3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a small reboot...anyone else? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/254845-reached-goal-been-maintenance-need-small-reboot-anyone-else.html)

jennydoodle 04-02-2012 11:10 AM

Good morning all! Like some of you, I had a very difficult weekend, but made it through. I am on day 7 of my reboot and am down 4.8#. I am finally getting closer to 132-133 range which is my favorite weight. I will stay on the reboot until Friday, then we are traveling for the weekend, so I will be off plan. Once I get back, it is back on plan.

I forgot how bad weekends s*ck on P1. I have been enjoying maintenance for too long, and this was my first weekend on P1 since November. I definitely struggled.

I don't know if anyone uses Muscle Milk light for an alternative, but since I did not like the chocolate drink I bought from Nashua, I thought I would try it. It is quite tasty. I have been using it as a post workout recovery drink. It is RTD and even comes with a little straw, so perfect for taking to the gym.

Oh- and just to confirm what others have said, the Pure Protein bars are the small ones. I guess if there were only large ones available, you could eat 1/2.

Momto2cs 04-02-2012 11:37 PM

How many carbs are in the muscle milk?

darbs7 04-03-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4278307)
How many carbs are in the muscle milk?

I drink the muscle milk light every day. It has 100 calories...3 carbs...1 fiber and 2.5 grams of fat. It taste good....Jenny Doodle here is a second on the muscle milk light.

Momto2cs 04-03-2012 11:06 AM

I will look for it. I know I have heard people mention it at the gym.

I think next week I will move to phase 2 and have eggs for breakfast instead of my usual pudding shake. I think I need to move back to some more normal food.

I love the soup for lunch, though. I'm sticking with that!

darbs7 04-04-2012 05:43 AM

Another perfect reboot day down! 2 more to go...then on Friday and Saturday I will follow phase 3 to get out of ketosis. My plan is that Sunday and Monday will be maintenance days and Tuesday and Wednesday will be cheat days. I will then go back to phase 1 for another 2 week reboot until April 25. I will continue this routine until June and hopefully I will be back at my lowest weight. I am hoping to net about a 4-5 pound loss with each cycle. Then in June I will go into full blown regular maintenance.

sunnymae 04-04-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darbs7 (Post 4279920)
Another perfect reboot day down! 2 more to go...then on Friday and Saturday I will follow phase 3 to get out of ketosis. My plan is that Sunday and Monday will be maintenance days and Tuesday and Wednesday will be cheat days. I will then go back to phase 1 for another 2 week reboot until April 25. I will continue this routine until June and hopefully I will be back at my lowest weight. I am hoping to net about a 4-5 pound loss with each cycle. Then in June I will go into full blown regular maintenance.

Hey Darbs,
Thanks for the update. You're inspiring me to get back to my lowest IP fighting weight for the summer. I really felt better minus the 7-8 lbs and I'm ready to tackle it. I like your approach and it sounds like it's working beautifully for you. Right on!

darbs7 04-04-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnymae (Post 4280667)
Hey Darbs,
Thanks for the update. You're inspiring me to get back to my lowest IP fighting weight for the summer. I really felt better minus the 7-8 lbs and I'm ready to tackle it. I like your approach and it sounds like it's working beautifully for you. Right on!

Glad to see you hoping on. I need to look at this as an approach forever. I think life happens and for me...I know that during the summer I won't focus much, but I will be active. I also don't focus from Thanksgiving to New Year's and then again during my February school break....so I will just do reboots in between and remember that this is a lifelong change that doesn't stop when you reach goal weight.

Momto2cs 04-10-2012 07:10 PM

Hope things are going well for everyone!!!

longdivision 04-10-2012 09:32 PM

i'm in my 3rd week of reboot using nashua product. i've lost 15 lbs and back to my maintenance weight, but i'm sticking with phase one until i lose 10 more lbs. i want to see how my body looks/feels in the 130s. hopefully that will only be a couple weeks away!

darbs7 04-13-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longdivision (Post 4288291)
i'm in my 3rd week of reboot using nashua product. i've lost 15 lbs and back to my maintenance weight, but i'm sticking with phase one until i lose 10 more lbs. i want to see how my body looks/feels in the 130s. hopefully that will only be a couple weeks away!

Wow...good girl....great to see you. I just spent a week away...probably back up to my highest...very bloated. Staying away from the scale until I have had a week on phase 1. Not sure if I will start phase one Sunday or Monday. I plan on staying in phase 1-3 until mid-June except for a few minor cheat days...April 25th (my teacher of the year banquet), April 28 (wedding), May 28 (anniversary) and maybe one other day. Hoping to be back to my lowest or below by June 15th.

Momto2cs 04-13-2012 01:20 PM

Hi all!
Darbs-good plan. Hide the scale until the water retention goes!
I am trying to stick to phase 1, last weekend was very off, but I finally saw 145 on the scale today!
I will stay with a phase 1/2 diet with my dh, but yay!

darbs7 04-14-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4292319)
Hi all!
Darbs-good plan. Hide the scale until the water retention goes!
I am trying to stick to phase 1, last weekend was very off, but I finally saw 145 on the scale today!
I will stay with a phase 1/2 diet with my dh, but yay!

Not being good at all...but getting tons of physical activity...did a 10 mile hike the other day. Lugged about 200 stone wall blocks today to rebuild in a different area. Shooting for May 1 for phase 1 for 25 days....that will be my longest stretch since entering maintanence last Memorial Day.

Momto2cs 04-14-2012 07:29 PM

May 1 sounds great. My dh is away for work until then, but he wants to refocus to lose about 20 more pounds. May 1 is his restart date!
Maybe I will actually see 140 if we really try!

New Englander 04-14-2012 07:43 PM

Thanks for the tip on Muscle Milk. I looked it up and it's made with Whey protein. I'm allergic to Soy protein and can't tolerate EAS. (I switched to alternatives in P3.) My cousin in CA uses Muscle Milk and her DH is a professional fighter so I always thought it was for die hard body builder types! :) Can't wait to find it and try it! :)

darbs7 04-15-2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 4293815)
Thanks for the tip on Muscle Milk. I looked it up and it's made with Whey protein. I'm allergic to Soy protein and can't tolerate EAS. (I switched to alternatives in P3.) My cousin in CA uses Muscle Milk and her DH is a professional fighter so I always thought it was for die hard body builder types! :) Can't wait to find it and try it! :)

Just make sure you get the Muscle Milk light (100 calories). It taste good too. I like the chocolate straight and the vanilla in my coffee or tea.