3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative Discussions Here (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/254659-alternative-discussions-here.html)

twolabs 03-12-2012 11:44 AM

FYI. The nutritional fact sheet is old. Let me figure out how to upload new one.

wuv2bloved 03-12-2012 12:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Most of y'all know I am all about helping others so I am going to post a few pdf files that I have collected about alternatives compared to IP and a few others. I hope this will be helpful to some of you...Lisa

dcapulet 03-12-2012 12:40 PM

I am doing the "alternate plan" (for health reasons) as well as using alternatives to IP foods - so I am the alternative alternative!

I started on Friday, and am feeling less hungry today and more energetic. I ordered some proti-diet stuff yesterday - I'll let you know how it turns out!

CassiR 03-12-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4250628)
Most of y'all know I am all about helping others so I am going to post a few pdf files that I have collected about alternatives compared to IP and a few others. I hope this will be helpful to some of you...Lisa

Thanks Wuv! I need to save these all in one place!

wuv2bloved 03-12-2012 12:56 PM

You are welcome, I tried to get it to the first page but was too late. But at least y'all can have it and know where it is ALL THE TIME to refer back too....SEE I HELP EVERYONE!!!!!

Yatese 03-12-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twolabs (Post 4250423)
I just left my clinic to do it on my own as well. I use the labels as a guide and am getting everything from nashua in combo with EAS shakes and my IP Favs I stocked up on. Didn't really see benefit in coaching and I have friends who have done who can help with guidance- as well as this awesome site to finish phases.

Can people post their favorite alternatives- I just ordered -

HealthSmart Pancakes - Golden DeliCious*
HealthSmart Pudding & Shake - Cheesecake *
Proti-Thin Protein Bar - Caramel Delight *-LOVE LOVE
Proti-Thin Snack - Chocolate Covered Soy Snacks
ProtiDiet Oatmeal - Maple Brown Sugar
ProtiDiet Omelette - Bacon & Cheese - not a fan so far
ProtiDiet Pancakes - Blueberry pancakes
ProtiDiet Pudding - Chocolate
ProtiDiet Pudding - Vanilla

All seem okay or did I miss something where I shouldn't use a product? Any other suggestions? I can't have nuts per allergy.

Thanks for tips and recs!

I really like the ProtiDiet Blueberry Pancakes
Proti-Thin - Chocolate Soy Snack (exactly the same as IP/$12.95 box/7 servings
Proti-Thin - Vanilla Peanut Bar (exactly the same as IP/$11.95 box/7 servings

Ordered this weekend:
Proti-Diet Pizza - $10.95 box (some mentioned that it was good)
Honey Nut Soy Cereal - $11.95 box (reviews say that it tastes like Cheerios)

My clinic charges $29.00 a box so if I can order some other products it is worth it. Still love the quality of the IP products so just using the others as supplemental at the moment.

mamacitaof2 03-12-2012 02:15 PM

ProtiThin Carmel Delight bar
Protidiet Honey Nut Cereal (it's not quite honey nut cherios, but it's good!)
Protidiet Hot Chocolate
Protidiet Chicken Soup
Weight Loss Systems Butterscotch Pudding (I REALLY like this one. I actually use it as a hot drink…mmmmm….)
HealthSmart Peanut Butter Bar (tastes like reeses)

Survalia 03-12-2012 02:17 PM

My staples consisted of:

Proti-Diet apple cinnamon oatmeal, which I always dressed up with about 1/4 cup of diced zuchinni which had been microwaved with cinnamon, mutmeg and lemon juice to make "apple" chunks. Sometimes I added a spoonful of WF caramel syrup. What a treat!

Proti-Diet Honey Nut cereal and Proti-Diet blueberry pancakes, very good IMO. I really liked the Proti-Diet tomato basil soup, too. (I chose mostly Proti-Diet because it seemed to be the most economical from Nashua).

bethanym 03-12-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4250651)
You are welcome, I tried to get it to the first page but was too late. But at least y'all can have it and know where it is ALL THE TIME to refer back too....SEE I HELP EVERYONE!!!!!

VERY much appreciated! :hug:

mtnsun4 03-12-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4250628)

Thank you Lisa! Very sweet of you. ;)

droidgigi 03-12-2012 11:47 PM

Snacks...

Hello all! I'm on a constant hunt for snacks :-)
And I saw this alternative thread and thought...hmmmm great idea! But I know nothing about the alternative stuff.

So I see ProtDiet and Proti-Thin, what's the difference?

These are the ones I'm interested in, please let me know if you have tried or when you do try
ProtiDiet Dessert - Chocolate Fudge Cake (7/Box:
Proti-Thin Protein Wafer Squares - Dark Chocolate (5/Box, 2 Squares/Serving)
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Supreme Chocolate (7/Box)

mtnsun4 03-13-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by droidgigi (Post 4251450)
Hello all! I'm on a constant hunt for snacks :-)
And I saw this alternative thread and thought...hmmmm great idea! But I know nothing about the alternative stuff.

So I see ProtDiet and Proti-Thin, what's the difference?

These are the ones I'm interested in, please let me know if you have tried or when you do try
ProtiDiet Dessert - Chocolate Fudge Cake (7/Box:
Proti-Thin Protein Wafer Squares - Dark Chocolate (5/Box, 2 Squares/Serving)
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Supreme Chocolate (7/Box)

I cannot speak on the difference between the two. I just looked at the spreadsheet that was made showing comparisons and made my choices from that sheet.

I have tried the protein wafer squares- YUMMY! They are a restricted but are sooooo good!

patns 03-13-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Survalia (Post 4250770)
My staples consisted of:

Proti-Diet apple cinnamon oatmeal, which I always dressed up with about 1/4 cup of diced zuchinni which had been microwaved with cinnamon, mutmeg and lemon juice to make "apple" chunks. Sometimes I added a spoonful of WF caramel syrup. What a treat!

Proti-Diet Honey Nut cereal and Proti-Diet blueberry pancakes, very good IMO. I really liked the Proti-Diet tomato basil soup, too. (I chose mostly Proti-Diet because it seemed to be the most economical from Nashua).

Those are my favourites too, well except for the tomato soup which I haven't tried.
Waht a great idea to put the "apple" chunks in the cereal. I can't believe how good the zucchini can taste. I put Davinci's green Apple syrup in it.

What I love about the proti-diet oatmeals is that they are not restricted so I can have oatmeal at breakfast and still have a bar later in the day.
Pat

patns 03-13-2012 11:27 AM

Thanks for putting the nutritional sheets here WUV. Using them saves many questions.

mamacitaof2 03-13-2012 01:20 PM

I also really like the Detour bars (orange wrapper) and the EAS Carbadvantege RTD shakes. I've tried the chocolate fudge, dark chocolate, carmel mocha and vanilla...all are really good!

These are definately two items I'll continue to use once I reach goal.