3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat 3 - 4 March 12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/254136-ip-weekend-chat-3-4-march-12-a.html)

bethanym 03-03-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple sky (Post 4239145)
Mini goal #3 today - 138
Whew.

That's it for mini-goals until I hit my current goal goal.
Started drinking tea in the evening. Wonder if that helped.

Yesterday night I had a dream that DH had a big weight loss. It was so real to me that I was convinced he woke in the middle of the night and got on the scale. I told him and when he got on the scale he was down 2 lbs. He never loses that much in 1 swoop.

We are now down 66 lbs collectively. 66 lbs in 66 days.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Yay for both of you!!! BTW, I enjoyed reading your blog...I may have to start one myself. And I found 2 vases with marbles in one of my cabinets, so I am making my motivational things today. (they won't be fancy though...I may just use plain glasses, sigh)

patns 03-03-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple sky (Post 4239145)
Mini goal #3 today - 138
Whew.

That's it for mini-goals until I hit my current goal goal.
Started drinking tea in the evening. Wonder if that helped.

Yesterday night I had a dream that DH had a big weight loss. It was so real to me that I was convinced he woke in the middle of the night and got on the scale. I told him and when he got on the scale he was down 2 lbs. He never loses that much in 1 swoop.

We are now down 66 lbs collectively. 66 lbs in 66 days.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Wow! Perfect record 66 in 66.
Good for both of you.
The dreams on the plan are unreal. Or maybe real. It shows how much of our focus is concentrated on winning the battle this time.

wuv2bloved 03-03-2012 11:39 AM

Good Morning everyone, its a bit cloudy here today, storms are suppose to come through later this afternoon. I hope none of our posters were effected by the storms yesterday, I know Bludolphin is in northern AL and I haven't heard from her so I am concerned. I hope and pray all involved are ok. Not too much going on today except getting a new hairstyle today....new body new style is what my hairdresser(my cousin) said.....so cut, color and highlight at 1...woohooo....and I might have another date tonight!.....this is weird...I am GOING places now....lol

bethanym 03-03-2012 11:41 AM

I am back on track after my brief off-plan foray for a week (which I don't recommend), and am now back to my last weigh-in weight which means that 1) I am back in ketosis and 2) I pretty much wasted a week, sigh. But at least I am back firmly on the wagon now.

I started using my Fitbit today to track my activity levels today....we'll see how that goes. I'm not quite sure that I want to give up my Fitday (I have the pc version with enhanced reporting) to switch to a new app for tracking, but I am going to be open minded.

Ok...time to get off the pc and be productive!

wuv2bloved 03-03-2012 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bethanym (Post 4239168)
Yay for both of you!!! BTW, I enjoyed reading your blog...I may have to start one myself. And I found 2 vases with marbles in one of my cabinets, so I am making my motivational things today. (they won't be fancy though...I may just use plain glasses, sigh)

Doesn't have to be fancy, I have just flower vases that I had in the cabinet for mine. I already had the clear marbles in another vase and used those. Take a sharpie and write on the glasses, it will wash up. Draw some designs on it, be creative!!! here are mine

bethanym 03-03-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4239172)
Not too much going on today except getting a new hairstyle today....new body new style is what my hairdresser(my cousin) said.....so cut, color and highlight at 1...woohooo....and I might have another date tonight!.....this is weird...I am GOING places now....lol

Good for you!!! I am sure you will feel like a million bucks when you leave there. So is this a 2nd date with the same guy, or a new guy??

wuv2bloved 03-03-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethanym (Post 4239178)
Good for you!!! I am sure you will feel like a million bucks when you leave there. So is this a 2nd date with the same guy, or a new guy??

Third date....same guy :o

des1187 03-03-2012 11:52 AM

Hey everyone! Congrats on your progress!

I have a quick question. I am in love with the oatmeal and I eat it as my restricted every morning. I've been eating oatmeal every day for 3 years lol. Anyway, I'm sad that I must choose between my morning oatmeal and the delicious bars, chili etc. each day. I recently found online oatmeal from ProtiDiet. It has 6 carbs (1 fiber). Would this count as unrestricted? Because that would make me the happiest girl this side of the Mississippi. :)

northernfawn 03-03-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4239172)
Good Morning everyone, its a bit cloudy here today, storms are suppose to come through later this afternoon. I hope none of our posters were effected by the storms yesterday, I know Bludolphin is in northern AL and I haven't heard from her so I am concerned. I hope and pray all involved are ok. Not too much going on today except getting a new hairstyle today....new body new style is what my hairdresser(my cousin) said.....so cut, color and highlight at 1...woohooo....and I might have another date tonight!.....this is weird...I am GOING places now....lol

your post made me smile:) sounds like your having a really enjoyable week. I look forward to seeing your 'new' photo every week - can't wait to see the new hair-do!! I'll have to figure out how to post my photo too, it would be good to see my journey in pictures too....

wuv2bloved 03-03-2012 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by des1187 (Post 4239192)
Hey everyone! Congrats on your progress!

I have a quick question. I am in love with the oatmeal and I eat it as my restricted every morning. I've been eating oatmeal every day for 3 years lol. Anyway, I'm sad that I must choose between my morning oatmeal and the delicious bars, chili etc. each day. I recently found online oatmeal from ProtiDiet. It has 6 carbs (1 fiber). Would this count as unrestricted? Because that would make me the happiest girl this side of the Mississippi. :)

Well you are the happiest girl on this side of the Mississippi....it would NOT be restricted. I am going to attach a PDF file that compares Pro-thin, Pro-diet and IP foods....its list what is restricted and not....it may help you in further choices :)

wuv2bloved 03-03-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernfawn (Post 4239201)
your post made me smile:) sounds like your having a really enjoyable week. I look forward to seeing your 'new' photo every week - can't wait to see the new hair-do!! I'll have to figure out how to post my photo too, it would be good to see my journey in pictures too....

Its easy, if you want to put your pic as your avatar, go to CP user click change avatar, scroll down to manage attachments click browse find your pic and upload :)

If you want to put it in your signature click edit signature and follow the same procedure:)

grassfedbeef 03-03-2012 12:20 PM

For "crisp" I spray something like a ramekin ( I have a brie baker for smaller brie round that is excellent size) with Pam. If I skip this part the cereal mixture sticks to the dish and I don't get to eat some of it.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

You can also do this with an oatmeal pkg. I used maple oatmeal with 2 ounces of water and just put in over the rhubarb. I don't think I added anything else but haven't made it with the oatmeal for a while because the oatmeal is a restricted and the cereal isn't.[/QUOTE]

For the crisp, do you crush the cereal or mix with any water before you put it on top and bake it??

purple sky 03-03-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethanym (Post 4239168)

Thank you. It's been a great exercise, I highly recommend it. I don't think we are aware of how far we have come sometimes on this diet and how many things we have gone through, some good, some not so good and some great. I regret not starting it early on but I didn't want to jinx things. In the past I would get all gung ho about something and then it would just peter out or fizzle. Much ado about nuthin'.

My jars at home are finally looking almost even. That is exciting. My home jars have my full goal weight. You must do the jars. Once you hear that clink it will really motivate you. I think that is important early on in this diet. A bit later trying on clothes motivates you. We need different things at different times. These days it's going to the bathroom.

I had 2 good bathroom days and today we even got ComicCon tickets. So my inner geek is stoked.

mooselover 03-03-2012 12:28 PM

Good morning everyone :) I am going to be busy getting ready for my trip. I leave in the morning for my monthly trip to Casper, WY. I work from home most of the time and fly to Casper once a month for a week to close the financials for the company I work for. This will be my first time flying since I started IP. I am going to make it easy on myself and my meals will be simple. I will try to read your posts daily, but I am usually pretty busy while I am away and don't always get the "me" time I like.

Send out "good thoughts" toward me. I am gonna need them!!!

bethanym 03-03-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4239185)
Third date....same guy :o

AWESOME! Maybe it's really "new body, new hair, new man!!"

And your vases are very similar to what I have....I am definitely doing that today!