3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat 3 - 4 March 12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/254136-ip-weekend-chat-3-4-march-12-a.html)

Ishbel 03-03-2012 09:22 AM

IP Weekend Chat 3 - 4 March 12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Ishbel 03-03-2012 09:26 AM

Thought I'd start the Weekend chat...hope you are all having a wonderful day...:)

QHLover 03-03-2012 09:28 AM

Brekkie

making the pudding pancakes as I type, they look yummy

I had tried making them into muffins but the taste was metallic, maybe I cooked them too long

My new fave IP food is the chocolate soy puffs, definitely worth it, a bit of crunch for my afternoon snack

Ishbel 03-03-2012 09:32 AM

Try the rice crispy cereal as a pancake....non restricted goodness! :)

QHLover 03-03-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QHLover (Post 4239060)
making the pudding pancakes as I type, they look yummy

I had tried making them into muffins but the taste was metallic, maybe I cooked them too long

My new fave IP food is the chocolate soy puffs, definitely worth it, a bit of crunch for my afternoon snack

don't make them too thick - they were raw inside but cooked on outside, good flavour though - will try again tomorrow - add a bit more water 3 oz

Cadu 03-03-2012 09:37 AM

Good Morning everybody.

My Daughter and I went to see the Peking Acrobats last night at the performing arts center here in NJ. Wow can they do some amazing things. It's wild how those women can contort there bodies.. I am lucky I can bend over to tie my shoes.. lol
Anyway we had a great time.

I hope everyone has a gret weekend and an easy time being OP!

QHLover 03-03-2012 09:41 AM

Just wanted to respond to the post below from yesterday - I too have found great health benefits to being on this low carb diet - I suffered for many years with indigestion, terrible terrible indigestion, taking two 150 mg Zantac every day, starting to need one before every meal, since being on the this diet I have not taken one Zantac let alone a tums or rolaid, this diet has been a life saver for me. Once I get to goal I will increase my carbs a bit with fruit and such but it has made me realize that bread and many of the things I used to eat are not for my digestive system.

Copied below from a post from page 1 of daily chat:

I have not found clear studies on the kidney and liver detrimental effects. If a person already has compromise in these organs then that can be problem with metabolizing and excreting the waste products of ketosis. If these organs are healthy, I would be interested in reading the research findings.

This I know, a carbohydrate based diet has been so incredibly detrimental to my health that I am ill with several serious issues. Fortunately, I have no serious illnesses that precludes a ketogenic diet for weight loss.

I think many people talk about problems with various different forms of diet and weight loss rather than speaking to the IP approach specifically. There have been some diets that caused problems. There have been people who applied the diets in a harmful way. This all gets thrown into the warnings about various approaches unfortunately.

I think it is interesting that a form of ketongenic diet ( low carb, high fat and not IP) is showing promise in treating kidney failure in diabetics.

There is lots of misinformation out there or generalizations that do not take into account specific approaches. Nothing is without its risks and benefits. It does take some research sometimes to find the best approach to diet management for each individual.

massconfusion84 03-03-2012 10:36 AM

Does anyone elso use pinterest and look at the fitness section for motivation? Heres my link to my pins http://pinterest.com/chastity_gillin/new-me/

KRinOttawa 03-03-2012 10:45 AM

LOVE Pinterest - and just started following your 'New Me' board! This is my equivalents: http://pinterest.com/kirstie_r/fitness-inspiration/

No big plans for me this weekend; we're getting ready to put our house for sale so the plan for today & tomorrow is to start weeding through all the stuff we've collected over the years & tossing what I really don't need! A few weeks ago, that seemed way too overwhelming to even think about, but now I'm feeling pretty excited about it all.

And I wanted to OHlover re: indigestion... When I started IP I was suffering pretty regularly from horrible acidy grossness but it hasn't been a problem for me since day one of the program! Yeehaw for hidden perks!

Have a great weekend, all!

patns 03-03-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4239067)
Try the rice crispy cereal as a pancake....non restricted goodness! :)

Also make the crispy cereal into a rhubarb crisp. Delicious! I hate to read of people "gagging' the cereal down as a cereal. It is so versatile.

Pat

KRinOttawa 03-03-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4239097)
Also make the crispy cereal into a rhubarb crisp. Delicious! Pat

Ooooh, my favourite desert, IP or not! Recipe, please and thank you? :hug:

GonnaB50NFabulous 03-03-2012 10:57 AM

NSV-Just cleaned all of the 3X uniforms out of my closet! Wow, can't wait to get all of the 2X out (but they still fit just fine) and make way for smaller uniforms!

patns 03-03-2012 11:17 AM

Also, my coach stated that IP recently decided that restricted items should only be consumed 1-2 times per week rather than 1 per day...so perhaps limiting restricted items would help.

I am copying this from a thread that was started several days ago. Since them I have noticed people on several threads asking if this is a new change.

Please note, this is an old post someone dug up from 2010. Possibly IP tried this restriction and found it didn't make a difference and went back to the original plan

purple sky 03-03-2012 11:20 AM

Mini Goal #3

Mini goal #3 today - 138
Whew.

That's it for mini-goals until I hit my current goal goal.
Started drinking tea in the evening. Wonder if that helped.

Yesterday night I had a dream that DH had a big weight loss. It was so real to me that I was convinced he woke in the middle of the night and got on the scale. I told him and when he got on the scale he was down 2 lbs. He never loses that much in 1 swoop.

We are now down 66 lbs collectively. 66 lbs in 66 days.

Have a great weekend everyone.

patns 03-03-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRinOttawa (Post 4239102)
Ooooh, my favourite desert, IP or not! Recipe, please and thank you? :hug:

This is the recipe for the pancake:

1 pkg crispy cereal crushed
2 egg whites beaten
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
dash cinnamon & nutmeg

Beat eggs and add dry ingredients.
I spray a pan with Pam and heat the pan first, lower the heat, brown pancake slowly.

For "crisp" I spray something like a ramekin ( I have a brie baker for smaller brie round that is excellent size) with Pam. If I skip this part the cereal mixture sticks to the dish and I don't get to eat some of it.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

You can also do this with an oatmeal pkg. I used maple oatmeal with 2 ounces of water and just put in over the rhubarb. I don't think I added anything else but haven't made it with the oatmeal for a while because the oatmeal is a restricted and the cereal isn't.

Back to add, this is not my recipe, it is on the recipe threads here. I think I got it from Finn Steven's.