Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #91  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
So I fell off the wagon these last couple of days. Off work due to the flu and have continuously craved peanuts! I've been giving into my cravings with the thought that my body must be requiring something.....
I have avoided anything sweet and will hop back on the IP train tomorrow, hopefully I haven't screwed things up to badly.
Can't understand why I'm craving them ....
I hope you are feeling better! I had a few off the wagon days too, but mine was due to dealing with a kitchen renovation (including a broken pipe and flood) while working full time (during a stressful work period).

Basically, I caved in to the stress and gave in to what was easiest and what I was craving (a sandwich!). But I am back on plan, and have a short term goal to stay 100% OP until I leave for a work trip on 3/15 (and I am taking IP with me on the trip). The more I lose between now and then, the better my clothes will fit and the more confident I will feel during my presentation.!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGal View Post
WI #1 was today and I lost 9.2 pounds and 5 inches from my waist for just one week! LOL So excited!

And I had a huge NSV today too... at my work they brought in tons of bagels from Panera Bread and I went in the kitchen where they were to refill my water bottle and I was like "oh, those smell good" and I walked out with a big smile on my face! Before... I would have had 2!
Wow- that's amazing!! Good job. The NSV are often just as impotent as the actuallyweight lost... Fantastic girl!!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Thank you!....So I had my WI this morning but have been on the road all day so I am just now saying....I GAINED 1lb!.....didn't do anything different at all and GAINED.....SOOOOO even though you are 100% there is still a possibility of GAINING for some reason. Didn't let it get me down either, I know its my body changing again its been a while since it has done that. Went shopping in Mobile today....tried on some stuff.....I AM IN A SIZE 20 PANT!!!!!.......i THINK maybe in 9th grade that is what size I was.....lol...so even though I gained I didn't let it bother me, I just went on about my day because the scale IS ONLY A NUMBER!!.....I am losing SOMETHING if I loss 1inch!
Great mindset. You know next week will go your way and the size says it all!
Keep at it!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #94  

Quote:
Thank you!....So I had my WI this morning but have been on the road all day so I am just now saying....I GAINED 1lb!.....didn't do anything different at all and GAINED.....SOOOOO even though you are 100% there is still a possibility of GAINING for some reason. Didn't let it get me down either, I know its my body changing again its been a while since it has done that. Went shopping in Mobile today....tried on some stuff.....I AM IN A SIZE 20 PANT!!!!!.......i THINK maybe in 9th grade that is what size I was.....lol...so even though I gained I didn't let it bother me, I just went on about my day because the scale IS ONLY A NUMBER!!.....I am losing SOMETHING if I loss 1inch!
Way to kep your spirits up- you are such a positive & optimistic! Your attitude is a very powerful tool- you are such an inspiration!!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #95  

I'm day 8 and have been completed OP- until
Tonight.... I never even thought about the carbs and sugar in liquid cough syrup- 19g!!!! Yikes I've taken it 2 nights in a row for stuffed nose/ cough- I hope it doesn't affect ketosis to much. I will buy capsules tomorrow and just continue on OP! It was just a mistake- proving how important it is to think about absolutely everything that goes into my Mouth!

Congrats to everyone on the great WI, inches lost or imspirational NSV /stories...
Old 02-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
So I fell off the wagon these last couple of days. Off work due to the flu and have continuously craved peanuts! I've been giving into my cravings with the thought that my body must be requiring something.....
I have avoided anything sweet and will hop back on the IP train tomorrow, hopefully I haven't screwed things up to badly.
Can't understand why I'm craving them ....
Sounds like it may be the salt you were craving. The flu does put everything out of wack.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 243/139/140

Quote:
I've been on IP for 23 weeks and I've had 3 weeks where I stayed the same, and one week where I gained a pound. All of those weeks were either preceded by or followed by a week with a substantial loss so I think it's just my body's way of adjusting or something. I'm like you--I didn't let it bother me either. I'm in this for the long haul! That being said, I was pleased today to weigh in with a 3 pound loss!

The only down side to my weight loss so far is lots of loose and ugly skin! I figure that at my age there isn't much elasticity so I think I'm going to be stuck with it. Not that I was planning on wearing a bikini this summer! Lol!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #98  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Quote:
Congrats on the size 20 Wuv, that's awesome!!! And thank you for posting this. Your positive attitude is an inspiration to me, especially since I know if anyone is 100% OP its you. It just makes me not feel like I'm screwing things up so bad if other people who are all the way dedicated have weeks where the numbers don't change, even though their body is changing. Thank you for sharing this
Old 03-01-2012, 01:30 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Well, weigh in was kind to me again.. I'm down another 4.5 lbs!! YIPPIE!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:40 AM   #100  
professor hardy harr!

Height: 5"1.5 (don't forget the .5)

Hi all my fellow IP'ers. Loved reading all the great posts today, thank you everyone

WI on friday and the scale hasn't moved yet It is however my own fault. I had a lot of vodka, soda and lime wedge drinks on Saturday night. It was my friends 40th bday party. The hangover was totally worth it, the stalled weight loss not so much haha Lesson learned, i am putting my party girl away till maintenance!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurge View Post
Huge NSV today! It was one of my co-worker's birthday today they got her a cake and while I was out for lunch they left not one but TWO big pieces on my desk. I got the bowl that I had my soup in and neatly put them inside it to give to my roommates when I got home. Just because I can't have it doesn't mean they can't. LOL! I also dropped another 4.5 lbs at weigh-in on Monday yay! I remember somebody saying there was a good IP cake recipe somewhere. Can somebody point it out to me? My birthday is coming up in March and I'd like a really good cake to eat.
You can make an unrestricted cake with any of the pudding (dry mix) flavors

Beat 2 egg whites till frothy (add vanilla or splenda flavoring if you wish)

add 1/2 tsp of baking powder to w/e pudding flavor you have chosen

fold pudding powder/baking powder mix into egg mixture, 1/4 of the package at a time. Add water till mixture is cake batter consistency

Spray Baking pans with cooking spray

cup cake size bake @ 350 for 10 to 12mins (use a tooth pick to test them)

small cake size bake @ 350 for 12 to 15 mins (tooth pick test)

for frosting i use the marshmallow spread and add a french vanilla or caramel splenda. They taste awesome and are non restricted happy baking
Closed Thread