Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
Yes, your blood sugar can get too low on IP. Especially if you're on any meds. Are you? Thyroid, blood pressure, blood sugar? Be very careful. How much do you have to lose? If you have 90 # to lose, you may need an extra packet or 2 a day for a while. Are you taking your supps, too? Carbs are low on this plan, but the calories are even lower. So, if you have (sorry for this wording) a lot of 'mass' you may need a little extra fuel until the mass is not as great. I just had surgery and I had to up my caloric intake for prep and healing. I would not have had a good outcome if I had stayed on protocol.

When you're shaking, your body is telling you something - EAT. Better a protein, than a bag of chips! You will NOT mess anything up. You will not have to 'start over' you have not failed if you have an extra pack. As a matter of fact, if you put your body into starvation mode, you'll stop losing.

How are you feeling today?
Lakewood- I have surgery coming up in mid march and am 19 pounds from my goal. I had hoped to be on maintenance by then but that is not going to happen. how can I remain OP or close to it around surgery??
Old 02-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I had the cereal last night as a pancake, OMG I love it!!!! It was such a treat and not restricted....can't wait to pick up more to use it as a 'treat'
That is neat, you have been doing IP for a while and have lost so much weight, but still discovering new and exciting ways to do things. Someone suggested using some stewed rhubarb on the pancake. I might try that too.

Pat
Old 02-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by des1187 View Post
Yes I agree, bethanym. I definitely plan to minimize wine in the future. It's largely to blame for my gain in the first place! I think I need some new friends who aren't constantly inviting me to happy hour. lol Maybe I'll meet some on here!
How far away do you live? I'm scared to try wine again. I'm sure the first glass will knock me on my behind. So maybe no wine in my future.

pat
Old 02-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

The wine will get ya unexpectedly. When I was at goal last year it didn't take much!
Too bad you guys are so far south from me in fmm
Old 02-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 232.5/199/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Yes, dill pickle in a jar. Mt Olive also has pickles with splenda that are really great, those are allowed as well. There is sweet relish, bread and butter and baby gerkhins
Thank you so much for your reply! So exciting! I must look for those other pickles! Opens up much more variety! Love it!!! PS: You are doing great!!! Such an inspiration to keep going!!!!!!! Congrats!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #81  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaLiveLaughLove View Post
Thank you so much for your reply! So exciting! I must look for those other pickles! Opens up much more variety! Love it!!! PS: You are doing great!!! Such an inspiration to keep going!!!!!!! Congrats!!!
You are welcome, I have been OP for 42 weeks now and I am STILL NOT BORED with the food....never eat the same thing twice unless I want too
Old 02-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 232.5/199/130

Height: 5'4

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
You are welcome, I have been OP for 42 weeks now and I am STILL NOT BORED with the food....never eat the same thing twice unless I want too
That's awesome! I am going to try to lose 100 pounds! I can't wait for my first weigh in! Hopefully it will keep me motivated! I find the soups are way too thick.. :P.. hard to get down
Old 02-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #83  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaLiveLaughLove View Post
That's awesome! I am going to try to lose 100 pounds! I can't wait for my first weigh in! Hopefully it will keep me motivated! I find the soups are way too thick.. :P.. hard to get down
I dont' like ANY of the soups.....YUK!!!,,,they make me the color of my writing....hahaha
Old 02-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #84  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

These are some videos from Dr. Tran Tien's site.
They say weight loss is all in your head
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article300
It fits with some of the discussion from the weekend chat.

Why does it take courage to go on a diet.
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article301
This one is for the newbies.
"each pound has a story"

Dieting the the glycemic index
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article312
Informational. Interesting

If anyone knows where I can find a hard copy of his book, please let me know. I don't want to read it on the computer. I could not find anything on Amazon in hard copy or Kindle version.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #85  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
If anyone knows where I can find a hard copy of his book, please let me know. I don't want to read it on the computer. I could not find anything on Amazon in hard copy or Kindle version.
I downloaded the pdf from the website to my computer, and then transferred it to my Kindle. I did have to change the screen display to make it larger, but once I did that it was fine.

It is definitely worth a read just to see how much his differs from the protocol they have us following.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #86  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
I downloaded the pdf from the website to my computer, and then transferred it to my Kindle. I did have to change the screen display to make it larger, but once I did that it was fine.

It is definitely worth a read just to see how much his differs from the protocol they have us following.
Ah...do I upload it to the cloud. I never put anything free on my kindle before. LOL!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Default Day 1

I had a great day today! I decided yesterday that I was ready to get back on track. I have been MIA for almost a year. Last March, I was diagnosed with Sarcoma in my right lower leg. It has been a difficult year. First, I had a surgery to remove the tumor and along with it went part of my bone, muscles and nerves. The tumor and surgery caused me to develop drop foot. Now, I have to wear an AFO. I also had 7 weeks of radiation and 3 months of chemotherapy. I am just now able to work part time. I know how important eating healthy is and I must get back on track. I have gained 20 lbs since the diagnosis. I am excited about starting this program again, because I know it works. I look forward to chatting with you all.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
I had a great day today! I decided yesterday that I was ready to get back on track. I have been MIA for almost a year. Last March, I was diagnosed with Sarcoma in my right lower leg. It has been a difficult year. First, I had a surgery to remove the tumor and along with it went part of my bone, muscles and nerves. The tumor and surgery caused me to develop drop foot. Now, I have to wear an AFO. I also had 7 weeks of radiation and 3 months of chemotherapy. I am just now able to work part time. I know how important eating healthy is and I must get back on track. I have gained 20 lbs since the diagnosis. I am excited about starting this program again, because I know it works. I look forward to chatting with you all.
Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear of your illness. Sounds like you're staying strong and will be back to "good" health in no time. Be well. <3
Old 02-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Every night I count the hours until I can have my night time snack which is a chocolate drink. I crave it and usually have it four hours after dinner but always more than one hour before going to bed...My coach told me I should have it within an hour of going to bed, but I can never seem to do that. Not only because I'm craving it so badly but because it puts me in the "powder room" nonstop...(because with it I have a large glass of water to take my IP "medicine") guess this isn't such a bad problem to have???
Old 02-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #90  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by massconfusion84 View Post
Does anyone have any advice on how to flavor up the chicken soup packet? I started the alternative" thing" last week but I still have 4 chicken soups left. I would like to use them but eating them plain makes me want to gag. Hope everyones having a great day
I will cook my veggies with garlic then pour the soup over them and add red hot sauce. Hot and spicy is good in my book.
Closed Thread