Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Okay, so I never do this, and if it's not okay PLEASE let me know and I'll delete it, but the contest I mentioned yesterday, the one I actually finally got the nerve up to enter after beating around the bush? Well I got nominated as a finalist. WooHoo!!!!!!!! :Broccoli:

The link to the post (and my story) is here http://www.taitboudoir.com/blog/2012...way-finalists/ (I'm the second one down)

As I'm sure many of you can relate to I still see myself as I was 50 lbs ago (I lost 15 lbs pre IP and 35 on IP and the 35 has been way easier!). Plus this would make an awesome addition to a care package for my husband who is deploying next month.

NAVYMOM: I had Erica Tait take boudoir pictures of me during DH's first deployment (he flipped and loved them)!! She is FABULOUS!!! I am so so so so so excited for you
I should tell you that even if by chance you don't win, ask if you can have a discount and save up the $ (maybe $5 for every pound you lose or something) because you deserve these pictures NO MATTER WHAT

Last edited by le506; 02-13-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #77  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

The only catch is the winner is determined by votes, so I've made it part of the way but not all of the way. I would really really really appreciate any votes you could put my way. All you have to do is send an E-Mail with my name "Michelle" in the ...
You just got another vote. Good luck!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #78  
started IP 1/23/12

S/C/G: 229.8/180/140

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
Okay, so I never do this, and if it's not okay PLEASE let me know and I'll delete it, but the contest I mentioned yesterday, the one I actually finally got the nerve up to enter after beating around the bush? Well I got nominated as a finalist. WooHoo!!!!!!!! :Broccoli:

The only catch is the winner is determined by votes, so I've made it part of the way but not all of the way. I would really really really appreciate any votes you could put my way. All you have to do is send an E-Mail with my name "Michelle" in the subject.

The link to the post (and my story) is here http://www.taitboudoir.com/blog/2012...way-finalists/ (I'm the second one down)

As I'm sure many of you can relate to I still see myself as I was 50 lbs ago (I lost 15 lbs pre IP and 35 on IP and the 35 has been way easier!). Plus this would make an awesome addition to a care package for my husband who is deploying next month.
Voted for you! Hope you win! You look amazing.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 178/145/135

Height: 5'6"

Good luck navy mom. I just sent you a vote as well
Old 02-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

voting done! good luck!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #81  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
I have the pure protein bars as well. They totally messed me up. There were too many carbs in them for my body which made me sick, made me gain weight, and basically put me back into the carb-craving cycle. I got new bars from Nashua, and since I've been using them have felt amazing.

So, I've been looking for the answer to this question, and have yet to find it: are 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg an alternative for an IP packet? I kind of remember reading that they were, but now I can't find the post. Eggs have been messing me up this week big time.
Eggs DO NOT replace a packet....a packet is designed with a special mixture of nutrients that we need in a day...A packet is a packet no if and or buts about it...can not be replaced. If you eat something besides a packet it will be a protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Does anyone know if we can have yellow squash? I think it is also called summer squash. It's just like zucchini in my mind so I was not sure if it is treated like the other squashes.
Yes you can have yellow squash, its considered a summer squash. The winter squash are NOT allowed

Hey everyone, its been a LONG day been up since 5am, been on the road since 7am and just got back to mom's. Thank goodness the rain didn't happen until we were on the way home. The services were beautiful and OMG did they have a spread of food there...geeze....crawfish bread, king cake, fruits, shrimp fettuccine, spinach dip, deviled eggs, jambalaya, roast beef, ham and wine...lots and lots of wine and a LOT more food. I didn't even go to the kitchen, I stayed in the living room. I had a shake at 630am and had my apple cinnamon puffs around 1 on the way to the burial site. So overall it was a good day and yes without a doubt stayed 100% OP!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #82  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Eggs DO NOT replace a packet....a packet is designed with a special mixture of nutrients that we need in a day...A packet is a packet no if and or buts about it...can not be replaced. If you eat something besides a packet it will be a protein.

Yes you can have yellow squash, its considered a summer squash. The winter squash are NOT allowed

Hey everyone, its been a LONG day been up since 5am, been on the road since 7am and just got back to mom's. Thank goodness the rain didn't happen until we were on the way home. The services were beautiful and OMG did they have a spread of food there...geeze....crawfish bread, king cake, fruits, shrimp fettuccine, spinach dip, deviled eggs, jambalaya, roast beef, ham and wine...lots and lots of wine and a LOT more food. I didn't even go to the kitchen, I stayed in the living room. I had a shake at 630am and had my apple cinnamon puffs around 1 on the way to the burial site. So overall it was a good day and yes without a doubt stayed 100% OP!
Sounds like you have every right to be exhausted! <3 <3 <3 <3! Glad you're still on plan, not like anything could shake you anyway ! Get you some rest!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #83  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjo View Post
I have been reading the post for alternatives to the IP diet. I sometimes feel like I should try them also. I feel so guilty spending the money I do on IP. However I know myself well enough to know that I could not stick to it sometimes if it were not for the money I spend becouse I would feel even worse if I cheated and waisted my money on the packets. I hope that everyone can find a way to lose their weight and stay healthy it just upsets me sometimes that being healthy has to cost so much. We also have to remember that being unhealthy cost much more. I hope everyone has a great day on OP and I wish everyone great progress no matter what they choose to do.
IP is expensive but so worth it, while on phase 1 I did strictly IP and since then I have used alternatives but didn't seem to be as effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
Does any of the Canadian IP'ers know any place to get the veggie cheese?
most stores have veggie slices but remember they are part of your protein limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmothoe View Post
Yellow summer squash should be okay, it's winter squash that is higher in carbs (pumpkin, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, etc).
hmmm I am going to disagree on this as I was told that only zucchini and the YELLOW zucchini were considered summer squash, what I did was google summer squash and if you see your squash in that list then go for it. I found chayote that way and I really like chayote squash.
Of course I may be wrong but I would check into it further.

I was also told by my coach that restricted are there for you to use once a day as with the low calorie intake that your body needs that extra intake.

Have a wonderful day and welcome to all the new people here.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #84  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

The only catch is the winner is determined by votes, so I've made it part of the way but not all of the way. I would really really really appreciate any votes you could put my way. All you have to do is send an E-Mail with my name "Michelle" in the subject.

Woohoo! I voted for ya!!! I sooo hope you win! I did a boudoir shoot back in June, and loved it. Granted I was bigger like I am now (or was bigger as I'm slightly shrinking), but the pictures turned out hot and it gave me a big confidence boost. I want to do one when I reach goal weight as a little present for myself. Please keep us updated on this, we're cheering for you!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 182/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Another vote has been sent!!! Cheering you on!!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'2

Just found out I'm going to Vegas for Dh and I 10 year anniversary!! Omg I am so excited, i've been nothing but a mom for 16 years, I've never been any where like that!! I'm really hoping to hit that size 14 before then... But what in the world do you were in vegas?? I am so glad I have been on this diet, I really want to look good!! Thank you for all the support on this board I couldn't have made it this far with out you all
Old 02-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #87  
Gotta keep trying!

Is anyone still up & around? I just found out that at the end of this month that my division of working [I work from home] is being eliminated for 1 month or longer. They're not sure on time frame [it's not just me but other people too] losing their job. I'm at a total loss on what to do or even think. I don't qualify for unemployment because I'm self employeed & I just feel like crying.

I feel so sick that I couldn't even work up the courage to eat my feelings because all I feel like doing is smashing something. I don't know what to do.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #88  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Is anyone still up & around? I just found out that at the end of this month that my division of working [I work from home] is being eliminated for 1 month or longer. They're not sure on time frame [it's not just me but other people too] losing their job. I'm at a total loss on what to do or even think. I don't qualify for unemployment because I'm self employeed & I just feel like crying.

I feel so sick that I couldn't even work up the courage to eat my feelings because all I feel like doing is smashing something. I don't know what to do.
Ohhhh nooo I'm sooo very sorry to hear this Miranda
Old 02-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #89  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskastarr View Post
Ohhhh nooo I'm sooo very sorry to hear this Miranda
Thank you . I'm just kind of in shock about the whole thing. My boss couldn't even bother to CALL me, she TEXT me. She's not the one out of a job, I am; I think i'm most bothered that she couldn't even bother to tell me over the phone ..
Old 02-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Done! Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Done! You are so pretty!

Pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
You just got another vote. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mama View Post
Voted for you! Hope you win! You look amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chshedtchr View Post
Good luck navy mom. I just sent you a vote as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkssweetie View Post
voting done! good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammywhiz View Post
another vote for you ! Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Woohoo! I voted for ya!!! I sooo hope you win! I did a boudoir shoot back in June, and loved it. Granted I was bigger like I am now (or was bigger as I'm slightly shrinking), but the pictures turned out hot and it gave me a big confidence boost. I want to do one when I reach goal weight as a little present for myself. Please keep us updated on this, we're cheering for you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky64 View Post

Another vote has been sent!!! Cheering you on!!!!
Wow, I am completely overwhelmed by the support, I'm in tears. Thank you guys so much. I can't tell you how much it means to me. I won't tell anyone (aside from a few girlfriends) that I know because I don't know how they would react, so this is my only outlet. Thank you again, it means the world to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
NAVYMOM: I had Erica Tait take boudoir pictures of me during DH's first deployment (he flipped and loved them)!! She is FABULOUS!!! I am so so so so so excited for you
I should tell you that even if by chance you don't win, ask if you can have a discount and save up the $ (maybe $5 for every pound you lose or something) because you deserve these pictures NO MATTER WHAT
What a small world! I can't believe you had her do yours too. I have actually started saving up a little bit at a time to get them done in May when I reach goal. I love what she does, I found her on Groupon (but didn't buy it and am KICKING myself), and have seen several boudoir photographers on Groupon since then but none have struck me like she did. I just think it would be such a fun thing to surprise hubby with (and if you know me at all TOTALLY unexpected, because I don't put myself out there like this, ever). Thank you again!!
Closed Thread