Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #61  

Default ideal protein

I want to start this diet tomorrow and was just wondering what kind of results everyone has had. I'm looking to loose 50-60 pds and need to know if this diet is successful and how fast the weight comes off.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #62  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie333 View Post
I want to start this diet tomorrow and was just wondering what kind of results everyone has had. I'm looking to loose 50-60 pds and need to know if this diet is successful and how fast the weight comes off.
Welcome to IP! This is a great diet if you follow it. It will be hard at first but then your body adjusts. I am starting my 3rd week and have lost 13 lbs and 12 inches.
You will find this forum a great help and these ladies are the best, they will encourgae you, and hold you accountable if you need it! Best of luck!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
The quote for women is about 3 pounds a week so figure 5 months as an estimate, but probably sooner. Only time will tell what you're body will do but if you stick to the protocol, you WILL see results quick

Last edited by le506; 02-13-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I do not exercise and as I understand it, the first three weeks I should not start anything rigorous. It may be different if one is already exercising? I don't think the IP program is at all against exercise, but makes its recommendation based on physiology and the progression of the plan.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
It's a strict diet, but if you follow it to all its specifications it works extremely well. The first few days can be tough but the results are totally worth it!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #66  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Yep, summer squash (crookneck squash, yellow squash, whatever you go by) is in the same category as zucchini and totally okay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmothoe View Post
Yellow summer squash should be okay, it's winter squash that is higher in carbs (pumpkin, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, etc).
Thanx cause DH brought some home. Thinking about making it into 'spaghetti' like the zucchini.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Thanx cause DH brought some home. Thinking about making it into 'spaghetti' like the zucchini.
Let me know how it goes!! I have been meaning to make zucchini spaghetti but haven't gotten around to it yet. I bet it would be good with squash or a mix of both for different textures.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
Does any of the Canadian IP'ers know any place to get the veggie cheese?
Is it what we call soya cheese? That is in most produce sections where the veggie hot dogs etc are.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

sharing my Valentine's Day treat to myself (from one of the centers)
Cotton Candy IP meringue cookies (phase 1-4) serves a bunch!
1 packet IP raspberry jelly
1 cup granulated Stevia
8 egg whites at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2.Cut about 1/4 inch off a corner of a heavy gallon-size resealable plastic bag, and push a large-size cake decorating tip (such as a star tip) into the opening. The fit should be tight.
3.In a small bowl, stir the Raspberry jelly packet with the Stevia. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with cream of tartar and sea salt until stiff peaks form. As you beat the egg whites, gradually add the gelatin mixture, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Spoon the fluffy mixture into the prepared plastic bag, and gently squeeze and twist the bag to force the meringue mixture to the decorating tip. (Do not seal bag, so that air can escape.)
4.Squeeze the bag to place golf-ball size dollops of meringue mixture onto the prepared baking sheets. For a decorative effect, twist and lift as you place the cookie on the sheet, to make a pretty shape.
5.Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are set and dry, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Do not open oven door while baking. At end of baking time, turn off oven, open oven door, and allow the cookies to slowly cool in the oven before removing from baking sheets. Store in airtight container.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Okay, so I never do this, and if it's not okay PLEASE let me know and I'll delete it, but the contest I mentioned yesterday, the one I actually finally got the nerve up to enter after beating around the bush? Well I got nominated as a finalist. WooHoo!!!!!!!! :Broccoli:

The only catch is the winner is determined by votes, so I've made it part of the way but not all of the way. I would really really really appreciate any votes you could put my way. All you have to do is send an E-Mail with my name "Michelle" in the subject.

The link to the post (and my story) is here http://www.taitboudoir.com/blog/2012...way-finalists/ (I'm the second one down)

As I'm sure many of you can relate to I still see myself as I was 50 lbs ago (I lost 15 lbs pre IP and 35 on IP and the 35 has been way easier!). Plus this would make an awesome addition to a care package for my husband who is deploying next month.
Done! Good luck!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #71  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Does anyone know if we can have yellow squash? I think it is also called summer squash. It's just like zucchini in my mind so I was not sure if it is treated like the other squashes.
My coach says only green squash/zuchinni. I have seen others say yellow can be eaten but I don't.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
sharing my Valentine's Day treat to myself (from one of the centers)
Cotton Candy IP meringue cookies (phase 1-4) serves a bunch!
1 packet IP raspberry jelly
1 cup granulated Stevia
8 egg whites at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2.Cut about 1/4 inch off a corner of a heavy gallon-size resealable plastic bag, and push a large-size cake decorating tip (such as a star tip) into the opening. The fit should be tight.
3.In a small bowl, stir the Raspberry jelly packet with the Stevia. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with cream of tartar and sea salt until stiff peaks form. As you beat the egg whites, gradually add the gelatin mixture, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Spoon the fluffy mixture into the prepared plastic bag, and gently squeeze and twist the bag to force the meringue mixture to the decorating tip. (Do not seal bag, so that air can escape.)
4.Squeeze the bag to place golf-ball size dollops of meringue mixture onto the prepared baking sheets. For a decorative effect, twist and lift as you place the cookie on the sheet, to make a pretty shape.
5.Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are set and dry, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Do not open oven door while baking. At end of baking time, turn off oven, open oven door, and allow the cookies to slowly cool in the oven before removing from baking sheets. Store in airtight container.
YUM!!!! I have tons of Raspberry Jelly, I think I will have to go to the store for the other ingredients tomorrow. They sound amazing!!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Okay, so I never do this, and if it's not okay PLEASE let me know and I'll delete it, but the contest I mentioned yesterday, the one I actually finally got the nerve up to enter after beating around the bush? Well I got nominated as a finalist. WooHoo!!!!!!!! :Broccoli:

The only catch is the winner is determined by votes, so I've made it part of the way but not all of the way. I would really really really appreciate any votes you could put my way. All you have to do is send an E-Mail with my name "Michelle" in the subject.

The link to the post (and my story) is here http://www.taitboudoir.com/blog/2012...way-finalists/ (I'm the second one down)

As I'm sure many of you can relate to I still see myself as I was 50 lbs ago (I lost 15 lbs pre IP and 35 on IP and the 35 has been way easier!). Plus this would make an awesome addition to a care package for my husband who is deploying next month.

Done! You are so pretty!

Pat
Old 02-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #74  

I totally agree with you! Exercise is the only way we are going to continue to tone up and maintain the weight we want to stay at!
Even some light cardio can benefit you in the long run....get's the heart pumping and gives you way more energy. In three weeks I am down 21.2 lbs and 13.5 inches and I have been at the gym 5 days a week *only doing easy cardio*
best of luck everyone
xo
Old 02-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #75  

I am new to this diet, today was day 2. I am struggling finding things that I want to eat. Can anyone recommend some things for me? I am also having a hard time finding dressings for my salads. The stores here don't carry the Walden Farm Brand. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Closed Thread