Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Default soda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100poundfreeway View Post
Okay question for you all........ I have seen some people drinking diet coke or diet sprite is this IP OP???

What do your coaches say about soda!? I thought it was a
My coach said it was ok the first week but not after. However they are not soda fans at all. I have done fine without it.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Lost 3 lbs for the week. Yay! Was expecting a small loss, but it turned out much better than I hoped.

Have a new incentive/mini goal now. I want to be below 220 by March 15. I want to fit into at least some of my nice work clothes...size 14/16. Starting a new job and want to make a good impression. 16 lbs in 5 weeks seems achievable.
First of all- congrats on 3 lbs! Great week!
and as for the incentive/mini goal: YOU CAN DO IT!!
and congrats on the job by the way
Old 02-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I add 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 packet to the muffins.

I am down 1 pound this week. Sigh. Sloooow march to the finish line.

But my shape continues to change for the better!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #49  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mama View Post
My coach said we could take any multivitamin - just take 2 per day.

I am sorry! But you can't suggest to ''just take 2 of any multivitamin'' a day! Some multivitamins have 100% of the daily recommended vitamins in them and taking two would be a lot for your body to handle.

You have to ALWAYS read the labels to see and do the math as of what you should take!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #50  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Has anyone had any trouble with gas or burping after week 4? I know this diet helps with things like acid reflux and within days of starting this program I had no issues but lately I have been having some issues with burping and feeling like all my water is not going down. It's not a big deal but I find it odd that it just started all of a sudden after having no problems. I genuinely feel a lot better than I did in month 1.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 139/120.2/118

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Okay question for you all........ I have seen some people drinking diet coke or diet sprite is this IP OP???

My coach prefers we don't drink diet sodas, to fully give our pancreas a rest but she said if you really feel like you need it, limit it to one a day.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 178/145/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodEatsandWine View Post
My coach prefers we don't drink diet sodas, to fully give our pancreas a rest but she said if you really feel like you need it, limit it to one a day.
I used to be a HUGE diet pepsi drinker. I drank at least 8 12 oz cans a day. My coach said I needed to stop but he knew cold turkey would be hard, so I could take a couple of sips each day until I no longer felt the urge to grab one. That was actually easier on me because I knew I could "fall back" on a couple of sips if needed. However, with this diet I realy have not had an urge to drink diet pepsi. In the 4 weeks I have been on this I only drank a few sips 3 or 4 times, and nothing in the past two weeks. I dont even crave it like I did before! Thank goodness for MIO!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 232.5/208.8/175.0

Height: 5'9"

Weigh-in #5 and another 3.5 pounds gone. I have figured out if I don't have a small amount of protein at lunch (deducted from my dinner protein of course) my weight loss stalls - as long as I do the lunch thing it keeps on moving down - hopefully this trend continues :-)
~Tammy
Old 02-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

man today is s l o w
I fixed a yummy chili stuffed pepper for lunch but haven't thought about dinner yet... whats everyone having?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #55  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

My coach says "no" to diet sodas (partially because the artificial sweeteners mess with insulin levels). She did say that occasional seltzer or Perrier would be fine (but shouldn't be counted as 8 oz water). I have done well on a "date night" with my hubby as well as a "gals night in" by drinking Perrier with a slice of lime.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

After reading the attached file, I will never drink diet soda again! For some time I have debated which is worse for you the sugar or the chemicals, now I know it is the chemicals.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dangers_if_diet_soda.pdf (1.22 MB, 15 views)
Old 02-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #57  
started IP 1/23/12

S/C/G: 229.8/180/140

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
YUMMY!!! I finally had the chance today to try my green smoothie with great success. I added a small handful of ice, 1 Vanilla Shake IP packet, 2 c of baby spinach, and about 1 cup of water. It made 24 ounces of smoothie and retained it's bright green color.

I was pleased that it was sweet enough to not need any MiO (I thought it might because I generally added fruit to my green smoothies). You could also try some kind of facsimile with the Mango RTD. I might start doing this some mornings, and cut out my lunch veggies. It's very refreshing and in the hot summer days it would make a great breakfast!
Sounds great! I can't wait to try it this weekend.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #58  
started IP 1/23/12

S/C/G: 229.8/180/140

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
I am sorry! But you can't suggest to ''just take 2 of any multivitamin'' a day! Some multivitamins have 100% of the daily recommended vitamins in them and taking two would be a lot for your body to handle.

You have to ALWAYS read the labels to see and do the math as of what you should take!

My coach is also a very good MD and I definitely trust her. She explained that a) we are eliminating whole food groups on this diet so are super deficient in some areas and b) our bodies rarely absorb all of a nutrient in a vitamin.

Also if you look at the IP supplement sheet that you linked to earlier you will see that many of the nutrients have WAY over 100% (thiamine has 2,666% for example).

Last edited by 3mama; 02-10-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #59  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjo View Post
Id tried the vanilla pudding as bread last night it was great. I have never been one to cook different things however since I hav been on this program I have tried alot of different things. I hope everyone has a great OP day and keep your chin up becouse in the end it will be worth it.
hi there,
could you please post the recipe. thanks!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 187 / 178 / 120

Height: 5' 1/2"

Ladies... you should all be jealous. I think I have captured the best man ever.
My fiance told me today that if I wanted to lose weight that was fine with him, but not to try too hard, because (jokingly) he didn't know if he would still like me skinny.
This made me feel like I was doing IP for ME ... not for him, or wedding pictures.
He knows just what to say to inspire me for ME!!

Anyone else have inspirational boyfriend or DH stories?
I'd love to hear 'em!
Closed Thread