Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Default vanilla pudding bread

Id tried the vanilla pudding as bread last night it was great. I have never been one to cook different things however since I hav been on this program I have tried alot of different things. I hope everyone has a great OP day and keep your chin up becouse in the end it will be worth it.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #17  
INACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalista View Post
Couple questions. 1. What is the purpose of the different supplements? My coach didn't explain that. 2. Tips for getting all the water in.
The supplements are because we are not on a balanced diet, and I am sure there are people here who can break each one down for you.

My tip for getting water in is getting seven 16 oz bottles of cheap water. Then, I use 1 bottle a day and refill it 5 times. I use a sharpie to put a hash mark on the cap each time I fill it, and know that I am done when I reach 6 hashes. I find that 16 oz is easy to chug without feeling waterlogged. 6 bottles of 16 oz is about 3 litres (I think you need 6.3 to be exact). Good luck!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #18  
Started IP 10/6/11

S/C/G: 256/160/160

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,
WI #18 last night. I'm down 60.5 total.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
I posted this in a few other places also because not everyone goes to the same threads every day. I would appreciate it if anyone that takes alternative vitamins would post the what kind, the brand and where they get it. I think Wuv said a few days ago that Walmart Natures Valley has a decent Cal Mag. I have been searching and everything I have found has either way more or not enough of compared to mine. I have found others that are comparable but they are actually much more expensive I use alternative for the packets but still use IP supplements.
THANKS EVERYONE
I have been taking a prenatal multi-vitamin because I had lots of them around so I figured I would use them up. I'm still using the IP Pot/Cal because it was 3 months worth and I haven't run out yet, and the Cal/Mag I got from GNC, just their brand. It was about $8 I think. The only difference is I have to take 3 instead of the 2 IP brand. I usually do 1 with dinner and 2 with my evening snack because I take my Pot/Cal with lunch. HTH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
You will be perfectly fine at Red Lobster. I went last weekend (twice!) when we were out of town, and one night I had crab legs, salad, and two servings of broccoli, the next night I had grilled shrimp, salad, and two servings of broccoli. I didn't ask or give any stipulations on how to prepare the food, as crab is generally steamed. With the shrimp, I know almost all resturaunts coat their grills with butter, but it's probably not enough to hurt you. I tell you...it's the only restraunt I've eaten at where I didn't feel like I was dieting or get funny looks from the waiter when I ordered! (we go out of town a lot, so we eat out a lot). When I weight Monday morning after we got back, I was down 2.5 pounds, obviously Red Lobster was a good choice!
YUM!! I didn't even think about crab legs. Plus they're always just steamed so I won't have to worry about butter/oil. Thanks for the suggestion, now I'm even more excited.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenrod View Post
Hi everyone,

Whoo hoo! Congratulations! That's amazing!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Couple questions. 1. What is the purpose of the different supplements? My coach didn't explain that. 2. Tips for getting all the water in.
I have a 32oz nalgene bottle- I know that I have to finish one full before 2pm (even if its chugging it at 1:30) then have until bed to finish it's refill- When I have about 1.3 of the bottle left each time I squirt a little MiO in it for a "reward"
Old 02-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
I have searched and searched for a muffin recipe using the blueberry pudding packet, and I can not find it!! Could someone please share it here?
someone else's recipe:

MUFFINS from Pudding
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a blender, combine (2) egg whites, (1) t. vanilla and 2 oz. of water. Blend well
-Pour liquid contents into a bowl, and gently fold in pudding packet. I usually add a little powder, mix it up, add a little more, etc... The final result is a "batter" similar to brownies. And yes, I lick the bowl and spoon
-To bake, I use (2) small corning ware dishes, you could also make them in a muffin tin, and divide them into (3) equal muffins. I spray the bottom of the dish with Pam so the cakes won't stick.

The cakes will get VERY large while baking, and will deflate when cooling. If you put too much batter into a small baking dish, your cakes will literally explode in the oven. It is VERY important to only fill the baking dish or muffin tin 1/2 way. Which is why you will get 2 small cakes or 3 muffins.

-Bake at 350 for 15-16 minutes. Let cool and enjoy a mini cake.
If you are making the cakes in a muffin tin, fill the empty muffin "holes" with water so that the cakes bake evenly.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #23  

Day 8 and I had my first IP related dream last night.
something was happening and I looked down to see that I was almost finished eating a huge piece of Buttermilk pie. I spit what was in my mouth out and felt so guilty and just kept thinking "I didn't even know I was eating it". I woke up for a second and heart was racing. I was so mad at myself I managed to go back to sleep but then dreamt that my in-laws came over while I was sleeping and started cleaning up my house and going through our mail....
don't know which of the two were worse!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Today is actually Day1, but I have been upping my water in preparation. Not really a water lover, but this was easier than I expected. My problem is that I am in the bathroom more than I can count. I have been upping the water for about a week now. How long before I can feel safe enough not to have to know where a bathroom is.....
Old 02-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Good Morning-
Officially lost 20 pounds, yeah me!! Tiny weight loss this week, down .5 pounds, and my fifth weighin. One-hundred percent on plan though, so will keep moving forward!
Another gorgeous sunny day in San Diego, enjoy!

Last edited by MaMaZu; 02-10-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Atkins RTD mocha latte drinks are delish. Anyone know if EAS makes a flavor similar to that? And where I could find it? Target only seems to have choco and vanilla, and the vanilla was so strong it was like drinking pure coffee creamer. Blah.

I feel better today. I know now that I've been dying of tiredness from the extra carbs from the bars I've been eating. I luckily had some extra restricted bars left over from IP and have been eating those at night. Its amazing how just 5 extra carbs has made me feel so poopy. Is this how I felt everyday previous to IP when I was having 300-400g of carbs daily???

Wow... the average American has 300-400g of carbs a day. It blows my mind.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #27  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
The supplements are because we are not on a balanced diet, and I am sure there are people here who can break each one down for you.

My tip for getting water in is getting seven 16 oz bottles of cheap water. Then, I use 1 bottle a day and refill it 5 times. I use a sharpie to put a hash mark on the cap each time I fill it, and know that I am done when I reach 6 hashes. I find that 16 oz is easy to chug without feeling waterlogged. 6 bottles of 16 oz is about 3 litres (I think you need 6.3 to be exact). Good luck!
I do the same to get my water in I do 6.5 16oz glasses a day! I have the same glass with lids at work home and in the car ever time I polish one off I put a little has on my wrist to keep track and at the end of the day I know I either have to have more or the rest it just bonus
Old 02-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #28  
dedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenrod View Post
Hi everyone,
Way to go!! Happy Dance!
Old 02-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Mio really helps me get in my water. I like the orange tangerine in the morning, makes me think I'm having OJ, for lunch I like the sweet tea. I also enjoy some hot tea that has cinnamon and is sweet enough to be almost dessert like.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #30  
dedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
Day 8 and I had my first IP related dream last night.
something was happening and I looked down to see that I was almost finished eating a huge piece of Buttermilk pie. I spit what was in my mouth out and felt so guilty and just kept thinking "I didn't even know I was eating it". I woke up for a second and heart was racing. I was so mad at myself I managed to go back to sleep but then dreamt that my in-laws came over while I was sleeping and started cleaning up my house and going through our mail....
don't know which of the two were worse!
LOL, arn't they crazy! My first IP dream I was so mad at a skinny little waitress for only giving me a 3oz burger!!! I can have 5 more oz. is all I kept telling her and I woke up so mad still it was embarrasing!
Closed Thread