Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'8

YES! Different strokes for different folks is right. Everyone has to do what is right for them and what they will be successful with.
KarinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
How did you make the transition? Is Atkins working the same as IP or better than IP, or worse than IP for you (weight loss and inches wise)?
even though I was already in ketosis I still did the 14 days of induction, but I was already cutting out carbs on IP so just continued on that note, just not having shakes/bars etc.

This is only my 3rd week but during induction I lost 5.4 lbs, then my period came so haven't stepped on the scale since last week Thursday. Will weigh tomorrow. IP didn't work for me for two reasons: I was hungry quite a bit (even while in Ketosis) and the meals were not satisfying, after a while I got bored with the foods and I was constipated alot.

With Atkins I can have more variety. Time will tell if I lose more weight but I'm feeling and looking the skinniest I've EVER felt so plan to continue for a while. I started adding 5 grams of carbs this week, total of 25 grams now, so I'm having some almonds and a slice of low carb bread that I ordered online.
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarinF View Post
I am glad to hear that the transition was easier since you started on IP. I am trying that this time and hope I can get back on track with Atkins.

On your side note: I too have constipation issues on IP. When I was on Atkins before, it was never an issue. I think it was because all the healthy fats and healthy carbs that kept the motor running :-)
not sure what it is because funnily enough I"m eating less veggies on ATkins than IP and not constipated. But I also have mayo, butter, olives, eggs, all full fat versions, I have two cups of salad for lunch and one cup of veggies for supper yet I have gone, quite smoothly I might add , every single day while on it.
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #34  
Started IP 02/01/2012

S/C/G: 179.6/156.4/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Hmmmm I should let this comment go but I can't.
READ THE BOOK BEFORE YOU MAKE A COMMENT ON SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT! The fats that you eat on the Atkins are good fats. Not all fats are good fats and Dr. Atkins says to stay away from bad fats! Atkins get a bad rap because of comments like this when people are too lazy to read and see for themselves and listen to others that don't read the book and make ***-umption of what his way of eating is all about. He does not preach eating an all fat diet of bacon and cheese!!!!! PLEASE read the book and you will see that Atkins is a very healthy way of eating.

If you want to live on a packet of powdered pudding that is your choice. I chose this too for a short duration until I get my eating under control. I can tell that this isn't a diet that I want to be on for very long. My hair is losing its shine, my skin is dry, my energy is dropping, I am constipated most of the time, I am losing weight but not inches so that means I am losing muscle, not fat...

OK I feel better now that I got my rant out of the way :-) I am over it now.
P.S:IP is a diet not a way of life, no person would want to live on powder packets for life. ALSO if you feel that way about IP why are you on this forum thread?? Bacon is not good fat Perhaps Atkins thread would be a better place for you to bash IP
idealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #35  

IP is the best thing on the market right now!!! Take it from me that has done years of dieting....and now in 17 days have lost 19.3 lbs and have never felt better!
And as for "packaged" foods you have to try different ones to find what works best for you. I personally LOVE most of there food (of course a few that are not tolerable) and have watched over 10 people close to me lose great amounts of weight over the past 18 months and not one single one has put a pound back on!!!!!
2leftfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #36  
Started IP 02/01/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2leftfeet View Post
IP is the best thing on the market right now!!! Take it from me that has done years of dieting....and now in 17 days have lost 19.3 lbs and have never felt better!
And as for "packaged" foods you have to try different ones to find what works best for you. I personally LOVE most of there food (of course a few that are not tolerable) and have watched over 10 people close to me lose great amounts of weight over the past 18 months and not one single one has put a pound back on!!!!!
That is fantasic to hear! I am in the fitenss and nutrition industry and have watched all these "fad" diets come and go. Every person I know has gained the weight back after Atkins so hearing that didnt happen with IP is inspiring! I myself lost 9 lbs at my frist weigh in and have no complaints thus far
Thanks for the post, positive feedback is always great to hear
Old 02-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #37  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

I think everyone is going to see the pros & cons differently regardless of WHAT plan you are on. If it works for "you" then great If it doesn't, then keep trying until you find something that works for "you" .

It's all just according to what you feel like you're willing to *be strong* through & what you're not.

Also, IP does help in the long term. A lot more people keep IP weight off that I've saw anyway. There's definitely a lot more information in the book about it

No need for everyone to start bashing everyone, it's just the internet lol.
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #38  
Started IP 02/01/2012

Well said.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #39  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealme View Post
Well said.
Thanks Are you friend on the 3FC on Facebook?
Old 02-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealme View Post
P.S:IP is a diet not a way of life, no person would want to live on powder packets for life. ALSO if you feel that way about IP why are you on this forum thread?? Bacon is not good fat Perhaps Atkins thread would be a better place for you to bash IP
I am not bashing the IP diet. I am on it just like you are. I am stating what it is doing to me and I don't want to be on it much longer. I am hoping the packaged foods will help me get my eating under control so I can make the switch to Atkins easier. I am losing weight and that is what I want to do.

I am on this forum so I can learn and find out the facts of this diet as I did the Atkins diet. I do not make assumptions, I learn and live it and make my decisions from the facts, as I would expect everyone to do the same.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Also, IP does help in the long term. A lot more people keep IP weight off that I've saw anyway. There's definitely a lot more information in the book about it

Can you please tell me what book you are talking about? I would love to read it. I have looked for info on IP and can not find any books or website that has a lot of information about it. I did find the IP website but doesn't really give all the info that I am looking for.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #42  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Can you please tell me what book you are talking about? I would love to read it. I have looked for info on IP and can not find any books or website that has a lot of information about it. I did find the IP website but doesn't really give all the info that I am looking for.
Here's a PDF file for you I found it quite interesting, you probably would too

PDF.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:38 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Here's a PDF file for you I found it quite interesting, you probably would too

PDF.
Thank you!! I will get to reading!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Okay, so I keep coming back to this thread and I think there is a huge misconception about IP. You are NOT on packaged foods your entire life to keep the weight off. That's what the phases are all about. While phase 1 is by far the strictest of any diet I've ever been on (and yes I've done them all, including Adkins) it's strict for a reason. The packages are necessary because in them you're getting highly digestible protein isolates that your body is able to use most of (80%-90% is the number that comes to mind, but don't quote me, I might be off), whereas if you're eating a steak your body can only use about 20% of the protein IIRC. That's why we're able to eat so few calories on IP and remain satisfied as well as protect our lean muscle mass, because our body can access so much more of the protein we're consuming. By the time you're on phase 4 you're on all whole natural foods, including fruits, grains, dairy, fats, everything you miss so much about food now.

I know there is a perception that eating out of a package is not healthy and whole foods are better which I agree with to a point. However; I look at myself just a few months ago when I was on an all whole foods, organic, clean eating diet and not losing an ounce. I was NOT healthier being as obese as I was regardless of the diet I was eating.

Regarding the constipation issue that so many of you have mentioned, the other thing we have to remember on this diet is that we are now able to digest and use most of the food that we consume. Accordingly there is no longer nearly as much waste as there was before, just because you've gone from daily to every 2-4 days doesn't mean anything is necessarily wrong. It might be and considering the low amount of fiber wouldn't be unusual, but it's also normal to change. I generally 'go' every 3 days or so, but everything seems normal, so that's just what my body has adjusted to.

I hope this helps other people reading this who might be swayed away from IP because of some of these posts. IMO it's an amazing diet, I have never gotten the results I am getting now from any other diet, and I feel wonderful and have more energy than I ever have.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #45  
IP Start Jan 28,2013

S/C/G: 149/145.2/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
I do not think IP is healthier than Atkins. Food that comes from a packet is not healthier than all natural food...meat, vegetables, whole grains...

I do think IP is easier to do, only for the fact that it is all planned out for you. I am sure that it is kinda healthy but I have noticed that my hair isn't as shiny and my skin feels drier and I am not as energetic as I was on Atkins. I will stick with IP for about 3 or 4 more weeks and then I should be ready to get back on Atkins, for good this time :-)
How long have you been on IP? My first time on it I noticed a HUGE increase in energy and no more afternoon slumps...in fact I found it hard to sleep some nites
nineonline is offline   Reply With Quote