Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 2/1/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 02-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! Super busy day over here today, but I am getting my veggies and lunch bar (and water bottle) all packed so I have no excuses. Feeling really well recently, heading to the doctor today for some labwork for my thyroid. I wonder if losing weight will have anything to do with a med dosage change. Any experience?

I wish it was the same doctor I saw last summer. I was read the riot act about losing weight then, I bet this new guy won't even look back far enough in my chart to see I've lost 30lbs. Oh well.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slp View Post
I haven't enrolled anywhere yet. Going to dr tomorrow to get her approval to start IP. I was looking into Ideal to Go but didn't know it is only for people who don't have a clinic nearby. It sounds like a good option for you right now with your move. ITG was attractive to me because we are getting ready to start a major remodel in our house & I know it will be hectic.
FYI, I believe the only 'requirement' for Ideal to Go (at least my impression) is that you not be currently enrolled in another clinic. If you're not going to be able to do IP if you have to go to a clinic and without Ideal to Go couldn't do IP I would at least contact them to see if you qualify, but I think the one on one help and accountability you get with a coach is priceless (if you have a good coach). ITG is much more do it yourself, they send you all the information, and will answer any questions you have but it's up to you.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #4  
Ericaceae

S/C/G: Started IP 12.12.11

Height: 5'8

Good Morning IPeeps! I had my WI last night (week 7) and lost 5 lbs. Hooray. I've been battling the scale and water retention the last several weeks....up 5 lbs, then up a 1 lb, down 1.5 and now down 5...hopefully the downward trend keeps up because I am 100% on plan. It has been frustrating seeing the scale move all over the place and seeing my husband have consistent losses every week (he's lost 30 lbs now!) and wonder "why isn't that me???" I just stick with it knowing that it will eventually work itself out and head on the downward trend because, seriously, how could it not since I'm on plan and doing everything I'm supposed to be doing. There is NO WAY I'm consuming the calories to gain weight, so the doctor feels like it is just crazy water retention. I also think my body was trying to even itself out because in my third week I lost 18 lbs...in a week. I wish I was losing faster, but I'm averaging 2.7 lbs per week and that is better than any other program I have been on.

I know I don't post a lot on here, but I do read the boards every day and y'all keep me motivated and know that it is possible to achieve my goal. Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm and positive thoughts, it really is contagious. Hope y'all have a great day!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmt1372 View Post
Good Morning IPeeps! I had my WI last night (week 7) and lost 5 lbs. Hooray. I've been battling the scale and water retention the last several weeks....up 5 lbs, then up a 1 lb, down 1.5 and now down 5...hopefully the downward trend keeps up because I am 100% on plan. It has been frustrating seeing the scale move all over the place and seeing my husband have consistent losses every week (he's lost 30 lbs now!) and wonder "why isn't that me???" I just stick with it knowing that it will eventually work itself out and head on the downward trend because, seriously, how could it not since I'm on plan and doing everything I'm supposed to be doing. There is NO WAY I'm consuming the calories to gain weight, so the doctor feels like it is just crazy water retention. I also think my body was trying to even itself out because in my third week I lost 18 lbs...in a week. I wish I was losing faster, but I'm averaging 2.7 lbs per week and that is better than any other program I have been on.

I know I don't post a lot on here, but I do read the boards every day and y'all keep me motivated and know that it is possible to achieve my goal. Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm and positive thoughts, it really is contagious. Hope y'all have a great day!
You have a great attitude!!! I love it!!! And your 110% right...keep at it and the losses will come!!! I know a few husband/wife combos who've done this diet and the hubby's ALWAYS lose more...just think of the hottie hubby you'll soon have...
Old 02-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all!

My third week on IP is up on Thursday. So far for the week I have lost 0.5. At least the scale is moving a little. My first two weeks I lost 16 lbs. In reading past posts, it is my understanding that the loss slows down the third week. I am trying to not let it bug me. LOL. I am sure I am losing inches, I hope . I am looking forward to my weigh in and measurements tomorrow night to see for sure.

I also appreciate these boards and reading about everyone's successes and experiences on IP. You are all wonderful people to be sharing such personal stories for the benefit of others. I am looking forward to this journey with you all.

Have a great OP day!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #7  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmt1372 View Post

Great Job!!!! You're doing fantastic! A 2.7 pounds a week average is great! Men tend to low weight faster than women. So, don't compare yourself to your hubby or to anyone else. Just keep on program, and the weight will melt away!

Last edited by SewingMomma; 02-01-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #8  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! Glad everyone is doing well Happy Wednesday!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #9  
Started IP 01/14/2012

S/C/G: 280/261/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!!
I wish it was the same doctor I saw last summer. I was read the riot act about losing weight then, I bet this new guy won't even look back far enough in my chart to see I've lost 30lbs. Oh well.
If the Dr doesn't notice, he isn't doing his job, and you should point at the chart and say "I've lost 30lbs in the last X months." If that doesn't get you at least an "atta girl" he shouldn't be practicing medicine

Good luck with the thyroid. Know that isn't easy to manage sometimes.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/160/130

Good Morning!
Started the second week OP yesterday. Lost 6lb in the first week. WOOHOO!! However I woke up this morning with really bad back pain on my lower left side. I think it may be my kidneys or something. Has anyone had this or does it sound familiar?
Thanks!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #11  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello,

I feel better by now but not 100% recovered yet, I can't imagine how tomorrow I have to go to work I wish I could stay in bed all week, but the doctor notice says 3 days so I should go.

Tomorrow will be my official weigh in and one week of being 100% OP.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #12  

Height: 5'9

Good morning! I weigh in tonight. I'm not expecting a loss, possibly a gain, based on the last week (eep!), but I am solidly on program and that's not changing! Have a great OP day today
Old 02-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/145/130

Good morning all! It's so great to sit with my breakfast and coffee and read about all these happy WIs and committed 100% OPs. It does me so much good!

Sandralosingweight, good luck at work tomorrow! I hope it turns out easier than you expect
Old 02-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

down 5 pounds on my WI#1 after my gain from my hiatus from IP.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Default lost inches

I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else. I lost 1.6 lbs however I lost 10.5 inches. I have noticed that my stomach has went down alot.

I can not say how much this diet has helped me I can not wait till the next WI.

Everyone have a great day.
Closed Thread