Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #91  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime View Post
I just got back from my weigh in. I was up .1 lbs. It was hard to see I just started bawling in my coaches office. I have been 100% OP I mean down to every morsel of food and water that goes into my mouth. But, apparently TOM decided to try and get my discouraged. I refuse to let it and will continue on my path of IP and staying OP. My grandmother and mom were really supportive and gave me great encouragement. My step-dad however said "well maybe this isn't the diet either" UGH, anyone who has read any of my posts know how he is with eating in front of me and almost teasing me with it. But anyway, I am glad to have this website to vent and just say how I am feeling because without it and my mom and grandmother I just dont know. I know that I need to be strong on my own, but sometimes, everyone needs someone. I would like the "woosh fairy" to visit me for the next weigh in I am going to go for a leisurely walk with my dog and just calm down. Thanks everyone and I hope everyone continues to have a great OP day and don't get discouraged. I feel like so many have overcome so much, I can overcome this. ))
Don't be discouraged. Look at the amazing progress you are having. Next week will be better. This is the diet for you, the proof is in the results you have had already.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 282/274/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime View Post
I am trying to get my mom to do it with me! She is currently a little smaller than me though, having over the last few years lost 100-125lbs. I think it would be fun, and such a good support system with each other supporting one another! It is always easier when someone understands exactly what you are going through!! Congrats on your weigh in! That is almost a pound a day!! Where in Louisiana are you from, if you don't mind me asking?!
Thanks! I'm from BR. What about you?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #93  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

So here's a fun NSV to share with all fellow Mommys out there. My 2yo daughter has been on a total veggie strike for months! She eats plenty of helthy food, but veggies are a big NO!

Over the past 5 weeks she's been watching me eat tons of veggies, and I always offer a bite to her. She has been refusing until tonight. I was having broccoli and chicken, and she was having chicken and brown rice. I asked her "do you want to try a tiny little baby tree?" She licked a piece of broccoli and handed it right back to me. I ate another piece of broccoli and said "Mommy LOVES little baby trees, yum! Are you sure you don't want to try one?" She ate a tiny little piece and said "MORE" - she ended up eating almost half of my broccoli! So much for the little baby trees. Luckily I made enough for 2 days, so I got some more for myself... Now there's only about 1 cup left... will have to figure out what to have tomorrow...

Excellent victory for my daughter and me! Since I went on this diet partially to be a good role model for her, this fantastic dinner experience makes me want to keep going even more. Wonder what's next - spinach? Cauliflower?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #94  
I Believe in ME!

S/C/G: 199/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammywhiz View Post
Don't be discouraged. Look at the amazing progress you are having. Next week will be better. This is the diet for you, the proof is in the results you have had already.
Thank you Sometimes it is hard to see the good side to something yourself, that is why it is so wonderful having this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin2314 View Post
Thanks! I'm from BR. What about you?
I always say I am from Baton Rouge, but really I live in Walker, haha!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 237/204/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmt1372 View Post
Good Morning IPeeps! I had my WI last night (week 7) and lost 5 lbs. Hooray. I've been battling the scale and water retention the last several weeks....up 5 lbs, then up a 1 lb, down 1.5 and now down 5...hopefully the downward trend keeps up because I am 100% on plan. It has been frustrating seeing the scale move all over the place and seeing my husband have consistent losses every week (he's lost 30 lbs now!) and wonder "why isn't that me???" I just stick with it knowing that it will eventually work itself out and head on the downward trend because, seriously, how could it not since I'm on plan and doing everything I'm supposed to be doing. There is NO WAY I'm consuming the calories to gain weight, so the doctor feels like it is just crazy water retention. I also think my body was trying to even itself out because in my third week I lost 18 lbs...in a week. I wish I was losing faster, but I'm averaging 2.7 lbs per week and that is better than any other program I have been on.

I know I don't post a lot on here, but I do read the boards every day and y'all keep me motivated and know that it is possible to achieve my goal. Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm and positive thoughts, it really is contagious. Hope y'all have a great day!
YAY for you! good job, I found that I had slow losses before and had to look at what veggies I was eating during the day, when I looked at the carb count on many of the veggies, I found that I did best when I kept my carbs under 25 per day. There is a carb chart for veggies on this site somewhere, I just haven't been able to find it again.

Perhaps one of the senior members can direct you to it, seems like it was maybe in one of jordanas posts?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
So here's a fun NSV to share with all fellow Mommys out there. My 2yo daughter has been on a total veggie strike for months! She eats plenty of helthy food, but veggies are a big NO!

Over the past 5 weeks she's been watching me eat tons of veggies, and I always offer a bite to her. She has been refusing until tonight. I was having broccoli and chicken, and she was having chicken and brown rice. I asked her "do you want to try a tiny little baby tree?" She licked a piece of broccoli and handed it right back to me. I ate another piece of broccoli and said "Mommy LOVES little baby trees, yum! Are you sure you don't want to try one?" She ate a tiny little piece and said "MORE" - she ended up eating almost half of my broccoli! So much for the little baby trees. Luckily I made enough for 2 days, so I got some more for myself... Now there's only about 1 cup left... will have to figure out what to have tomorrow...

Excellent victory for my daughter and me! Since I went on this diet partially to be a good role model for her, this fantastic dinner experience makes me want to keep going even more. Wonder what's next - spinach? Cauliflower?
I LOVE this NSV! I too went on this diet partially to be a good role model for my son, he will be 6 months Friday I had my 4th weigh-in today, down 5.6 for a total of 22.8!!! I'm so excited to know that my son isn't going to remember "fat mommy" and he'll never see me this way again!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

hey everyone!! i feel like i'm going through 3FC withdrawl! i haven't been on alllll day or really since yesterday during the day. i usually always read up on the posts right before bed and stay caught up...well the reason why i'm behind is because i had a big day today!! i had an interview--one that i've been waiting for .....for YEARS! i interviewed with Johns Hopkins. i think it's a pretty big deal. are you all familiar? anyways--i really hope i made a great impression. i would lovvvve to get the rest of my education there.
it was a long day so i had to space out meals unusually far. i was pretty hungry. as soon as i got home ...i had 2 cups of veggies, which i lacked from lunch...then had a good dinner about 2 hours later. all is well now. i'm weighing in tomorrow afternoon and picking up more food that i pre-ordered. man, i'm DYING to try these blueberry muffins! i bought that "smart balance butter spray"...its 0/0/0. does anyone else use it? it really does taste like real butter!! i almost feel guilty!! well time to get caught up on posts congrats to all who had great weigh ins and NSVs and good luck to those of you who weigh in tomorrow!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 183/157/145

Height: 5' 7"

went to Value Village today after work to buy some new pants. Got 3 really cute pairs 2 sizes smaller than I used to wear, yay ($10 bucks each). One pair is a bit snug but I know I will fit into them soon. Don't want to spend lots on clothes that won't last and was tired of have the crotch of my pants hanging low
Old 02-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #99  

steak and roasted cauliflower for dinner, yum. I am roasting everything for a delicious new flavour.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #100  

NSV - I cam out of my bedroom the other day and my teenage daughter said to me "wow mom you look skinny" , made my day.

For those who want to exercise - walk, walk, walk - it is the best thing to do
Old 02-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

3rd week weigh in tonight- down 1.2 lbs for the week. I will take it! I was hoping for more since the first two weeks have been a total of 16 lbs. but I am sticking to it! It is a loss and I will take it! Hope everyone has a good evening!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #102  
Eck
Green

S/C/G: 250/228/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by QHLover View Post
steak and roasted cauliflower for dinner, yum. I am roasting everything for a delicious new flavour.
Thumbs up on roasted cauliflower!
Another good one is cauliflower "steaks" I saw in Every Day Food. Cut cauliflower from the top to the stem 3/4" thick, tree shape. Spray with olive oil Pam, sprinkle with garlic and sautee in a covered nonstick pan about 5 min. Flip and cook until tender.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #103  
Eck
Green

S/C/G: 250/228/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by QHLover View Post
NSV - I cam out of my bedroom the other day and my teenage daughter said to me "wow mom you look skinny" , made my day.
That is awesome!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #104  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
I LOVE this NSV! I too went on this diet partially to be a good role model for my son, he will be 6 months Friday I had my 4th weigh-in today, down 5.6 for a total of 22.8!!! I'm so excited to know that my son isn't going to remember "fat mommy" and he'll never see me this way again!
Awesome WI!

I'm hoping too, that my daughter won't remember "fat mommy". I want to go to the beach and water parks with her and have a good time without worrying about who's staring at me in my swim suit.

Congrats on your little boy and happy 1/2 birthday!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #105  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Congrats too all of the WI's today ....outstanding jobs.....and WOOHOO to the NSV's.....the more the merrier right? everyday is a new and fun experience. Bubbly thanks for sharing your inventions with us, always nice to have variety that is for sure! It's been a long day here, I haven't been around much. I stayed in meetings most of the day which is very unusual for me! Glad to see everyone made it through the day!
Closed Thread