Ericaceae

S/C/G: Started IP 12.12.11

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Way to hang in there! You will meet your goals with that wonderful attitude
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
You have a great attitude!!! I love it!!! And your 110% right...keep at it and the losses will come!!! I know a few husband/wife combos who've done this diet and the hubby's ALWAYS lose more...just think of the hottie hubby you'll soon have...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Great Job!!!! You're doing fantastic! A 2.7 pounds a week average is great! Men tend to low weight faster than women. So, don't compare yourself to your hubby or to anyone else. Just keep on program, and the weight will melt away!
Thanks so much, I appreciate your responses. I don't know if my attitude is always wonderful, but I'm very optimistic that this way of eating can and will work for me. It is frustrating to see the ups and downs, but I have seen the amazing transformations this diet has had on my brother-in-law and sister-in-law - I'm not sure how much she lost, but he lost 50-60 lbs in 3-4 months and looks amazing. I can't believe how skinny my husband looks. He had lost 70 lbs in the past year just watching his carbs and sugars because he was diagnosed with diabetes and now he has lost 30 lbs in 7 weeks on IP. He went to the doctor last week and his diabetes is gone and no longer has to take meds. I'm SOOOO proud of him and he looks amazing. Yes, it is hard to see him lose so much faster than me, but I am happy for him and know that if I keep plugging along, I'll eventually catch up...damn hormones! It has been an interesting journey thus far to see how crazy my body fluctuates; no wonder I would get discouraged on other diets and give up. I just KNOW this is the answer to my weight problem, the science is proven and you guys are living proof. I love that I am not hungry and that I don't have cravings. It amazes me on a daily basis how easy this is if you just do it. Thanks for all the support you guys give, it really helps and means a lot.=)
Old 02-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #77  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Thank you NavyMommy, that was helpful! I will continue to go through old threads! Thanks for info!

IcanLoseitThisTime: You are doing such a great job! I hope you don't let him bring you down!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Sure is - thanks!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #79  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Most coaches do not recommend starting a new exercise retiming during phase 1. Do you exercise now?

I continued my 5--6 day a week workouts throughout ip. It didn't seem to hinder my losses until recently, although I am down to the last few pounds and have been doing my normal intense work outs and the scale is moving Down.

I try to add an extra packet those day, or at least ensure I am having a restricted bar. My weight loss has mainly been body fat and I have not been sacrificing muscle, if I believe the body fat scale.

I do not feel weaker, tirder or less able to do even the most intense work outs, but I was doing this for a long time before I found ip.

My advice is continue with what you are used to. If you currently exercise, and feel like continuing, do. If not, now might be the time to focus on weight loss and worry about exercise later.

Exercising can make you hungrier, and it takes many hours at the gym to lose even 1 pound.

Good luck.
I was doing kickboxing before I started IP. I stopped the first 3 weeks of being OP, but as of last night I went back. It felt really really good, but was a little more challenging for me I think. I won't be weighing in until Saturday now, so I will have two sessions under my belt. I'm a little nervous because there seems to be such a split opinion on working out. I did add an extra packet yesterday and will tomorrow when I go as well. I'm happy to hear you continued working out, it gives me hope but I'm still nervous as all heck about stopping my weight loss. It's really good for me psychologically and socially though, and so I think it would be more of a detriment to stop going. Any other words of advice for me?
Old 02-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #80  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

Yesterday was a terrible day for mr. I think I "boonked"I had an omelet with veggies for breakfast then went to work. For lunch I had a stuffed pepper with tomatoe sauce. Around 3pm I started feeling exhausted and when I got home at 4;30 ,all I could do was crawl into bed. I slept 1/2 then got up and tried to figure out what happened. I realized I forgot to have protein for lunch. I think thats what caused my lose of energy. Wow!!!!!!!!! So today you may be sure I am watching everything........Fell great today and on shift tomorrow. Packing my lunch and everything I need tonight. See you all tomorrow evening
Old 02-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkssweetie View Post
I agree with the person who earlier suggested the Dukan Diet. it is alot like IP just with real food not packets and shakes. Just go to mydukandiet.com and check it out. Also you can look for the book on ebay or Amazon. I think it could really look for you. good luck!
I lost weight on the Dukan Diet last year. I instantly gained it back. It doesn't train you to handle carbs. Ip has a steady low supple of carbs so your body is not shocked when you add a bit of them back. I also had the most awful constipation with it. Way worse than with IP.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #82  
INACTIVE

Default This is not a cookie!

Happy Wednesday!

I made some chicken bread that I think has possibilities! I used 2 egg whites, 1 package of IP chicken soup mix, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 cups cooked mushrooms and 2 four inch springform pans. I baked them @ 375 for 20 minutes and they came out great! I think they would make great drop biscuits using parchment paper also. When I put them together, it was like a huge bun. I put lettuce in the middle and spread some WF chipotle ranch on one side, and dijon on the other. Yum! I think this would be fantastic with lettuce that's been tossed with WF bleu cheese and wing sauce~that's the next thing I'm trying. This would be a great on the go meal, too! Maybe even omit one egg white for the batter and cook it and put in the middle for breakfast!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chixbread1.jpg (81.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg chixsaladsandwich1.jpg (73.4 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by SomedayBubblySomeday; 02-01-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: forgot an ingredient
Old 02-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #83  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Weigh in number 4: down 4.5 pounds and 3.25 inches. 1/3 of the way to my goal!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #84  
INACTIVE

Great job!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #85  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
Happy Wednesday!

I made some chicken bread that I think has possibilities! I used 2 egg whites, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 cups cooked mushrooms and 2 four inch springform pans. I baked them @ 375 for 20 minutes and they came out great! I think they would make great drop biscuits using parchment paper also. When I put them together, it was like a huge bun. I put lettuce in the middle and spread some WF chipotle ranch on one side, and dijon on the other. Yum! I think this would be fantastic with lettuce that's been tossed with WF bleu cheese and wing sauce~that's the next thing I'm trying. This would be a great on the go meal, too! Maybe even omit one egg white for the batter and cook it and put in the middle for breakfast!
You are brilliant. How do you keep coming up with these ideas?

I do have a question though. Is there chicken in this "bread" or do you make a chicken sandwich out of it?
Old 02-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #86  
I Believe in ME!

S/C/G: 199/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100poundfreeway View Post
Thank you NavyMommy, that was helpful! I will continue to go through old threads! Thanks for info!

IcanLoseitThisTime: You are doing such a great job! I hope you don't let him bring you down!
I won't, you guys are way to encouraging for me to throw away all I have done for someone who is jealous (because he is totally finding all the weight I am losing) Thanks Guys!!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #87  
INACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Is there chicken in this "bread" or do you make a chicken sandwich out of it?
Sorry, I forgot to put that I used an IP chicken soup packet, so I just edited my post. I just thought of it while driving today. I really miss bread When I first started IP, I was afraid to experiment because I didn't want to throw myself off the program accidentally. Now that I am comfortable in knowing what I can and can't have, I love to find new ways to eat the packets. I've been printing out my recipes for my Dr. and she has been giving them to anyone who wants them. I think it helps to keep us OP if we are really craving something and can get close by experimenting. Someone posted the other day that IP is making mashed potatoes! I can't wait to get my hands on those!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
I was doing kickboxing before I started IP. I stopped the first 3 weeks of being OP, but as of last night I went back. It felt really really good, but was a little more challenging for me I think. I won't be weighing in until Saturday now, so I will have two sessions under my belt. I'm a little nervous because there seems to be such a split opinion on working out. I did add an extra packet yesterday and will tomorrow when I go as well. I'm happy to hear you continued working out, it gives me hope but I'm still nervous as all heck about stopping my weight loss. It's really good for me psychologically and socially though, and so I think it would be more of a detriment to stop going. Any other words of advice for me?
Don't kill yourself! Ease back into it! And try to have a restricted bar. I didn't do this before, but now that I do I feel like I have more energy reserves.

And drink, drink drink. If you cramp up add another potassium.

Enjoy!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 282/274/180

Height: 5'5"

I had my first WI today. It's only Day 4 on IP and I'm down 3lbs. I'm pretty excited. My mom is doing this with me and she is down 7, but I'm still excited about my 3. I figure it all evens out so I'll catch up with her eventually.

Congrats to everyone else with WI today!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #90  
I Believe in ME!

S/C/G: 199/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin2314 View Post
I had my first WI today. It's only Day 4 on IP and I'm down 3lbs. I'm pretty excited. My mom is doing this with me and she is down 7, but I'm still excited about my 3. I figure it all evens out so I'll catch up with her eventually.

Congrats to everyone else with WI today!
I am trying to get my mom to do it with me! She is currently a little smaller than me though, having over the last few years lost 100-125lbs. I think it would be fun, and such a good support system with each other supporting one another! It is always easier when someone understands exactly what you are going through!! Congrats on your weigh in! That is almost a pound a day!! Where in Louisiana are you from, if you don't mind me asking?!
Closed Thread