Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #76  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Salmongirl, I start the thread before I go to bed at midnight. I am in Mississippi, so its not midnight in some places but I want a place for the early risers to be able to post in the morning when they wake up!.

Good morning everyone, woke up this morning at 6am wide eyed and bushy tailed. Got up did my yoga, had my breakfast, cleaned the kitchen and not reading and listening to CMT. I have a little paperwork to do for work other than that its going to be an easy day

I came across this today and wanted to share it....
You must have been sleepy at midnight last night night cause you put 2011 for today, lol. No biggie.
I really like that pic post! It speaks the truth!! Thanks!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:05 PM   #77  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Weigh in # 11 and anohter 1.4 pounds gone for good!!!!Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE this plan? It has been so very easy to stick to. And I really am loving seeing the scale go down each week. Even with the small losses!! A loss is a loss no matter how big or small!
Great Job Rissimo! I agree. I love this plan too!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #78  
Started IP 11/28/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmayhem View Post

Also, down 3.7lbs this week. It's amazing how well you lose when you're 100% on plan haha
You're doing fantastic! Love to see those pounds melting away. Staying 100% OP really pays off!!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #79  
Started IP 11/28/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Just back from WI and I lost 4 pounds this week and 3 1/2 inches which brings me to 60 pounds so far. I can't wait till my doctor appointment at the end of February. When I saw my doctor at the end of August she asked that I loose 20 pounds by this next appointment. I figure by my appointment I will have lost at least 70 pounds by then. Can't wait to see her expression, especially since she recommended this diet to me. She lost 60 pounds on it herself and recommends it to all of her overweight patients.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday.
Way to go Dana!!!! You're doctor is going to be shocked!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 214/187.4/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
He is right.

You need some time to adjust your food and drinking expectations. There will always be a next party, next trip, next superbowl, but if you are committed to doing ip it might be best to avoid them until you are in the groove and really seeing the amazing results you can have.

Life can be fun in the mean time, but it will take a different mind set. The fun is being with your friends. The food and drink are just secondary. Find an ip snack you like and have it then.

Good luck!
I just made it through a tough weekend and did stay on program 100% - It really can be done. Dh was in a curling bonspiel so I was at the rink watching people eating hamburgers, fries, onion rings and lots of alcohol drinks! I was a tiny bit tempted but never would have given in. Also there was a big buffet meal Saturday night with wonderful things there but I stuck to chicken, roast beef and a couple of salads that weren't loaded with dressings. I also passed the dessert table with no problem. Ya me!
This weekend is dh's birthday and I suggested we have friends over and maybe have a fondue party! Today I get thinking and I am not sure I can have much food? Meat & vegetables in a broth fondue would work I think. I do not want to cave in and have a bunch of things that I shouldn't. I know if I cheat once then it will be harder for me not to cheat again and again.
I tell myself that hopefully my weight will be where I want it to be by around May so I can hold off until then, the feeling of getting smaller is wonderful.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #81  
Started IP 01/14/2012

S/C/G: 280/261/180

Height: 5'8"

Hooray! I finally got my ticker - sometimes it's the little things that make a day...
Has anyone made spinach souffle using spinach, IP leek soup and a couple of egg whites? As I was eating my spinach soup at lunch it occurred to me that it might work...

Last edited by Chuckles1330; 01-31-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:03 PM   #82  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Hey All,

Happy IP OP Tuesday!!

Well my first weigh in today, Day 6 fully OP on IP and I lost......7.2 Pounds, weighed in last week with 229.4 and was 222.2 today - totally over the moon!

And to people reading this thread who haven't started yet, yes the first 3 days are brutal, but the pay off is day 5 and beyond!!!Your back to yourself, and I reckon I have more energy too

Looking forward to week 2!

Happy Tuesday,

Cheers/S...
Old 01-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up 2nd week on ip

I WI today it is my second time I am very excited. This diet has given me freedom from food.

It is exciting when someone asks if I have lost weight. I used to say I am trying now I say Yes I am. I am thankful to read the forums and get daily encouragement. Hope everyone well on this diet.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #84  

Height: 5'9

I am happy to report that, after some struggling through January, I am fully motivated & committed to being OP 100%! I've discovered I have a strong will...it's just swinging the wrong way! There are so many things I want do and accomplish, it's worth the work to change my mental swing .

Congratulations to the WL & NSV victories today! Have a fantastic day!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:21 PM   #85  

Height: 5'9

[QUOTE=ICanLoseItThisTime;4197562]Now, it could have a lot to do with the diet, but here is my problem. Somehow in the 4 days I have gotten the shot to now, I have gained 1lb more than my last weigh in. My next weigh in is tomorrow and I am A NERVOUS WRECK. Could this just be TOM water and bloating and what not? Is this the likely answer? because I have been 100% OP and I mean 100%. If anyone could shed any light on this it would be much appreciated. QUOTE]

To be fair, I'm pretty new to all this, but I too have problems with my TOM. I think there is some information in previous threads about this, but I don't remember where-what I DO remember is that it's the diet releasing the estrogen stored in your fat cells. It comes out to wreak havoc on TOM parties. It might result in some extra water gain this week, because of the shot, but it should come down again for next week...that's what I've noticed is the trend on the forums, anyways. For sure talk to your coach about your concerns too!

I hope that helps, good luck with your weigh in tomorrow and don't freak out! You will get through it and continue on your journey, this is just a little bump.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 186/180/140

Height: 5'7"

So after 8 weeks on IP I've lost 20 lbs! I'm starting to have people mention how good I look now. It's pretty darn exciting And encouraging! I'm glad to see everyone else is doing well!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #87  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Thanks everyone! I had a long talk with myself and I'm 100% commited to this and I will loos the weight!
Called hubby back to let him know I was sorry he was right and I truly appreciate him thinking of me and what is best!

I did not budge today at work BBQ and my big old salad tasted better than ever! A moment of weakness, that was all it was. This is a huge adjustment.

Thank you for those of you who gave encouraging words!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Wuv - did i see you mention somewhere we are suppose to be drinking half our body weight, in water?? I did not know thissssss... wow. That is ALOT of water!! I will have to watch for this because I definitely thought it was less than that - which i have no idea where i got that impression. Anyways, good to know!! you learn something new everyday
Old 01-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #89  
I Believe in ME!

S/C/G: 199/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

[QUOTE=Ylanthe;4197696]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime View Post
Now, it could have a lot to do with the diet, but here is my problem. Somehow in the 4 days I have gotten the shot to now, I have gained 1lb more than my last weigh in. My next weigh in is tomorrow and I am A NERVOUS WRECK. Could this just be TOM water and bloating and what not? Is this the likely answer? because I have been 100% OP and I mean 100%. If anyone could shed any light on this it would be much appreciated. QUOTE]

To be fair, I'm pretty new to all this, but I too have problems with my TOM. I think there is some information in previous threads about this, but I don't remember where-what I DO remember is that it's the diet releasing the estrogen stored in your fat cells. It comes out to wreak havoc on TOM parties. It might result in some extra water gain this week, because of the shot, but it should come down again for next week...that's what I've noticed is the trend on the forums, anyways. For sure talk to your coach about your concerns too!

I hope that helps, good luck with your weigh in tomorrow and don't freak out! You will get through it and continue on your journey, this is just a little bump.

Thank you! Sometimes all you really need is someone to take the time and say a fe kind words and give a little support, you know? I am trying to not freak out, but man am I just on this mad crazy emotional rollercoaster right now! TOM really just messes WITH EVERYTHING! Thank you again, I have been 100% OP since I started 34 days ago and was just about to have a handful of candy and a diet coke because I was just so overwhelmed. You stopped me, and I bet you didnt even realize what you were doing. I cannot thank you enough!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihuahuanut View Post
I'm still learning about all the IP products, just bought the shakes to get me started. I love the puffs suggestions, I guess I'll pick up a box/packet of different things (make myself a sample selection!) and find something I can eat in the mornings. Am having a shake right now, a great afternoon snack:-) Thanks for your feedback!
I always have the wildberry yogurt for my breakfast. As soon as I get up I put 300ml of water into the shaker and shake the yogurt into a shake, put it in the fridge for 15-30 min to thicken and soften the berries - I find it surprisingly filling and refreshing.

Now however I will be starting alternatives and will certainly miss that breakfast.
Closed Thread