Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #31  
Ashley

S/C/G: 328.7/325.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default my husband!

Hi-my husband is losing slower than he wants-more like 2-3 pounds a week rather than the 7 they said he'd lose. That doesn't seem to be enough for him-he's looking good and feeling good-but sacrificing all the good food just doesn't seem to be worth it for this slower weight loss. We weigh in for week 4 today...any thoughts? What can I tell him?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:43 AM   #33  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-phases-4.html

The first post, these are what my husband is using
rissimo,
BTW, Love your new picture- you look great!
How is your husband doing on this plan? Is he still losing well on it with the extra carbs? Can you give an average even though it would be different for everyone? Is he finding it easy to stick with? If he was on the original IP that you are on and then went to this alternative plan was it bc he is diabetic and did he find that it really helped with low BS?
Sorry to bombard you with all of these questions. I have been dying to ask someone about this plan and if it really works as well for awhile and saw an opportunity. My husband gave up the original IP bc of his BS going too low.
Thanks
Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Just wanted to say hello! I don't have much free time anymore, so it looks like WI days are the only chance I'll get to post.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on here before, but there's a new IP Product - MASHED POTATOES! Just picked up a few packages today. The coaches said they're delish! Really creamy with lots of herbs and spices! Sounds yummy!

Also, down 3.7lbs this week. It's amazing how well you lose when you're 100% on plan haha
Old 01-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #35  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Okay I clearly stayed up too late working on my project because tomorrow's thread is here! Happy tuesday! I go in for my WI tomorrow and feel pretty good about it. Loving this diet!

Salmongirl, I start the thread before I go to bed at midnight. I am in Mississippi, so its not midnight in some places but I want a place for the early risers to be able to post in the morning when they wake up!.

Good morning everyone, woke up this morning at 6am wide eyed and bushy tailed. Got up did my yoga, had my breakfast, cleaned the kitchen and not reading and listening to CMT. I have a little paperwork to do for work other than that its going to be an easy day

I came across this today and wanted to share it....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg temptation.jpg (49.3 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 01-31-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:42 AM   #36  
Started IP 01/14/2012

S/C/G: 280/261/180

Well, week 3 is well on it's way, and a good week so far. Once I get rid of the sore throat and congestion, it will be an even better week! Tonight, if my friends are up for it, I will rejoin my trivia team (Overworked and Underpants) for our weekly match. It is at an amazing pizza place and for the last two weeks I've said I just could not face that temptation! Well, now I'm armed and ready. I've printed the nutritional info for the restaurant and will build my own awesome salad, and enjoy the company of friends. I've eaten out a couple of times since starting the plan, but at places where I was easily able to make smart choices, and not be overly tempted.
Today is day 20 on the forum, and I'm really hoping I get my tracker today. That visual reminder will be awesome. I've also published both the 2013 lunar calendar for Kilimanjaro National Park, and a picture of Kilimanjaro and posted those in my work cubicle. When I need little incentive boost, I can look at those.
Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Ok so this week I am determined to get the scale moving again. I have been stalled for about 21/2 weeks with no weight loss infact the scale went up a couple of times and came back down with the same net loss. But nothing more. SO this week I am on an all unrestricted diet. I am taking a lot of water in and tons of greens. But I wont quit I just wont do it. I have 14 lbs to go and I know that I can make it happen whatever it takes
Old 01-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 208/196/155

Good morning,

WI #3 tonight and I am not very optomistic - I feel really 'puffy' - fingers, kinda bloated. Not sure why - as this is not the first time I have felt like this - I feel like I have had way too much salt - I am drinking my water quota. - anybody else have this problem? It's not related to TOM as this is not an issue for me. It seems to happen the day after any light to moderate exercise.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #39  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Day 22 and going strong strong strong! Can't believe tomorrow is February & I can say that I've been OP for a whole MONTH! [not all IP, only 22 days on IP] but otherwise just calorie counting, but still OP for a whole MONTH!

Feeling more positive than I have been the last few days, ready to get this "job" [diet] done!

Resisted my favorite Chick-n-minis while my husband had some! They smelled delicious, not gonna lie; but I know they'll be there later! Progress much?!

Last edited by omgzitsmiranda; 01-31-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 185.5/171.5/150

Height: 5'2 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
My coach started me on the Novi-Cleanse to see if this will increase my weight loss. I also have a slow weight loss but at least it is a loss! Good luck going to phase 2. My problem is being able to eat all of the veggies and salads on the diet but I make myself eat it. I have never been a salad lover, so this was new to me. I bought some Olive Oil with Garlic and put this in my salad, it made a big difference and was able to go down much easier.
There are so many fun things you can do or dressings that make it have so much flavor. Try adding herbs and spices and mustard (use use 0/0/0 mustard and/or ground mustard seed) Make it with lemon, lime or both! Garlic, ginger, braggs amino acid (like soy sauce, but lighter). Mix in a blender using the acid (lemon, lime, cider vinegar, white vinegar) first, add your herbs and spices, and then add an equal amount of water, then add 1/2 amount in olive oil and whiz it up! Then pour it in to a mister and spray on your salad. Delish! I did a cilantro-lime-garlic dressing last night without oil that I used on shrimp (added chicken broth to the marinade), and then took part of it, added a little olive oil and added more water to thin it out and sprayed it on my salad. SO good.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:22 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
The coach said after 4 weeks of being on the program, you are advised in doing this cleanse. I don't have any problems with constipation. This is 3 different bottles, 1 each for your kidneys, liver and colon. Has anyone else done this Nova Cleanse ?
Yes
I didn't like it. It did not improve weight loss for me, but I felt vaguely nautious the whole time.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihuahuanut View Post
Good morning all - I've been lurking here for several days now, such great information and support!

My name is Nathalie and I started IP just this morning. A few of my co workers are doing it/have done it with great success so I thought I'd give it a try. I have about 15 pounds to lose, weighed in yesterday but I prefer to wait a few weeks to see my weight. Otherwise, I get 'stuck' on the numbers and I prefer to just focus on my food intake, how I'm feeling and most importantly, how my clothes fit!

I am a lifetime Weight Watchers member and do love that program, lost 23 pounds last year to reach my goal but have put on somewhere between 10 and 15 pounds over the past few months (Christmas didn't help one bit!). As a sugar addict, I'm hoping IP will help me kick that - or at least bring my intake down to a dull roar!

For now, I'll continue to lurk, post and scour this board for helpful info. I am looking to find an alternative to the IP food as I find the cost a bit of an issue - I can swing it, but why should I when there are alternatives at lower prices?! I live in Ottawa, Canada and saw something at my local Walmart the other night that has very similar nutrition info as the IP shakes (need to go back and compare exactly). I see there are tons of alternatives available in the States, not as much here in Canada.

Wishing everyone a successful and wonderful day!
I have used both ip foods and alternative shakes and bars like those at Walmart,etc.

I can only say that I find the ip foods taste better and have more variety. If you aren't looking to lose a huge amount of weight than the cost of going to an ip clinic, weighing in, being measured, being held accountable (or at least having some fear of the weigh in) is worth every penny.

It's like the pre made foods. My dh is now doing ip and he wants the pudding cups and rtd shakes. I told him they were more expensive...he tolled his eyes and asked how much we were spending eating out before. He's right. The cost in not even close.

Good lunch. Ip is great if you stick to it! I could probably stay on phase 1 forever!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #43  
Started IP 9/12/2011

S/C/G: 288/184/150

Height: 5' 1"

Well, I didn't get the woosh overnight, so had my lowest weight loss to date.
I'm totally okay with it though. I lost 3 1/2 inches so that is awesome and it's another 1 1/2 pounds gone! Have a great OP day!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #44  

Default good morning

not sure how to navigate this site, but i'm trying.....my husband and myself started the ip diet on sat....looks like ive only lost 4 lbs as to him loosing 13 so unfair..im feeling very discouraged. Im bloated constipated and feel like poop.MARSHA
Old 01-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #45  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I have used both ip foods and alternative shakes and bars like those at Walmart,etc.

I can only say that I find the ip foods taste better and have more variety. If you aren't looking to lose a huge amount of weight than the cost of going to an ip clinic, weighing in, being measured, being held accountable (or at least having some fear of the weigh in) is worth every penny.

It's like the pre made foods. My dh is now doing ip and he wants the pudding cups and rtd shakes. I told him they were more expensive...he tolled his eyes and asked how much we were spending eating out before. He's right. The cost in not even close.

Good lunch. Ip is great if you stick to it! I could probably stay on phase 1 forever!

Thanks Momto2cs. I really want to find an alternative for breakfast, had the RTD chocolate shake and that just isn't what I want to have first thing in the morning. Too chocolatey, too sweet. A coworker just gave me the mango drink which I think will be much better as a breakfast drink. I might pick up a few of the other IP products (the egg and cheese omelette sounds perfect for breakfast!) and see how they are. I 100% agree with you, if I stay OP I'll be within my grocery/eating out budget no worries. Again, just looking to see if there are alternative to keep me OP and below budget (if possible). Thanks
Closed Thread