Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #166  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
OK, take a deep breath. I am going to guess that in the VERY WORST case, you had an extra 5-10 calories and MAYBE 0.5 - 1 carb? It's not enough to beat yourself up over. You realized it before you had a whole cup, and you are certainly NOT stupid! It's really OK. Please forgive yourself
Thank you for the response. I felt like I needed to "come clean" about it on here. It was definitely only two Cheerio's, but to me it felt like a massive deal because I did it without even doing it consciously. I now know I have to be more cognitive around my nephew. He's just so darn cute and when he's sharing, I guess I got caught up in the moment. Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
HUGS! Don't feel stupid! 2 cherrios I don't think are going to affect you! Run up and down the stairs 5 times to burn them off! LOL! Seriously, you're doing awesome, don't beat yourself up for such a teeny thing! It wasn't like a whole bowl or anything! As Ishmel says, Chin up grasshopper! LOL!
Thanks so much I really appreciate the response. I just felt so bad because I am 100% commited to the program and that kind of took me by surprise. I guess I can just use this as a learning experience. Will be doing some jumping jacks to negate the possible excess calories. Thank-you
Old 01-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
I just needed to share that I had a major mess up today. I was playing with my 16 month old nephew today and he was eating Honey Nut Cheerios. He was being all cute and sharing with the dogs and then sharing with Auntie. Well before I even had time to think about what I was doing, I had eaten 2 cheerios from his cute little fingers. There was about a five minute delay and I burst into tears. I've been 100% OP and commited to being mindful about what goes in my mouth. And in a moment of sheer stupidity I ate 2 Cheerios. Sigh. I'm trying to move past it, but it's kinda been in my head all day. I feel so stupid.
This is an example of the issue I have with the 100% concept, the term 100% is such an absolute. You accidently ate 2 cherrios. There is so few carbs there your body likely didn't even register them same as your brain didn't when you were eating them.
You are not stupid and it is nothing to cry about. Just keep on with what you were doing and chalk it up to precious time spent with someone very special to you who is not going to be at this age again.
Pat
Old 01-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #168  
started IP 1/23/12

S/C/G: 229.8/180/140

Height: 5 ft

Word of warning - Be careful when making the jelly! I just made it and initially followed the directions of adding the powder to boiling water in a bowl and stirring but it was still super clumpy. So I put it in a blender bottle and shook the living daylights out of it. You guessed it - raspberry jelly all over me and my kitchen! The heat created pressure and made it explode. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the jelly clump-free?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #169  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
First, I get cravings too. I get sad, i get depressed, i get mad. But, then I remember that I want to be healthy more than i want to be overweight. ........ultimately, noone can say whether or not you will lose 35 pounds by summer, only you can be the judge of that. But, what I can say is that you will lose weight by summer. I hope this helped YOU CAN DO THIS !!
This was very nicely said and so true!

Went to my WI and lost 6.8lbs (over the last two weeks).
Old 01-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by massconfusion84 View Post
Yes of course Im doing this to be healthy. I dont have high blood sugar, high blood pressure, or high triglyceride levels but eating like I was eventually I would have some issues. Basically being overweight is just not me. I was always the skinny one and I could eat whatever I wanted... and then I had 2 babies in 3 years and I BLEW UP. I went from 130 to 180. Now if I even LOOK at a brownie I gain weight. Im having a bit of a "who am I?" experience. But really I have a very very small frame and being overweight IS NOT me. I am more shy and socially awkward and of course terrible self esteem bc of the weight gain. So yes Im doing it to prevent health probs but also because I want to be me again
oh and don't entertain those negatives thoughts! They will come... but keeping them moving right on by! When you entertain, your brain is intrigued and it continues to dwell on the negative things! It's okay to get down though.. i do too sometimes
Old 01-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #171  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by massconfusion84 View Post
Thankyou for you kind words NewEnglander! Im not going to quit Im just feeling depressed right now. The diet isnt new and exciting anymore Im getting bored and frustrated. Sorry to be such a downer but I figure if I cant talk about it here than I cant talk about it anywhere
We're here for you! As long as you'll be there for me when I'm downer, lol. Actually I'm getting a little burnt out on all the veggies already. Keeping at it though. We'll cheer-lead you all the way through those 35!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
This is an example of the issue I have with the 100% concept, the term 100% is such an absolute.
I feel like this might be directed to me as we had a bit of a back and forth a couple of days ago.

Patns, I'm sorry if I offended you at all this past week. I feel that perhaps I shouldn't even comment but I feel the need to.

I personally need a place to go when I need to feel stronger. Seeing others being strong helps me and I don't think that's to much to ask for. I had spent probably a month watching someone very specific tumble out of control and post how often they were cheating and losing at a good pace. Can you cheat and lose? Probably. Will you be following the science of giving your pancreas a rest, nope. The constant requirement for encouragement was a never ending battle and mentally exhausted me. This was not someone who cheated once and learned, or accidently put something they weren't suppose to in their mouth.

I'm sorry you (and others) may not like the 100% thread and believe it's a black and white us vs them. I just don't feel that way. Quite honestly, I consider it my new place to lay my hat. This doesn't mean that I won't offer up positive comments, encouragement and tid bits of experience when I'm feeling strong (9 months in to it I know less then 500 posts means I'm not much of a cheerleader). But at least this way, when I know where I am emotionally, I can go to a specific thread.

I respect your experience and have used some of your advice in my own journey.

Good luck to you!

If I'm reading to much into this...I apologize again.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #173  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
There are 5 cups of veggies there, you're supposed to be eating 4 cups a day (2 with lunch, 2 with dinner although it's just fine if you spread them out). Also, if you're hungry I would continue with the egg whites, but now that you're in ketosis I might try a day or two without them. They're certainly not hurting you (my coach said egg whites are free, so the first few days I had some scrambled mid afternoon while I was going into ketosis) but if you're not happy with your numbers you might think about trying it without them. IMO though you're doing great!!
I see that many people are eating egg whites in addition to their daily protein. My coach says we are not allowed egg whites in addition but I was wondering if eating the extra protein is helpful in losing more weight. I have lost 5.6 lbs in two weeks and was courious if adding additional protein would speed up my losses.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #174  
Ericaceae

S/C/G: Started IP 12.12.11

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mama View Post
Word of warning - Be careful when making the jelly! I just made it and initially followed the directions of adding the powder to boiling water in a bowl and stirring but it was still super clumpy. So I put it in a blender bottle and shook the living daylights out of it. You guessed it - raspberry jelly all over me and my kitchen! The heat created pressure and made it explode. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the jelly clump-free?
Bummer about the explosion. I use a wire whisk and just stir it for a while and typically don't have any clumps. Hope this helps. =)
Old 01-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 218.5/208/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-while-ip.html

here it is.

you can also find it in the first sticky post with other helpful links.

hope this helps.

Thank you for the list.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #176  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone,

Third weigh in today and I am down 4 lbs ! Feeling great !
Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #177  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
I just needed to share that I had a major mess up today. I was playing with my 16 month old nephew today and he was eating Honey Nut Cheerios. He was being all cute and sharing with the dogs and then sharing with Auntie. Well before I even had time to think about what I was doing, I had eaten 2 cheerios from his cute little fingers. There was about a five minute delay and I burst into tears. I've been 100% OP and commited to being mindful about what goes in my mouth. And in a moment of sheer stupidity I ate 2 Cheerios. Sigh. I'm trying to move past it, but it's kinda been in my head all day. I feel so stupid.
It is now in the past. We are all here for you!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #178  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mama View Post
I put the boiling water in a measuring cup, I like a little more, like 6 ounces, put the jelly powder on top and stir/whip it up with a fork. If I get a clump or two, I just squish it against the side of the cup to break it up and continue stirring.

Last edited by lindac36; 01-26-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #179  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
I see that many people are eating egg whites in addition to their daily protein. My coach says we are not allowed egg whites in addition but I was wondering if eating the extra protein is helpful in losing more weight. I have lost 5.6 lbs in two weeks and was courious if adding additional protein would speed up my losses.
I'm pretty sure it really just varies person to person what you feel like will work for you. I think you're losing fine, but that's just me :P

I started eating egg whites in the morning or having a few boiled egg whites during the day sometimes, but it hasn't messed with my weight loss as of yet. Try it, I don't think it will "speed it up" but I don't think a couple would hurt you either. If you want to try it, then try it & see if it helps; if it messes you up, then back off of it
Old 01-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I feel like this might be directed to me as we had a bit of a back and forth a couple of days ago.

Patns, I'm sorry if I offended you at all this past week. I feel that perhaps I shouldn't even comment but I feel the need to.

I personally need a place to go when I need to feel stronger. Seeing others being strong helps me and I don't think that's to much to ask for. I had spent probably a month watching someone very specific tumble out of control and post how often they were cheating and losing at a good pace. Can you cheat and lose? Probably. Will you be following the science of giving your pancreas a rest, nope. The constant requirement for encouragement was a never ending battle and mentally exhausted me. This was not someone who cheated once and learned, or accidently put something they weren't suppose to in their mouth.

I'm sorry you (and others) may not like the 100% thread and believe it's a black and white us vs them. I just don't feel that way. Quite honestly, I consider it my new place to lay my hat. This doesn't mean that I won't offer up positive comments, encouragement and tid bits of experience when I'm feeling strong (9 months in to it I know less then 500 posts means I'm not much of a cheerleader). But at least this way, when I know where I am emotionally, I can go to a specific thread.

I respect your experience and have used some of your advice in my own journey.

Good luck to you!

If I'm reading to much into this...I apologize again.
No need to apologize at all. I have no issue with the idea of a no cheat thread. That is what we all aim for. It is just an issue with the wording I have trouble with. It may not be a big deal but to me the 100 % gives the impression that one minor slip and you are done for. This is an example of that. There is a huge difference between someone who accidentily eats two cheerios and someone who plans ahead to go out and go off plan because it is a social occasion or even just the regular daily carb feast at work.
We know that we totally have to change how we look at food and will have to for the rest of our life. To see someone reduced to tears over the two cheerios is not what the plan is meant to be.

But the term 100% gives the impression a minor moment of not paying attention or a slight mis-interpretation of the protocol is the end of the line.

What I had issue with was the statements of the original poster in the thread the other day.

She started by saying she was fed up with cheaters and then listed as cheats things my coach had stressed were helpful things (well except for the MIO in Canada). Then she asked who was willing to suffer with her. Well personally I have not suffered on plan since the migraines of the initial withdrawal so didn't agree with the post at all.

Staying on plan has only given me energy and has resulted in slow but steady weight loss. WUV made a new thread which certainly would not be coming from the same point of view and whoever feels comfortable there should go there.

My sensitivity is that as a slow loser the first thought by many coaches seems to be you must be cheating. It is stated many times on here if you cheat you are out, my point in that discussion is what actually is a cheat may not be the same to everyone or even to every coach. If my coach had follwed that rule I'd be gone because I only lose 1-2 pounds a week, well actually 2 pounds would be a huge celebration.

My losses are much slower than the norm because of my age, my height, the fact at this point I didn't have a huge amount to lose. I had already lost the larger % of my excess weight by cutting out grains several years ago.

But I have been excited to realize in the past week or so that something else that caused such a slow loss was that I had gotten in a rut. What I was eating all the time added up to almost no fat. When I added back things like oil that I had dropped my weight is coming down again. So cheats are not the only issue and so much advice when someone has a slow loss is to cut back on things that are actually a part of the protocol.
So all of those thoughts came together with that poster's concerns and I reacted to it.

I certainly don't think it's us vs them but I think we all do need to very carefully monitor what is happening to our own bodies because ultimately the battle will be maintaining after we are done with this very active process of losing. We all need to select the type of support that will help us in this.

Anyway a long speil but I was in no way was implying you and I had disagreed. I was using you as an example of someone who had great success but had one cheat. If we take 100% at face value that would mean you would have been shown the door which doesn't make much sense to me.

Because I know I would still focus on my possibly unreasonable reaction to the term I don't go to that thread because arguing over words doesn't help at all.

Actually we could really argue about the RoughRiders vs the Eskies but I won't go there.

Last edited by patns; 01-26-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Closed Thread