Old 01-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #31  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealpromom View Post
MORNING AGAIN !
couple of questions.....

1. Am I correct in saying we are allowed 8oz of protein a day?
2. Is it okay to take a couple of ounces of that protein and put it at my lunch and still have my protein packet?
3. Is there such a thing as too many veggies?
4. and finally, is there such a thing as too much water.

Thanks everyone.......
Yes 8oz of protein. You CAN split it up sometimes, but most people advise doing it every single day.

Also, yes i've been told/read that anything over 4 cups of the approved is a no-no. Also, yes I'm sure there is TOO much water. But I drink 5 liters a day & I'm fine.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #32  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
MORNING AGAIN !
couple of questions.....

2. Is it okay to take a couple of ounces of that protein and put it at my lunch and still have my protein packet?

Thanks everyone.......
Hello,
To answer your questions:

1 & 2. Yes 8oz of protein a day with dinner or you may break it up and have some with lunch and have your protein packet. I would only have 2-3oz of protein with lunch.
3. Only 4 cups of veggies per day. 2 with lunch and 2 with dinner or you can break it up and use veggie for a snack.
4. Yes, if you suffered from edema fefore going on IP then be careful with your water intake. If you find your edema getting worse than lower your water.

http://www.idealtogo.com/Library/Pha...%20-%20ITG.pdf This link will take you to the latesr IP sheet.

Good luck

Last edited by Lorilou; 01-26-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
MORNING AGAIN !
couple of questions.....

Thanks everyone.......
1. Yes, 8oz measured raw.
2. Yes, I wouldn't do more than 2ozs or so though because you want the bulk of your protein in the evenings to keep you full overnight.
3. YES, you should only be having 4 cups of veggies a day, but lettuce is unlimited (iceberg and romaine). FYI Spinach / Kale and the like count as veggies not lettuce.
4. There's debate over this one. Personally I drink about 120ozs a day plus a couple of cups of herbal tea. That works for me, but you have to do what works for you.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #34  
I Believe in ME!

S/C/G: 199/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Yesterday I made chicken salad with the WF mayo and a little honey dijon. I also added cucumbers, onions, green onions and a little bit of mushroom. IT WAS SO SO SO SO YUMMY! I plan on making it again today just because it was so good and so light! If you plan on making it, just make sure when you cook your chicken breast you season it really good because the WF mayo doesnt actually taste like 'MAYO" haha. But with the right seasonings and veggies and a little mustard, you get a really delicious chicken salad. I don't think, off IP or not, I will ever use regular mayo for my chicken salad again!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT OP DAYYY!!!

also, my weigh in's are on wednesdays, so my challenge for myself is to NOT get on the scale until then. Hope I can manage!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #35  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime View Post
Yesterday I made chicken salad with the WF mayo and a little honey dijon. I also added cucumbers, onions, green onions and a little bit of mushroom. IT WAS SO SO SO SO YUMMY! I plan on making it again today just because it was so good and so light! If you plan on making it, just make sure when you cook your chicken breast you season it really good because the WF mayo doesnt actually taste like 'MAYO" haha. But with the right seasonings and veggies and a little mustard, you get a really delicious chicken salad. I don't think, off IP or not, I will ever use regular mayo for my chicken salad again!

also, my weigh in's are on wednesdays, so my challenge for myself is to NOT get on the scale until then. Hope I can manage!
That sounds good. Be careful with the honey dijon as it does have sugar. You can substitute the honey dijon by mixing WF pancake syrup with yellow mustard (thanks Pamelama for this idea). It's not as good of course but is OP.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Yummy!! Chicken Salad sounds so good right now. I've heard the mayo is okay if doctored up, but honestly I haven't tried it. I would love to be able to get it in a local store. I never think to add it when I'm shopping online.

Looks like we're right about the same height / weight. How long have you been on IP for? Good luck to you in staying off the scale! I love the idea of being surprised by my number but haven't gotten there yet.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #37  
I Believe in ME!

Quote:

NOT CUCUMBERS! ha, celery!!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #38  
I Believe in ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
That sounds good. Be careful with the honey dijon as it does have sugar. You can substitute the honey dijon by mixing WF pancake syrup with yellow mustard (thanks Pamelama for this idea). It's not as good of course but is OP.
I use French's Dijon and it is 0 carbs, 0 fat it does however have 5 calories per tsp, but I usually only use it once or twice a week and usually only about a tsp!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #39  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

Good morning. I'm just out the door to work with my well packed lunch. Had a spinard smoothie with chocolate pudding Delicious! Hope everyone stays OP.........
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #40  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Morning,
I am feeling so much better this am! Maybe my body is adjusting? Thanks for all the love and support yesterday! MWAH to you all
Old 01-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #41  
Started IP 9/12/2011

S/C/G: 288/184/150

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

I actually use the WF mayo and add curry powder to make curry chicken salad. It tastes almost exactly the same as when I used to make it with real mayo. Makes me happy and warm inside!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #42  
I Believe in ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Yummy!! Chicken Salad sounds so good right now. I've heard the mayo is okay if doctored up, but honestly I haven't tried it. I would love to be able to get it in a local store. I never think to add it when I'm shopping online.

Looks like we're right about the same height / weight. How long have you been on IP for? Good luck to you in staying off the scale! I love the idea of being surprised by my number but haven't gotten there yet.
Hey navymom! The chicken salad was really good, plus I love chicken salad and was kinda bummed I wasnt going to be able to have it, and then I FOUND THE WF MAYO AND WAS SO EXCITED haha! You should try it, but for sure doctor it, like i said I just added a bit more spice than I normally would have to my chicken when cooking it! It also makes it a lot easier to get your chicken in that "chicken salad texture" if you cut your breast into fairly small chunks before cooking! - just my opinion

And we are about the same! Today is day 28 for me! what about you? And that is why I don't want to get on the scale! Plus, last week was kind of discouraging for me because I wasnt seeing any weight loss until Finally day before weigh in I lost 2lbs. So I just don't want something as silly as a SCALE getting in my head!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Hey everyone. Well I go to weigh in at 11... So in about an hour. My weight loss has been pretty slow lately if I don't lose 2 lbs since last week, I'm going to cut out all the new yummy recipes I've been using-- to see if that's the culprit . I HOPE I don't have to do that, but we will see soon enough.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #44  
I Believe in ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassfedbeef View Post
I actually use the WF mayo and add curry powder to make curry chicken salad. It tastes almost exactly the same as when I used to make it with real mayo. Makes me happy and warm inside!
I will absolutely have to try that! That is what I love so much about this site! I post something that was good, and everyone else tell me ways they have changed it up some so I get to try even more different things!!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #45  
I Believe in ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Hey everyone. Well I go to weigh in at 11... So in about an hour. My weight loss has been pretty slow lately if I don't lose 2 lbs since last week, I'm going to cut out all the new yummy recipes I've been using-- to see if that's the culprit . I HOPE I don't have to do that, but we will see soon enough.

Good Luck!
Closed Thread