3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/25/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/251372-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-1-25-12-a.html)

omgzitsmiranda 01-25-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4188759)
It is allowed, however, it is very high in sodium so should be eaten at last resort if at all possible. My coach said don't eat it every day and don't eat it often.....Just saying what my coach said :)

Okay :) I was just simply wondering if I wanted the "crunchy" factor sometimes :) Thanks for finding out for me Miss Lisa!

wuv2bloved 01-25-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giniwarrior (Post 4188790)
I am have been glad for this site because I like following people's success and knowing it is possible to achieve our goal. I have found great recipes. God Bless Finn, he is the best. I think I will stay in the shadows for the most part now because the us vs them mentality just doesn't sit well in my heart. I will continue to stay 100% OP. Good luck to everyone:-) May you all reach your goals. Gini

I am sorry you feel its is a Us vs them metality but it is disheartening to those of us who stay 100% OP and always are encouraging others to stay OP and be true to themselves and keep seeing people cheat because they give in to temptation. It is a choice to be made as to what we do IF you want to lose weight then you will not let temptation come between you and that goal. We all need support but when the majority (not all by no means)is cheating its hard to continue doing so.Its like beating your head against the wall and getting no where. There are TONS on threads on here about cheating.....if those that want to cheat or think about cheating would take the time to read them they would see that they are not the first ones to have these feelings and can see how others cope with the temptations.....ok again, I am sorry you feel this way

omgzitsmiranda 01-25-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4188801)
I am sorry you feel its is a Us vs them metality but it is disheartening to those of us who stay 100% OP and always are encouraging others to stay OP and be true to themselves and keep seeing people cheat because they give in to temptation. It is a choice to be made as to what we do IF you want to lose weight then you will not let temptation come between you and that goal. We all need support but when the majority (not all by no means)is cheating its hard to continue doing so.Its like beating your head against the wall and getting no where. There are TONS on threads on here about cheating.....if those that want to cheat or think about cheating would take the time to read them they would see that they are not the first ones to have these feelings and can see how others cope with the temptations.....ok again, I am sorry you feel this way

"like" x a million.

New Englander 01-25-2012 06:42 PM

I recently gave up my "carmelized" veggies and boy did my weight loss show it! I didn't realize I was carmelizing my turnips when I would bake them so much they would turn brown...I just thought they were burnt (and I didn't mind that 'cause they were crunchy)...well...I was wrong...and I miss them, but the sugars were coming out of themand stalling my weight loss...I went from averaging 2.2 pounds per week to an average of 3.5!!! Woo hoo!!! Sticking to this plan can get hard at times...especially when you think you're doing it right!!! :) Can't wait to see what my weigh in tomorrow brings... :)

lindac36 01-25-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4188127)

OK OK OK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!......i may have stayed the same last week but this week I loss 6lbs!!!!!....I am super excited I also loss 5 inches this week. So I am short 2 days to making 9 months on the Ideal Protein Program and have loss 124lbs and 82 inches over all (hips, breast, thorax, waist, arm and thigh).

Yippie for you! Way to go!!!:dizzy:

Giniwarrior 01-25-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4188801)

I respect what your saying, however like I indicated in another post addiction to food is similar to addiction to alcohol. So, although we shouldn't condone cheating we should encourage people to get back on track. Addictions are multifaceted. Its like a line has been drawn in the sand here. I have not cheated nor do I intend to. Encouraging people to get back on track is not saying, "Okay, here is a quick pat on the head so just cheat away." Thats not what I am saying. Every individual's situation is different. I have read the different threads and think that some want validation for cheating but, others are simply struggling. The situation is not only on threads that are for cheaters and for 100% OP it spills into other threads.
I see people every day in my job fighting to live. So, I guess it changes my perspective in how I feel about people fighting to just change their lives. Its a struggle. I just dont feel its so cut and dry. That said I thinks its great that you give the encouragement that you do to everyone. That you have done so well in your journey is encouragement in itself. Anyway, this is just my opinon and you know what they say about opinions...............

lindac36 01-25-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renewing Myself (Post 4188274)
LoriLou I have not had any of the restricted veggies and mostly stick to turnip, peppers and celery.

What do you do with and how do you cook the turnips. They were great when I made veggie soup, but, when I tried turnip fries...well, they were pretty icky, even the pups didn't want them and they really do eat anything (guess I can't say that any more).
Linda

lindac36 01-25-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4188356)
Why are you having 4 packets a day? just curious

I can only speak for myself, but, my coach has me on 4 packets a day until I reach 200, then she said she would back down to three.

lindac36 01-25-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamelama (Post 4188469)
Weigh in #7.... down 2.6 pounds... 24.4 (I'm calling it 25) pounds in 7 weeks!!

Lovin' life & IP!! :carrot:

Perfect! Love life every day!!

lindac36 01-25-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBNJENNISANDWICH (Post 4188507)
Lol. Had no idea what a donair was and had to look it up....

Wow, there's an idea! Kabobs on the grill with all the veggies but onions..I can do that!

lindac36 01-25-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grassfedbeef (Post 4188548)
I had my WI yesterday and was down another 3 1/2 pounds! I love IP!:carrot:

Hurray!

PeggyG 01-25-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 4188851)
I recently gave up my "carmelized" veggies and boy did my weight loss show it! I didn't realize I was carmelizing my turnips when I would bake them so much they would turn brown...I just thought they were burnt (and I didn't mind that 'cause they were crunchy)...well...I was wrong...and I miss them, but the sugars were coming out of themand stalling my weight loss...I went from averaging 2.2 pounds per week to an average of 3.5!!! Woo hoo!!! Sticking to this plan can get hard at times...especially when you think you're doing it right!!! :) Can't wait to see what my weigh in tomorrow brings... :)

Oh my gosh. I'm doing the same thing. Love those turnips roasted dark and I've had them often as there aren't too many veggies on the list that I like. Never thought it might cause a slow down in losses though. I have been on the program since Jan 4th, so still learning. Had my third weigh-in today and lost another 1.75 for a total of 11.5 pounds (with 8.75 of that the first wk). I am not a bit unhappy with my progress so far, as I feel GREAT, better than I have in a long time. Was shocked at how much that 11.5 pounds has made on my knees and a hip that are always uncomfortable when I go up and down stairs. Was shocked the other day when I realized I had run up and down the stairs several times in a fraction of the time it usually takes me and completely pain free. Also went to the doctor yesterday and blood work-up came back better than it has been in years. Thanks for sharing the turnip information. Will be taking that to heart.

Marcella 01-25-2012 08:11 PM

Is anyone here using the Proti diet line and is lactose intolerant? If I'm going to make the switch this is extremely important for me. Thank you.

Tammywhiz 01-25-2012 08:21 PM

Hi Everyone !

Tomorrow will be the end of my third week and my WI time. I was thrilled with week 1 results at 7lbs, but a little disheartened when the scale only moved 0.2 on week #2. I am really hoping to see the scale needle move this week. (keep your fingers crossed for me)

IP is a great diet, I am not hungry and have no cravings, 1st time ever. All you guys are great too. I look forward to reviewing the posts at night and getting that extra motivation to continue on.

Tried the turnip fries tonight and loved them. I will definately be doing them again.

AussieonIP 01-25-2012 08:26 PM

Hey all

Well tomorrow is the big day!!! Day 1 of the IP, Most excited!! My breakfast is out on the bench, cuppacino shake and a shot of nesspresso, lunch is packed - 1 packet, bag of lettuce, 4 celery sticks and 4 medium sized broccilli heads, snack at work will
Be a strawberry pudding, I have those bars but have decided to wait until week 4 before tucking into the restricted foods, also packed my vitamins, a little grape seed oil and sea salt!!!! Good bye 60 pounds forever!!!!

I quick question, it's was never answered in the newbie thread, Advil and tylenol is that allowed?

Cheers/S....