3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/25/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/251372-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-1-25-12-a.html)

JKfromIL 01-25-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublebaby (Post 4187635)
Yes!! Pants have gotten shorter as I've grown outward! Now they are getting longer. Very funny.

Yes! I now have to roll up the pant legs on my jeans. If I didn't they would get wet from the snow :)

Diamondonalandmine 01-25-2012 08:48 AM

Hmm, I'd like to join in on this if i could!?

doublebaby 01-25-2012 08:55 AM

Alternative Plan

ReadytobeHealthy
QuoteI start IP officially tomorrow!!! I am super excited and really really ready for this change. I have a ton of support and the place I get my food sells by the package. They tell you to do a boot camp your first few weeks and stick to Soups, Drinks and Puddings to take the most advantage. I have to do the Alternative plan because of my diabetes! I hope this goes as well as I hope. I will be checking in often and posting more I am sure!

Above is a quote from yesterdays chat, last page. I have a question regarding this if anyone can help me with this.
I was under the impression that the alternative plan for diabetes had been stopped per looking at information on this site. There were more things that you could have but for some reason they decided not to allow it any longer. I am not talking about the alternatives that some use instead of the IP brands because clearly ReadytobeHealthy is buying IP (her place sells by the package).
So, is this plan still used? I am wondering because my husband began a week after I did and he has Type 2 diabetes and has had a terrible time with his BS going so low that the coach said to do whatever it takes to keep from that. I think she was a little stymied by it going so low all the time. 46 at times! He has tried an extra bar among other things. He has all but gone off of IP packets for now but still eats what I eat but supplements with other healthy things for himself. ( I am the one who really needs to lose weight). He has a doctor appt. coming up to discuss with him about the diet and meds and will go from there. I have just heard so many saying they have gotten off of meds and was hopeful of some of that for him as well. Coach didn't mention the alternative but was going to talk to someone higher up but it didn't get that far when my husband began adding carbs to help his BS. Sorry about the ramble but my original question
1. Is there an alternative plan for diabetics?
2. Where do I find it on here?----Well I did but then it was mentioned it isn't used anylonger...
Thanks for any help.

doublebaby 01-25-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorilou (Post 4187667)
Good morning everyone! I had a social event last night that I had to attend for work. It was a dinner event at one of the areas best Italian restaurants and I was concerned about going. I had a plan and stuck with it. I ate my OP dinner in the car right before the event so I would be full. I was hoping it would be a buffet so I could sit as far away from it as possible. Well, it was a family style service. There was nothing I could nibble on as it was all stuffed pastas with cream sauces and merlot braised beef. Desert was blueberry cheesecake with homemade wipped cream and apple cobbler with carmel and ice cream. All of this food is being passed back and forth, me even having to pass it to others so it was right under my nose. I had the waiter take all my plates and silverware away so I couldn't taste it even if I wanted to. The interesting this is I really didn't want it. I was suprised how easy it was to just pass on it. I sat there and didn't care what people thought. I assumed they would conclude that I was on a special diet or something and no one said anything to me. I am proud of myself for making it through the event and coming out the other side stonger.

We all can do this if we just stay strong and true to ourselves!

Good luck to everyone today and have a fabulous OP day! :hug:

Great NSV for you! Proud of you!

Lorilou 01-25-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksmy (Post 4187645)
Third day OP. I am sick as a dog. Got to stick to the program even though I feel so bad.
Here's hoping you all have a great day!

Ducksmy - You will feel better soon. Keep that in the back of your mind to help push you through. We all are hear to support you so reach out to the group if you need support. Stay strong! :hug:

Momto2cs 01-25-2012 09:06 AM

Yesterday caadiancandy mentioned donairs

Somewhere on the recipe threads is a recipe for donairs salad or wraps...be creative! You can modify almost anything to make it ip compliant!

Hmmm, I am going to make donairs tonight!

Lorilou 01-25-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4187600)
Good morning!!

I hope everyone has a great day!! Things here are busy but good, I just realized how close our move is and how quickly it's coming up, and how much there still is to do!! Thankfully food is not something I'm having to stress over. I try to keep as much prepared and ready to go as I can.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is by far the easiest diet I have ever been on. On past diets (Curves, WW, calorie counting) I spend hours hunched over the computer planning everything out and then if you try to change something mid day watch out! Plus those plans weren't teaching me to stick with it, just that I could have a huge hunk of whatever as long as I deprived myself the rest of the day. Not to mention the fact that I never got results with those plans like I am getting with IP.

My new favorite purchase is the 3lb bag of broccoli from Sam's. I've had it over 2 weeks and it's still good, and SO easy to prepare. I just measure out 2 cups in my Pyrex measuring cup, rinse it off, cover, and microwave for 2 minutes. Bonus you can eat it out of the measuring cup and you've only dirtied 1 dish :) I've got 1 serving left that will probably be lunch today, but I love that it's all presliced and ready to go.

Also, has anyone else noticed that as they're losing weight they seem to be getting taller? Not literally of course, but all of my clothes (pants especially) that were far to short are now approaching normal length and the things that fit are now to long. I've got one pair of lounge capris that were above my knees when I started, and I put them on yesterday and they're halfway down my shins. I think it's because I have less butt / tummy to hold them up.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Moving is stressful and can strigger our need to eat but it sounds like you have a great plan and it is working for you. I know what you mean about the other diet plans. I was on WW and justified a hunk of cake by adjusting my food for the rest of the day. Not a healthy way to eat thats for sure! I notice my pants are getting longer too! It is so motivating to see the results of this plan so quickly. Have a wonderful OP day! :hug:

Lorilou 01-25-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublebaby (Post 4187688)
Great NSV for you! Proud of you!

Thank you doublebaby!

wyo1963 01-25-2012 09:25 AM

Good morning everyone. Congrats on the losses everyone! Love the picture WUV put out. I think I will make my self a set of those. We have a beautiful sunrise here this morning. Makes me smile. It's hump day too! Tried the fish last night, it was okay, just not a fish person I guess. That's okay. Having piggy and aspargus tonight. Have a great day everyone. Smile- it makes people wonder what you're up to!

MustangMolly 01-25-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4186415)
Here we are again at the same weight with the same goal. We are very close to onderland. See you on the other side. :hug:

Have a good Tuesday everyone and good luck to those with WI's today. I just got back and lost 1 pound this week. My coach wants me to start keeping a journal again as my weight loss seems to be slowing down just a bit. It's been forever since I was under 200 pounds, so she thinks it might be my body fighting it. She also wants me to give up the Mio as she's not a big fan of it. She said calorie wise it's fine, but she doesn't like what it does to the pancreas, so she prefer I just have water with a slice of lemon in it. Also I am not to go longer than 4 hours between protein, so I need to eat a hard boiled egg if it's been longer than 4 hours. She's the boss, so I'm back to the food journal again .:(

Hey Dana, I missed this yesterday and wanted to respond today. It is very exciting to be this close to onderland, I can't wait to "see you there"! I drink lots of Mio so I'll be interested to hear what cutting that out does for you. I think maybe I need to start using it as more of a treat instead of in all my water. Have a great rest of the week!

thin4me 01-25-2012 09:35 AM

Good morning everyone!
I have my weigh in tonight after work and hoping for some sort of loss since I've been back 100% OP after my xmas break.

As many know this is expensive and I'm planning to purchase alternatives for next week from Proteinwell in order to keep going. I realize there is an alternative link but wanted opinions before ordering it as I have to order by the box (Pat & Sandra - input please :)
I understand it is personal taste so I thought I'd mention my favorite IP Products that I order on a weekly basis:

Breakfast - Wildberry Yogurt, Herb & cheese omelette, Rice Cereal
Lunch - Broccoli & cheese soup, Chicken soup
Snack - Peanut Butter Crunch Bars or Southwest Cheese Curls (my favorite)

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm nervous to switch but at the same time cannot continue with IP otherwise

SomedayBubblySomeday 01-25-2012 09:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good Morning Everyone,

I just caught up on the past few days of posts and I'm so happy to see everyone's success! I had WI#7 yesterday, and was down another 3lbs, which seems to be my average. I have a goal of reaching 30lbs by Valentine's Day, so hopefully I will come close to that.
I've been playing around with recipes, and brought a few in to my Dr. yesterday--she was thrilled and made copies for everyone. She told me that so many people are missing having a sandwich! I am so happy that I can have one now, too :)
I am going to try making the bread out of the chicken soup this week. My next idea is to figure out some macaroni and cheese substitute, as I am really missing that. I thought about making the "pasta" out of the plain crepe mix, an egg white and some water, but I don't really know if it will work. Since I'm never going to use it anyway, it can't hurt to try. I will let you know if I am successful. I am so excited that my WF marinara is coming today! It really helps me to get my tomato fix!
I got the green light for exercise, so I can dust off the elliptical and give it a go for 10-15 min. I think that will really help me feel toned up and not cause me to need another packet.
So, good luck to all of you and stay strong!

SomedayBubblySomeday 01-25-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyo1963 (Post 4187744)
Good morning everyone. Congrats on the losses everyone! Love the picture WUV put out. I think I will make my self a set of those. We have a beautiful sunrise here this morning. Makes me smile. It's hump day too! Tried the fish last night, it was okay, just not a fish person I guess. That's okay. Having piggy and aspargus tonight. Have a great day everyone. Smile- it makes people wonder what you're up to!

I saw your post about spaghetti yesterday--order some miracle noodles or shiritake spaghetti!! The WF marinara is pretty good if you can get past the color :)

Chuckles1330 01-25-2012 09:44 AM

SomedayBubblySomeday - please post the recipe for the sandwich - it looks yummy!

I've had some challenges staying OP this week - not so much with temptation, but with organization and time. Last two nights I've had a packet for dinner (rather late) but no veggies. Obviously have to get myself more organized, and I have a question - can you prepare things like pudding packages in advance and have them keep well in the fridge?

Day 12...

wyo1963 01-25-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday (Post 4187778)
I saw your post about spaghetti yesterday--order some miracle noodles or shiritake spaghetti!! The WF marinara is pretty good if you can get past the color :)

Thank you for the info. I will look on WF site for it. Have a great day!:D