3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/25/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/251372-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-1-25-12-a.html)

SomedayBubblySomeday 01-25-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindac36 (Post 4187955)
Congratulations on the WI! And...how did you make the bread for that sandwich? (I might have missed it if you shared it earlier. Haven't had much time on 'the chat' the last couple of days.) Thanks

Thank you for the congrats! I posted the recipe a little while ago--it's on page 3 of this thread. If you have a sandwich maker, it really makes it seem like bread :)

lindac36 01-25-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperatetolosegirl (Post 4187810)
Hi, I am new to the site and this forum. Started IP on Jan 6 2012 and lost 12 lbs is 3 weeks.
W#1: -6; W#2: -4; W#3: -2
A bit diapppointed with only 2 lbs lost. I have 17 more to go!! I am motivated and want to stick to this diet. Just a bit worried if I will reach my goal.

think about joining the January/February Challenge. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UVVdwaVE#gid=0

Pxlkitty is the 'go to' girl if you have questions or problems.

lindac36 01-25-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danni1 (Post 4187906)
I had my second weigh in last night, down 2.6 lbs and 1.75 inches! I feel like I am in the race with the tortoise and the hare. So many people want to be that hare, racing to get to the end of their weight loss and trying short cuts or not sticking to plan. I'm that tortoise, every week I don't gain is a win. If I keep up the hard work and steady pace I will come out the winner in the end! And I can't wait to finish this race!

The 'tortoise and the hare' pretty much sums up the whole process here. I have the same feelings. I am just starting the fourth week, so almost the same. I remember the first week I was so anxious to have a 10 pound loss, didn't happen, Lisa put my world back on the right tilt with just a few words, and since then I have been happy with any loss. It's true, if we keep up the work, it will pay off in the end. Well said!

DanafromAustin 01-25-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4187758)
Hey Dana, I missed this yesterday and wanted to respond today. It is very exciting to be this close to onderland, I can't wait to "see you there"! I drink lots of Mio so I'll be interested to hear what cutting that out does for you. I think maybe I need to start using it as more of a treat instead of in all my water. Have a great rest of the week!

I'll let you know how my non Mio week goes. I did peek at the scale today after my very clean way of eating yesterday (got in all of my water with lemon only) and I lost a pound. Now it may be consistence, time will tell this week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperatetolosegirl (Post 4187810)
Hi, I am new to the site and this forum. Started IP on Jan 6 2012 and lost 12 lbs is 3 weeks.
W#1: -6; W#2: -4; W#3: -2
A bit diapppointed with only 2 lbs lost. I have 17 more to go!! I am motivated and want to stick to this diet. Just a bit worried if I will reach my goal.

Don't be disappointed as the 3rd week is generally a slower weight loss week due to how much most people loose the first two weeks. Also you are pretty close to goal, so your weight loss might be slower than average. I know my daughter is down to the last 5 pounds and it's going painfully slow for her.

Shemsham 01-25-2012 11:14 AM

Yesterday was a challenge for lunch- eating out for a meeting. I was able to find a IP salad - steak sliced on top of romain with tomatoes, no blue cheese, onions or dressing. I have been really sparing with my tomatoes ( I love them) so it was such a treat I hardly missed the dressing. It's funny how at a reastruant that I've eaten at a million times I was concerned about finding something on plan - because I'm not usually looking past the burger menu :-) but there were actually a couple of choices that would have worked !

~Tammy

caja5152 01-25-2012 11:17 AM

Can we use Crystal Light, Splenda or Truvia?? Having a tough time with plain water and black coffee...

mamacitaof2 01-25-2012 11:18 AM

Sharing per request. This is how I made mine, you can change it anyway you like. I'm kind of boring when it comes to food. I like quick and easy.

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
1 8oz frozen crab
2 large portabello mushrooms
Seasoning of choice
EVOO or spray butter
Warm the crab in the microwave with some EVOO or spray butter or you can warm it over the stove with your daily oil allowance. I try to shred it while I'm cooking. it makes it easier to suff into the mushroom. Season to taste with your favorite seasonings.

I place the salt the mushrooms and then place them on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Then I remove them and dig out the brown stuff (it just gross' me out, but you can choose to eat it).

Then I stuff the mushroom with the crab and bake in the over another 5-10 minutes.

I don't include other veggies because the two big mushrooms are sufficient.

doublebaby 01-25-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST (Post 4187813)
Here is the sticky for the alternative phases, it may be a little old

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-phases-4.html

Thank you for the information. That is definately what I had read before and was intrigued about it. I just left it alone after I think I read it was no longer in use. But still wondering if it is officially given out. Thanks again
2RIDEROLLERCOAST.

Lorilou 01-25-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 (Post 4188003)
Sharing per request. This is how I made mine, you can change it anyway you like. I'm kind of boring when it comes to food. I like quick and easy.

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
1 8oz frozen crab
Seasoning of choice
EVOO or spray butter
Warm the crab in the microwave with some EVOO or spray butter or you can warm it over the stove with your daily oil allowance. I try to shred it while I'm cooking. it makes it easier to suff into the mushroom. Season to taste with your favorite seasonings.

I place the salt the mushrooms and then place them on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Then I remove them and dig out the brown stuff (it just gross' me out, but you can choose to eat it).

Then I stuff the mushroom with the crab and bake in the over another 5-10 minutes.

This sounds fantastic! I will definantly be trying this soon!

lindac36 01-25-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caja5152 (Post 4188002)
Can we use Crystal Light, Splenda or Truvia?? Having a tough time with plain water and black coffee...

I found that adding a little EAS carb control French Vanilla drink in my coffee takes care of that. They are sold everywhere in the vitamin/weight control area. Alot of people use the cappuccino drink as an additive as well. Also we can use the Torino sugar free flavorings (I like the caramel in my coffee too). And we can use Splenda and Stevia, I don't know about the other things. Hope that helps.

Giniwarrior 01-25-2012 11:30 AM

I am posting this on two threads the daily and the one about cheating because it seem to be spilling over into each one.

It was interesting following this thread. People get pretty upset. One way to look at this is remembering we are foodaholics. Just like alcoholics some times people, "Fall of the wagon." You dont condone it but support them to get back on track. I have lost 60lbs and have been 100% OP. But, I do understand. Also, if it had been 10yrs ago I probably would have struggled too. I say, good for you for trying to change your lives! Even if you have fits and starts. I do notice that some coaches are stricter than others but ultimately you are your own coach. Regardless of what they say just follow the program guidelines. As to what is allowed and what isn't. At the bottom of the outline they give you the first day it says if its 0/0/0 its allowed. Like MIO and crystal lite with splenda and Torani's sugar free syrup. The only person that can stand in your way is you. Be kind and understanding. Everyone needs support. And unless you have walked in the other persons shoes you dont know what drives them. If you want the best results stay on program. And for those 100% OP it is an admirable undertaking. Congrats!! So, relax:-)

Renewing Myself 01-25-2012 11:30 AM

Lorilou - I notice in your signature about the water retention, what did you do to drop the water weight? My initial weigh in + last weeks weigh in my coach said I had quite a lot of water still. I have my second weigh in tomorrow and look forward to seeing if it has gone down. I am thinking not as I only show about 2 lbs less on the scale and for my second week I thought my weight loss would be a bit higher.

ATeam 01-25-2012 11:31 AM

We had our second official weigh in on Monday, as a couple we lost 9.4 for the week for a total of 28.6 pounds and that's for only two weeks. Does this work or what.

Thanks to all all of you for your inspiration.

Renewing Myself 01-25-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rissimo (Post 4187513)
Good Morning IPeeps:

I would like to thank all of you for the congratulations, job well dones and like the new pictures that was given to me yesterday. I was not able to get back on much after I posted yesterday morning due to work load and when I go home my computer had a worm so I was not able to log on then either.

Congratulations to those who had losses yesterday to those who stayed on OP. For those who are a little concerned for "only" losing a small amount....it is going to happen, you are not going to have a big loss every week. You may have small losses for awhile and then one day the WHOOSH Fairy will hit and give you a good loss. And some people lose at a slower rate than others. Do not get discouraged, not matter how small a loss is, it is still a loss and a victory. At least it did not go up. This plan does work as long as you follow it to the T and don't cheat. The foods and drinks are always going to be here. They will never go away and we are always going to be tempted, but as long as your heart and mind are set on losing weight then you can do it. But you have to be honest with yourself. Eating this strict is only temporary, once you meet goal and coninue on to the last phase, you can have your foods and drinks again in moderation. This is not a paln that is saying that this is the way that you have to eat for the rest of your life, not a plan that is saying that you are never ever going to beable to have this or that again. It is a plan that is saying that you are teaching yourself how to eat properly and better and learn to eat in moderation. I have had friends try to tempt me into eating this or that, because a little will not hurt anything, but it will. Just thinking about having to go thru the first 3 days again....NO THANK YOU. It will be there when I am finished and I will join you then

Sorry about the rambling....I'll stop now.

Good Luck with those who have weigh in's today. Have a great day everyone.

Thank you for this! I needed a bit of a reality check this morning!

3mama 01-25-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 (Post 4188003)

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
1 8oz frozen crab
Seasoning of choice
EVOO or spray butter

Thank you so much! Those sound so yummy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublebaby (Post 4188013)
Thank you for the information. That is definately what I had read before and was intrigued about it. I just left it alone after I think I read it was no longer in use. But still wondering if it is officially given out. Thanks again
2RIDEROLLERCOAST.

I have no experience with the alternative/diabetic plan, but at the orientation meeting with my doctor she said to let her know if you were diabetic because then you would need an extra carb, fruit, and dairy. So they are still using it. This was only last week.