Old 01-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #46  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Well good news is that it stopped snowing. But the bad news is that its now freezing rain. The roads are horrific!! But just like yesterday. As soon as I make it to work. The cancel things. Ugh.... So I'm gonna go to work with the bf. Hes a driver for fedex... So this should be tons of fun! I'm thankful my step father took me the mountains all the time to teach me how to drive in this Yucky stuff! But I do have to say its nice to keep up with all the guys and their huge pick up trucks... Anyways. I know that this has nothing to do with IP. But this would explain why i haven't been around!!

Last edited by JellyMae87; 01-19-2012 at 01:21 PM.
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Welcome back Jelly, I was sending you 'be safe thoughts' yesterday!

Glad to know your ok. Have fun with the BF
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Small NSV....I am a jewelry girl. I love my sterling silver and I feel naked without some sort of silver adornment on me, everyday. After losing so much weight, I found many of my beautiful rings (and bracelets) no longer fit me correctly. Most of those I have been able to move up a finger. I have several that I can't wear AT ALL but can be resized...I just have to get that done. One special ring of mine (not resizeable) that I only wore on my right pinkie (only finger it fit), two rectangular shaped lapis stones in an elongated setting, became so loose I thought it would fall off. This morning I pulled it out and slipped it right onto my ring finger. Me so happy!
SO I tried on my pinkie ring... Didn't work, couldn't get it past my knuckle...almost forgot about it and then jumped out of bed at 10 pm last night and tried it on. I thought "oh well CAT, I'll re-size it for my ring or pinkie when I'm done". So I thought of you right before bed last night, kinda laughed a bit. This site has definately become part of my daily routine, not sure where I would be without it.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #49  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 164/127/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone,

I haven't been around for awhile as work's kept me away, but I'm still on IP and kicking butt. I actually moved into phase 3 two days ago and it's SO MUCH FUN yet it really seems like so much food!

Just wanted to say hello and give a little boost of encouragement to those who are still mid journey. I lost 35 pounds in three months, and the main reason why it came off so fast is because I DID NOT CHEAT. Not Once. Not little bites of cheese here and there, or crackers, or cream in my coffee, or glasses of wine- NOTHING. It was challenging, but now I'm DONE and not still on these boards, posting about why my weight is up and down and wondering why I can't get it off, all the while eating little cheats the whole time. JUST DON'T DO IT!

I know some of you don't need that sort of "tough love" and that you're 100% OP and cruising along. Good for you! But for those of you who cheat, post about it, and are sad, it's up to you to make the change.

All right, enough lecturing from me! Time to head to my WI. We'll see if the transition phases kept the weight off or bumped me back up.

Cheers,
Allison
Fizzyizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #50  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzyizzy View Post
Hi everyone,

I haven't been around for awhile as work's kept me away, but I'm still on IP and kicking butt. I actually moved into phase 3 two days ago and it's SO MUCH FUN yet it really seems like so much food!

Just wanted to say hello and give a little boost of encouragement to those who are still mid journey. I lost 35 pounds in three months, and the main reason why it came off so fast is because I DID NOT CHEAT. Not Once. Not little bites of cheese here and there, or crackers, or cream in my coffee, or glasses of wine- NOTHING. It was challenging, but now I'm DONE and not still on these boards, posting about why my weight is up and down and wondering why I can't get it off, all the while eating little cheats the whole time. JUST DON'T DO IT!

I know some of you don't need that sort of "tough love" and that you're 100% OP and cruising along. Good for you! But for those of you who cheat, post about it, and are sad, it's up to you to make the change.

All right, enough lecturing from me! Time to head to my WI. We'll see if the transition phases kept the weight off or bumped me back up.

Cheers,
Allison
Just wanted to let you know I lost 50 pounds the same exact way you listed. Then I phased off and that is where the gains came from. I knew I wasn't done when I phased off but felt it was best before vacation. Now that I'm restarting it's much harder. That is the case for most of us in this thread. So, we know what works and what doesn't. And if you ever decide you need to do it once again, then you come tell us how easy it is.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzyizzy View Post
Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Allison
Love Love Love your frankness. I have wanted to say the same thing many times-If you don't follow protocol 100%, don't whine. There is no magic to it, just do it and get done!
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Just wanted to let you know I lost 50 pounds the same exact way you listed. Then I phased off and that is where the gains came from. I knew I wasn't done when I phased off but felt it was best before vacation. Now that I'm restarting it's much harder. That is the case for most of us in this thread. So, we know what works and what doesn't. And if you ever decide you need to do it once again, then you come tell us how easy it is.
Lindsey,
I too struggle-especially after "going off" over the holidays. I am back at it, have lost my holiday weight-10 pounds and plan on another 10. Yikes-bottom line is we do know what works-sticking to the plan. Nice to have these discussion boards to confess, reach out for sympathy, and get suggestions. Hope you have a great on plan weekend and that your cold goes away quickly. Our weather here is above zero today! yippee! You usually get our weather a day or 2 after we get it and baby it's been coooooold here this week.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #53  

Hey Hey Everyone,

Just went to the doc for my three months 'check in while on IP'. She's so excited for me and we reviewed AHhhhGAIN the protocol and she absolutely LOVES what I'm doing. I told her she was my best defense against anyone who didn't like my plan and what I was doing I can say "my doctor knows EVERYTHING and she's supportive AND happy!". She actually said "ask them to decide if you are healthy now or before"...which is what my inner voice always wants to say but when a friend is coming from a place of love/friendship it's hard to use my inner voice...even if I know my inner voice to be true. She also doesn't think I'm losing it to fast she said "it's that you're eating healthy and you weren't before, simple as that". We started swapping recipes! haha

My coach told me to check in with my doctor. She isn't in a medical clinic. But because so many of you guys in the states get support from someone in the medical profession I decided to go to her. I layed it all out and actively looked for her support. THEN asked her for a blood work medical chit for every three months to keep my thumb on the pulse of my journey. I even asked if I should be going monthly (she laughed and said no every three months is fine for you). We talked about my goal and how "I know it's not in my BMI" she said "don't worry about BMI's, they don't always fit the body type you need to be in a place that you're comfortable" I told her how my mom had problems staying at 160 so that's why I picked 165...she agreed it was a great goal.

Oh, and as of today I've been off the last pill for a week. I was off two of them within 6 weeks....I'M DRUG FREE!!!

Kinda doing the happy dance right now!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #54  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Good morning everyone.....Apologies but I don't have time to reply to posts this morning....just wanted to say HI. But Ishbel!!!!!!! I am so very happy for you!

Had a completely "off" day yesterday, mentally and physically. No problems with following my diet...just everything seemed off. Unfortunately, my doctor's appt didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Lots of good news but I got some unexpected not so good news and its totally thrown me into a "mental funk". Still trying to absorb it all......but get this, at 51 years of age, I have no estrogen. For the second time in my life, I have had a doctor tell me that I was a "special recipe". You might think that's a good thing, but put yourself in shoes....its not!

But it's the weekend. Here shortly I have a hot date with a yoga mat and then I'm off to New Orleans to visit with my oldest and dearest friend before my hot date in the city with my new beau. How's that for changing perspectives? Know that I will be battling that temptation for a glass (or two) of Pinot Grigio.......hoping my yoga class sets me straight.

Best to all.......be grateful and be happy!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

WHOO HOO for bootcamp, down 4.8lbs baby! Was contemplating doing boot camp again this week to ensure going under 200 but i missed them too much so i got 2, one for today and one for tomorrow...she also had the lemon soy puffs so i wanted to try those.

She also told me they got the email about the new mashed potatoes but i told her to find out how much carbs they have for me to decide if i want to try them or not cause if they're like the cookies, that's too much carbs to be worth it. And i'm happy enough with my mashed cauliflowers.

I was also talking to her about dh wanting to start with alternative products, he only has about 20lbs to lose..but she remembered that i once told her he was diabetic so she gave me all 4 phases for diabetics which is totally different. So we'll go to walmart today to find alternative products to use. Shouldn't take him too long to get it done!

Ishbel - So glad your dr. was so impressed and made you confident that what you are doing is perfect and how you don't have to justify yourself to anyone! You're totally my role model on this

Have a great week-end everyone!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Had a completely "off" day yesterday, mentally and physically. No problems with following my diet...just everything seemed off. Unfortunately, my doctor's appt didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Lots of good news but I got some unexpected not so good news and its totally thrown me into a "mental funk". Still trying to absorb it all......but get this, at 51 years of age, I have no estrogen. For the second time in my life, I have had a doctor tell me that I was a "special recipe". You might think that's a good thing, but put yourself in shoes....its not!
Awe CAT, I'm sorry that your doctor's visit wasn't really all that great. Sending you thoughts today... Yoga will help you today, I believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
WHOO HOO for bootcamp, down 4.8lbs baby! Was contemplating doing boot camp again this week to ensure going under 200 but i missed them too much so i got 2, one for today and one for tomorrow...she also had the lemon soy puffs so i wanted to try those.
HOLY SMACKERS GIRL! You're so SO close to onderland...what a fantastic loss this week. You are consistenly losing AWESOME numbers!!! I can't get over it!!! You're my hero! lol
Old 01-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Try some new things to get interested in ip aging. I have been back on phase 1 since jan 2. Pretty much op!

To keep interested I have been trying the recipes this time around. I just had 3 amazing blueberry muffins made from the blueberry pudding. Who knew??!! Sometimes it is nice to have food that needs chewing!!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #58  

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday morning everyone. Had an "ok" weekend. Wasn't totally legal but wasn't as out of hand as last weekend. I had a nice weight on the scale this morning so I'm going to be 100% and try and make it even better. Nothing like a good scale day to keep you on track. The roads were horrible this morning. I was a little late for work but I'd rather drive slow and get here then kill myself trying to make it on time.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Wow, we sure are a chatty bunch! lol.

Lynsey - Glad you had a good week-end!

Yesterday was my youngest son's bday (can't believe i now have 2 teenagers)..made his bday cake (chocolate cake with chocolate mousse in the middle covered in chocolate icing).looked really good. Then we ordered in chicken for lunch which of course had none (i know i could've switched lunch and dinner but i really like to eat dinner). And i had no problems at all...i really get a lot of joy out of people enjoying the food i prepare.

Had the lemon soy puffs....not super crazy about them, like the chocolate better.

TOM is supposed to show up this week, keep preparing myself that i probably won't reach onederland this week..but its ok..it will come!

Have a great day everyone!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #60  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Well hello everyone... So far the week has been normal. But saw that we could have snow back in the forecast soon... I'm sure it will be nothing like this last storm!! And a decent weekend... Had to work for half of it!! LOL but I'm still chugging along.
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote