Old 01-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Wow Jelly, you guys sure are having a ****ty winter!

It was super cold this past week-end (-20+)..and today...rain..which makes everything super slippery!

TOM showed up this morning along with lots of cramping so just want this day to be over so that i can go home and take a nice hot bath!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Everyone,

So those of you doing this diet with a family...my full respect! I have been making suppers for the VIP and his son here and there. But generally they just eat what I give them and I might make some rice if the kidlet is there but if it's just me and the VIP then he gets the meat and the salad lol.

So since he's in renovation mode with no kitchen I'm 'trying to help' by making him some meals to get him through. I made him the club house pulled pork and OH MY GOSH!!! I miss pulled pork....a lot. He was chewing away and looking at me "seriously babe, it's not that good" as he licked his fingers LOL.

So I did some researching and had a friend FIND a diabetic pulled pork recipe that I'll be trying in the next 2-3 weeks!! WOOT WOOT!! I told him it's a risk...hopefully it's good...if it's good then he won't be having the club house packet one EVER AGAIN! lol If it's not good then....oh well! lol

So if you want the recipe let me know, otherwise you can wait until I try it and give you the news!

busymom sorry you feel yucky

Last edited by Ishbel; 01-24-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies 3rd WI and down another 3.2!! So glad $$ issues got a little better and I am able to get back to business with this again. Sounds like everyone is having some great victories. Stay safe and warm and have a wonderful day
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #64  

Height: 5'4"

Having a horrible day! My grandpa had hip replacement surgery this morning and my grandma (on the other side) is back in the hospital and her cancer has spread to her bones. I can't go see either of them because my cold is worse than ever! Super bummed!

As far as eating goes, it's been right on. I saw an even better number this morning so I'm hoping to have an awesome weigh in Thursday!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #65  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post

So if you want the recipe let me know, otherwise you can wait until I try it and give you the news!
I'd love to have it. Googled but would rather have your recommendation.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I'd love to have it. Googled but would rather have your recommendation.
Hey Hey Linden!

So this is the link...I haven't gone to the bulk barn to check out the carb count in some of the ingredients...but I figure I could mix it all up in a bowl and throw it in a slow cooker just like the club house packet. I will use regular vinegar (prolly 1/3 cup like CH says), brown sugar splenda.

http://www.dailystrength.org/groups/...ssages/3754402

Obviously no buns...what do you think of the recipe? You're on the up and up on nutritional data let me know what you think! It looks doable for sure...but really I've only just re-learned to cook. At 305 lbs I was NOT planning ahead for meals OR playing with spices LOL.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #67  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

That looks sooooo good. Let us know how it is when you try it. DH has been trying to find a pulled pork recipe that I could use too.
frazzledmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

To all the experienced posters gathered here - I want to be like you when I grow up.....well since I am pretty grown up....how about when I have been on this journey as long as each of you. I really am not a stalker, I am just admiring from afar....still I want to be little-r like you all. You all remind me what is possible. Thank you.

I have been looking for a home on the boards and have become frustrated with some of the craziness that seems to have infected the daily chat since the new year started. Truthfully, I kind of miss the threads at the end of the year when Wuv would post "where is everyone?" Board was slower, but the content seemed richer somehow.

Vent complete. Time to fold the laundry so I can finish packing for the weekend. Sigh, I feel better now.
ptod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #69  

Good morning ipeeps. The scale is being good to me this week. Can't mention numbers in fear of jinxing myself but I will report right away in the morning.

Ptod, I haven't been in the daily chat for months so I don't know what's going on. Good luck to you and I wish you much success.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Having a horrible day! My grandpa had hip replacement surgery this morning and my grandma (on the other side) is back in the hospital and her cancer has spread to her bones. I can't go see either of them because my cold is worse than ever! Super bummed!

As far as eating goes, it's been right on. I saw an even better number this morning so I'm hoping to have an awesome weigh in Thursday!
I'm sorry that you're going through that Lynsey...I hope you feel better so you can go visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
To all the experienced posters gathered here - I want to be like you when I grow up.....well since I am pretty grown up....how about when I have been on this journey as long as each of you. I really am not a stalker, I am just admiring from afar....still I want to be little-r like you all. You all remind me what is possible. Thank you.

I have been looking for a home on the boards and have become frustrated with some of the craziness that seems to have infected the daily chat since the new year started. Truthfully, I kind of miss the threads at the end of the year when Wuv would post "where is everyone?" Board was slower, but the content seemed richer somehow.

Vent complete. Time to fold the laundry so I can finish packing for the weekend. Sigh, I feel better now.
Welcome! To be honest we're not that much of a chatty bunch LOL but we're here...speaking for myself, I moved here after the daily chat became nutzo too...I couldn't keep up anymore. So it's a little more chilled out here lol

Welcome!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Good luck to you and I wish you much success.
Quote:
Welcome! To be honest we're not that much of a chatty bunch LOL but we're here...speaking for myself, I moved here after the daily chat became nutzo too...I couldn't keep up anymore. So it's a little more chilled out here lol

Welcome!
I am not terribly chatty either, post occasionally & just find strength from posts on days I need some support/distraction. Thank you for being welcoming.

btw - I was not expecting to become shorter on this journey. After a tiring search, I finally found some dress pants that fit, but they were petite. I told my DH about the experience & of being frustrating and he looked at me like I just arrived on the planet. He said, duh, since you are loosing your tukas your pants no longer have to go horizontally before they fall vertically to the floor. I burst out laughing. Men.... ..........

Hope you all have a great day!
ptod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #72  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
I am not terribly chatty either, post occasionally & just find strength from posts on days I need some support/distraction. Thank you for being welcoming.

btw - I was not expecting to become shorter on this journey. After a tiring search, I finally found some dress pants that fit, but they were petite. I told my DH about the experience & of being frustrating and he looked at me like I just arrived on the planet. He said, duh, since you are loosing your tukas your pants no longer have to go horizontally before they fall vertically to the floor. I burst out laughing. Men.... ..........

Hope you all have a great day!
That is too funny... Hmmmmm but so true. Smile.
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #73  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
You're on the up and up on nutritional data let me know what you think! It looks doable for sure...but really I've only just re-learned to cook. At 305 lbs I was NOT planning ahead for meals OR playing with spices LOL.
This looks heavenly. The only thing I wondered about was the liquid smoke and the salt, but you use so little of it.

And it makes me a bit sad. I actually packed liquid smoke to send over before I got here and it was in the one box that didn't get here. I am really missing Hawai'ian kalua pork. (And my cheap version of smoked salmon.)
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #74  

Good morning. This morning for my 3rd weigh in since my restart I am down 6.2 pounds! That means I have lost the 13 I gained and another 0.2 to get me started for the last 15-20 pounds I want to lose. So, hereI am, 0.2 less than I was before starting phase 3 last time. Here's to making it to goal this time! It only took me 3 short weeks to lose what I put back on. That makes me happy. I am now hoping for 2 a week to finish me off. I'm not thinking I'll have a great weigh in next week because TOM will be just days away and it's hard to have 2 big ones in a row in this stage. So, I'm looking at new territory next week possibly. The 140s! Never seen them in my adult life. Heck, it's probably been since 5th grade....seriously!

And yes, this was with a small slip up Saturday. Just want those of you who have had some ups and donws lately know that if you get right back on, don't let the one thing turn into many, you can do this!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #75  

Hello All...
SO REFRESHING to find this post!!!
.... I am so glad to find my old friends again coming back after the holiday break. Dont mean to sing the same song, but suffice to say that after being OP the first time, coming back after the holidays is a tough start with a few false re-starts. Realized how much I need the support on here to get back on the horse. Lindsey, we were in the same boat in the fall, and here we are again...So nice to see you! Gettingmygrooveback, you have had some wise words I needed to hear. Just wanted to say THANKS, and put my commitment in writing.
tjlhj is offline   Reply With Quote