Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CysterLeanne View Post
I am so glad there are more of us that have PCOS on this plan!!! Gives me so much hope!!! For those of you that have PCOS how many of you are on metformin (either for type 2 or just for PCOS)? I am on 2000mg right now JUST for PCOS and wondering if you are on it how it's effecting you? Thanks
I'm on Metformin, same dose as you, for PCOS. I still disagree that I need to be on it, half the time it makes me feel strange....dizzy and almost sick. I actually have an appointment today, so we'll see what she says about the diet.

My mother in law is diabetic, and she just started maintenance right around Thanksgiving. She's really the one that motivated me to look into it more, she did awesome. She is off ALL of her insulin and is now taking only Metformin. She was on insulin shots for over 20 years! We're so proud of her.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 219/212/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Have a great week everyone! Weekends are brutal - kids watching movies and having popcorn, birthday parties, playing in the snow and having cookies and milk afterwards, etc, etc. ....these are some of my weekend struggles, but I've been spot on program for a week....

WK 1 WI results: -10.8! Lemme hear a WHOOP! LOL!

Have a great day, stay strong, drink your water...and DON'T CHEAT! To those getting going on week one, hang in there, week 2 is JUST around the corner!
That is amazing! congrats!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Arg... I have been wanting to snack, and I'm constantly hungry. Its a classic PMS symptom for me, so I think that lovely little pain in the buttocks is approaching. I don't think I've lost any weight this week, and I'm not looking forward to my next WI for that reason. I have not cheated, but... This diet isn't working for me like it does for everyone else. I'm very discouraged.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #64  

S/C/G: S 242 / C 226 / G 180

Height: 5' 10"

I keep seeing that some of you eat "boiled egg whites". Wondering - do you hard boil the egg and then just get rid of the yolk or are you doing something else.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
Arg... I have been wanting to snack, and I'm constantly hungry. Its a classic PMS symptom for me, so I think that lovely little pain in the buttocks is approaching. I don't think I've lost any weight this week, and I'm not looking forward to my next WI for that reason. I have not cheated, but... This diet isn't working for me like it does for everyone else. I'm very discouraged.
It's not easy. If it were easy, we'd all be skinny and never have to diet! YOU CAN DO IT. Wait until your PMS symptoms are gone and over with before you decide if it's working! (And please be here to tell me this next week when my weight loss isn't what I expect!)

This is my first day. I've been lurking a lot, so I know that when it's that time, it gets harder. But...it will pass. I actually started today and told my husband when he was home over lunch that it just wasn't fair I had to do both at the same time!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Challenges

Stick with it!

I keep telling myself to stick with it- these feelings will subside.

My husband is supportive of me, as well as my choice to do IP. However, his food choices are still not very good. Example- went to see a horse show yesterday and he and my daughter brought back a snack of soft pretzels and cheese- one of my old favorites. I did not cheat, nor did I take even a small bite.

Are others challenged by others in your household's food choices? I am finding that at times, it has been fine, other times very hard and I end up being !
Old 01-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Ok, I read this and I really don't want to sound gruff (so apologies ahead of time if I do). This is an individual diet that works differently for every person. I am not going to feel the same, look the same, lose the same as anyone else because it is how my body processes the diet. My first two weeks I lost 4.5 lbs then after that consistently less, however in 5 weeks I have lost 15 lbs which is what they say is "average". I have lost a ton of inches and feel awesome. I have went down two sizes and I can see a huge difference. This is how I know it is working. I understand you are discouraged but how discouraged would you be if you weren't on the diet, eating very badly and still gaining? Take the time to invest in the program. It will work. I know people throw big numbers out there but that doesn't mean they are doing anything better or that your are doing anything wrong. Just a difference in our how bodies work. I encourage you to stay off the scale (except for WI), stick to the plan (no cheating) and you will see results. Don't compare yourself to anyone else! You are doing this for you and your are worth it!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
When you say it isn't working for you like everyone else - can you give us some stats to go by? How long have you been on IP? Maybe a sample menu? We are here to help.

TOM is difficult. I lost 1 pound the last 2 weeks and THIS week is TOM and I didn't drop a pound. DO NOT give up. I am upping my water this week (I did not think that was possible!) not having any restrictives and making sure I take all supps. I find when I take my supps, the losses are bigger.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

WI day. Down another 3 lbs~ 15 lbs in 5 weeks. I am very happy with my results. 2 pant sizes gone. Yahoo! AND I am no longer obese I am now "overfat" LOL! I read that after my WI and had a huge laugh outburst. I have also had so many people in the last several days telling me "you look so skinny!" Ahhhh, music to my ears. Helps hearing those things when I am a hormonal crazy person right now. Seriously wanting to "snack" but not hungry. I have worked through it but DARN YOU HORMONES! Congrats to all the WI and NSV for the day! Keep up the good work. It works if you work it!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #70  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
Thanks guys I thought I was going to only lose about 3lbs!

My headache this morning, however, might not be connected to ketosis. I have a fever of 101.2 ): My mom is trying to make me quit the diet.
I don't think you should quit the protocol, but I do think you should listen to you body. If you have a fever you should get more fluids and definitely get more rest. You'll get dehydrated easily if you don't watch it and that is a If you feel like you need to stop this though it's alright...we're here and you can always return when you feel better.

Just so you know...I started this when I wasn't feeling 100%. I am still losing weight and I haven't gotten worse. Hopefully with rest you'll get better soon.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #71  
C'est la vie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Have a great week everyone! Weekends are brutal - kids watching movies and having popcorn, birthday parties, playing in the snow and having cookies and milk afterwards, etc, etc. ....these are some of my weekend struggles, but I've been spot on program for a week....

WK 1 WI results: -10.8! Lemme hear a WHOOP! LOL!

Have a great day, stay strong, drink your water...and DON'T CHEAT! To those getting going on week one, hang in there, week 2 is JUST around the corner!
Yay YOU!! WTG!!! Gotta love those losses!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

I'm definitely not quitting!

My mom is just worried about me, that's all. She's doubted this diet from the start and me being sick just gave her reason to try and make me quit. I'm determined to lose this weight, though!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #73  
C'est la vie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
I'm definitely not quitting!

My mom is just worried about me, that's all. She's doubted this diet from the start and me being sick just gave her reason to try and make me quit. I'm determined to lose this weight, though!
You know I think people fear what they don't know. My mother is the same way, which is why I haven't told her what I'm doing. She lives two doors down from us, but I just don't want to get into it with her about all of this. I'm thriving at the moment. For the first time in ages my migraines are not happening all the time. I feel fantastic. I have TONS of energy now. I wake up before my alarm (that's a first for me!) I wake up early on the weekends even and I seem to have a clearer mind nowadays.

Give your mom lots of love and maybe a bit of education about what your doing...she'll come around if she sees you getting healthier...possibly...we never really know when it comes to our moms but for the most part most of us still love them
Old 01-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #74  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

I'm so hungry today! AHHH.
Water water water!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 209/209/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Does anyone have a phase 1 grocery list?
Check out the Starting IP thread. Near the bottom of the 5th page (I believe) wuv has a link to a grocery list thread.
Closed Thread