Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Today was the start of week 3 for me. Going well.. i have been recieving so much support from friends and family, just gives me more motivation to keep going.

Question... what kind of scale does everyone use? i bought one and it broke. It was a cheap one. So, I'm just wondering what's a good scale and where do i get?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
Is there a thread on here for those of us on IP who have PCOS? I just got back from the doctor and she has never heard of the diet and said "we'll see if it works. Call me when you hit your goal." She said it kind of snarky. I think I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I left. I'd like to compare with other PCOS peeps to see how their meds needed adjusted, etc.

You could have said; "Stay tuned and I'll do just that"!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #138  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana chick View Post
Thanks!! I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight. I am too excited. Good luck with your weight loss. Ideal protein works if you follow the plan.
Congratulations!!! Great job!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #139  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBNJENNISANDWICH View Post
Yay! Good to see it continue going down! I have my second WI in three days and hoping I'll have a loss too. I've been staying OP so I'm pretty confident.
Thanks. This program realy works if you stick with it.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Day 10 today and STARVING all afternoon. Had an early dinner and hope that takes care of things! Still have a shake to go so that should help too...Glad I made it through...NSV for sure!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #141  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1 View Post
Check out the Starting IP thread. Near the bottom of the 5th page (I believe) wuv has a link to a grocery list thread.
Is that part of the sticky for newbies?
Old 01-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie64 View Post
Ladies need advice, encouragement and support.
WI #6 1.0 down WI #7 1.8 down so happy, 2.6 from original goal, at 90%, yeah me again.
Mad cuz I thought my long distance coach would have been a little more happy for me. I know pitty party. I guess she didn't have my headaches or will power to say no so I should be happy in my achievement, but I expected a little acknowledgement. Oh well
Sad and scared because I need to go to phase 2 and I am scared to death!!!!! I have gotten into the routine of Phase one and have got it!!! But now I have to on to phase 2 and I just feel I am gonna screw up and yoyo!!! Failure is not an option! I am a nurse and I have done this great thing for me so logically I know I am smart enough to do this but saying NO you cant is easier then having to put so much thought into it. Anyone else have any advice or guidance they can offer?????

You need to celebrate your achievement. You are at an excellent weight for your height. I haven't gotten to the phasing off stage yet but have been following when anyone posts about it. Most people say stage 2 is not too much different than stage 1 so is a nice transition. It is just a matter of having two "regular" meals a day and two packets. You can so do this, the two weeks for stage 2 will zoom by.

Pat
Old 01-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #143  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CysterLeanne View Post
Wow that is truly an inspirational story (so many on here as well!). I also disagree about taking it and sometimes get the "GI issues" from it (ACK!), but I know my dr's (including the fertility Dr I went to not that long ago) swears I need to stay on it, not only to prevent diabetes, but also when I am ready to begin fertility treatments again they want me to be on it So I keep chugging along with it. Thank you again
I will atest to metformin. It never made me sick. I wasn't diabetic. I tried to have a baby for 2 years before getting on metformin and now 6 years later I have 3 beautiful girls, ages 6, 5 and 2.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3girls View Post
I will atest to metformin. It never made me sick. I wasn't diabetic. I tried to have a baby for 2 years before getting on metformin and now 6 years later I have 3 beautiful girls, ages 6, 5 and 2.
That is so awesome! I think it's a great drug. I know my MIL loves it. But I sometimes get so dizzy I almost fall over. My blood sugar was only 2 points above normal, and I had forgot all about blood work and had gum that day...not sugar free. I really want to be re-tested! I'm thinking of losing 20-30 lbs and then finding a new doctor.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

Fever has gone up to 103.2..... Now I'm getting worried ):
Old 01-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #146  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana chick View Post
Wuv, it was amazing to hear those words. I have never in my life been called "HOT" and I am having to get used to people call me "SKINNY". I have been following you on these posts and you are such a motivation to so many people. I will be lurking around on the maintenance thread but will continue to follow the daily threads also. I can't imagine life without this website.
I am by no means "skinny" at 268lbs...lol...but it is great to get the compliments that is for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
So, does anyone around here blog about their journey? I've googled it, and seen a few links, but is there a place I can go to find a list or something??
There are a few blogs in the signatures of a few of the posters here. So look in everyone's signature for the link to their blogs
Old 01-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
Fever has gone up to 103.2..... Now I'm getting worried ):
Did you take anything for the fever? Take a cooler shower (not cold but a little cooler than normal) also to try and get it down. Keep drinking water tho cause that fever will burn it all out of you. Hope you feel better tomorrow
Old 01-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

My comment on the banana pudding is that alone it is not that great-it has a weird aftertaste. But it was delicious as "banana bread" muffins!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #149  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Stick with it!

I keep telling myself to stick with it- these feelings will subside.

My husband is supportive of me, as well as my choice to do IP. However, his food choices are still not very good. Example- went to see a horse show yesterday and he and my daughter brought back a snack of soft pretzels and cheese- one of my old favorites. I did not cheat, nor did I take even a small bite.

Are others challenged by others in your household's food choices? I am finding that at times, it has been fine, other times very hard and I end up being !

My husband is supportive as well, but could scream at his food choices! A toasted bagel smothered with peanut butter and brown sugar...get this...BEFORE BED!!!! ARGH! I don't want to say anything, cause he never said anything to put me down when my choices weren't stellar....

We had a birthday in our home tonight - my baby turned 5! I made Skor bar cupcakes with choc icing and topped with a huge hunk of Skor bar! YUM! But ya know....I opened the saran off them after supper tonight...they smelled good, but I didn't want one!

The old me would have gobbled down 3 of them without anyone looking...but the new me thought, wow the kids are gonna love these! I made them each 2, and froze the rest for another special treat! And they aren't laying around tempting me. The new me was strong and didn't waiver one little bit...the new me has realized that stuffing my face with food of any kind, esp. sweet and rich foods, won't fill my soul..won't fill the void...won't make me feel better....I feel "fuller" without indulging, I feel proud for having a sugar free jello (I know, not OP but 5 calories and 0 carbs I felt it was ok)....I feel skinnier tonight

Have a wonderful day tomorrow, I love reading everyone's posts and feel very supported when I come to this board! You chicks rock!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
Hi everyone. My second weigh in on Sat went good, down 2.6. It is my TOM so expecting a good loss next Sat. Also had a late work xmas party and I managed to stay OP. Very proud of myself
YEAH!!!! That's fantastic!!!!
Closed Thread