Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #76  
IP Start date 1/2/12

S/C/G: 212/197/150

Height: 5'3"

So my nutritionist said i needed to watch the carbs in some of the veggie i've been eating. My primary staples are broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, romaine, mushrooms, and spinach. Has anyone else ever heard of this? and if so are there some lower carb veggies?
Old 01-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #77  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1 View Post
Check out the Starting IP thread. Near the bottom of the 5th page (I believe) wuv has a link to a grocery list thread.
ohhh thank you, my hubby just asked me if there was such a monster lol... I just hadn't found it yet as all the threads keep sucking me in with all this informative reading!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #78  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone. My second weigh in on Sat went good, down 2.6. It is my TOM so expecting a good loss next Sat. Also had a late work xmas party and I managed to stay OP. Very proud of myself
Old 01-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlygirl72 View Post
So my nutritionist said i needed to watch the carbs in some of the veggie i've been eating. My primary staples are broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, romaine, mushrooms, and spinach. Has anyone else ever heard of this? and if so are there some lower carb veggies?
I eat broccoli and cauliflower everyday. Perhaps it is the packet intake rather than veggies? make sure you have 4 cups no more or no less every day. Only have one restricted a day and it should be in the morning or lunch. The drinks have more carbs than the puddings so keep that in mind.I don't know what your daily menu looks like but I would just watch those things. Somewhere in the posts there is a nutrional sheet for all the IP items that way you would know which have more.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
I eat broccoli and cauliflower everyday. Perhaps it is the packet intake rather than veggies? make sure you have 4 cups no more or no less every day. Only have one restricted a day and it should be in the morning or lunch. The drinks have more carbs than the puddings so keep that in mind.I don't know what your daily menu looks like but I would just watch those things. Somewhere in the posts there is a nutrional sheet for all the IP items that way you would know which have more.
By the way, romaine is your salad and considered "free". It does not count towards your veggie intake and you can have unlimited at lunch and supper.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 226/206/150

Height: 5'7

I had my first weigh in today and I lost 11 pounds!! I am loving this diet!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #82  
IP Start date 1/2/12

S/C/G: 212/197/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
By the way, romaine is your salad and considered "free". It does not count towards your veggie intake and you can have unlimited at lunch and supper.
Thanks so much, i'll keep that in mind. I am mindful of my four cups and thank goodness for unlimited lettuce!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by CysterLeanne View Post
I am so glad there are more of us that have PCOS on this plan!!! Gives me so much hope!!! For those of you that have PCOS how many of you are on metformin (either for type 2 or just for PCOS)? I am on 2000mg right now JUST for PCOS and wondering if you are on it how it's effecting you? Thanks
Hi,
I was on it a while ago and it made me violently ill, so I stopped taking it (i'm talking years ago). The worst thing for us PCOS peeps is carbs! I love them too, but man our bodies just don't digest them normally. That is why this diet works for most people, I absolutely love it.
Nikkib, I did the same! I didn't phase off the diet in mid-September and gained...now I am back to complete the process for life.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

For those of you asking about the scales... If you want to buy a great scale, go to target. I bought a WW scale that measures weight, bmi, percentages, hydration levels... The whole 9. I spent $25 on it, but I feel it's the most accurate.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #85  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Just having my IP cookie as an afternoon snack. Love it with a hot cup of Green Tea!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #86  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyr View Post
First weigh in yesterday, down 5 pounds in two weeks. I was happy with that. Have a great day.
Yay! Keep up the good work!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
I'm on Metformin, same dose as you, for PCOS. I still disagree that I need to be on it, half the time it makes me feel strange....dizzy and almost sick. I actually have an appointment today, so we'll see what she says about the diet.

My mother in law is diabetic, and she just started maintenance right around Thanksgiving. She's really the one that motivated me to look into it more, she did awesome. She is off ALL of her insulin and is now taking only Metformin. She was on insulin shots for over 20 years! We're so proud of her.
Wow that is truly an inspirational story (so many on here as well!). I also disagree about taking it and sometimes get the "GI issues" from it (ACK!), but I know my dr's (including the fertility Dr I went to not that long ago) swears I need to stay on it, not only to prevent diabetes, but also when I am ready to begin fertility treatments again they want me to be on it So I keep chugging along with it. Thank you again
Old 01-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
Hi,
I was on it a while ago and it made me violently ill, so I stopped taking it (i'm talking years ago). The worst thing for us PCOS peeps is carbs! I love them too, but man our bodies just don't digest them normally. That is why this diet works for most people, I absolutely love it.
Nikkib, I did the same! I didn't phase off the diet in mid-September and gained...now I am back to complete the process for life.
Good luck, and thank you for replying! I know carbs are horrible for us (unfortunately my favorite food group bahahaha!), I am hoping to retrain my brain to stop "needing" them LOL!!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #89  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
I know! I have PCOS also and it is amazing how great this works! I went off without phasing out in late Sept last year and it was miserable. I feel so much better now that I am back. I already feel like a new woman in that dpt haha
My coach is in a OBGYN's office. The coach said the doctor got into this diet because her PCOS patients have had such good luck with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskastarr View Post
You know I think people fear what they don't know. My mother is the same way, which is why I haven't told her what I'm doing. She lives two doors down from us, but I just don't want to get into it with her about all of this. I'm thriving at the moment. For the first time in ages my migraines are not happening all the time. I feel fantastic. I have TONS of energy now. I wake up before my alarm (that's a first for me!) I wake up early on the weekends even and I seem to have a clearer mind nowadays.

Give your mom lots of love and maybe a bit of education about what your doing...she'll come around if she sees you getting healthier...possibly...we never really know when it comes to our moms but for the most part most of us still love them
When my mom heard that my doctor recommended this diet to me, she figured it all must be okay then. My mom is old school and still thinks if you just cut your calories then you will loose, end of story. Oh if our bodies were only that simple.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 218.5/208/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
For those of you asking about the scales... If you want to buy a great scale, go to target. I bought a WW scale that measures weight, bmi, percentages, hydration levels... The whole 9. I spent $25 on it, but I feel it's the most accurate.
Thank you for the input. I am looking at them and wondering how they can do all this stuff ...crazy to think, but it would be nice to see the diff on the weigh in.
Closed Thread