Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #31  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Well I heard the latest...Eva Longoria said she uses baby oil everytime she gets out of the shower to keep her skin soft..Well let me tell you I went to the store and got myself and a friend some baby oil and this morning I feel silky smooth....
:
I use coconut oil before I towel off, love how smooth my skin is and the smell too. The only problem is since I started OP the coconut oil smell always reminds me of an Almond Joy Bar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinique125 View Post
I'm finding this week to be extremely hard for some reason. Hungry and tired, headaches too. Didn't even get headaches during my first few weeks. This is week 7 for me.

Anyhow hope my WI on Saturday will be worth it! Sick of the food too.
Sounds like its time to get creative with your meals. I know I can get in a slump sometimes myself. I was like that last week, but thankfully this week feels much better. Hang in there.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #32  

Forgot to mention in my last post... A big congratulations to all those who have had such great WIs today. Very impressive numbers everyone!

I own only two pairs of pants since I've given away a ton of clothes. I don't work outside of the house, so I've been able to get away with one pair of jeans and a dressier pair of pants if I needed them. Life is very casual here in Austin and I haven't needed to dress up for the last month or so. Last night I decided to try on the dressier pants to see how they fit. Well they don't... they fell right off of me. So I now own one pair of pants! My big walk in closet is getting bigger by the day. I will need to buy some things for my cruise at the end of February, but hoping to have off another 15 pounds by the time I have to shop.

Happy Thursday everyone!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #33  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

ROFL... Coconut oil is great but as an oldie I use LUSH Skin Drink then Bio Oil and then Cocoa Butter Oil - face and neck. It didn't occur to me soon enough that even faces get stretch marks and older skin has lost a whole lot of spring and snap back... Uhmmm I mean elasticity. Smile. Please Please get ahead of this while you're still young.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
ROFL... Coconut oil is great but as an oldie I use LUSH Skin Drink then Bio Oil and then Cocoa Butter Oil - face and neck. It didn't occur to me soon enough that even faces get stretch marks and older skin has lost a whole lot of spring and snap back... Uhmmm I mean elasticity. Smile. Please Please get ahead of this while you're still young.
I hear you. I'm in my 50's now and there is a definite change in the skin. For those in your 20's and 30's STAY OUT OF THE SUN unless you have on SPF. It really does matter. My coach makes me eat the jelly for dessert every other night for my snack. She swears by the collagen in it. Thankfully wrinkles don't really happen in my family till you are in your 70's, but my weight loss isn't helping the skin on my neck. Hopefully time will take care of that.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #35  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello eveyone! Congratulations on all the great WIs and good luck to those who still have WIs today

I ordered the Miracle Noodles yesterday and they are due to arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to try them! I have a question though...should I reduce my meat portion if I use them?

Have a great OP day!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #36  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Good Morning To All,

WI# 13 -3.6 Total Loss 57lbs pounds . Only thirteen left to go to reach my goal. I am so truly excited that I am planning to start phrase two in a couple of weeks. I know some might think why stop at 210lbs but I am really feeling good and thought I really can't wait to see if I can maintain the loss this time . ( have always failed in pass). Hope all have great WI's this week...
Old 01-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post
I had my weigh-in yesterday. I go every 3 weeks. I lost 10.8 pounds which is 3.6 pounds each week...yipee!!! That is a fantastic amount to be losing each week and I am really happy with it. This diet is great!
Woo! Congrats! That's so consistently awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa07 View Post
I just completed my first week yesterday. I'm down 8 llbs and 5 inches!!! I have 70 pounds to go <3. I felt horrible for 5 days but now I feel great. I tried the big mac in a bowl recipe and yumma!! I used ground turkey and I didnt have Walden Farms thousand island dressing so I used their creamy bacon. Thank you for all the fun recipes on this site.
That's excellent for your first week! Keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi2010 View Post
Ive been swim suit shopping as well and having little luck! I need one as vacation is now 37 days away! I did order online from a sizing chart and let me tell you... my boobs look sad haha. Anyone know of a place you can buy different (maybe push up) cups to add to swim suits?
Victoria Secrets has a couple of really nice pushup tops...and they're all on sale now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katied61 View Post
Had my first WI last night and was down 10.2lbs. So excited to keep going
Woo!! You're already in a different number of '10' on the scale haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Congratulations on everyone's losses so far today It is always inspiring, even the smallest of losses!

I am over half-way through with week two and still going very strong! NSV - today I couldn't find big girl pants for work elastic waist band pants, I have them in like every color. Sad, i know! Anyways, So I bought a pair of black pants about 3 months ago and I wore them once and I was in soooooo much pain. They were SO tight. I threw them in the closet and never wanted to pick them up again. So, today, I got them out and they FIT!! Like perfectly. I measured and I lost 5 inches! Holy cow. I almost fell over... it is so motivating!! i can't wait for them to just FALL OFF and I have to go WARDROBE SHOPPING!! lol
Fitting into old clothes is even better than having to go out and buy new ones hehe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
WHOO-HOO!!! One week down, a lot more to go...but yay, I did it!

Anyway, my first WI was yesterday. My loses are:
3lbs
0.25in from chest
1.5in from waist
1.25in from hips
0.5in from arms
1in from thighs
1.4% fat
and approximately 1in from my calves.

I would have lost more lbs if I had been eating the salads like I'm supposed to. But the inches lost are more than worth it!
Excellent! Good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Dieter View Post
WI# 13 -3.6 Total Loss 57lbs pounds . Only thirteen left to go to reach my goal. I am so truly excited that I am planning to start phrase two in a couple of weeks. I know some might think why stop at 210lbs but I am really feeling good and thought I really can't wait to see if I can maintain the loss this time . ( have always failed in pass). Hope all have great WI's this week...
You're so close to goal, congrats!!

Last edited by sarahmayhem; 01-12-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Renewing myself-- the way I make big mac in a bowl is :
8 oz of lean ground beef (2 burgers)
A few slivers of raw onion
5-8 pickle chips
A bed of spinach leaves
And 1-2 tbsp WF 1000 island
-- you can try it and adjust to your taste. Just make sure the onions are raw and the beef is lean. Some people wrap the burger in lettuce leaves instead of the bun, but I eat it off a bed of baby spinach leaves to get my 2 cups of veggies. My coach said that every serving of WF you use is counted as 1 splenda-- and they allow 4 a day. Hope this answers your question and hope you enjoy it
Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 260/226/160-170

Height: 5'4"

Just came back from my weigh in, down 8 pounds...wooooohoooo for a total of 24 pounds since Dec. 10th a little more then 1/4 way to my goal!! Hope everyone else is having an OP day and great losses as well.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 185/143/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone,
Congratz on all the great WI numbers, I did my WI last night for the end of Wk#4 and was down 6lbs (for 2 wks). Total of 11.5 lbs for the 4 wks!
I will take almost 12lbs in a month as a great victory!! I too was down to only 2 pairs of pants the other day and since $ is a bit tight I decided to go check out the Goodwill in my area. Since my daughter loves to shop there I thought I would give it a shot. Wow did I find some great deals I was able to pick up 4 pairs of pants, 6 shirts / sweaters, and 4 pairs of shoes!! And I spent less then $80.. great victory! LOL
So I have a few questions and hope this is place to ask them
I saw the receipe for banana bread, and it is fairly easy instructions but it says to use an IP Banana pudding packet, does that mean to make the pudding like normal (with water) and make it with the acutal pudding or does it mean to just use the powder only with the egg whites etc. I would think without the water might not be that much moisture but I thought you guys would know.
Secondly ... is it normal for your TOM to very crazy on this program? I just finished Wk4, and have been dealing with TOM for 3 wks now. Not any signs of stopping either
My Coach said your hormones change a bit and first month can make things diffrent or change the length ... but honestly 3 weeks??? I have IUD and dont normally have anything more then a few light days if anything each month so this is very discouraging, even with the weight loss I am just tired of dealing with it!! LOL

Brandie
Old 01-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #41  

S/C/G: S 242 / C 226 / G 180

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Day Two - here I come!

On to day two for me. I went to bed early last night because I was really afraid I would snack (night snacking is a usual for me!). Had a rough night with restless leg (didn't take my pill, not sure if I should or not).

Started today with the Herb Omelet. I liked it! Added some onions to it for punch.

Now to tackle the rest of the day!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 184/153/145

Height: 5'5

First post. Last diet.

Started IP on Jan 2nd, 2012 after seeing a friend over Christmas who had lost tons of weight successfully on the program. She looks fantastic and her health numbers more importantly are great. (Hi DM if you are lurking

Met my coach on Jan 2nd and sincerely have not looked back.

What I love: the carb fog has lifted. I have more energy than I've had in years for my daughter, hobbies, etc. I had so many "just get through the day " feelings this fall when I was at my highest weight. I barely had enough time to get through the dinner/bath/bed scenario with my daughter in the evenings and that was really my tipping point.

My coach is on vacation so did not have a week one weigh in. I left on Jan 2nd with enough products to get me through the 2 weeks. First official weigh in is this Sunday. I am looking forward to it. A feeling I never had while on WW (I know WW works very well for some but I was not one of them.)

To the newbies who are in week one, hang in there. Feeling good is just around the corner.

Have not tried the recipes etc. but looking forward to trying some. Friend is coming this weekend to make kale chips. Never in a million years would I have looked forward to making or eating something called kale chips. It's a new day.

have a great day

Christy
Old 01-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 184/153/145

Height: 5'5

Stmpspaz:

I also went to bed early the first week. I saw a hint somewhere (I think from my coach) to close the kitchen so to speak after dinner. I feed my daughter, myself, clean up and then it's lights out in the kitchen. I took a hot bath and then just stayed upstairs on the bedroom level to stay out of the kitchen.

I have been needlepointing like crazy as a distraction and that has been helping.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #44  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

BIG MAC (no cheese) IN A BOWL
• 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
• 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
• 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded
Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 209/173/170

Height: 5'9"

Default WI day week 1

So after a successful first week I ended up losing 7.2 pds!!! yay!! I realize a lot of this is water weight but still I feel great... Glad to have this forum very helpful...got some miracle noodles in the mail gonna mark this tonight...

Vietnamese noodle soup

Preparation Time:10 minutes * * *Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
3 cups organic reduced sodium chicken stock
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp minced ginger
1/4 tsp cardamom
1- 7oz bag of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair Noodles
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced crosswise into 1/8 slices
1 cup bean sprouts
2 scallions, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
1 tsp chili sauce(optional)
1/2 lime, cut in half
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/3 cup of mushrooms-any variety (optional)
1 thinly slice chili pepper with seeds removed (optional)

Method
In a 3 quart saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and cardamom and let simmer for 10 minutes.
In a colander rinse noodles with warm water for a couple of minutes, pat dry with a small hand towel or paper towel to remove excess water. Divide noodles into two bowls.
Add chicken to stock and let cook for 5 minutes(until completely cooked)
Pour soup into bowls over the noodles. Divide bean sprouts between 2 soup bowls then top each serving with half the scallions and chili sauce. Garnish bowls with a slice of lime and pieces of cilantro.
I could swear I was at the Vietnamese restaurant, but without the calories!

Nutritional Info: 2 Servings
Calories 180
Total Fat 3.6g
Saturated Fat 1.0g
Cholesterol 73mg
Total Carbohydrates 6.2g
Dietary Fiber 1.7g
Protein 31.1g

Hopefully its yummy let me know if you try it
Rachelle
Closed Thread