Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #136  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Are you measuring your meat raw? That's important. It sounds like you already poached it and then measured it which is going to make a much larger serving than 8oz raw.

1. If you measured it cooked I probably wouldn't worry about making another portion, but generally yes it is good to get the entire 8ozs. If you have trouble with that much meat try eggs, they're my new favorite dinner.

2. My new favorite is eggs (because hubby makes them for me ) but my other go to is frozen fish. I get the individually frozen tilapia fillets and thaw 2 at a time (which is ~8ozs raw) and spritz them and 2 c. cauliflower with olive oil and spices and roast it all at the same time in the same pan. I also occasionally make pork loin which I marinade with soy sauce and minced garlic. The family likes it, but I prefer to stick with my eggs and fish and feed them something else.

3. Have you baked them? I used to bake them. They're also good cut up into bite sized pieces and cooked in a stir fry with veggies, or on low in the crockpot all day, then they just fall apart. You could also pan sear them with your allowed olive oil, but I haven't tried that yet.
You are absolutely right. I weighed after cooking. That makes me feel a little better. I've done that both times with the chicken, but weighed the grnd beef out before cooking.... duh.

Ok, going try 2 real eggs for dinner tomorrow evening with veggies. You all have convinced me. I still have 2 IP omelet pkgs to eat but think those will just have to stay in the cabinet this wk and I will figure something else out for breakfast. I didn't much like them anyway. My least favorite of any of the IP food I've had so far. And yes I was adding veggies and spices like crazy to them. I've eaten egg beater type products for years and have no problem with them, so was surprised that I didn't like the IP omelets.

I will try some of your other suggestions especially how to cook chicken and will make sure I weigh before cooking. Thank you!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag23 View Post
Today,was my first WI In 5 days I'm done 6lbs and a few inches of everywhere. My coach was really impressed. I had to go in early cause I live on an Island and working night shift tonight and tomorrow night. I'm an RN. So instead of running out of food packets,I weighed early. Well...........I am more that excited to keep going and have a surprise for my honey who left for Mexico this morning. I go in 5 weeks. Whoohoo!!!!!
Way to go!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyG View Post
You are absolutely right. I weighed after cooking. That makes me feel a little better. I've done that both times with the chicken, but weighed the grnd beef out before cooking.... duh.

Ok, going try 2 real eggs for dinner tomorrow evening with veggies. You all have convinced me. I still have 2 IP omelet pkgs to eat but think those will just have to stay in the cabinet this wk and I will figure something else out for breakfast. I didn't much like them anyway. My least favorite of any of the IP food I've had so far. And yes I was adding veggies and spices like crazy to them. I've eaten egg beater type products for years and have no problem with them, so was surprised that I didn't like the IP omelets.

I will try some of your other suggestions especially how to cook chicken and will make sure I weigh before cooking. Thank you!
Try the WF syrup with the eggs, it helps a bunch!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
Tonight I marinated my chicken breast in freshly squeezed lemon juice, chopped garlic, 1tsp olive oil, pepper, Mrs. Dash garlic & herb, and our sea salt. I poked the chicken with a fork so that it would draw the marinade through and shook everything up in a plastic container. I let it sit for about half an hour and then used a cast iron grill skillet sprayed with olive oil to cook it. It was very flavorful and moist. I think a grill skillet works wonders, especially if you can't get outside to grill. Also, why not try brushing it with dijon (has 5 calories) after seasoning it and bake?
Oh, that sounds so good. Everything except the dijion. I'm not a mustard or vinegar person. Just something I could never force myself to eat. The breasts I cooked were huge, and they turned out so dry. Just wondering if I really overcooked them because I was afraid with their size they wouldn't be done.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #140  

Quote:

Hi! I'm just chiming in on your conversation..hope you don't mind. I eat 3 eggs (scrambled) at a time and then one hard egg white... My coach said 3-4 eggs / serving.. I'm still losing so I'm not questioning it. I do keep egg whites in the fridge and eat 5 -6 ounces of protein and then 1 egg white...it makes it easier...Be well and enjoy your journey!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
Try the WF syrup with the eggs, it helps a bunch!
Like pancake syrup?
Old 01-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hi! I'm just chiming in on your conversation..hope you don't mind. I eat 3 eggs (scrambled) at a time and then one hard egg white... My coach said 3-4 eggs / serving.. I'm still losing so I'm not questioning it. I do keep egg whites in the fridge and eat 5 -6 ounces of protein and then 1 egg white...it makes it easier...Be well and enjoy your journey!!!
I will definitely be talking to coach about real eggs or egg beaters on Wed. They sound so much more doable then IP omelet or 8oz meat/seafood at dinner. When you say you are keeping egg whites in fridge are you referring to egg beater type products or are you using real egg whites. If real, I'm curious what you do with all the extra yolks.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekrifka View Post
idk if its that time again or if its because I'm starting a new diet, but I am an emotional wreck, I feel alone in this diet process and that hurts even more....I just want to get through today and start a brand new day tomorrow. It has to get better from here.
i felt the same way last week, which was my first week starting. I got very depressed and sad, not like clinically depressed. But, just sad about not being able to eat the foods I wanted to, I resented myself for letting myself get as big as I did. I personally think it was part of the withdrawal from carbs, sugars and fats, except it was psychological withdrawal. I am better this week...

however, I was on this site probably 9384983275 times a day last week. I felt it was the only thing getting me through the week.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #144  

Quote:
Like pancake syrup?
LOL, yes. We used to have breakfast with scrambled eggs and syrup quite often in our house. I guess that didn't sound weird to me. But I really liked it. Gave the eggs a better flavor for me.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
LOL, yes. We used to have breakfast with scrambled eggs and syrup quite often in our house. I guess that didn't sound weird to me. But I really liked it. Gave the eggs a better flavor for me.
Well, I thought that was what you meant, but I'm only familiar with a couple of the WF products and wasn't sure what kind of syrup they have. Wanted to make sure I pick up the correct one when I WI on Wed. Having eaten enough waffles or pancakes along with eggs I certainly know the taste of syrup that gets on your eggs. But I wouldn't have thought of doing it just by itself (no pancakes/waffles). That may be just the trick I need to finish these last 2 omelets. I should have known that 4 IP omelets for breakfast in 1 wk would be too many. Now a little sweetness to them... that might be different.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Well, I managed to eat at Pizza Ranch and stay OP!! Although I think I ate too much shredded chicken...

I remade the crispy cereal pancakes (no salt this time) and they were decent, but I didn't add water like I should have so they were dry. Today was easy, so I'm hoping its a sign. My first WI is quickly approaching, and I can't wait to tell everyone how I did.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #147  

Quote:
I will definitely be talking to coach about real eggs or egg beaters on Wed. They sound so much more doable then IP omelet or 8oz meat/seafood at dinner. When you say you are keeping egg whites in fridge are you referring to egg beater type products or are you using real egg whites. If real, I'm curious what you do with all the extra yolks.
Before IP I used egg whites and wanted to use them on the diet and my coach said you need to use real eggs because your body needs the cholesterol. I don't think you'll be able to replace real eggs with IP food...The IP foods, whether it's an omelete, drink or pudding has particular things your body needs... (and regarding cholesterol my went down nearly 100 points in just 7 weeks!)

I throw out the yolks and don't use them...I just keep a 1/2 dozen hard eggs in the fridge and put some salt on them and they're so easy to get down!! !

I eat omelets for dinner as my protein...I didn't like the IP omelets or really any of their foods. I stick with their Choc. and Cap. Drinks...
Old 01-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #148  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Well, I thought that was what you meant, but I'm only familiar with a couple of the WF products and wasn't sure what kind of syrup they have. Wanted to make sure I pick up the correct one when I WI on Wed. Having eaten enough waffles or pancakes along with eggs I certainly know the taste of syrup that gets on your eggs. But I wouldn't have thought of doing it just by itself (no pancakes/waffles). That may be just the trick I need to finish these last 2 omelets. I should have known that 4 IP omelets for breakfast in 1 wk would be too many. Now a little sweetness to them... that might be different.
If you look on FinnStevens thread. There is a recipe for waffles made out of the puddings.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #149  

Quote:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...x-finland.html
check out this thread. There is a waffle and pancake recipe for using the omelet packages if you want a change of pace and you could use the syrup then too. Just something different.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #150  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Before IP I used egg whites and wanted to use them on the diet and my coach said you need to use real eggs because your body needs the cholesterol. I don't think you'll be able to replace real eggs with IP food...The IP foods, whether it's an omelete, drink or pudding has particular things your body needs... (and regarding cholesterol my went down nearly 100 points in just 7 weeks!)

I throw out the yolks and don't use them...I just keep a 1/2 dozen hard eggs in the fridge and put some salt on them and they're so easy to get down!! !

I eat omelets for dinner as my protein...I didn't like the IP omelets or really any of their foods. I stick with their Choc. and Cap. Drinks...
I too only stick to chocolate... I make it over ice. I find that its sweet enough to keep my sweet tooth down! Sometimes I make it with coffee if I'm feeling frisky.
Closed Thread