Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Thank you for all the concern about my daughters test. It went well, she was a champ, and now we are both exhausted! Lol!

I was able to run by Wal - Mart and get some cucumber and red onion. I have a new favorite raw veggie recipe for lunches, I will post it later. It's nothing fancy but really spices up the cucumber so it's not as boring.

Congrats to all of those with SVs and NSVs today!! You guys are rocking it!! It makes me so anxious for my first "official" WI Monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

On day 4! I am still experiencing headaches, drinking water, ate the salt, but no luck. I am starting to think I might have a sinus issue. It feels like a sinus headache so maybe it's not even related to the diet. Or maybe it's all in my head and I'm just psyching myself out? I don't know I just want this headache to go away. Other than that, I am feeling great a little nauseous at times, but feeling less hungry everyday.
My headaches are sinusy headaches too. I actually took some Advil but I'm also dealing with TOM so I needed it for the cramps anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmflora View Post
Good morning IP folks. Tomorrow will be weigh in 4 for my daughter and I, I am a little worried about the WI. Last week was such a disaster (2lb gain) due to Christmas wine and weak ability to handle the holidays. We were only on the diet for 2 weeks before Xmas, I know that is an excuse, but I think it helps to have a routine, at least I have been OP since.

Question: my worst time for being hungry is in the evening between 7 and 8 pm. Is it ok to have sugar free jello (I make my own w Splenda & Knox) or..that 4th packet of chocolate drink heated up into a sweet creamy cocoa? I am doing herbal teas, etc (although I am up several times a night in the bathroom). What strategies do you folks use to get over those humps?

Another question, I have to do something very physical next week which will kick my rear end: any tips for not falling over and collapsing? I do have energy on this diet, but I find I do get more tired when I have to work down at the barn and clean stalls for more then 30 or 40 minutes, what will that 4th packet do to ketosis?
It depends on what your schedule is but could you have your evening snack then? That's what I generally do, dinner about 5-6ish and my evening snack whenever I get hungry, usually 8 or 9 with a cup of hot herbal tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
Day 2: Still going! There was a lot of temptation to cheat yesterday; I was hungry constantly and was watching every tick of the clock for a reasonable time to eat again! LOL, I know that is just part of my body needed adjustments. I know for sure that I would have cheated yesterday if not for this site. So thank you all for that!!

The omelets are really good! I added 1/3 c green bell pepper, 1/3 c fresh mushrooms, and 1/3 c frozen onions, sauteed them in oil and then added my mix. I also put 1/8 tsp salt, a dash garlic powder, a bit of oregano, and a pit of pepper to taste. I'm hoping the veggies keep me full longer!! If not, I can always take the puppy for a walk since its gonna be 56 degrees today. IN THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY!!! WHAT IS THIS, GLOBAL WARMING???

Jk, good luck everyone!
Be careful with the onion, we're not supposed to have them cooked. When I have eggs for dinner I typically chop up some onion fine and sprinkle it on top. Plus I love the extra crunch it gives.

And no worries your body will adjust. I'm on day 4 of my restart and still looking at the clock (yesterday I had dinner at 4:30!) but I remember when I was OP last time actually forgetting to eat lunch until 1 or 2 because I just wasn't hungry. Great Job staying OP!!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

On day 4! I am still experiencing headaches, drinking water, ate the salt, but no luck. I am starting to think I might have a sinus issue. It feels like a sinus headache so maybe it's not even related to the diet. Or maybe it's all in my head and I'm just psyching myself out? I don't know I just want this headache to go away. Other than that, I am feeling great a little nauseous at times, but feeling less hungry everyday.
Stick with it. It is the carb withdrawal. You will feel great in a couple more days! Keep up the salt and the water! Try some dill pickles!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #78  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I am loving how many people are on the boards today and yesterday, its great. Good to see everyone around again and to all the new comer's, hang in there for your first week, it will ALL BE WORTH it when you weigh in next week!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Dieter View Post
Good Morning To All,

WI# 12 -6, Total Loss 54lbs (wow)... Hope all have great WI's.
You hit the 50lb mark! Wooo! Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmg1989 View Post
Morning All! Today is WI 5 and my commitment has not wavered a bit. At that point in my life where I am so ready to get back to a healthy body!

My sister in law, who is on a different diet plan, is having us for dinner tomorrow eve. She called to tell me everything she is making- nothing I will be able to eat! Meatloaf with onions grilled, topped with some sauce, red mashed potatos, corn. I might be able to eat the salad and take out the croutons, cheese, nuts, etc. She tried to debate me on why I should be able to eat what she is making.

I kindly and honestly told her that she doesn't need to change her plan for me. I
will be fine. Guess I will eat BEFORE I go and just pick around the salad without appearing ungrateful! Geeze!

Don't let anyone side track your efforts! It feels great to drop 2 pants sizes!!!

Hang on!
It's always so hard to describe what you can and can't eat to people...everyone suddenly becomes a health expert and will tell you "you should eat fruit" or "you should be able to have a little carbs..." ...congrats on staying OP and civil to your sister in law haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
WI #4 yesterday lost another 2.4 lbs!!

16.4 pounds in 28 days! So motivated to keep going!

So cute, yesterday my 18 yr old son came in while I was folding laundry and said "Mom, you look......different". Then he gestured with his hand..."more pulled together.". I think he meant thinner in an awkward teenage way
Pam, that's so awesome! I always think of you, just because we started at the same time and have similar goals! You're doing awesome, and your son's comment is adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfromIL View Post
WI today another 5.8 lbs gone . I really needed to hear that the last 2 wks were very low numbers.
Hope everyone has a good day
Wooo congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmflora View Post
Good morning IP folks. Tomorrow will be weigh in 4 for my daughter and I, I am a little worried about the WI. Last week was such a disaster (2lb gain) due to Christmas wine and weak ability to handle the holidays. We were only on the diet for 2 weeks before Xmas, I know that is an excuse, but I think it helps to have a routine, at least I have been OP since.
I start the diet on 12/7, and was in the same boat as you...took 3 days to eat whatever I wanted during the holidays. Was up .8 on my next weigh in, but within the next week, I had lost it all plus more weight. Just get right back on program, and try and drink extra water to flush out all of the overindulgences hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katied61 View Post
How did people deal with social events the first weeks? I feel like I just want to hibernate socially for a couple of weeks until I get more confident with the program before going out.
haha I know the feeling. I started the diet on 12/7...peak Christmas party season. I'm not going to lie...it was REALLY hard. ...so many baked goods and comfort foods. Not to mention, staying sober while everyone else binged on spiked egg-nog was definitely depressing. ...Since then, I've tried to avoid going out to eat with friends/avoided most social situations in general. It's not so bad. ...and it's only a short term thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrigos View Post
Hi all just started IP today very hopeful...just had brocoli soup with brocoli, cauliflower, and cabbage in it and it was pretty good...what are your favorite IP foods?
Any advice much appreciated...
I love the chilli, soy patties, RTD shakes and the bars. (Actually, all of the restricted foods are delicious!) ...the only foods I don't care for are the soups!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Hello,

so I was going to post in the maintaining folks area but decided to do it here. I went on IP in april of 2010. did pretty good with maintaining up till this past october. Realized couple of weeks ago that I had gained 8 pounds from my desired weight which was 125. Basically decided to go strict phase 1 again as of this past monday which was the second. On tuesday I was 131.8, not sure what I am now but doesn't matter as I intend to do this for 2 weeks min. so that is all good and stuff BUT I am facing a problem which I didn't face the first time around and that is constipation!! not sure what I am doing differently but have not used the restroom since Monday and its begining to bother me.

btw, just wanted to say that this diet does work...the only reason I gained was because stress level went sky high and I stopped working out from mid sept and well I saw the result by mid december or so.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #81  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
How did people deal with social events the first weeks? I feel like I just want to hibernate socially for a couple of weeks until I get more confident with the program before going out.
If we meet friends at a restaurant I check out the menu online before I go to see what I can have. I find most restaurants really accommodating. If we go to someone's house I have been known to bring my own food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrigos View Post
Hi all just started IP today very hopeful...just had brocoli soup with brocoli, cauliflower, and cabbage in it and it was pretty good...what are your favorite IP foods?
Any advice much appreciated...
I'm a creature of habit as I usually eat the same IP foods every day. Breakfast is always a bar, lunch is usually one the RTD chocolates or I have chicken soup. For my snack, which I have about 10pm, I alternate each night between the vanilla pudding which I turn into a milk shake and the jello packet. I don't like the jello as much, but my coach said to have it every other night because of the collagen.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Hello,

so I was going to post in the maintaining folks area but decided to do it here. I went on IP in april of 2010. did pretty good with maintaining up till this past october. Realized couple of weeks ago that I had gained 8 pounds from my desired weight which was 125. Basically decided to go strict phase 1 again as of this past monday which was the second. On tuesday I was 131.8, not sure what I am now but doesn't matter as I intend to do this for 2 weeks min. so that is all good and stuff BUT I am facing a problem which I didn't face the first time around and that is constipation!! not sure what I am doing differently but have not used the restroom since Monday and its begining to bother me.

btw, just wanted to say that this diet does work...the only reason I gained was because stress level went sky high and I stopped working out from mid sept and well I saw the result by mid december or so.
I have found that if I eat the chocolate drink or chocolate pudding that does the trick for me if I haven't eaten them for a couple of days then I have trouble with "Big C" as well. Also, the Novi Lax seems to do the trick about 24 hours later for me. I remember someone posted about drinking a glass of warm salt water and that helped them. Hope you get to feeling better.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
I have found that if I eat the chocolate drink or chocolate pudding that does the trick for me if I haven't eaten them for a couple of days then I have trouble with "Big C" as well. Also, the Novi Lax seems to do the trick about 24 hours later for me. I remember someone posted about drinking a glass of warm salt water and that helped them. Hope you get to feeling better.
are you talking about the already made chocolate drinks or the powder mixes? I didn't purchase any of the powder stuff this time around. I did get a package of the dill pickle strings, I haven't tried them yet but if I remember most of the snack foods used to do the trick for me as well. I will try some of that tonight and see.

thanks for the suggestions! I am not going to weigh myself again till this is fixed
Old 01-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Default Back on IP

Hello everyone

Today is my first day back on IP since I left here in October to do some travel. I have to say after being off IP I realised what I was missing out on. Now that I am back I intend to loose the weight I had put on during my hiatus and reach my goal. I have about 18 lbs to go.

Today is day 2 and I already feel great. Coming down with a cold but I think I am going to battle through it by uping my water intake.

I am doing week 1 with no restricted foods. Also worked out 30 min on the treadmill and then weights and stretchng for about 10 min. Felt great had so much energy.

Anyway I just wanted to thank you all for the support you guys extended my way the first time around. And hope it will be a new me in 2012.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #85  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Hello Everyone.
Glad to see everyone is doing well on the plan. I took 2 weeks off and am now back on plan. And wow do i feel like CRAP! The first week is so tough..the headaches. But i know i will feel better soon.
One thing i realized is that i did not feel well when i was off plan. I was always tired, headaches, fatigued etc. I realized that eating whatever i want whenever i want did not make me feel better. I was excited to get back on plan and to start feeling better. I know it will be tough this time around but i plan to stay OP.
Good Luck to everyone.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Default The Big C

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Hello,

Had the same issue. Coach (also an MD) said to use Milk of Magnesia (without sugar) because it holds water in the gut. I have done in a few times and works like a charm! I do it about 5 or 6 PM - and drink a huge glass of water before and after.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #87  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

This is my fifth week of IP and my coach has weighed and measured every week but has never once looked at my food journal. I like her and she asks questions and we talk about the program but it surprises me that she doesn't ask to see my journal. It doesn't really bother me though.
I keep seeing RTD everywhere and can't for the life of me figure it out. Please tell me! I know once you do it will seem so simple like why couldn't I get that?
Thank you.
Reg
Old 01-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Today is day 5 and this is the first day that I have really dealt with hunger between breakfast and lunch, headache too

I actually did hibernate the first couple of weeks, I started when I was sure I didn't have any "big" events and I also started on the long 4th of July weekend. My coach did warn me that I may not feel so good.

My restart after phasing off in November, hasn't been quite as bad. I don't have as bad a headache today (day 5) and I have not been as hungry, so I think I am slipping back into ketosis. The sinusy headache is part of it for sure and nausea too. By the end of week 2, you will say to yourself "hmmmm I almost forgot to eat" REALLY! Alot of peoples energy picked up around that time too. I never really got my "usual" energy back the whole time, but once I was briefly in maintenance, I was "zippy" again. So, like the diet energy levels vary for each person. Some people go all-out with exercise and feel great, others don't exercise at all. I walked moderately, but didn't do my usual, higher energy aerobics, because I just didn't have the energy. Search "Jennydoodle", she exercised all-out from the beginning and felt great.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #89  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Day 5 is over half over and I think I feel ketois setting in. My headaches are gone , I'm not as tired and not as hungry . I had the spaghetti today and it was awesome! To my fellow newbies...hang in there it does get better!

Last edited by Lorilou; 01-05-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #90  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Default Molly McButter

Hi everyone, I just got started on Monday and things are going real good. No cravings, hunger not to bad. I just have a question about Molly Mcbutter. Is it allowed? It is 0 fat, 1 carb doesn't list any sugar and this is for 1tsp. I sure would like to try a little on my veggies. Any one try it?
Closed Thread