Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Day 2: Still going! There was a lot of temptation to cheat yesterday; I was hungry constantly and was watching every tick of the clock for a reasonable time to eat again! LOL, I know that is just part of my body needed adjustments. I know for sure that I would have cheated yesterday if not for this site. So thank you all for that!!

The omelets are really good! I added 1/3 c green bell pepper, 1/3 c fresh mushrooms, and 1/3 c frozen onions, sauteed them in oil and then added my mix. I also put 1/8 tsp salt, a dash garlic powder, a bit of oregano, and a pit of pepper to taste. I'm hoping the veggies keep me full longer!! If not, I can always take the puppy for a walk since its gonna be 56 degrees today. IN THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY!!! WHAT IS THIS, GLOBAL WARMING???

Jk, good luck everyone!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #62  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to all the new members.

I chose to take a holiday break in which I am sure I have gained some weight with all the festive food and wine I had over the Christmas and New Year's period, except that I refuse to know how much exactly, I don't want to step on the scale before next week.

Today is my first day being back OP, and I will weigh-in next Thursday.

I am so much financially restricted now that I can't even afford to put an order online to get my alternative products. I still have some protein powder shakes and I found the cheapest bars at Walmart which are the slimdown bars from Jamieson, while on specials they are around $1 per bar, and I am buying the protein powders in big jars, they are usually 900g or so for about $35 or less if on special and 1 serving is 30g which makes a serving around $1 so I guess, as these are my cheapest options now, I will stick with them until I get in a better financial situation.

I hope everyone will have a very happy new year full of health.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #63  
I Started IP October 11th

S/C/G: 199/178/130

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everyone!

I was off the plan for over a month, i had a wicked flu for about 2 weeks, lost a bit of weight, then bc it was right before Christmas i decided to wait to get back on plan!

Today is day 3, and boy do i feel like crap!

One thing i noticed, was i had been on ideal protein for almost 2 months beforehand, i LOVED the chocolate drink, and remember it being so sweet and yummy, its funny how our tastebuds change so quickly, cause tight now, it doesnt seem as good this time around, but i know that its just around the corner, just have to get thru this week!

Good luck to everyone today! Love coming here and feeling encouraged to push through!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/165

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
For me personally I am hungry at 3 and at 7:30 so here is my daily routine. I have 1 cup of veggies at lunch and then at 3:00 I have the 2nd cup of veggies and 2 bites of a bar. Then at 7:30 I have the rest of the bar. I know it doesn't sound like it would be enough but it always curbs the hunger. I drink a good amount of water with every meal and snack and it satisfies me and I have huge tummy rumbles before I eat. Good luck!
Thanks 4Kiddos for responding!! that sounds like a good idea, because i seem to have to force myself to eat all those veggie at lunch when i feel fine with a small amount of food.

Cheers

Old 01-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #65  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Question: My GF is doing IP through a coach and they are only going to measure her every 8 weeks. Is this normal? I thought you get weighed AND measured every week.
I get weighed, measured and body fat checked every week. Have to say I love my coach. She is extremely knowledgeable and really supportive too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I had trouble with smells and food for the first few weeks and asked my husband to not make the things I love...NOW I don't care...he can eat my favorites right in front of me and it doesn't bother me the slightest...BUT I do have to smell everything...it still smells delicious but I don't care to have any of it...Maybe you could ask them to give you a little time to adjust OR you could leave while they have those nice smelling foods. Just know it will pass! AND you have all of us to support you!!! YOU can do it!!!
I smell everything too. I just read an article yesterday that said just smelling the food really does help the dieter in that it tricks the brain into thinking you actually ate it. Nice to know we all aren't crazy. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
oh, something else I wanted to say. I really don't want this to sound negative, so take it in the "realistic" light I want to convey. Some people are setting some really "high" expectations and that is great, but the reality is,not everyone loses like the program says. I did not cheat once and my average weight loss over the 5 months was 1.75 lbs. I think it depends on many things and age is one, if you are young, you will lose quicker for sure and then medical conditions and medications play a part. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism right before starting IP and my meds had to be adjusted during the course of the journey. Also, if you are post-meno your loses may not be as good. What I am getting at is that EVERYONE is different, I was a S-L-O-W loser in the IP world, but stuck with it (thanks to people like WUV encouraging me) Also remember the less you have to lose, it is slower or slows down a little, but remember it does work. Nothing else worked for me, that is why I went to the doctor, I had been going to WW for 3 months with no cheating and only lost 3 lbs, in hind sight I am sure the thyroid didn't help, but the IP diet is what I swear by, because even when I had small loses, I lost inches. Well, I am back on to journey to my final goal and I know it will be so much slower than some of you here, but it does work. FORWARD....MARCH!
It's true we are all so different, but we will all get there even though our journeys maybe different. I do have to say though that I am very pleasantly surprised at my weight loss. Since having gone through menopause I was having a horrible time trying to lose weight. I'd loose like the first 10 pounds and then nothing. Even when I talked to my doctor about it she said said it is harder to loose now, but not impossible. When I first talked to my coach on the phone trying to find out some info on IP, I asked her how women who have been through menopause do on the plan. She told me she really doesn't see a difference with older or younger women. Truthfully I thought she was trying to sell me on the diet and that couldn't possibly be true. I'm happy to say she was totally telling me the truth as I've lost on average about 3.5 pounds per week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
The one thing I have learned from this board is that no two coaches are the same. I get weighed and measured every week but that is all the support I get from my coach. I never knew anything was restricted until I found 3FC's. My very first day I was weighed and measured and told to pick out my food. I had to ask how many and my second week I had to ask which were restricted and I was told NONE!
Sounds like your coach needs some further training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmflora View Post

Another question, I have to do something very physical next week which will kick my rear end: any tips for not falling over and collapsing? I do have energy on this diet, but I find I do get more tired when I have to work down at the barn and clean stalls for more then 30 or 40 minutes, what will that 4th packet do to ketosis?
An extra packet won't kick you out of ketosis. It will just add a few extra carbs and calories. But if you are going to be really physical then I would add an extra packet for sure.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks 4Kiddos for responding!! that sounds like a good idea, because i seem to have to force myself to eat all those veggie at lunch when i feel fine with a small amount of food.

Cheers

I understand I really am satisfied at lunch with less so it works out great for me. This journey is all about finding your stride. I am in week 4 and I am finding that I am not constantly looking at the clock for my next meal. First 2 weeks I was sooooo hungry. Now I am in a pretty good routine. Seems like second nature. Hang in there!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #67  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Morning everyone! Its such a yucky day here. Freezing rain and now snow. The busses didn't run so now I have the kids at home for the day. I'm actually looking forward to WI tomorrow. Last week was a 0 but this week feels so much better. I'm sure going back to the regular schedule has helped immensely. I just feel so much better this week eating at regular times instead of all over the place with holidays. Hope everyone has a fantastic day full of big or little NSV's!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
Day 2: Still going! There was a lot of temptation to cheat yesterday; I was hungry constantly and was watching every tick of the clock for a reasonable time to eat again! LOL, I know that is just part of my body needed adjustments. I know for sure that I would have cheated yesterday if not for this site. So thank you all for that!!

The omelets are really good! I added 1/3 c green bell pepper, 1/3 c fresh mushrooms, and 1/3 c frozen onions, sauteed them in oil and then added my mix. I also put 1/8 tsp salt, a dash garlic powder, a bit of oregano, and a pit of pepper to taste. I'm hoping the veggies keep me full longer!! If not, I can always take the puppy for a walk since its gonna be 56 degrees today. IN THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY!!! WHAT IS THIS, GLOBAL WARMING???

Jk, good luck everyone!
Emily ~ Be careful with the onions. They carmalize when cooked and they are not allowed. I don't know if it would keep you from ketosis but I wouldn't want to chance it. You could saute everything and top with onions without cooking. Just a thought!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #69  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Good morning IP folks. Tomorrow will be weigh in 4 for my daughter and I,

Another question, I have to do something very physical next week which will kick my rear end: any tips for not falling over and collapsing? I do have energy on this diet, but I find I do get more tired when I have to work down at the barn and clean stalls for more then 30 or 40 minutes, what will that 4th packet do to ketosis?
If you're cleaning stalls for 40 minutes you could be burning as many as 4-500 calories. Another packet is surely called for and it won't affect ketosis.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Wow, the board sure got busy!

Welcome everyone, this diet is the best! I started this diet as a last resort as i was on the waiting list for weight loss surgery, well now i don't even think i would be eligible

I had bad headaches for the first 4 days i think but one morning i woke up and fell full of energy and felt fantastic and that feeling hasn't gone away.

I smell everything too, at our work christmas party, i even had my friend take one of my favorite drinks so that i could smell it, lol. But i've never had any problems cooking for my family and still bake a lot of yummy things.

I get weigh every week but rarely get measured. My coach would if i ask her but it doesn't really bother me to know or not.

Sandra - Sorry things are so difficult right now i babysit a 4-yo friday night til sunday night every week-end so that i can afford the products.

Ugh, been dealing with a sore, scratchy throat and barely have a voice since last friday, what is up with that I feel fine otherwise so not sure what`s going on...Drinking lots of water and herbal teas.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 231/180/150

Height: 5/6

Post Walking it off

I am off to the gym to walk the treadmill. I love my gym it makes me feel good about myself.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 231/180/150

Height: 5/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Wow, the board sure got busy!

Welcome everyone, this diet is the best! I started this diet as a last resort as i was on the waiting list for weight loss surgery, well now i don't even think i would be eligible

I had bad headaches for the first 4 days i think but one morning i woke up and fell full of energy and felt fantastic and that feeling hasn't gone away.

I smell everything too, at our work christmas party, i even had my friend take one of my favorite drinks so that i could smell it, lol. But i've never had any problems cooking for my family and still bake a lot of yummy things.

I get weigh every week but rarely get measured. My coach would if i ask her but it doesn't really bother me to know or not.

Sandra - Sorry things are so difficult right now i babysit a 4-yo friday night til sunday night every week-end so that i can afford the products.

Ugh, been dealing with a sore, scratchy throat and barely have a voice since last friday, what is up with that I feel fine otherwise so not sure what`s going on...Drinking lots of water and herbal teas.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Your story is amazing . My sister and I say that on this diet you lose weight as if you had surgery, it is at the same pace.
Love it !
Old 01-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 260/245/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Dieter View Post
Good Morning To All,

WI# 12 -6, Total Loss 54lbs (wow)... Hope all have great WI's.
Awesome!! Keep up the stellar job
Old 01-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 260/245/160

Height: 5'10"

Today is day 5 and this is the first day that I have really dealt with hunger between breakfast and lunch, headache too

How did people deal with social events the first weeks? I feel like I just want to hibernate socially for a couple of weeks until I get more confident with the program before going out.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 209/173/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Day 1 ideal protein

Hi all just started IP today very hopeful...just had brocoli soup with brocoli, cauliflower, and cabbage in it and it was pretty good...what are your favorite IP foods?
Any advice much appreciated...
Closed Thread