Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 01:13 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 12/16/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 12-16-2011, 01:28 AM   #2  
professor hardy harr!

Height: 5"1.5 (don't forget the .5)

well i posted on yesterdays thread dohhh newb (i will C&P to here)

Hello yall

i just wanted to introduce myself, i'm Candy from Canada i will be starting IP 2morro, in large part due to the many success's i have seen on this board and an American friend of mine who also raves about the IPP. I have read almost every informational IP thread on here, it was a wealth of information and i want thank you all for them. I can't think of a single protocol question atm. I do however feel slightly nervous about starting before xmas (i have to though, i just CAN'T wait another day). How is everyone else planning on handling it? .... I picked up extra work shifts, 24th and 26th evenings, this way i wont be around my family for the majority of their food festival lol
Old 12-16-2011, 06:54 AM   #3  
INACTIVE

Hi Candy,
I just started last week, and I will be going through the holidays just like you...well, nearly all of us here will, so you have a LOT of support! My advice is to cook your protein meal (Dinner) and veggies, pack them up and take them to your family's gathering. This way, you can put it on a plate and eat with everyone. I did this at a turkey dinner last week, and it worked well. I didn't feel left out, and I had as much on my plate as everyone else. I am happy that I brought my own, because I later found out that a stick of butter was used to cook the turkey! You can't rely on other people's cooking methods to be OP. It's best to have full control, in my opinion. Good Luck!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7'

Hi Candy - welcome IP. I am sure you'll have tons of success like the rest of us here. I have gotten through many, many parties, weddings, t-day by offering to bring veggies. This way you can have all the veggies you bring and then have whatever protein is being served.

Instead of wine/beer, I drink seltzer water in a wine glass. Others, like Wuv, flavor their water with MIO so it looks like wine in a wine glass.

The most important thing is to NOT CHEAT. Is that easy? No, it's not. I will tell you that after losing 48 pounds in 4 months I feel like a new person. I never cheated and got the results I wanted.

Good luck and stay on this website. You'll get the support you need, sometimes you may get a little kick in the butt and you'll be with everyone else who is going along this journey with you.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Candy and welcome. Like the others have said, if you stick with this program it will work and you will find great support on these forums. I still don't understand why I don't see this program advertised all over the place, but I am so happy to have found it. Good luck to you and enjoy all the weight loss you're about to achieve!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/177/120

Hi Candy!
Good luck to you. I chose to wait until after the holidays, I am really excited and have mapped out my action plan with each 5 pounds a little reward. My goal for the holidays is to NOT put on anymore weight, if I have accomplished that it will be great.
Thanks for this forum all of you, I know it will keep me motivated when I start next year.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning my IP friends!!! I'm heading to my first of many Christmas parties and am so excited that I fit into an outfit that was skin tight last year... I've lost just about 22 lbs and have no desire to cheat...it's not worth it as I want to be at my goal weight as quickly as possible...for now, I'm relishing my progress and can't wait to go out...I use to be so uncomfortable and fat and now I feel good about getting dressed up!!! WOO HOO!!! Keep up the great work everyone!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #8  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I guess I'm lucky. Christmas dinner is at my house, so I have complete control over everything that goes on the table! I'll be making the traditional holiday favorites, but I can add a dish of vegetables that are OP for myself and anyone else that wants to eat them. New Year's Day will be tougher. Again it's a my house, and we typically have a spiral cut honey ham. I guess we'll just have to change things up a bit and serve a different meat.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #9  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Happy Friday Ipeeps. I've been wanting to go out on a date night w my bf, dressed up and all, but he hasn't taken me yet. I can have a steak and salad and coffee. That would be good. I'll keep the pressure on him, LOL. No big plans for me this weekend. Just Xmas shopping I guess. Have a great OP day and weekend
Old 12-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning IPeeps!

Friday is official weigh-in day and again, I am right on (maintenance) whoot whoot! For the newbies, I did IP for 5 months and phased off and have been maintaining. I will jump back on phase I after the holidays, I am so excited that if you follow the phase off and maintenance it works! I have baking and cards to do today, I am behind. tee hee. I sure hope everyone has a great weekend!
Welcome New IPeeps, you will love this program, I couldn't lose doing any other program. On WW, I lost maybe 1-3/month. This group is filled with people who absolutely Rocked or are Rocking the program, so much knowledge,so just ask!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #11  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Had a funny thing happen to me this morning. Throughout this diet, I never weighed myself at home. I kept the scale in my shed. My husband wanted to drop a few pounds, so started doing alternatives and brought the scale inside. In the last month, I've got on it a couple of times, but didn't let the numbers there make me feel any different because it's not my official scale. It's just a number anyway, but it was always close, within 3 lbs. I will be in maintenance soon, so I need to start keeping up with it better. I stepped on this morning and almost fell out laughing. It showed almost 20 lbs lost since my official WI at my clinic two days ago! I think new batteries are definitely on the shopping list, ha! ha! There is no way I lost 20 lbs in two days, especially in phase 3, lol! Oh well! I guess I will start keeping track of my weight at home next week.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!

Had a major NSV yesterday. Helped my daughter make a huge batch of fudge, then packed it up little bags with other candies and chocolates. In the past, I would have nibbled and sampled my way thru. This time, NO bites, licks or tastes. HUGE for me... It's all out of the house as of this morning. Yeah!

I'm still trying to find my " sweet spot" with this diet. Starting my 6 th day, I had a handle on the hunger thing, it was getting better. A few days later I go thru the hunger thing again (not satisfied after meals). I think some days I go too long between a meal (usually between Breakfast & lunch) and then I'm just hungry until dinner. Need to plan day with food ready to eat....

Does anyone precook or roast veggies on the weekend for the week?

Pam
Old 12-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #13  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Morning everyone. WI #12 this morning and down another 3.4lbs. Woohoo! Loving this program!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancandy View Post
well i posted on yesterdays thread dohhh newb (i will C&P to here)

Hello yall

i just wanted to introduce myself, i'm Candy from Canada i will be starting IP 2morro, in large part due to the many success's i have seen on this board and an American friend of mine who also raves about the IPP. I have read almost every informational IP thread on here, it was a wealth of information and i want thank you all for them. I can't think of a single protocol question atm. I do however feel slightly nervous about starting before xmas (i have to though, i just CAN'T wait another day). How is everyone else planning on handling it? .... I picked up extra work shifts, 24th and 26th evenings, this way i wont be around my family for the majority of their food festival lol
Welcome to the board and to IP. The first few days can be really difficult, but hang in there and you will love seeing the scale numbers going down. Once you are in ketosis the cravings go away, so hopefully by Christmas you will be in good shape. Just make sure where ever you eat that you are prepared food wise and you will do just fine. Remember next year at this time all the same foods will still be available, and the new skinnier you will be able to enjoy all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
There is no way I lost 20 lbs in two days, especially in phase 3, lol! Oh well! I guess I will start keeping track of my weight at home next week.
That would have been the mother of all whooshes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledmom04 View Post
Morning everyone. WI #12 this morning and down another 3.4lbs. Woohoo! Loving this program!
Great job!!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

good morning - just wanted to pop in and say hi!! Its a dreary day here in louisiana maybe it will clear up a little later??

Welcome Candy - this diet (or lifestyle change) is wonderful!!! All you have to do is stick to the sheet and the weight will go away. If you are worried about holidays and parties just make sure you pack what you can eat and maybe even bring a veggie tray where you go?? Good luck

Well I hope everyone has a great day - congrats to the losses this week and good luck to weigh ins today and over the weekend!!!
Closed Thread