Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #16  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Does anyone precook or roast veggies on the weekend for the week?
Sure. Why heat the oven for just one serving when you can do a week's in almost the same time. And the roasted vegetables make wonderful soup for this time of year.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 260/226/160-170

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum as well. I am currently day 4 on the IPP and have done well sticking to the program, have not cheated at all. Even last night as my husband sat beside me and ate chips and dip, which is something I crave, crunchy, salty food. I could have killed him lol. Thank god for the dill pickle nippers, just 5 or 6 of those and my craving is gone.

If anything I have trouble getting all the food into me, especially supper. And I have yet to add any lettuce to my days. Does anyone else have problems getting all there food in??
Old 12-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH! There is so much FOOD at work today! I work in a school and all the parents bring cookies, candy, popcorn, meat and cheese trays, etc. To top it off, the department upstairs is having an open house lunch. Saving grace is that it it upstairs, and not right under my nose!!! Must Stay Strong!

On the bright side, the weather is lovely and actually supposed to get to 50 this weekend, which is pretty unheard of around these parts. We will probably not have snow for Christmas, though. Oh well. Have a good weekend, everyone!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Had a funny thing happen to me this morning. Throughout this diet, I never weighed myself at home. I kept the scale in my shed. My husband wanted to drop a few pounds, so started doing alternatives and brought the scale inside. In the last month, I've got on it a couple of times, but didn't let the numbers there make me feel any different because it's not my official scale. It's just a number anyway, but it was always close, within 3 lbs. I will be in maintenance soon, so I need to start keeping up with it better. I stepped on this morning and almost fell out laughing. It showed almost 20 lbs lost since my official WI at my clinic two days ago! I think new batteries are definitely on the shopping list, ha! ha! There is no way I lost 20 lbs in two days, especially in phase 3, lol! Oh well! I guess I will start keeping track of my weight at home next week.
Thanks for the laugh!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay316 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum as well. I am currently day 4 on the IPP and have done well sticking to the program, have not cheated at all. Even last night as my husband sat beside me and ate chips and dip, which is something I crave, crunchy, salty food. I could have killed him lol. Thank god for the dill pickle nippers, just 5 or 6 of those and my craving is gone.

If anything I have trouble getting all the food into me, especially supper. And I have yet to add any lettuce to my days. Does anyone else have problems getting all there food in??
Check out kale chips...little olive oil, salt and any other seasonings you want (I prefer them just salty). Cook on 350 for 20 minutes (may need to adjust time and temp based on your oven)...and poof...crunchy, salty yumminess...I eat them everyday!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

TGIF everyone, things are as crazy as usual...went shopping last night from 6:30-9:00 and somehow, got nothing accomplished! So this week-end, i will shop during the day and bake in the evening, only way to get things done but it sucks as i babysit a 3yo on the week-end so i've got to slep her around with me everywhere i go!

Ended up having dinner at 9:30 last night, had 2 fried eggs, 1c cucumber and 1c sweet pickles (made with splenda).

Looking very much foward to almost 2weeks off

Have a great day!

Last edited by Busymomx4; 12-16-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #22  
professor hardy harr!

Height: 5"1.5 (don't forget the .5)

Thank you everyone for the kind welcomes

I also had a scale incident. Mine at home is about 26lbs heavier then the one at my IP clinic i almost fell overt too lol. They both have me confused, i think probably both are off but of course my inclination is to believe my trusty @ home digi since its been mine for 8yrs and always what i go by. I just can't believe it's possible for it to be that far out.

P.s. I just plan to stay away from the holiday parties other then xmas day brunch with the fam
Old 12-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Just wanted to say hello!

Things have been rough this week - I had a Christmas party on Weds (Where it was open bar and a pizza buffet!) I managed to eat before hand, and just nibble on a salad the whole night; very proud of myself!

Last night was not so great though...I had a dinner date with friends. We did Mexican - I got a chicken fajita (no onion) ...I just ate the grilled chicken and peppers with a little bit of fresh salsa. I did have 3 tortilla chips though :/ ...I feel like I had extra sodium because I'm all bloated and weird feeling. I really hope this doesn't mess up my second weight in. I'm drinking water like crazy today.

Tonight I have yet another Christmas party, followed by yet another on Saturday - All open bar with tons of food. Yikes. Hoping to stay strong and make it through!

It sounds like everyone is doing wonderfully! Keep it up...this is the hardest time of year!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Happy Friday everyone! I love reading everyones posts - so motivating - always have a smile on my face when I'm on this website!

Wuv... your profile pic is beautiful!

Welcome bay316 & CanadianCandy! Congratulations on getting starting with IP! You will love it! How can you not, with the results!?!? I have NEVER stuck with a program this long. IP truly gets rid of all those cravings, which for me, resulted in binge eating - almost on a daily basis.

This was WI#8 for me today and I was down another 4 lbs! I'm just so happy! I bought a pair of jeans on sale today... size 18! When I started on October 20, I was wearing a 24.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #25  
INACTIVE

Hi everyone,

Just found the finnish guy's recipies and I am so happy! Last night, I made a rather unsatisfying meal from leftovers and since I had a late lunch, I ended up having to eat 2 cups of asparagus for dinner, which didn't want to go down about a third of the way through. My DH2B (hehe) didn't want to watch me suffer anymore and pureed them with FF chicken broth and I was able to chug them. Thank God for the vanilla peanut bar.

I tried on what I think will be my wedding dress yesterday, and was relatively happy with how it made me look. The only thing is, I am really full busted and the shop owner told me I will have to lose 5 inches in my chest to get into that size. The rest of the dress fit, so I am confident that when it is time to order it in a few months, this issue could be close to resolved. I lost 1 1/2 inches in my chest last week, so hopefully 5 more could be possible? But the whole point of this is to say that before I knew about IP, I was dreading the process of trying on gowns, which is supposed to be enjoyable. I was already getting anxious and depressed over the whole "ordeal." This diet has boosted my confidence so much, that I can actually look at myself and see that there is hope--so what if it doesn't fit just now--it WILL. That is a feeling I've never experienced, and a huge boost to my self-esteem.
And, if any of you were crossing your fingers for me, it worked! I got the venues I wanted and it's going to be great!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #26  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon! Congratulations on all of the losses today. Hello, newbies. This is the best diet once you get past the first week blahs.
I had my 5th weigh in today. I was down 7 lbs for two weeks. And I lost another 4 inches overall. I love this diet. Only 33 lbs more to go.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Hi everyone

What a tough week - starting to really feel it with all the holiday food. Doesn't help when I need to send in food with kids for different things. It's probably not the wisest thing to bake brownies lol - I should have just saved myself temptation and sent in a bag of chips or something. Still managed to stay OP but it's getting harder. Heading to a party tonight after a luncheon yesterday....and I'm sure the inevitable comments/questions will surface which I don't relish. WI tomorrow am...

Just wanted to tell you SomedayBubblySomeday (btw is that champagne or a happy mood ) that I've lost only 10 or so pounds but 4 inches in my bust. I think I've lost all I'm losing there but it's definitely possible!!!

Thanks for letting me vent people!
Old 12-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #28  
INACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyAWC View Post

Just wanted to tell you SomedayBubblySomeday (btw is that champagne or a happy mood ) that I've lost only 10 or so pounds but 4 inches in my bust. I think I've lost all I'm losing there but it's definitely possible!!!
4 inches! I'm jealous! I hope that is the case for me--cuter bras And it's definitely champagne
Old 12-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #29  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
4 inches! I'm jealous! I hope that is the case for me--cuter bras And it's definitely champagne
You should lose at least 5, I lost 10 inches off my chest and went down a few cups sizes... which is good but I was kind of use to leaning stuff on my chest like a plate or a glass etc... cant do that anymore.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #30  
IP Start Date Oct. 15/11

S/C/G: 270.3 / 189.8 / 160

It's Friday!!

Congratulations on all the losses & NSV. Also a huge congrats to getting through all the Christmas celebrations!!

Last week my coach was sick and on my home scale I lost 6.2. This week I lost 2.6 for a total of 8.8 since my last weigh in with my coach

Have a great weekend everyone. I will be cookie cutting with my girls tonight and then decorating the cookies.
Closed Thread