Old 11-25-2011, 01:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/151/151

Height: 5'7

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 11/25/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Wuvs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:48 AM   #2  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Happy black Friday!! I just got home! I survived 2 walmarts and a mall... Cognac good head start on this Damn holiday that has lost its meaning....
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #3  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Happy black Friday!! I just got home! I survived 2 walmarts and a mall... Cognac good head start on this Damn holiday that has lost its meaning....
Glad u survived. Is it really as crazy as it looks on TV? I've always wanted to do the Boxing day sale but I'm scared poopless of grabby shovey people.
frazzledmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledmom04 View Post
Glad u survived. Is it really as crazy as it looks on TV? I've always wanted to do the Boxing day sale but I'm scared poopless of grabby shovey people.
I don't blame you i heard on the news today that a woman was in a lineup at Walmart and some people budded in line and she pepper sprayed them...lol...That's the Christmas spirit...lol...
kelly1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledmom04 View Post
ME TOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1962 View Post
I don't blame you i heard on the news today that a woman was in a lineup at Walmart and some people budded in line and she pepper sprayed them...lol...That's the Christmas spirit...lol...
I heard about that today on Canada AM...yeah...Merry HO HO! Scarey!

I am one of those people who CANNOT go shopping when it's busy. Even on a boxing day sale, I don't care about the sales...it stressed me out how busy it gets and I feel too anxious. So black friday would NOT be a day I ventured out.

Hope everyone stays safe!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Hope all our IP U.S. friends got through Thanksgiving staying or not straying to far off plan. If you did indulge, then just buckle down and get on track today, dont beat yourself up!!!!
Wuv and Painted Lady - how did your get together go? I am sure it was alot of fun!
kelly1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Where did you shop Jelly? I hope you got some great deals for all your efforts!

I was home in bed digesting. Being on maintenance, I chose Thanksgiving for my "free" day. Then up at 5:30 this morning to go jogging and start my phase 1 recovery day right.
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

TGIF everyone. Glad all of you who celebrated thanksgiving and black friday shopping enjoyed yourself.

I have a question, don't need to know for a long long time but still curious.

I know on maintenance you have 1 free day followed by 2 phase 1 day. So my question is...do we ever stop using IP products? Like will there be a time where we won't follow this diet anymore? I never saw what Phase 4 looks like so just wondering.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Where did you shop Jelly? I hope you got some great deals for all your efforts!

I was home in bed digesting. Being on maintenance, I chose Thanksgiving for my "free" day. Then up at 5:30 this morning to go jogging and start my phase 1 recovery day right.
Good for you Pauley! You are an inspiration!

I made it through the Holiday on a phase 2 day. I did have some salami sausage, so I'm up a bit on the scale today. I think it's the sodium. Plan to be on track today, bake some Christmas cookies (doing so hasn't bothered me at all or tempted me to cheat) and stick to a strict OP day, as usual. Just finished peanut butter blossoms and thinking about Belgian Cookies next.

Our family participated in Black Friday for the first time this year. The kids really enjoyed the experience - staying up late - seeing lots of friends doing the same - picking out thier own gifts (I personally didn't like that part) - But, as for me, I think I''ll pass next year. Happy to say we did it once and did get in on some great deals that made $ go farther this year, but once is enough.

Happy day to all!
Jo
JoLoMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

I don't participate in Black Friday for several reasons. And this is just my opinion, I don't push it on anyone else.
1. Humans are greedy and I don't want to participate in our race's material selfishness for things that we don't "need". In my opinion, If you've gotten through the last 364 days of the year without it, you don't really need it.
2. I can think of other less torturous things to do than stand in a long line of shoving, hot, stinky people at the wee hours of the morning.
3. I can think of other things less torturous to do than sit in line at stop lights wasting the gas in my tank.
4. Most of the stuff on sale is things that will replace other things (tv replacing a tv) that work just fine but are "last year". Again materialistic. If you need a tv or whatever then sure it is a great deal. Frankly llast year I bought a Plasma used that was only 2 years old when our old analog TV (we only have one tv in the house) finally went out. I got the plasma cheap because someone got a "great deal" on another on black friday and just didnt want the plasma anymore.
5. Christmas isn't about buying everyone expensive gifts. It is about Religion and family. I don't like how it is being commercialized, actually all of the holidays are being commercialized. Look at Thanksgiving, it used to be about a joining of cultures and peace, then it was family, now it is shopping as people sit outside waiting for the stores to open.
6. The employees should not have to work those awful hours and deal with the crabby sleep-deprived customers.
7. People are sleep-deprived, adrenaline filled and that is a combination for violence and disaster. shoving, pepper spray, and maybe even guns. Not something I wish to go to or bring my children to.
8. I can't see buying people gifts that cost that much even if it is marked down a lot. If my family has bad feeling towards me because I didnt buy them the latest electronic gadget, then they need to rethink their values.

So that is just my opinion. I am just staying home and cleaning up a bit, doing laundry, and spending time with family today. Have a good day.
Ryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #11  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
TGIF everyone. Glad all of you who celebrated thanksgiving and black friday shopping enjoyed yourself.

I know on maintenance you have 1 free day followed by 2 phase 1 day. So my question is...do we ever stop using IP products? Like will there be a time where we won't follow this diet anymore? I never saw what Phase 4 looks like so just wondering.
I actually wondered the same thing. Am I going to be buying IP products forever? (or alternatives)
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
I actually wondered the same thing. Am I going to be buying IP products forever? (or alternatives)
Holly cow, you're so beautiful, you look amazing! What a difference huh! You must be feeling great!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #13  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Quote:
Holly cow, you're so beautiful, you look amazing! What a difference huh! You must be feeling great!
Awww thank you! Gotta love the morning hair...lol. I am feeling great, more energy and able to fit into normal clothes, it's great. I can't wait to get my last 17lbs off.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

You look GREAT YvetteSki! Thanks for sharing!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #15  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:

I read somewhere and can't find it now, maybe my coach just said it to me. You don't have to use IP products for your 1 day of phase 1 after a fun day. As long as you stick to the procotol phase 1 it doesn't matter what packets you are using. From what I understand from the handout, you will be on maintenance for life. and it is just one day a week you HAVE to use protein packet, or you can use your own protein. Just thought I would quote the last paragraph of the phase 4 handout...

"RE-SET THE "PENDULUM" EVERY YEAR
Make sure your client know that it is NORMAL to gain weight. Gaining say 7 lbs. over the course of the year is NOT a failure. Do not stress about Thanksgiving or the Holidays, ENJOY THEM, because WE have a PLAN. Every year, following the Holidays, the client should schedule an appointment with their Ideal Protein Clinic and rest the "pendulum" (ie the pancreas). Let's she those few pounds we put on in the course of the year in a couple of weeks. Those 7 pounds won't become the 50 pounds it once was, and of course, we will not need any of those prescription drugs we were once dependent upon. This is SO enpowering! Think of this as REAL health insurance! Weight gain and all the clinical probelms associated with this will never have to be a problem again!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
IDEAL PROTEIN is a business so yes they probably would like to see you buy their products for ever... it doesn't say anywhere in the documentation that you MUST by ip products you can always use alternatives. I kind of like the IP products but it get expensive... But the one box should last you 2 weeks so that is much more reasonable.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote