Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 01:01 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 10/28/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-28-2011, 07:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 159.8/142.2/135

Height: 5ft 2

Good Morning wuv & Group;Just wanted to say,Thank-you all for the BDay wishes,and Happy Birthday to those who shared the same special day as me.

My sister & I had an awesome day!! Shopped til we dropped...LOL

Have a great week-end everyone.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #3  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Sheena..I love shopping with my sister! I am glad you enjoyed your Bd.

Off to start Phase 3 and eat a real breakfast. It seems like a lot of food.

Good luck on IP today everyone.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #4  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

TGIF~Hoping for a good day @ work. I'll get some smoked pork chops for supper tonite...They are so good. Have a great day OP everyone
Old 10-28-2011, 07:55 AM   #5  

Good morning all! Busy day at school and I am up early. We are culminating our Red Ribbon week (drug awareness) with an assembly and prizes so I know the kids will be hyper. Then, of course, we have Halloween on Monday and all of this on top of end of the quarter and trying to get those last minute assignments done!!!

I decided to treat myself and go to a stamping class tomorrow. I pay $13 to make 3 cards and use her supplies and hopefully learn something new. It's fun.

Still in my dieting funk and eating too much at night. I might need to phase out for awhile. I can't afford to do this diet if I 'm not serious. What will it take to get me back where I was? I am going to try to read some more of Dr. Tran's book this weekend and see what he says.

Have a great Friday and stay out of the Halloween treats! Anybody going to a Halloween party this weekend?
Old 10-28-2011, 08:01 AM   #6  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning all! Busy day at school and I am up early. We are culminating our Red Ribbon week (drug awareness) with an assembly and prizes so I know the kids will be hyper. Then, of course, we have Halloween on Monday and all of this on top of end of the quarter and trying to get those last minute assignments done!!!

I decided to treat myself and go to a stamping class tomorrow. I pay $13 to make 3 cards and use her supplies and hopefully learn something new. It's fun.

Still in my dieting funk and eating too much at night. I might need to phase out for awhile. I can't afford to do this diet if I 'm not serious. What will it take to get me back where I was? I am going to try to read some more of Dr. Tran's book this weekend and see what he says.

Have a great Friday and stay out of the Halloween treats! Anybody going to a Halloween party this weekend?
Sandy..We are ending Red ribbon week also..and the end of the quarter. Need to do report cards.
I am working at a school Halloween carnival tonight..where candy will be passed out freely. I am feeling positive about not eating candy.
I am sorry you are having a hard time keeping on track.would changing phases help?
Old 10-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

I am hosting a Halloween party on Sunday. There will be a lot of junk food there but I have been mentally preparing myself for it so I shouldn't be tempted. Besides I'll be so busy catering to everyone that I will not have time to eat. I planned the main meal around my diet, so no one will notice
Old 10-28-2011, 08:18 AM   #8  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Good Morning from Redbird Nation!! How many of you are following the World Series. I am a life long Cardinal Fan and what an amazing game!!! May have to hold my eyeballs open with toothpicks. Not much sleep around here with these late games!
My weight has been stagnant this week-I guess my body is just trying to balance it's self. I will get plugging along and hopefully show a bit of a loss by Tuesday.
Just need to keep focused and moving ahead. Halloween will be tough because I LOVE candy. Glad my kids are past trick or treating so they are not bringing tons of candy and treats from school into the house. I.will.be.strong!
Happy Friday everyone!!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #9  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludolphin View Post
I am hosting a Halloween party on Sunday. There will be a lot of junk food there but I have been mentally preparing myself for it so I shouldn't be tempted. Besides I'll be so busy catering to everyone that I will not have time to eat. I planned the main meal around my diet, so no one will notice
Good for you for planning ahead! You can do it!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Good Morning from Redbird Nation!! How many of you are following the World Series. I am a life long Cardinal Fan and what an amazing game!!! May have to hold my eyeballs open with toothpicks. Not much sleep around here with these late games!
My weight has been stagnant this week-I guess my body is just trying to balance it's self. I will get plugging along and hopefully show a bit of a loss by Tuesday.
Just need to keep focused and moving ahead. Halloween will be tough because I LOVE candy. Glad my kids are past trick or treating so they are not bringing tons of candy and treats from school into the house. I.will.be.strong!
Happy Friday everyone!!
Congrats to the Cardinals for winning, I only follow when the Twins are in it

I love candy too. I purchased ours already but hid it in a spot so I would have to get the step stool, move a bunch of stuff off the top of the fridge and then get to it. I don't want to put forth the effort so it has been working...Monday night might be another story, but I have an idea for that...been thinking I'll dress up as a hostage, with my mouth duct taped and my hands bind Hmm just thought some parents might be freaked out so maybe I'll pin a note to my chest.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #11  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning! We are going to my Aunt's house for a Halloween party Monday evening. The kids will Trick or Treat there. Nobody does that on our little road, the houses are too far apart and it's really dark. I'm not too worried about candy. I'm not much of a candy eater anyway. It's food at the party that I will want to eat. But I won't, unless it's IP approved. I'll make sure that I am prepared and will bring something that I know I can eat or wait until I get home.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Great game last night. Texas fan now since we moved here last year, but truthfully in my heart I will always be a Giants fan since I was born and raised in San Francisco.

Another busy day. And tomorrow night we are invited to a Halloween party, but I'm prepared. She is serving nothing that I can eat, so I told her I will bring my own main course (chicken). She also asked everyone to bring a side dish to share. I'm bringing cut up vegetables with a dip. I'll skip the dip of course, but will enjoy the veggies. I'm sure I will be fine. I'm now in a new decade and that is more fun than eating any Halloween candy can be.

Have a great Friday everyone.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks so much for all of the birthday wishes yesterday!

I got the greatest gift. Had WI#4 and lost another 3.4! That is 20.2 pounds in 4 weeks! They also took my measurements for the first time and I have lost 12.25 inches! I'm still in shock and so so happy! The goal was to lose at least 30 pounds by the wedding (12/31/11) and I'm going to blow that out of the water.

I was so excited to get on this morning and share with you all. You all are the greatest cheerleaders anyone could ask for! Have a great day and keep warm out there.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post
Thanks so much for all of the birthday wishes yesterday!

I got the greatest gift. Had WI#4 and lost another 3.4! That is 20.2 pounds in 4 weeks! They also took my measurements for the first time and I have lost 12.25 inches! I'm still in shock and so so happy! The goal was to lose at least 30 pounds by the wedding (12/31/11) and I'm going to blow that out of the water.

I was so excited to get on this morning and share with you all. You all are the greatest cheerleaders anyone could ask for! Have a great day and keep warm out there.
congratulations! You have to be feeling so good. You'll hit your wedding goal.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post

Sandy,
I made cards last week, really cute and tuesday I went to a class that you stamp and did a 3 picture frame for the 3 seasons, it will make a great gift!

I am phasing out, still on phase 2 until next friday and I lost 2.2lbs this week. I don't think it is bad at all to phase when you feel "burnt out" or diet fatigue. I will jump back on in January when nobody has parties, they just stay inside by the fire. You go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. I figure by spring I will be at my goal. I also figure that I am comfortable, all my numbers are excellent, I am not going to stress my body or my mind over the holidays. I don't mean I am going crazy, I will follow maintenance, but I want to have a "cheat" day for a Christmas party, esp. for the International One. We go to a party that everyone brings a dish from their heritage. I am Irish and brought bread pudding with hard sauce, my husband is German and brough a Kuchen (now we are really mutts, but I am mostly Irish, as my dad is) We work with people from all around the world and the food is so fun and amazing!

Just don't over-think it, do what feels right.
Closed Thread