Old 11-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #1  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default Is Potassium Acesulfame ok on IP?

Hello everyone,

As I am using alternative products, last time I was reading labels on one of the protein powder I wanted to buy to see if it has aspartame, the gentleman at GNC asked me what I was looking for while reading, so I told him that I cannot have aspartame and I wanted to see if this product has it, so he took the box and read and in a second told me: yes it has aspartame, so I replied that I did not read aspartame anywhere, where did he see it, and this is when he told me that potassium acesulfame is the same as aspartame.

I googled it later on and I see that it is different.

But now I am not quite sure if we can have products with potassium acesulfame or not, because I am not quite sure if it has the same effect as aspartame.

If anybody knows, please help.

Big thank you.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 143/126.2/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi.... I also see that Mio, which I have been told is fine to use on Ideal Protein, has listed in it's ingredients Acesulfame (sweeteners). I have been using this but now am curious also if it is really Asparteme. I think I will discontinue for now. Back to drinking plain water with lemon!
molliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by molliegirl View Post
Hi.... I also see that Mio, which I have been told is fine to use on Ideal Protein, has listed in it's ingredients Acesulfame (sweeteners). I have been using this but now am curious also if it is really Asparteme. I think I will discontinue for now. Back to drinking plain water with lemon!
Oh gosh I have been using the Mio like crazy. I would like to hear about the Acesulfame from someone, the Mio makes the water possible for me.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #4  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Oh gosh I have been using the Mio like crazy. I would like to hear about the Acesulfame from someone, the Mio makes the water possible for me.
Well... I assume if MIO is ok on IP and it has acesulfame, I guess that would make acesulfame ok on IP, but would love to hear from others.

Thank you.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Well... I assume if MIO is ok on IP and it has acesulfame, I guess that would make acesulfame ok on IP, but would love to hear from others.

Thank you.
Please don't take what I said about the Mio to mean it is okay on IP. My coach said he would looke into it, but he hasn't gotten back to me. Perhaps someone else can speak more to the specific ingredient and help us both.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #6  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Please don't take what I said about the Mio to mean it is okay on IP. My coach said he would looke into it, but he hasn't gotten back to me. Perhaps someone else can speak more to the specific ingredient and help us both.

I heard from many members, many of whom are very knowledgeable about this diet (like Wuv for example) that MIO is ok... Never used it myself, I don't believe we have it in Canada.

I agree... I hope someone else would help us both
Old 11-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #7  
Restarting IP 100%

Default I just discovered it is ok to have it

I kept on searching and searching about this subject until I found this file (attached) with the IP ingredients, and I am so glad to reassure you that most of them have acesulfame in them, so I conclude that it is ok.

I am sorry, I just opened a thread and then found the answer myself, lol.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Ingredients[1].pdf (581.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 11-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 143/126.2/120

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the info! If it's in the IP ingredients I am taking that as it's OP. So happy as it really makes getting that last liter of water in easier
molliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote