Old 12-02-2010, 05:36 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Thurs. 2 Dec. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

_____

Click here to review yesterday's daily thread

Last edited by EatAnts; 12-02-2010 at 05:46 AM.
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:20 AM   #2  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Height: 5'9"

Default Question from yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
I have a question about ready-to-eat jello.

I found some fat-free jello at the grocery store.

One cup is 5 calories, no fat and no carbs.

Can I eat one?

Anyone who can lend their opinion, I welcome it!

L
It probably has aspertame, but if it doesn't, please let us know.
tedski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #3  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedski View Post
It probably has aspertame, but if it doesn't, please let us know.
Thanks for your reply!

Well I have checked the label and here it is:

Calories - 5
Fat - 0
Sodium - 35 mg
Carbs - 0
Sugars - 0
Protein - 1 g

Then I checked the ingredients:

water, gelatin, adipic acid, sodium citrate, artificial flavour, citric acid, aspartame (contains phenylalanine), acesulfame-potassium, salt, colour, dimethylpolysiloxane.

Wow -- those are some ingredients! So you are correct that there is aspartame. It then goes on to say that there is 44 mg of aspartame and 14 mg of acesulfame-potassium per 92 g serving (one cup).

So does this mean we can't eat it?

Look forward to all comments.

Thanks!
L
JonathanandZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/245/200

Height: 5'10"

Good morning all...

Feeling a little grouchy today - and at times my emotions influence my eating. I figured (at the very least) I would put a quick note on here declaring that I will not cheat today! A little accountability never hurt huh?

Hope everyone has a good day!
rs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning all! Sooo the xmas dinner thingy last night.. WELL they changed the 'fixed' menu on all of us... but it worked in MY favour...I ended up having this:
I jumbo shrimp sitting (very pretty) in a tablespoon of guacamole, then Tomate Antiboise which was 3 slices of tomatoe and between each slice was a bit of tuna stuff...then they brought French onion soup.... I took like a bit of cheese, and about 9 scoops of the bouillion ONLY...left all that delish cheese and bread IN the bowl... and it did not bother me to see it be taken away by the waitress LOL. FRESH bread baskets on the table.... TOOK NONE...was not even tempted.... then the beef came...ate all that... plus broccoli, and 2 stalks of asparagus.... desert came... creme caramel.... I said NO THANK YOU.... woo hoooo.... but did have like 3 glasses of red wine... result? NO gain this a.m.... just a sore head a bit as i do not know the last time I had wine LOLOLOL.......... so IP all the way today, along with my water and trying a new recipe tonight for 'pan seared sea scallops'........
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #6  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Already started out to be a horrible day. I am a consumate weigher. I weigh myself in the morning, and before going to bed. Crazy I know. But someone would have to take away my scale for me to stop.
After all that rant, for 3 days no WL. I am following the diet to a T, can not figure it out. I am sick and not working therefore not getting any exercise as the couch has become my friend. Could this be why? Thanks Everyone. Hope you have an awesome day!!!
Peanuts Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Already started out to be a horrible day. I am a consumate weigher. I weigh myself in the morning, and before going to bed. Crazy I know. But someone would have to take away my scale for me to stop.
After all that rant, for 3 days no WL. I am following the diet to a T, can not figure it out. I am sick and not working therefore not getting any exercise as the couch has become my friend. Could this be why? Thanks Everyone. Hope you have an awesome day!!!
I am not sure....but all I can say from MY personal experience is that for the last month or so...I will stay at weight for 3-even 6 days...then poof! down 1, 2 or 2.5 lbs. I have NO desire to stray away from IP as the results have been amazing...why go backwards.... stick to it... it will pay off.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #8  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all! Sooo the xmas dinner thingy last night.. WELL they changed the 'fixed' menu on all of us... but it worked in MY favour...I ended up having this:
I jumbo shrimp sitting (very pretty) in a tablespoon of guacamole, then Tomate Antiboise which was 3 slices of tomatoe and between each slice was a bit of tuna stuff...then they brought French onion soup.... I took like a bit of cheese, and about 9 scoops of the bouillion ONLY...left all that delish cheese and bread IN the bowl... and it did not bother me to see it be taken away by the waitress LOL. FRESH bread baskets on the table.... TOOK NONE...was not even tempted.... then the beef came...ate all that... plus broccoli, and 2 stalks of asparagus.... desert came... creme caramel.... I said NO THANK YOU.... woo hoooo.... but did have like 3 glasses of red wine... result? NO gain this a.m.... just a sore head a bit as i do not know the last time I had wine LOLOLOL.......... so IP all the way today, along with my water and trying a new recipe tonight for 'pan seared sea scallops'........
You did fantastic!! Congratulations!!
Peanuts Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #9  

Quote:
You did fantastic!! Congratulations!!
hahhahaha thank you......... it truly gives me hope for the xmas season.. now all I need to do to boost my confidence a bit more is get OUT of the '70s this month... I think I will pass out when the scale says 169 LOL
Old 12-02-2010, 08:52 AM   #10  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Default WI Results!

Well I am on Cloud 39 today.

Had my WI yesterday and after losing 2 pounds the past two weeks, this week finally paid off and I lost 8.4 pounds!!!!!

This program WORKS and I am so glad that I found it. Thanks to my great friend, Brenda, for letting me in on it.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

I am going to have a Snickers bar today to celebrate --- JUST KIDDING!!!

L
JonathanandZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Well I am on Cloud 39 today.

Had my WI yesterday and after losing 2 pounds the past two weeks, this week finally paid off and I lost 8.4 pounds!!!!!

This program WORKS and I am so glad that I found it. Thanks to my great friend, Brenda, for letting me in on it.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

I am going to have a Snickers bar today to celebrate --- JUST KIDDING!!!

L
WHAT???????????? 8 in ONE week ?? OMGGGGGGGGG congrats...that is figgin' amazing !!!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #12  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Are you taking any medications for being sick? Meds can affect weight loss. If you are taking cold stuff you need to make sure it doesn't have sugar in it--ones for diabetics are what I hear suggested.

Our bodies do things differently when we are sick to try to recover, so that could affect you lack of weight loss. But honestly, 3 days isn't something I would worry about. There are so many things that could cause little stalls like that and then, the next day or a few days later there can be a big drop.

I woke up this morning fighting something myself. I've been lazy about taking the supplements that I usually do and I think I'm paying the price. Oh well, time to take them now! I'm also really craving orange juice--guess it's time for some vitamin C.

Last edited by Marionm; 12-02-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 137/127/115

Height: 5ft3"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs44 View Post
Good morning all...

Feeling a little grouchy today - and at times my emotions influence my eating. I figured (at the very least) I would put a quick note on here declaring that I will not cheat today! A little accountability never hurt huh?

Hope everyone has a good day!

I am feeling the same way this morning! I just started the diet last Saturday, today being day 6 and with all the things that I cut out of my diet like wine, cheese, crackers...etc...I guess I thought by day six I would have seen a difference in myself, but I don't. My first weigh in is this Saturday and I was hoping to see a 6 pound drop being the first week and all. They say you loose the most on your first week. I have no desire to cheat, but hope I feel better after Saturday's weigh in. We just have to have faith. How can we not we all these people dropping pounds..right?
Hope your day picks up!

Cheers
jenn2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 137/127/115

Height: 5ft3"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
I am not sure....but all I can say from MY personal experience is that for the last month or so...I will stay at weight for 3-even 6 days...then poof! down 1, 2 or 2.5 lbs. I have NO desire to stray away from IP as the results have been amazing...why go backwards.... stick to it... it will pay off.

You are just like me...lol. I can't help but step on the scale a few times a day to see if there is any change. I know they say not to, but I've always weighed myself daily. I am currently on day 6 of the program and feeling a little bummed myself. Im not seeing any change and I was hoping for a 6 pound drop at my first weigh in this Saturday...somehow I don't think thats going to happen. I suppose any lose is good, but after all the positive changes I have made to my diet, like no wine, cheese, crackers, I thought by day 6 that I would have all ready lost 6 pounds...wishful thinking eh!

Keep trucking a long, and hopefully we will see the results we are looking for, if not this week maybe next week. Good luck!
jenn2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

I made my husband hide the scale my 2nd week into the program.
I was weighing myself every time I went pee!
Now I still weigh myself when I get on my Wii, but that is only a couple of times a week - I find it much better on my sanity!
When I look at why I haven't lost weight for a bit, it's usually because I'm retaining water and haven't drank enough water. If I don't drink at least 100 oz a day I won't lose the same way.
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote