Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #46  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
YOU are so funny. I even had to chuckle out loud! So now I have patients looking at me wondering if I am laughing at them! LOL

So I got called into another clinic that is a whole lot busier than the one that I am used to! but its nice to be busy and not have to twidle my thumbs all day!! So glad that its friday though! Today is normally my day off! but not the case today!

Hope eveyone has a wonderful OP weekend!
HAHAHA...SEE you knew what I was talking about....lol....glad to make you chuckle...does the heart good!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 144/120/122

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I have trouble with that too, sometimes i have barely 700 and i thought it was low too but i was just told do follow the program and don't worry about that. I mean if each IP product is around 120 calories, that's about 360 calories, add about 100 calories in veggies (don't even think its that much), its only about 460 calories, we would have to have a lot of heavy protein at dinner to make it way above 700.
Remember though, that you're also burning your stored fat as fuel...so if you lose 4 lbs a week, 4 x 3500 (the amount of calories in 1 lb of fat) = 14,000, and 14,000 ÷ 7 = 2,000, so you're actually getting 2700 calories a day. And fat burns clean and hot, which is why once you're in ketosis, as long as you're not cheating, you will feel GOOD and have plenty of energy. So yeah, don't stress yourself out counting calories...just follow the program.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #48  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Great Job on the WI's for the both of you!!...OK, I am going to BITE my tongue and not say a word but those of you know what I am talking about.....haha
LOL...I was waiting for it!! I was thinking the same thing!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #49  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique06 View Post
WI# 2 today and lost 5.8lbs for a total of 14.1lbs and 13 inches in 2 weeks!! Feeling amazing!! lbs!!

I am so happy for all of you in this site, it sure makes a difference!!
Yay, way to go sis!!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
LOL...I was waiting for it!! I was thinking the same thing!
LOL same here!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:30 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 169/147.2/125

Height: 5'3"

Hello all, I'm Lee Ann, up in Fairbanks, AK. Happy Friday!! Looking forward to WI tomorrow. Hopefully more than just 1#, but if it is, I'll take it. Congrats to all the loses, this site is definitely a pick-me-up. Have a great weekend.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyAK63 View Post
Hello all, I'm Lee Ann, up in Fairbanks, AK. Happy Friday!! Looking forward to WI tomorrow. Hopefully more than just 1#, but if it is, I'll take it. Congrats to all the loses, this site is definitely a pick-me-up. Have a great weekend.
Good Luck on your weight in....just do me a favor IF you lose a pound or less DO NOT SAY ONLY in front of it.....it is a LOSS no matter what.....you won't have to carry that around with you any longer....can you do that for me?...lol
Old 10-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning all! Busy day at school and I am up early. We are culminating our Red Ribbon week (drug awareness) with an assembly and prizes so I know the kids will be hyper. Then, of course, we have Halloween on Monday and all of this on top of end of the quarter and trying to get those last minute assignments done!!!

I decided to treat myself and go to a stamping class tomorrow. I pay $13 to make 3 cards and use her supplies and hopefully learn something new. It's fun.

Still in my dieting funk and eating too much at night. I might need to phase out for awhile. I can't afford to do this diet if I 'm not serious. What will it take to get me back where I was? I am going to try to read some more of Dr. Tran's book this weekend and see what he says.

Have a great Friday and stay out of the Halloween treats! Anybody going to a Halloween party this weekend?
Sandy,
Instead of phasing off, I suggest you go to phase 2 for awile-only 2 packets a day and in my opinion, MUCH more satisfying. I continued to lose in phase 2. Really consider it and STAY AWAY FROM THE BARS! They make you want more due to the higher carb content. You can do it! You are so close to goal!
Old 10-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 169/147.2/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good Luck on your weight in....just do me a favor IF you lose a pound or less DO NOT SAY ONLY in front of it.....it is a LOSS no matter what.....you won't have to carry that around with you any longer....can you do that for me?...lol
wuv2bloved,

I can do!!!! And you are right. I'll let ya'll know tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #55  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Alrighty... I am now off work! YAYYYY! I see everyone is busy or something today... the boards are pretty quiet again...
Old 10-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

wuv, what were you biting your tongue for? I didn't see the work "only" anywhere or did I miss it?

was a day that I had to talk myself into eating, wasn't very hungry. I wonder why some days are like that, hmmm.

onward my friends
Old 10-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
I am tried of the BIG C, I will be throwing a tablespoon of Mag-Citrate in my drink. Good thinking. I tried chugging half a bottle over a week ago, that was rough. but it seemed to help a little.

Well this is my first Halloween without stuffing my face with candy all month. This morning I drank dark chocolate pudding and at lunch I have chocolate puffs, and tonight I will have the hot chocolate drink. Monday I am planning to snack on cut up pieces of the carmel nut bar while I pass out all the yummy candy I bought and told myself I'd buy the gross yucky stuff, but I didn't think it would be fair to punish the kids with blah candy just because I am a fatty. hehe
I survived the kiddy's at my school parading around getting candy from my office today. (We had them dress up today so they aren't hyper on a Monday).

Still at 145 but losing inches... COME ON TEN LBS GET OFF MY BELLY!!!

To those thinking of phasing off before goal and holidays, don't feel guilty. that is a good plan! just phase off properly and jump back on if you feel you need to in January. I plan to do the same if I am not where I want to be by December 15th. Thankgiving I can survive but after that I will get super social and challenging. You all are not alone!!! Well done!!

HAVE A GREAT OP WEEKEND EVERYONE! STAY STRONG AND RESIST THE CANDY!
I always say the same thing, that I am going to buy the candy that I don't like, but then I think "there's a reason I don't like it!". And I feel bad handing out bad candy...
Old 10-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #58  

Default Bars

I am addicted to the bars. I have been op for 7 weeks, down 17(wuv, did you notice I really wanted to say only 17 but didnt thanks to you, because you are right a loss is a loss). I have cheated a couple times this week with having two bars in one day and my weight loss has stalled....surprise, surprise. I get frustrated with myself but then keep doing it cause the other stuff doesnt satisfy me the way a bar does. The guy at IP headquarters told me they did a study those that had a snack with 15-18 carbs once a day and those that stuck to thier carbs to drinks, puddings,etc and the weight loss was the same. Conclusion is those that had a bar or soy puffs didnt feel deprived and was easier to stay on plan. But I agree I think because I have had 2 bars a couple times this week it has made me want more. i think having too many carbs just makes me want more and today i had a mini binge and had 4 bars. Seems like everyone only talks about how perfect they r on plan, so I feel a guilty but want to be honest.

Here is to an OP day tomorrow! Getting veggies and water in. Just curious wanted to know how many of you enjoy a bar or other restricted once a day and how many just dont do restrictives?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
wuv, what were you biting your tongue for? I didn't see the work "only" anywhere or did I miss it?

was a day that I had to talk myself into eating, wasn't very hungry. I wonder why some days are like that, hmmm.

onward my friends
Yes Bella, you missed it someone said the O word!!!.....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
I am addicted to the bars. I have been op for 7 weeks, down 17(wuv, did you notice I really wanted to say only 17 but didnt thanks to you, because you are right a loss is a loss). I have cheated a couple times this week with having two bars in one day and my weight loss has stalled....surprise, surprise. I get frustrated with myself but then keep doing it cause the other stuff doesnt satisfy me the way a bar does. The guy at IP headquarters told me they did a study those that had a snack with 15-18 carbs once a day and those that stuck to thier carbs to drinks, puddings,etc and the weight loss was the same. Conclusion is those that had a bar or soy puffs didnt feel deprived and was easier to stay on plan. But I agree I think because I have had 2 bars a couple times this week it has made me want more. i think having too many carbs just makes me want more and today i had a mini binge and had 4 bars. Seems like everyone only talks about how perfect they r on plan, so I feel a guilty but want to be honest.

Here is to an OP day tomorrow! Getting veggies and water in. Just curious wanted to know how many of you enjoy a bar or other restricted once a day and how many just dont do restrictives?
Thanks Grandby!! and when it comes to the bar or other restricted I have mine for breakfast and that is it. I buy 7 so i only can eat 7. I have to buy by the box SOOOOOO....ONLY buy as many as you need for the week so you aren't tempted to eat more!.....you should eat more veggies instead of more bars or some lettuce. YOU CAN DO ONLY ONE BAR a day!!!....put it in your head!.....NO more slips!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 218.7/218.7/150

Height: 5'6

Default Back on Track

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great week. I want to share a story that I hope will help those struggling. In November last year, I started Ideal Protein, with a great success, I lost 56 lbs from November - May. When I got back from vacation down south, I fell off the wagon, and gained back 29 lbs as of weigh in last Saturday the 17th. I went for my weigh in today, and down 10 lbs. It feels great to be getting back on track, however it makes me angry at myself to know, if when on a roll back in April/May if I would have stuck to it, I would be the weight I want to be now, and not relosing the crap that I already lost. It sort of feels like you cleaned your house and then decided to distroy it and have to reclean....

I guess the main purpose of this is to let everyone and anyone know, if your on program, doing great, don't and I mean do not think "oh i'll just take one day off and get back on program" I did that and my one day turned into a week then it turned into a month then eventually it turned into 29 lbs later...

It feels good to be back and motivated, it's Friday night, i've had a perfect IP day and not snacks and drinks tonight....

Thank you everyone for your wonderful stories here, this site is what got me back, I wanted everything you guys had with the success of your programs.
Closed Thread