Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #31  

Thanks Maile and Pxlkitty4!!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #32  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I have a question. Are all of you eating fats with your breakafasts?
PixleKitty: I noticed that you eat whipped butter..which I have never tried..but got because it is lower that butter. I just have trouble with seeing something like Peanut butter having 200 cal and 16 gms of fat..even one tablespoon is high. However, it seems like we are supposed to eat fats.
Wildflower made a spread sheet. I may have it in my pm and will send it to you.

Pauley: I have bright green Halloween cat leggings to go with the hair! Now I have to find a costume as we have to dress up for a school carnival on Friday. Your Bd is getting closer! I think my husband would glad to have me
share food with him for once!

Woolberger: glad you had a good time at the wedding. Do you live in Denver. I am making xmas travel plans and remembered being stuck because Denver airport was snowed out.

Capricious.Your pumkin pie latte sounds very good. I am going to make a latter on Phase 3 ..but have not figured out which milk to use..maybe soy.

Itsabouttime..I slowed to weeks of 1 pound losses..It is normal as you are closer to goal.

SourirelLuminex..Welcome!

Last edited by Maile; 10-24-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #33  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
I have a question. Are all of you eating fats with your breakafasts?
PixleKitty: I noticed that you eat whipped butter..which I have never tried..but got because it is lower that butter. I just have trouble with seeing something like Peanut butter having 200 cal and 16 gms of fat..even one tablespoon is high. However, it seems like we are supposed to eat fats.
Wildflower made a spread sheet. I may have it in my pm and will send it to you.
Thanks! I will look for the spreadsheet. I use whipped butter because more goes further, and it seems to spread better right out of the fridge. It basically has more air in it than regular butter. The guideline for phase 3 is 15 gms or less of fat per breakfast. I try to do that for phase 4 too...
Old 10-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #34  

Height: 5'4"

I forwarded it to you Pxl just about 2 minutes ago. Let me know if you don't get it.

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 10-24-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #35  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post

I was in on the Saturday free day as well... really enjoyed my pumpkin spice latte and the banana muffins I had made and my husband kept exclaiming over- I always want to be able to taste them when that happens
How do you make the Pumpkin Latte? Do you use SF pumpkin syrup of some kind. I was very disappointed that Starbucks could not make me a skinny one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I

Please tell me it's normal to go down slow, and maybe even go up a little here and there, in the end. I'm struggling all of the sudden because my losses are coming slow. I know I had a 4 in the past few weeks but my avg is still not that great. I always burn out after about 3 or 4 months and I'm getting to that point so good numbers are what I need to keep going. I don't want to binge, just getting sick of this phase. (And as sick as I am of phase 1, I'm scared to move and feel so uneducated on what comes next.) Don't get me wrong, I feel great and don't plan on ever eating like I did before but I'm ready to introduce a few things again. I am going to stalk this thread and try to prepare for what comes next since I'm only about 4 weeks from phase 2 if that's ok with all of you.
I think everybody slows down at the end. I also felt more hungry and took that as a sign my body was done. I raised my goal weight and started the phase off process. Remember, we picked that goal weight out of thin air when we were unhappy with ourselves. It's just a number. How do you feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post

Woolberger: glad you had a good time at the wedding. Do you live in Denver. I am making xmas travel plans and remembered being stuck because Denver airport was snowed out.
I live in Louisville which is about 20-25 miles northwest of Denver, close to Boulder. Funny you should mention the weather. It is supposed to be 80 and beautiful today, and be 33 and snow on Wednesday. Winter is upon us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Thanks! I will look for the spreadsheet. I use whipped butter because more goes further, and it seems to spread better right out of the fridge. It basically has more air in it than regular butter. The guideline for phase 3 is 15 gms or less of fat per breakfast. I try to do that for phase 4 too...
I haven't heard of this spreadsheet either. Is it something we can share here or is it someone's personal info?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lynn
Old 10-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
I think everybody slows down at the end. I also felt more hungry and took that as a sign my body was done. I raised my goal weight and started the phase off process. Remember, we picked that goal weight out of thin air when we were unhappy with ourselves. It's just a number. How do you feel?

I haven't heard of this spreadsheet either. Is it something we can share here or is it someone's personal info?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lynn
I feel hungry all the time. Which is strange because just a few weeks ago I wasn't hungry ever. I've been eating my night time snack after work about 4 so I don't snack on horrible things before dinner is ready. Other than that, I feel wonderful. A little burnt out but that's to be expected.

I will forward you the speadsheet also. I'm sure Wild won't mind because it's nothing big, just some of her breakfasts from phase 3.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Wow...I'm just back off a road trip and SOooo much has happened here! We're stickied, we're in volume 2 of the maintainers. Sounds like the sequel to a good novel :0)
I feel a little out of it, so I'm hitting fat secret as soon as I finish posting here. Congrats to everyone for free days and recovery days and working it all out one day at a time.
I don't think I am going to lose any weight during the maintenance challenge, but I don't think I'll have gained more than when I started the challenge.
What I have to decide is how badly do I really want to lose another 10 lbs?
This is the year anniversary of when I started IP last year and I know a yearly phase 1 reboot is recommended by Dr. Trien, so I will consider doing that after our challenge is over. Just not sure if I want to do it IP/Atkiins or WW style or a mix.
Have a great day and welcome to everyone whose just joined the maintenance thread. It's the bomb!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #38  
Maintaining-March, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Wow...I'm just back off a road trip and SOooo much has happened here! We're stickied, we're in volume 2 of the maintainers. Sounds like the sequel to a good novel :0)
I feel a little out of it, so I'm hitting fat secret as soon as I finish posting here. Congrats to everyone for free days and recovery days and working it all out one day at a time.
I don't think I am going to lose any weight during the maintenance challenge, but I don't think I'll have gained more than when I started the challenge.
What I have to decide is how badly do I really want to lose another 10 lbs?
This is the year anniversary of when I started IP last year and I know a yearly phase 1 reboot is recommended by Dr. Trien, so I will consider doing that after our challenge is over. Just not sure if I want to do it IP/Atkiins or WW style or a mix.
Have a great day and welcome to everyone whose just joined the maintenance thread. It's the bomb!
I've been thinking about the same thing Sunnymae. I am at my 1 year anniversary too but this seems like a bad time to do Phases 1,2 & 3 right before the holidays. I'm thinking I will make Januarys the time for my annual reboots. It should take 5-6 weeks to go through phases I-III correctly. Anyone else want to make that the New Year's Reboot Challenge? I'm thinking of starting 1/9/12.

Lynn

Last edited by woolberger; 10-24-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #39  

Do you just do 2 weeks in each phase to reboot?
Old 10-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #40  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

May I ask a question about the 1-year re-tooling? For some reason I though it began one year after you completed the program. I don't have any evidence for that at all; just an assumption. Anyone else think that?
Old 10-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I did get the spreadsheet from Wildflowers. Now if someone could do something like that for me for me well, always, I'd be set! My name is LessofLynsey on there because ItsAboutTime was taken already. (Just so people don't get confused.)
Do you mind pointing me to where you found that spreadsheet? Also, if you want to add TLVancouver as a buddy on fatsecret I'd love to connect in as well - my username was taken too!
Old 10-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

I'm glad a few people have mentioned the annual re-boot thing. I'm confused about that. I've read the book more than once, but it is still not clear to me why we would need to do it. If we've been successful in maintaining our weight, than why would it be necessary?

Thanks,

Karen
Old 10-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #43  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenfromtexas View Post
I'm glad a few people have mentioned the annual re-boot thing. I'm confused about that. I've read the book more than once, but it is still not clear to me why we would need to do it. If we've been successful in maintaining our weight, than why would it be necessary?

Thanks,

Karen
I have to agree with you. If someone is at their goal weight and they feel good, there should be no reason to do phase 1...
Old 10-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #44  
Maintaining-March, 2011

I remember reading in one of Novak's posts in the "Life After" thread (post # 27) about her phase 4 workshop. Her coach said you could do 2 weeks of phase I annually if you wanted. I don't think it is a requirement but I also don't think it will hurt. I had borderline hyperglycemia before I started IP last year so it seemed like a good idea to "Reset" my pancreas annually by going through the phases. No science behind it that I know of. The gist of the post was to do what works for you.

Lynn
Old 10-24-2011, 07:48 PM   #45  

Default Phase 3 what do I do?

I am 2 pounds from my phase 2 goal and will be moving to phase 3 soon......though I am nervous. Have no idea about breakfast or dinner ideas......everyone keeps saying to look at stickies.....I cant find them, nor do I have time to read 100 posts to find out some breakfast ideas. I just signed up for fatsecret, though I havent received the email yet to confirm ot. Please add me as your friend and if you have ideas for meal planning or spreadsheets please share. Username should be granby
Closed Thread