Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatinwa View Post
I am all stressed out. I have to go to lunch with my co-workers today. I have looked at the menu at the place we are going and everything is OP. I need to make my order special and my co-workers already think I am so picky they tease me. They do not know I am on IP, I guess today may be the day to come out of the closet.
I have to do a lot of work-related meals. When I order, I always preface it with, "I am the highest maintenance person you've ever met" with a smile and laugh. The servers never mind and with my colleagues, I've either told them I'm trying to take off the last of the baby weight (3 years later!) or just watch myself for a while. That seems to satisfy everyone.

Good luck!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #62  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Well, it's my first day at work since I started back on IP. I have my dinner packed!

This week is going to be so weird since I'm only really in the office and teaching today and then I have oral surgery tomorrow. They are taking out 8 teeth sO I think I will see how it feels to do IP as a totally liquid diet. My debate is whether I eat my meat in the morning before I go (they are not knocking me out) or if I trust that I'll want it and be able to eat it later in the day.

Whatever the case, it will make for an interesting first weigh in. (I'm already seeing the scale move down after 2 days!)
Old 10-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Just looked back on my calendar from last year - and it's been a year since I started IP. On my original consultation I got weighed, but somehow, it never made it to my file, so my starting weight (162)- is the weight from first week. I am so excited to say - that I lost 32 lbs. I'm also excited to say that after I phased off - I maintained a 5 lb gain only, and stayed at that weight for the last 5 months. I've decided to lose a few more lbs and have started back first part of October - I have to admit, it's tough going from maintenance back to strict phase 1. This round, I'm going for about 10 lbs, I just felt more comfortable without the 5lb gain. Just wanted to share - Have a great day!
Old 10-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #64  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Congratulations to all on their Scale and NSVs!!

Wuv - How awesome to reach the century mark! You must celebrate!

2Ride - I have been in IP since March and joined 3FC in July. I aplogize if my numbers misled you. I feel like you and I have been going steady for a while now. So looking forward to you moving on to maintenance, cuz I plan to be right behind you learning all the while!

Gini - Awesome loss this week! You rock!

Jelly - Congrats on a great weigh in. You inspire me. You prove that no matter the schedule or the extra things you take on - you can do this! Cannot wait to see your next avatar.

Jenny - Glad you stopped by; we miss you! Congrats on your WI, you are doing great and getting so close!

Sandy - Awesome WI this week! Hope you can find that motivation within yourself to remain strong for these last few pounds. Looking forward to learning about maintenance from you!

I lost .6 pounds this week. I'll take it! I seem to be on a bigger loss; lesser loss rotation every other week. Hoping for the bigger loss next week. I guess trying the warm water with lemon did not bring the whoosh fairy in my case - I may give that a try again next week becuase it really did warm me up.

I'm finding my inches loss is really slowing down. Did other people find this closer to goal?

Remain Strong!
Jo
Old 10-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #65  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
My debate is whether I eat my meat in the morning before I go (they are not knocking me out) or if I trust that I'll want it and be able to eat it later in the day.

Whatever the case, it will make for an interesting first weigh in. (I'm already seeing the scale move down after 2 days!)
Marion, this is a totally personal response, but I go for the meat in the morning. But if things are still rocky I'd look around for Dover sole. It's in season now. It's the easiest protein I know of to eat. So wish I could get some here.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #66  
I Started IP October 11th

S/C/G: 199/178/130

Height: 5' 3"

Hello Again.
So i Have just discovered KALE CHIPS - OMG so yummy!! But my question is, can i count this towards my "unlimited Salad" or just my 4 cups of veggies each day?
Old 10-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLoMN View Post
I'm finding my inches loss is really slowing down. Did other people find this closer to goal?

Remain Strong!
Jo
I found everything has slowed down for me too. I had a good week last week but it was very much needed. I didn't lose many inches at all last month.

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 10-19-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #68  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLoMN View Post

Congratulations to all on their Scale and NSVs!!

Wuv - How awesome to reach the century mark! You must celebrate!

2Ride - I have been in IP since March and joined 3FC in July. I aplogize if my numbers misled you. I feel like you and I have been going steady for a while now. So looking forward to you moving on to maintenance, cuz I plan to be right behind you learning all the while!

Gini - Awesome loss this week! You rock!

Jelly - Congrats on a great weigh in. You inspire me. You prove that no matter the schedule or the extra things you take on - you can do this! Cannot wait to see your next avatar.

Jenny - Glad you stopped by; we miss you! Congrats on your WI, you are doing great and getting so close!

Sandy - Awesome WI this week! Hope you can find that motivation within yourself to remain strong for these last few pounds. Looking forward to learning about maintenance from you!

I lost .6 pounds this week. I'll take it! I seem to be on a bigger loss; lesser loss rotation every other week. Hoping for the bigger loss next week. I guess trying the warm water with lemon did not bring the whoosh fairy in my case - I may give that a try again next week becuase it really did warm me up.

Remain Strong!
Jo
I have lost 69.5 inches with my 91lbs, I told my coach today that I thought I would of lost more inches and she said its just the way your body is, it will come off eventually. I believe her and I can see the difference it just seems like it should be more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkerchik20 View Post
Hello Again.
So i Have just discovered KALE CHIPS - OMG so yummy!! But my question is, can i count this towards my "unlimited Salad" or just my 4 cups of veggies each day?
Kale chips count toward your 4 cups of veggies the only veggie that is unlimited is the lettuce
Old 10-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #69  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

I am chicken to try the kale chips...
Old 10-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Welcome Pxlkitty, I love doing it and helping others. And before I forget, will you make us another spreadsheet after Halloween is done? I know you are busy but just when you have the time

Welcome Alana, Lots of information, recipes, support and you will make lots of friends here, make yourself at home

Yes, MIO is acceptable on Phase one, Good luck on your journey and make sure to keep us posted!

You can switch your protein to lunch anytime you like but only on occasion and have you packet for dinner. I have done that several times. You have been on the program to be able to eyeball what 2 cups of veggies look like and 8oz of meat. If you have a little more its ok, it won't hurt you that bad. Its better to have too much of what you can have than to have something totally not OP and blow it completely. When I go to my mom's its a 3 hour drive, I make sure I have some cut up veggies I can snack on along with plenty of water to drink and some gum (sugarfree). YOU CAN DO IT!! put your mind right and anything is possible!

WOW, I would give him a warning then next time pop it to him!!

WELL....I DID IT!!.....I REACHED UNDER 300Lbs....I loss 3lbs so I am at 298lbs NOW...A NEW decade!!!....I am SUPER excited, its been 20 years since I have been less than 300lbs, I just don't know what to do with myself right now...I called my mom and she yells WOOHOO!!!!! and my brother says she must of gotten under 300...hahaha... I Love you MOM!! My cousin loss .6 BUT he went eat at a couple of buffets this week and he has NO SELF CONTROL!! When he told me he went eat buffets I KNEW he wouldn't lose very much, he is lucky he didn't gain. He said he will do better this week so we will see.

YEAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Congratulations Lisa!! Amazing job.
I am so happy for you.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 156.8/146.6/130

Height: 5'-3"

Everyone seems to be having a really great day! I'm thrilled to hear about all the continued losses (HOORAY for WUV!) Tomorrow is my 2nd weigh-in, I expect to be down at least another 3-4 pounds. I had absolutely NO cheats this week.

Goal weight, here I come!

are Kale chips something you can buy off the shelf or do you have to make them?

p.s. (what are NSV's?)

Last edited by foxnhound1; 10-19-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #72  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnhound1 View Post
Everyone seems to be having a really great day! I'm thrilled to hear about all the continued losses (HOORAY for WUV!) Tomorrow is my 2nd weigh-in, I expect to be down at least another 3-4 pounds. I had absolutely NO cheats this week.

Goal weight, here I come!

are Kale chips something you can buy off the shelf or do you have to make them?

p.s. (what are NSV's?)
Don't EXPECT to lose a specific number because then you will feel as if you failed if you don't get that, just expect a loss

NSV (non scale victory)

Kale chips are something you make with kale

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 10-19-2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: forgot to answer the kale chips
Old 10-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #73  
started IP 10/10/2011

S/C/G: 356/337 or see ticker/190-200

Height: 5'11

Red face

Hello all, Im new to IDP and this is week 2 for my husband and I. He's lost 17total and I have lost 13 total so far. I am sooo happy that found this site. Reading a lot of post here has helped me through the first week ("**** week"). I think im to the point right now where im tired of preparing my meals. My husband on the other hand hasn’t had any issues with the diet and doesn’t get cravings like I do ( I love bacon and cheese so image what im going through here!) We decided to eat out tonight for the first time. We are going to Red Robin. Any suggestion on what to get that won’t completely blow it?
Old 10-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 156.8/146.6/130

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Don't EXPECT to lose a specific number because then you will feel as if you failed if you don't get that, just expect a loss

NSV (non scale victory)

Kale chips are something you make with kale

I'm scale obsessive, so I know in general what should happen when I get there. They are always 2 pounds heavier than my home scale.

Thanks for the explanation on the abbreviation.

I looked up the kale chip recipe, I think I will try to make those tonight. I am so not a good cook - this is helping me in that area too. I have to be more creative or I'll start to dread what I have to eat.

Wuv, your avatar is gorgeous.

Last edited by foxnhound1; 10-19-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #75  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingitforchell View Post
Hello all, Im new to IDP and this is week 2 for my husband and I. He's lost 17total and I have lost 13 total so far. I am sooo happy that found this site. Reading a lot of post here has helped me through the first week ("**** week"). I think im to the point right now where im tired of preparing my meals. My husband on the other hand hasn’t had any issues with the diet and doesn’t get cravings like I do ( I love bacon and cheese so image what im going through here!) We decided to eat out tonight for the first time. We are going to Red Robin. Any suggestion on what to get that won’t completely blow it?
Red Robin is amazing when it come to IP... I normally get the mushroom burger/no bun. with either a salad or steamed broccoli.

the other thing that I loved was a grilled chicken sandwich, you can request for them to wrap in lettuce... SUPER YUMMY!!
Closed Thread