Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #61  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbradle View Post
Hi All!!!

Hope the weekend is going well!!! I'm up WAY too late and now I'm SUPER hungry -_- better get to bed! I'm just SOOO excited to announce that I've been on IP since 9/7/11 and I'm down 30 lbs grinning from ear to ear!
That is awesome!! WTG!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
I took JoLoMN 's advice yesterday and cleaned out my closet in my bedroom (I have other closets upstairs too that I need to go through) Anyway, I can now wear ALL my SIZE 10 pants and MEDIUM tops!!!! I must have lost inches these last 2 weeks. I will weigh in and get measured on Wed. Talk about motivation to keep on! I took 2 bags to the thrift shop and am working on 2 more right now! I took my capris and summer clothes upstairs to the storage closets, but who knows , by next spring they might be too big!
That is fabulous! What a great way to charge your motivation. And you blessed many other people with clothes!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
I did the same thing too. I'm happy to report that I can wear the clothes I used to wear when I first started dating my husband (5.5 years ago and three pregnancies ago) and some are on the verge of being too big.

I bagged up a bunch of the bigger things and they are going to Goodwill as soon as I can get them over there. I am not going back to that size again.

Another NSV moment -- my 3-year-old and I can share the same seat. He will squeeze in next to me on the sofa or want to sit on a chair with me and there's now room for two. That's motivation for me right there.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all!
Great job to you too! I am so impressed-pre-prego clothes too big!!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #64  

Height: 5'7'

Good morning all. I had a very busy day yesterday. First, I had an early morning WI and I am down another 1.25 pounds. I may not be the fastest loser, but it's coming off.

My coach also asked me to reconsider phasing off for the T-day to xmas holiday season. My thought was to give myself a break during the holidays and start up again Jan 1. She made a good point that if I break my momentum, it may be harder to restart. Any of us who read the thread for those restarting can see that there are struggles with that.

So, first I think I'll change my goal and take off at least another 10 -15 pounds and then re-evaluate.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #65  

Good morning everyone!

Having a good IP weekend. I was gone all afternoon yesterday so I ate lunch at home, took my big jug of water along and my SW cheese curls and had a successful afternoon. My husband had the grill on and ready when I got home around 7:00 so he could get the porkchops cooked quickly. I love it that this is all falling together fairly easily. Finishing week #3 today and actually excited about weigh-in on Tuesday! I think I will be done about 2.5-3.0 if I don't retain any fluid before then!

Sundays are a little hard for me. We watch a lot of sports at our house and it does make me want to munch a bit, but I will be fine. I have my snack ready to go in the afternoon and will keep drinking that water. If I get really hungry and munchy, I will just go pop on the scale-ha ha!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #66  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Celebrating a NSV today!! My husband commented a couple times last night that he could tell I had lost weight and definately inches. I thought what the heck going to try on my smallest jeans-limited size 6-and just see how much more until I can wear them. WOOT! They fit and I am wearing them today with my shirt tucked in and a belt. DOUBLE WOOT! I found a $20.00 bill in the back pocket that's been hanging out in there for about 2 years!!
What a lucky day! I love fitting into old jeans and finding money I had forgetten about but I've never had them both happen on the same day. I usually find money in coats after they've been put away for months.

Quote:
Woohoo, I am heading to the thrift store with 2 bags of clothes. Baby steps, as I have a whole lot more that I want to donate!
Good for you! I did this too after I had seen someone mention it on here. I got another consignment pile and some I just threw away. I came up with about 15 more hangers empty so I was happy with that. I also color coordinated my closet again. I love it when it's like that. I always keep it pants/skirts, tanks, dressy work shirts, short sleeved t's, long sleeved dressy, long sleeved ts, and then sweatshirts but it hasn't been color coordinated since we moved in. Yes, I'm weird like that! My hubby's side is driving me nuts but he won't keep it in order, I've tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Thank you, I am just hanging in there with the rest of y'all, we are all in this journey together and the more we bond you can say the easier it is to get through. Some of us "click", some of us don't but we all have the SAME thing in common...getting HEALTHIER!! This site has helped me get through this because it keeps me busy posting and helping others (at least I think I am) stay on track.

Nice reward to find that is for sure. Congrats on the NSV!

Looks like everyone is in the cleaning mood today. I did all of that BEFORE I got online this morning because I figured I would be here most of the day...haha.. Woke up this morning in a great mood, cleaned house then took a shower, straightened my hair (never do that), put makeup on and put a new outfit on. My son came home for lunch, he said Mom where the **** are you going you are all dressed up? I said no where....lol...he said ummmm ok...he said you feel good today don't you? I said YUP, not hurting today!! he said I can tell!!.....I may go window shopping later but I doubt it but at least I'll be cute and dressed if I decide to go....lol
So, did you go out and make use of the good looks? I am so opposite. I don't even brush my hair half the time if I know I'm staying home all day.

Quote:
I made that mistake 2 weeks ago! Someone gave me a spaghetti squash and I ate some for supper and then I looked, It is not allowed!!! It didn't even taste that great. grrrrrrr!
I had spaghetti squash at a restaurant one of my low weeks. Ooops! Good to know. I didn't like it anyway.

Quote:
I took JoLoMN 's advice yesterday and cleaned out my closet in my bedroom (I have other closets upstairs too that I need to go through) Anyway, I can now wear ALL my SIZE 10 pants and MEDIUM tops!!!! I must have lost inches these last 2 weeks. I will weigh in and get measured on Wed. Talk about motivation to keep on! I took 2 bags to the thrift shop and am working on 2 more right now! I took my capris and summer clothes upstairs to the storage closets, but who knows , by next spring they might be too big!
They WILL be too big lady! But they are in tubs so they are easier to take to the thrift store at least. Congrats on the 10s. Everything I'm wearing is a 9/10 except one fluke 8. I tried wearing a 12 to work the other day and got lots of funny looks and negative comments about how huge they looked on me.

I had a good time at the wedding last night. They served pork loin, cheesy potatoes, steamed green beans, lettuce salad, dinner rolls, and 4 different kinds of cupcakes. I had pork, a lettuce salad, and took green beans but I wasn't a fan. I did use some regular ranch dressing but I dipped the lettuce into it and was down another .2 this morning so I'm not stressing about it. I brought my bar but we were home before I needed to eat it.

Since I cleaned my house and my closet yesterday I desperately need to do homework today. Boo!

Oh, and I found a nice home for the kitty. I loved it and it was well behaved but I had second thoughts everyday and this family really wanted it and the kids were so excited so I feel great about letting it go. They already have pics on facebook with it so I know it will be well taken care of.

Have a great Sunday and good luck to those with Monday weigh ins!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown46 View Post
So..I know a huge part of being successful in this is that you make and stick to a schedule, however, I cannot figure out how to make mine work, so that I am not always hungry.
I have a crazy work schedule..2 day shifts 5 am to 5 pm, then starting that next night, 2 night shifts 5pm to 5 am. I am having the hardest time figuring out how to time my eating through that 24 hour “off” period between shifts, so that I am not hungry or causing my body to go into starvation mode.
I often have to go 6-7 hours between meals. Is this counterproductive to my goals?
Any ideas,,, suggestions? THANKS!!!
I know what you are saying, I did 7-day rotating and they are poo-pooh. I would keep a bar with you and nibble on it, unless you are in a clean room or something. I worked several yrs. in a clean room and only coming out once a day for bathroom/food and H2O, there are some tough on the body jobs in a different way than construction. lol. Good Luck to you, I know when I did those shifts, plus overtime, I never knew what day or time it was.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #68  

Has anyone made homemade chili while on phase 1? If so, what's your recipe? My hubby really wants to make some and will make it so we all can eat it if I can. Otherwise, they will just have it how he always makes it without me. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #69  
Happy Spring!

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Has anyone made homemade chili while on phase 1? If so, what's your recipe? My hubby really wants to make some and will make it so we all can eat it if I can. Otherwise, they will just have it how he always makes it without me. Thanks!
If you find that recipe, please PM me!! I have been missing chili like crazy, I love putting it on salad - I miss it from Wendy's hahaha.

I jumped on my scale today, I couldn't resist any longer, down another pound so at least its a happy Sunday!! I also tried my shake in my coffee this morning and was pleasantly suprised Thank God for my new coffee maker, best purchase ever haha.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie8810 View Post
If you find that recipe, please PM me!! I have been missing chili like crazy, I love putting it on salad - I miss it from Wendy's hahaha.

I jumped on my scale today, I couldn't resist any longer, down another pound so at least its a happy Sunday!! I also tried my shake in my coffee this morning and was pleasantly suprised Thank God for my new coffee maker, best purchase ever haha.

I am wondering about this too, actually more for when I reach maintanence in the future.
I used to make up a big pot of chili on the weekend and pack it for lunches during the week. I used a WW recipe so that was good, but now can't have the beans or the tomatoes everyday. i used to do that at Wendy's too, I'd get a small green salad and a small chili and dump the chili on the salad, very inexpensive but heavans knows what's actually in the Wendy's salad but it was really a help on busy work days.
I don't think we will be able to find a chili except for the IP one for phase one but I hope the beans are OK in the later phases. Everyone used to comment on how good my chili smelled when I would heat it in the staffroom. I made mine with ground turkey.

Pat
Old 10-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I am wondering about this too, actually more for when I reach maintanence in the future.
I used to make up a big pot of chili on the weekend and pack it for lunches during the week. I used a WW recipe so that was good, but now can't have the beans or the tomatoes everyday. i used to do that at Wendy's too, I'd get a small green salad and a small chili and dump the chili on the salad, very inexpensive but heavans knows what's actually in the Wendy's salad but it was really a help on busy work days.
I don't think we will be able to find a chili except for the IP one for phase one but I hope the beans are OK in the later phases. Everyone used to comment on how good my chili smelled when I would heat it in the staffroom. I made mine with ground turkey.

Pat
I've always picked the beans out anyway so maybe he cuold make it normal and I can just eat it like I always have.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #72  

Well, I am back on waiting for my floor to dry. It was time to mop before my scrapbook ladies come this afternoon! It looks beautiful outside, lots of blue sky in NE Montana!
Old 10-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #73  

Default Selling ideal protein packets?

I just started working again and am moving to phase 2. I am finding I dont have time to make the soups, chili, spaghetti, but still have several boxes. Unfortunately I am doing ideal protein through the online program and am not able to return or exchange the food. All of these are unopened, but I have 6 cream of broccoli, 7 chicken soup, 7 spaghetti, and 6 chili. I would be willing to sell for $3 a packet, and am wondering the best way to do this? Any ideas? I would be willing to pay $5 for shipping, if it was more would ask the buyer to pay the difference. I see some people selling on ebay but I have never done that, any ideas? Or anyone here in the midwest interested?
Old 10-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
I just started working again and am moving to phase 2. I am finding I dont have time to make the soups, chili, spaghetti, but still have several boxes. Unfortunately I am doing ideal protein through the online program and am not able to return or exchange the food. All of these are unopened, but I have 6 cream of broccoli, 7 chicken soup, 7 spaghetti, and 6 chili. I would be willing to sell for $3 a packet, and am wondering the best way to do this? Any ideas? I would be willing to pay $5 for shipping, if it was more would ask the buyer to pay the difference. I see some people selling on ebay but I have never done that, any ideas? Or anyone here in the midwest interested?
I did an exchange with someone from this site and it worked out great. Craig's List is another route.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #75  

Height: 5'6"

Morning all!!
Feeling better today, a bit more with it shall we say... It was late yesterday afternoon before I realized I had 2 restricteds..a bar for breakie and zippers for lunch DOH!!! I felt thinner today and have been getting rid of "Water" all morning so I stopped on the scale, much to my surprise it's gone down a bit. Niiice!! not doing anything fun today, still taking it easy and doing laundry, do I know how to have fun or what?? lol
Have a great day everyone!!
Closed Thread