Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 01:04 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default Daily IP Chat Tuesday 10/18/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Old 10-18-2011, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for starting this thread so early. It is my daily routine to check this website before I leave for school. Hope everyone has a great Ideal Protein day. Remember you are in control of what you put in your mouth each and every day.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #3  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana chick View Post
Thanks for starting this thread so early. It is my daily routine to check this website before I leave for school. Hope everyone has a great Ideal Protein day. Remember you are in control of what you put in your mouth each and every day.
I so appreciate it early too. Usually the only time I have to post, unless I happen to be able to get on at night, is early a.m. while my coffee is saturating my brain!

Today is weigh-in day-this afternoon after work. According to my scales, but I weigh here first thing in the a.m., I am down around 3-3.5 pounds this week. If that holds true at Weigh-in I will a bit over my Phase I goal in 3 weeks!

I will try to stop by and report in (and change my ticker) when I get home.

I hope everyone has an awesome Tuesday!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:19 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Well, I'm having a lovely TOM sort of week. It hasn't showed yet but my weight is creeping up slowly. I've been drinking water to beat heck to try to eliminate some of the bloat but it's not working. Yesterday I was up .4 and today another .6 to bring me right back to where I was on Thursday. The joys of being a woman!

I am thankful for that great loss last week because I may be looking at my first ever gain this week.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Well, I'm having a lovely TOM sort of week. It hasn't showed yet but my weight is creeping up slowly. I've been drinking water to beat heck to try to eliminate some of the bloat but it's not working. Yesterday I was up .4 and today another .6 to bring me right back to where I was on Thursday. The joys of being a woman!

I am thankful for that great loss last week because I may be looking at my first ever gain this week.
Unfortunately you can't win over TOM, but the good news is that it's only temporary and you will just have a bigger loss next week when he leaves. I had a hysterectomy last year, so don't miss that guy.

Today is going to be a great day especially after I got a call from my brother last night saying that the potentially bad health news I got about my SIL may be nothing to worry about after all. It's going to feel a little bit more like fall here today in TX as a cold front moves in bringing the weather down to the 70's for a few days. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #6  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Tom should be creeping up on me as well. I say "should" because I'm so irregular lately, who knows when it will pop up. I've read some people have Tom more frequently on IP, but the opposite has happened to me. The bloating part starts on time, then just hangs around until actual Tom shows up. I'm just trying to take it in stride.
Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a great day!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #7  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

It is really fall here today. High is 51 degrees. I want to move somewhere warm, but all of my grnadchildren are here. I would miss them terribly. Retirement is going to happen in 1 year and 9 months and I can't wait. It is harder and harder to go to work every day. My office is actually in an apartment building with the kitchen and the whole works. I have asked my staff not to leave any sugar items in the apt. If they bring them to work, when they go out to do their job, they must take them with them. Some of them don't understand sugar addiction and probably think I am goofy. I know myself and if I feel stress, I will obsess about the food until I eat it or throw it away. It is a good thing they like me.

I have stayed off of the scales this week because I can obsess about the numbers, too. I plan on weighing on Friday.

Have a great day and remember that we only have to do this for today.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #8  

Wuv, just read your post from last night, I consider myself "shaken up"! DollfaceBella, I weigh in tomorrow and get my measurements. Who knows what really happened in these last 2 weeks since I weighed. I am hoping for 4 pounds so I can be in the 150's!

Lynsey, TOM is just part of life so don't be too discouraged by the scale!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #9  

TOM was weird for me when I started too but now it's pretty normal. It's right on about 26-28 days. The weird thing is, my slow week is sometimes the week before, sometimes the week of, and sometimes I don't notice a problem at all. Crazy body!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Day 2 of restart for me and it hasn't been to bad. I've managed to stay OP and very little cravings. Thankfully

I noticed I didn't have the energy to get out of bed this morning for my normal 5am gym workout. But, I will go tonight after dinner for a quick workout.

I know what you mean about TOM bloat - happening here too
Old 10-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Wuv, just read your post from last night, I consider myself "shaken up"! DollfaceBella, I weigh in tomorrow and get my measurements. Who knows what really happened in these last 2 weeks since I weighed. I am hoping for 4 pounds so I can be in the 150's!

Good luck! I know you'll make it. I made it back out of the 150s by a smidge this morning.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Random question. Is there an area to check and see if people reply to your posts? I hate to miss someone's comment or questions.I don't want people to think I am ignoring them
Old 10-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #13  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post

I weigh in today, I'm hoping for an average loss. But I too am dreaming of crossing over to the 150's! Good luck Sandy!! I'm right there with you!!

OK kinda of a weird question but...does anyone else "feel it" when the lose inches? I always feel it when I lose from my thighs, they feel well used....
Old 10-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
I weigh in today, I'm hoping for an average loss. But I too am dreaming of crossing over to the 150's! Good luck Sandy!! I'm right there with you!!

OK kinda of a weird question but...does anyone else "feel it" when the lose inches? I always feel it when I lose from my thighs, they feel well used....
Good luck! Can't say they I feel it. I did notice my thighs looked a little smaller one week and I had lost in them but that's it.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #15  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

To refresh everyone's memory, I go to a clinic that doesn't allow any restricted packets or veggies until phase 2. A friend of mine that lives in Slidell (2 and 1/2 hours away) just recently started IP, and of course she can have them from Day 1. So.... she and I met in Hammond last Friday to shop and she brought a few restricted packets for me to try. I ate a caramel type bar for breakfast that day. Since then, I have tried the southwestern puffy things and the chocolate covered soy balls. I'm sort of hoarding what's left of those 2 packs, they are so good! She offered to pick up whatever I wanted from her clinic. I placed my order with her for the chili, the southwestern things and the chocolate things. My sister and I are going to split the order since she goes to the same clinic as I do. We don't plan to have a restricted everyday, but it will be nice to have a little more variety. I have really craved chili "fries" and the chili omelet that I saw a recipe for in one of the recipe threads. Also, those southwestern things would be good as croutons.
Closed Thread