Old 09-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #1  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Default Struggles with Oil

After reading some posts it appears I'm not the only one with an Oil Challenge going on. I have a heck of a time getting in my foods. At night I can do it since I eat mostly roasted asparagus, broccoli, and green beans once a week. The asparagus is tossed with oil and spices, I drizzle some oil on the broccoli and green beans. But at lunch, I just can't find a way to use oil and the celery and cucumbers without making me want to gag. I try to cook with some Olive Oil spray, but I've never been a big user of oil in the first place as it falls through the BBQ grates (yes that was a joke).

So I'm asking for some creative ways you've mixed the oil into your meals, other then taking a spoonful (yes coach said she had somebody that did that).
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #2  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello,

Most of my lunches are made out of boiled veggies mixed with a pack of soup, I add a little bit of olive oil to that and pretend I am eating mashed potatoes I swear it is pretty close, not really the taste of potatoes but a very satisfying taste I promise. I usullay use broccoli, cauliflowers, zucchinis, rutabaga or any other vegetable I can boil. Try it, you might like it.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #3  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

One thing that I do... I buy the good seasons salad dressing that you make your self with oil wather and vinegar... and that seems to be about the only way I can get in my oil for the day... I also drissle it over my chicken. then sprinkle Mrs. Dash all over it! YUMMY!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

I use the oil in dressings (see the RECIPIES AND PIX FROM FINLAND thread for a recent post of about 15 different recipes), coat vegetables with it, add it to the cauliflower "mashed potatoes", add it to shredded zucchini when frying in a pan (add black pepper, sea salt and lemon and its amazing).

Or try adding oil to spices. For example "Tandoori powder" plus your 2 tsp oil makes a nice paste to add to soups or veggies. If you need to hide the taste, fry up shredded zucchini in the oil and add it to your omlette... you wont taste the oil or the zucchini, but it will increase your portions.

Last edited by FinnSteven; 09-28-2011 at 03:26 PM.
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #5  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Do you eat the cucumber and celery with a dip? I would make some sort of hummus or yogurt dip. Easy to mix in some oil and very tasty
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

When I make a salad I usually drizzle it onto my salad before adding the dressing or I will saute my veggies at night with the oil.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #7  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

I bought a large salad shaker cup and put my olive oil and WF dressings in there and shake it up until all the lettuce is coated. I find by using the shaker the dressings get evenly distributed with the lettuce and now really like the WF dressings. (and I don't taste the olive oil.) I tried taking it by the spoon, it is terrible but that is the way my DH takes it.
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #8  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey View Post
Do you eat the cucumber and celery with a dip? I would make some sort of hummus or yogurt dip. Easy to mix in some oil and very tasty
We can't have yogurt on phase 1, in a later phase we can have it just not now
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:00 AM   #9  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Guy View Post
After reading some posts it appears I'm not the only one with an Oil Challenge going on. I have a heck of a time getting in my foods. At night I can do it since I eat mostly roasted asparagus, broccoli, and green beans once a week. The asparagus is tossed with oil and spices, I drizzle some oil on the broccoli and green beans. But at lunch, I just can't find a way to use oil and the celery and cucumbers without making me want to gag. I try to cook with some Olive Oil spray, but I've never been a big user of oil in the first place as it falls through the BBQ grates (yes that was a joke).

So I'm asking for some creative ways you've mixed the oil into your meals, other then taking a spoonful (yes coach said she had somebody that did that).
I'm neither avocating or denegrating, but you might consider googling coconut oil and decide whether or not you might substitute a teaspoonful for olive oil. I have a very precious bottle of macadamia oil I brought from Hawai'i with me that I use sparingly. If you can find it (and afford it ) that's a very viable substitution.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I bought a 0/0/0 italian dressing but it was very watery so i add 1tsp oil to it and its much better and use it as a dressing with my lunch salad (thank you for whoever gave me that tip), in the evening, usually saute my veggies so i use 1tsp there too.

Last edited by Busymomx4; 09-29-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:14 AM   #11  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks, some good ideas. Mucho appreciated!
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote