Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 01:44 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 9/29/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 09-29-2011, 05:23 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7'

Good morning all! I was woken up by the puppy at 5am today - acutally he's just over a year. He was wimpering by my side of the bed so i thought he really needed to go out. Well, he really just wanted to play! UGH! I can't believe I fell for it. Oh well, I'm usually up at 5:30 but still, that extra 30 minutes is nice! So instead of jumping back in bed, I made myself coffee put in my EAS vanilla as the creamer and jumped on the board to start my day.

I am trying to stay away from the scale. While I'm not a daily weigher, I do like to jump on it a couple of time during the week. Have a great Thursday everyone.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:52 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7'

Looks like I'm the only one up so far this morning on the boards! I just saw on the news that it's National Coffee Day! Ha ha! I love it! Maybe I'll have an extra cup this morning. Of course, I'll bump up my water to counteract the extra joe...
Old 09-29-2011, 06:20 AM   #4  
Happy Spring!

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

Goodmorning everyone!! Today is my big day, first day at my new job!!! I'll be working in Child Care I'm hoping I'll be able to meet the principal of the school and get some connections so that I can pursue my teaching career afterwards. It's so difficult to get in this year because of a large cut back on the program. However I'm very excited to be back in that sort of atmosphere, and I'm sure it will help my diet by chasing after the little ones all day haha.

I hope everybody has a great morning, I'm sure I'll be back later to see how everyone is doing!

Ciao!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #5  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Looks like I'm the only one up so far this morning on the boards! I just saw on the news that it's National Coffee Day! Ha ha! I love it! Maybe I'll have an extra cup this morning. Of course, I'll bump up my water to counteract the extra joe...
Yay! National coffee day!! I'll have a Starbucks Via!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:56 AM   #6  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I like National Coffee Day also!!! I am sure Starbucks will have special low prices on coffee drinks..ha!
My WI was 1.6..which is supposedly normal for Phase 2. Down is down!

Katie..Hope your first day on the job goes well. I love to work with kids also.

Here's hoping for a great Thursday on IP!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Big "C" problem

Good morning everyone! Having another beautiful fall day in New Brunswick! I love this time of year not too hot and cool in the evenings.

Stolaf, thanks for the news about national coffee day, today I'm going to try the vanilla RTD mixed with coffee and WF caramel syrup!

Good luck with you first day on new job! Congrats, hope you have a great day! ( I'm sorry I can't remember your user name- I'm using my iPod so I can only see what I type, none of the previous posts)

Had WI yesterday ... Up 4 lbs! I have the major big "C" my coach said this is normal and gave me flurolax. When I left I needed to go really badly. I stopped at Costco, went, seems like forever. I then bought a scale which measures body fat and water retention etc. When I got home, I went again. I weighed myself and was exactly at the same spot as last week! Is it possible to lose 4lbs of ****? LOL! This morning I weighed myself and was down another 1.7 lbs. We'll see what happens next week at WI and I will calibrate my scale with the one at my center.

I hope everyone has a great day OP and good luck with WI's
Old 09-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
I like National Coffee Day also!!! I am sure Starbucks will have special low prices on coffee drinks..ha!

Great job on -1.6! You told me yesterday about senna. What is it and where can I get it?
Thanks
Old 09-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #9  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
Great job on -1.6! You told me yesterday about senna. What is it and where can I get it?
Thanks
Safeway or almost any grocery store carries it..but I am not sure about Canada. I would think Walmart carries it. Also you can get a Senna tea called
Smooth Move. It is an herbal remedy.
However the Citrate of Magnesium that is recommended by IP does work..The IP guide says to take 1 or 2 tablespoons..but I do what the bottle says and take 7 oz. It does work. You can also find that at Walmart.

Are you taking the IP enzymes? sometimes they help. And are you eating all of your vegetables and especially lettuce?
Hope this helps.
Glad to hear your weight is going down with all of this!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! Alright, I am hiding my scale in my closet and not getting on again until WI day. I have my TOM this week which I know is messing with things, but it's still frustrating to get on the scale the 4th morning after WI and not see anything budge at all. Hopefully I'll be back to normal for WI!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie8810 View Post
Goodmorning everyone!! Today is my big day, first day at my new job!!! I'll be working in Child Care I'm hoping I'll be able to meet the principal of the school and get some connections so that I can pursue my teaching career afterwards. It's so difficult to get in this year because of a large cut back on the program. However I'm very excited to be back in that sort of atmosphere, and I'm sure it will help my diet by chasing after the little ones all day haha.

I hope everybody has a great morning, I'm sure I'll be back later to see how everyone is doing!

Ciao!
Have a great time at your new job!

Quote:

Woohoo! National coffee day. I would totally stop at Starbucks if I wasn't on this plan. (I drank a lot of the calories that got me where I was.) Great loss for phase 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
Good morning everyone! Having another beautiful fall day in New Brunswick! I love this time of year not too hot and cool in the evenings.

Stolaf, thanks for the news about national coffee day, today I'm going to try the vanilla RTD mixed with coffee and WF caramel syrup!
Good luck with you first day on new job! Congrats, hope you have a great day! ( I'm sorry I can't remember your user name- I'm using my iPod so I can only see what I type, none of the previous posts)

Had WI yesterday ... Up 4 lbs! I have the major big "C" my coach said this is normal and gave me flurolax. When I left I needed to go really badly. I stopped at Costco, went, seems like forever. I then bought a scale which measures body fat and water retention etc. When I got home, I went again. I weighed myself and was exactly at the same spot as last week! Is it possible to lose 4lbs of ****? LOL! This morning I weighed myself and was down another 1.7 lbs. We'll see what happens next week at WI and I will calibrate my scale with the one at my center.

I hope everyone has a great day OP and good luck with WI's
I drink my coffee like that every single day! Love it! I bet you could lose 4 pounds if you went that much. I need to get some of that stuff if it works that fast!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning! Alright, I am hiding my scale in my closet and not getting on again until WI day. I have my TOM this week which I know is messing with things, but it's still frustrating to get on the scale the 4th morning after WI and not see anything budge at all. Hopefully I'll be back to normal for WI!
I need to do that but I can't. Isn't it weird that I have the will power to be on plan for 14 weeks straight but I can't stay away from the stinkin scale? I guess it's my one bad habit. Good luck to you.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #13  

Quote:
Safeway or almost any grocery store carries it..but I am not sure about Canada. I would think Walmart carries it. Also you can get a Senna tea called
Smooth Move. It is an herbal remedy.
However the Citrate of Magnesium that is recommended by IP does work..The IP guide says to take 1 or 2 tablespoons..but I do what the bottle says and take 7 oz. It does work. You can also find that at Walmart.

Are you taking the IP enzymes? sometimes they help. And are you eating all of your vegetables and especially lettuce?
Hope this helps.
Glad to hear your weight is going down with all of this!
What are IP enzymes? I'm taking all the vitamins, I wasn't eating the lettuce a couple of days before it happened. I was only eating 2c broccoli or 2c spinach, I was too full for lettuce. But my coach said I need the lettuce too, so I'm forcing it down. I'm drinking the water 8 glasses a day, which I find hard but it's getting better. The floralax that I was given are capsules which are like stool softeners which work overnight. I didn't use any I went on my own after lots of lettuce!

Thanks for your advice
Old 09-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #14  

I feel like I wasted a whole week. As of this morning I am down 0.2lbs. I am completely grateful it wasn't a gain, as always, but still feel bummed. I know what I was doing and I have a few ways to fix it so next week is better. I was really hoping for that 40lb mark but only made it to 39.2 instead. I will get there next week, this time I mean it! Thanks for all of your encouragement and helpful info yesterday. I will eat what I am supposed to eat and not starve myself anymore! Promise!

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 09-29-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I feel like I wasted a whole week. As of this morning I am down 0.2lbs. I am completely grateful it wasn't a gain, as always, but still feel bummed. I know what I was doing and I have a few ways to fix it so next week is better. I was really hoping for that 40lb mark but only made it to 39.2 instead. I will get there next week, this time I mean it! Thanks for all of your encouragement and helpful info yesterday. I will eat what I am supposed to eat and starve myself anymore! Promise!
Oh Lynsey, I like you!!! You are so real and honest. We will be here for you. Anyway, you are .2 pounds ahead of me!!! LOL I am at 39 pounds gone for week 14, so both of us can reach 40 pounds together next week!!! Woohoo!!
Closed Thread