Old 09-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #1  

Default feeling so tired

I have been doing IP since the end of July. I have lost 11 lbs, 10 inches so far. In the last couple of weeks I've been stuck on the same weight and feeling soooo tired right around 3-4pm. Even if I have my IP drink to keep me going, I'm so sleepy.

Has anyone experienced this, what have you done about it? I have a full time job and need to do my "other job" as a wife and as a mom. I'm just not motivated enough. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
useruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by useruser View Post
I have been doing IP since the end of July. I have lost 11 lbs, 10 inches so far. In the last couple of weeks I've been stuck on the same weight and feeling soooo tired right around 3-4pm. Even if I have my IP drink to keep me going, I'm so sleepy.

Has anyone experienced this, what have you done about it? I have a full time job and need to do my "other job" as a wife and as a mom. I'm just not motivated enough. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
There have been a few that mentioned something about this is earlier threads. Sandy is one, maybe you could send her a private message and ask her what she did. Are you getting all of your food, salt, and water in? Have you talked to your coach about this? if you are at the same weight for 3 weeks she should be trying different things with you.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #3  

Ok thanks WUV. I will try to find the other threads.

Yes, I talked to my coach today (weigh in day). Thankfully she's been very positive and not try to assume that I'm cheating or anything. My mornings are hectic so I have been eating the restricted breakfast bars on the go. She has suggested I keep at it! She suggested I take the restricted food every other morning instead of every day. Which is reasonable. I'm going to stock up on more vegetables as well...I know sometimes I run low so I'm going to get some Green Giant frozen antioxidant veggies (broccoli & red/yellow peppers). My coach said I should try to stay away from frozen but then again...better frozen than nothing at all.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #4  

Quote:
Ok thanks WUV. I will try to find the other threads.

Yes, I talked to my coach today (weigh in day). Thankfully she's been very positive and not try to assume that I'm cheating or anything. My mornings are hectic so I have been eating the restricted breakfast bars on the go. She has suggested I keep at it! She suggested I take the restricted food every other morning instead of every day. Which is reasonable. I'm going to stock up on more vegetables as well...I know sometimes I run low so I'm going to get some Green Giant frozen antioxidant veggies (broccoli & red/yellow peppers). My coach said I should try to stay away from frozen but then again...better frozen than nothing at all.
You are right frozen is better than nothing at all. I eat my restricted every morning as well. Make sure you are getting all of your water in as well. I will look to see if I can find that thread as well.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #5  

Here is the thread that I was talking about, maybe you can take some of the ideas that would work for you http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...00-hunger.html
They don't give a lot but they do give some
Old 09-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

A lot of times when I'm exhausted or just need an afternoon pick me up I'll make myself an iced coffee with Vanilla coffee a Splenda or two and a few good splashes of the EAS Carb Control drink. My coach said coffee was free and it really perks me up!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Is this after you have taken your Calcium/Magnesium supplements? Magnesium makes you tired. I instantly fall asleep after 2 cal/mag supplements that I have with my lunch every afternoon. They say to try and take your cal/mag supplements at night.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #8  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

I have been here (what seems like forever) since Feb. I still get tired in the afternoons, I do a couple of things. I am in an office where I can get up at anytime and go for a walk so I do that, I have an office that is 10 minutes walk away so that helps. I also have som iced coffee in the afternoon, or I add something to my water to just give me a little boost. by the time I get home around 5 I am ready to walk my dogs and get supper on and some nights go to class... but I won't lie I also fall asleep a lot on the couch after supper, sometimes even before my snack. I don't have my restricted every day but usually every other day and it seems to help me. I also have set my breakfast back a little bit in the mornings as I leave my house at 6 and usually have my shake around 9. lunch at 12 and supper between 6 - 8 depending on if I stop to shop before walking the dogs.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Here is the thread that I was talking about, maybe you can take some of the ideas that would work for you http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...00-hunger.html
They don't give a lot but they do give some
Thank you!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Is this after you have taken your Calcium/Magnesium supplements? Magnesium makes you tired. I instantly fall asleep after 2 cal/mag supplements that I have with my lunch every afternoon. They say to try and take your cal/mag supplements at night.
I take 2 Cal/Mag in the morning and the other 2 at night. I was told not to take them all together. I do have coffee in the morning but not in the afternoon b/c then I'm "wired" can can't go to sleep. But I think I will give it a try again for a 2 or 3pm coffee.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #11  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

If you have hypothyroidism, make sure you take anything with calcium at least six hours before or after you take any calcium.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

six hours, I have only been waiting 2 hrs. hmmm
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
If you have hypothyroidism, make sure you take anything with calcium at least six hours before or after you take any calcium.
I don't have hypothyroid, thankfully other than being overweight, and having back muscle spasm, I'm a pretty healthy person. I recently had a physical exam and all labs came within normal parameters, including thyroid. I just need to get through this "being tired" business so I can focus on what I need to, reduce stress and keep the pounds coming off. I am hopefull that next week's weigh in will be better!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:03 PM   #14  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
six hours, I have only been waiting 2 hrs. hmmm
Six, honestly. At the suggestion of a couple people who were on when I began I started to take my thyroid medicine before bed and the Cal/mag and cal/potassium in the morning and after lunch. For me, I found I had more energy than I had before. (Or maybe I started so low there was no way but up.) If you're interested, just google calcium + hypothyroidism. And you also know to cook any goiterogenic vegetable, right? I hadn't a clue before I came on here. Loved raw broccoli and cauliflower.

Edit: If you don't know Mary Shomon's Forum and Newsletter, you might find this interesting: http://thyroid.about.com/

Last edited by Linden; 09-30-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote