Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 162/140/142

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I'm new to this board, and new to IP, I just started today. Things are going pretty good so far, but I have been having a few headaches. I'm thinking that they might be related more to barometric pressure than hunger/carb withdrawal because of the weather here. Sunday is going to be my toughest challenge. We've got a birthday party for my cousin's one year old - she's polish and the daddy is Italian so that means LOTS of carbs floating around. I'm worried I'll gain weight by looking at all the food.
My goal is to lose 20-25lbs, and I'm hoping I'll be able to do that by Thanksgiving. My husband will be coming home from Afghanistan then for a two week R&R.
So far I've learned lots of good tips and recipes just lurking around on the boards.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #47  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
Very exciting NSV moment here -- I fit into my slim husband's jeans! Well, he used to be slimmer, so they're not his slimmest jeans, they're really his married guy jeans, but I could never get in them before and now I can!!

And I just ordered puddings without aspartame and they're even less money -- and I can return the unopened box of stuff with aspartame, so yay for today!

Just had to share.
that is great. I am glad you can return the other ones..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmandAliMommy View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to this board, and new to IP, I just started today. Things are going pretty good so far, but I have been having a few headaches. I'm thinking that they might be related more to barometric pressure than hunger/carb withdrawal because of the weather here. Sunday is going to be my toughest challenge. We've got a birthday party for my cousin's one year old - she's polish and the daddy is Italian so that means LOTS of carbs floating around. I'm worried I'll gain weight by looking at all the food.
My goal is to lose 20-25lbs, and I'm hoping I'll be able to do that by Thanksgiving. My husband will be coming home from Afghanistan then for a two week R&R.
So far I've learned lots of good tips and recipes just lurking around on the boards.
welcome aboard you have picked a good plan. Glad you read the stickys a lot of questions are answered there.

Bella - I know it is hard that you are a slow loser but at least you are losing. It isn't much fun though when you see others losing so much more and faster than you... been there done that. Have a great day.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Default rhubarb crumble

Ok so just finished my rhubarb crumble...I did a half batch. 1 cup of rhubarb and 1/2 packet of oatmeal. Was so very bitter? I would much rather have it on zucchini I think. So I'm glad I saved half packet of oatmeal for that just in case. Is it possible that I got bad rhubarb? Or not ripe enough? It was a lot of green and just a little red. Maybe the taste just isn't for me.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #49  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
that means LOTS of carbs floating around.
Welcome! I've been able to stick to my plan by telling people that I've made a conscious lifestyle diet choice and could use their help. I try to eat before being around a situation like that, and I bring along a bar in case I get tempted. A few times I've had a 2nd bar during the day, but even the coach agreed it was better to do that then to cheat. I just remember what Nancy Regan got criticized for saying, "Just say no" and go on with my life and my change in eating. Besides I'm to happy about the weight I've lost already and I'm paying too much money to cheat on myself or my family.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #50  

Height: 5'7'

We have a little family get together this weekend! I'm so exicited to be with both my sisters. So, tonight we are having steak and I am bringing roasted rutabaga and the salad. So it's an OP night for me. Of course, I'll just watch them drink the wine...Have a great night everyone.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #51  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
WI #12 was -1.1 lbs. That makes it 23.5 lbs in 12 weeks, which is 1.96 lbs/week. With no cheats, so I think IP needs to advertise a little different for the woman's program. I didn't even come close to the 3-4 lbs a week that they advertise. Told my coach today that I am phasing off starting Oct. 7th. She didn't say much, other than "you are coming back after the holidays?" I didn't tell her that I am going to go back to Phase I and use alternatives.

Hey Bella, I am sorry you are having slow losses. Even though you are having losses for the price we are paying I understand your frustration. I am very happy that you are phasing off properly and going to continue using alternatives. I know for me in the past if a program didn't work I would quit and just gain more weight.

Good job and of course we are here to support you along the way, keep us posted.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
It sucks that the new Vanilla pudding has more carbs. I picked one up to see if it tastes as good as the old kind. It's a staple in my world so I'm hopin it's not terrible.
I think that is ridiculous that they change something that has nothing wrong with it UGH! It is also a staple of mine so I am not impressed. Let us know if it tastes different? How many more carbs is it? I'm still using the old ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Hi Mary Ann, WF Jelly, well I haven't tried any of that, but this week was my first week of trying WF apple butter (a soup recipe I have says applesauce and this is the closest I could get) I was pleasantly surprised with the apple butter and have had it also in vanilla pudding.
Even though IP has a great selection of foods they do get tiring over time, especially because you have 3 a day and if like me you have to buy by the box that can get very monotone... Mio is a water enhancer, it comes in peach mango, strawberry watermelon, peach tea, tea, fruit punch I think that is all but not sure... and let me tell you after 8 months of drinking around 120 oz of water a day, you sometimes just need a little flavor.
I am hoping you are enjoying your reading of information in the newbie sticky at the top with the stickys the information in there is very important and I still go back to refresh things.. plus the recipes there are really good as well.
Take care.

Hi Everyone, like I said above I tried the apple butter, my lady at Sweet Tweet's has brought in the flavored mayos, she only brought in 3 flavors Honey mustard, the chipolte and sorry can't remember the 3rd. I bought the chipotle mayo. It is runny and not like the mayo. more of a sweet taste than a chipotle taste. I mix it with mustard, hot sauce, worchestershire sauce, vinegar and oil for salad dressing, and without the vinegar and oil for steak sauce. I also bought the green valley ranch thai curry sauce as I quite like it too.
Those are both the next WF things I want to try. I like to hear what others think of them. I'm going to try the jelly in PH3 breakfast on my PB toast and I really want to make the crispy cereal - pancake cinnamon rolls with the apple butter & cinnamon that someone mentioned recently can't remember who sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubu4eva30 View Post
I was told I can't have the mio or splenda I don't understand why
Thats weird I don't know why. It could be because they can add up to carbs if you don't use in moderation but ultimately it is up to you I guess.

Quote:

Just keep in mind that the phasing off process takes a minimum of 1 month, that means you will need to begin phasing off October 27th to be off by Thanksgiving. (Giving you no "practice" time in ph4 before the holiday) Of course many people do mini phase-offs I guess where they don't do the full weeks in ph2 & ph3. Good Luck I hope your headaches go away quickly!
Old 09-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
WI #12 was -1.1 lbs. That makes it 23.5 lbs in 12 weeks, which is 1.96 lbs/week. With no cheats, so I think IP needs to advertise a little different for the woman's program. I didn't even come close to the 3-4 lbs a week that they advertise. Told my coach today that I am phasing off starting Oct. 7th. She didn't say much, other than "you are coming back after the holidays?" I didn't tell her that I am going to go back to Phase I and use alternatives.
Bella, I completely understand where you are coming from. I have been on the diet for a total of nine months and I JUST hit 70 lbs lost. That comes to an average of 2 lbs/week. I am certainly a slow loser and I get VERY frustrated. The only thing that keeps me going on this diet is the realization that any other diet I have been on I only lost .5 lbs a week. I am just a slow loser no matter what diet I am on but this plan works faster than any other I have tried. Just keep going!
Old 09-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #54  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Question: Does anyone have and use a dehydrator? I was wondering if I should get one and dry zucchini, kale & mushrooms. Do they work for those veggies? appreciate any feedback. thanks
I bought a dehydrator. I've made dried zucchini and it was pretty good. I also tried Kohlrabi chips but they shrunk so much it really wasn't worth it.
The best was the beef jerky. You can make it without any carbs but it too shrinks to a much smaller size.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #55  

Quote:
Hi everyone! I'm new to this board, and new to IP, I just started today.
Hi, It's my First day also!
Good luck with the party this weekend!

Last edited by redheels; 09-23-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 163/148.5/115

Height: 5'2"

Tomorrow is my first weigh-in!!! I can't wait to see how much I lost. It was 10 days for me instead of 7. Wish me luck!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
This is a great support group! Can't say enough good things about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Ok so just finished my rhubarb crumble...I did a half batch. 1 cup of rhubarb and 1/2 packet of oatmeal. Was so very bitter? I would much rather have it on zucchini I think. So I'm glad I saved half packet of oatmeal for that just in case. Is it possible that I got bad rhubarb? Or not ripe enough? It was a lot of green and just a little red. Maybe the taste just isn't for me.
I put a 'dullup' of WF Strawberry syrup in mine, and will sometimes put 100% brown splenda as well on it. I don't have it every week as I try to be careful with the splenda and WF items. Mine is 'tart' but I wouldn't say 'bitter'. Sorry it wasn't a good one for you. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
Bella, I completely understand where you are coming from. I have been on the diet for a total of nine months and I JUST hit 70 lbs lost. That comes to an average of 2 lbs/week. I am certainly a slow loser and I get VERY frustrated. The only thing that keeps me going on this diet is the realization that any other diet I have been on I only lost .5 lbs a week. I am just a slow loser no matter what diet I am on but this plan works faster than any other I have tried. Just keep going!
Hey There Lalison, just wondering how you are doing with my scale challenge?

Last edited by Ishbel; 09-23-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone. I want some feedback. I found this company that makes drinks (cocoa's, coffees, etc) with splenda. I think they may work for this plan. Has anyone heard of this company, bought thing from them? and what is your opinion about the products being IP ok?
http://ronandfranks.com/Merchant5/me...egory_Code=125
Old 09-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey There Lalison, just wondering how you are doing with my scale challenge?
I'm doing well, actually! I can't hide the scale as there are other people here that use it but I just ignore it. I drink lots of water and eat my breakfast right when I get up so I won't be tempted to get on the scale! (Can't have those extra ounces from food and water weighing me down! Haha) I had my weigh in on Tuesday and I haven't been on the scale since.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
I'm doing well, actually! I can't hide the scale as there are other people here that use it but I just ignore it. I drink lots of water and eat my breakfast right when I get up so I won't be tempted to get on the scale! (Can't have those extra ounces from food and water weighing me down! Haha) I had my weigh in on Tuesday and I haven't been on the scale since.

That's so awesome, good for you for the will power! I had to hide mine LOL! Looking forward to Tuesday to see how you do! Hopefully when I'm where I am, I will have wifi (business travel ugh!)

SO PROUD! lol woohoo (totaly smiling as I type this!)
Closed Thread