Old 09-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #91  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I could not agree with you more Bella, this board makes the diet so much easier because of all of the sharing we do on it along with the accomplishments, struggles and success. I am truly glad I became a member of this site and have gotten to know each and every one of you, some I now more than others but that will come in time
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #92  

Height: 5'7'

Dollfacebella and lalison - WAY TO GO!!

Wow - such big losses and huge overall success. I agree with Bellamack - this site is an inspiration!
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

They say once a cheater, always a cheater It is kind of true in my case I cheated once and now I am doing it every now and then and I always regret it afterwards.

I just started using alternative products since I found it so expensive to continue to buy the real IP products.

I just posted this in the alternative thread, but I will post it in here as well:

I discovered a great alternative which is very affordable, I bought it from Walmart for about $22, it has 600g and a serving is 32g, so we get about 19 serving out of one box. It is called Weider 90% Protein and one serving gives 120 calories, 25g of protein, 1g of fat, 2g of carb.

I also bought pure protein bars and slim down bars but I am trying not to have any restricted now in order to lose what I gained from my cheat.

I ordered from proteinwell.ca and never heard from them, there is no phone number to call them and they did not answer both of my e-mails yet.

I also ordered from Nashua Nutrition but since I am in Canada and they are in the US, that might take 2 to 3 weeks.

Anyone in here have ordered from Proteinwell.ca? and if so, please tell me about your experience as I find it very weird for them not to have a phone number for us to call!

Oh my that is scary!!!! I ordered on Sunday and got an email today that the order has been shipped. I'll let you know how it goes. It doesn't say where it is being shipped from, I assume it's Ontario.
I hope they didn't charge your credit card.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancer456 View Post
I'm trying to reevaluate what I'm doing after reading all these posts. I just want to make sure what I'm doing is ok.
For dinner my veggies are usually spinach, broccoli, cauliflauer, or asparagus and generally fish sometimes chicken.
Lunch I'm having a shake and then lettuce with either broccoli, cauliflauer, mushrooms, or dill pickles.
Breakfast I'm having the egg packet and propel zero.
I was also having a restricted in the evening but I'm going to cut that out or only do it a couple times a week.
Am I choosing ok veggies or should I be making changes?!?! Also, I don't notice anything in the propel zero I shouldn't have but could that affect things as well? Sometimes I have 2 a day but I also get well over the amount of water!
Thanks for the help!!!!
Here is my take on this. I would follow the protocol sheets exactly including the daily resricteds. You are eating very low cals, carbs & fat if following the program exactly as it's outlined. When you cut back on anything you are getting down into very low numbers. The body will think it is in starvation and shut down. If you cut out the daily restricteds you are going to very low carbs. This then becomes the same as all the old low carb diets, as soon as you try to add carbs back gradually in the last phases you may suddenly regain weight. If you continue to eat what is outlined on the sheets your body adjusts to have small amounts of carbs regularly and should not latch on to them for dear life when you go onto maintance.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Maile - tooooo funny
Itsaboutime - you are doing great! I wish I was losing as fast as you and Sandy, we are all in the same "time-frame"
Losingtime - FANTASTIC, CELEBRATE you are Awesome!
Gettingmygrooveback- you are beautiful

Happy for all the SV and NSV's this week. I had to go back to the doctor, I have a yeast infection (TMI), haven't had one in at least 10 yrs. OH HOW I MISS MY YOGURT! I guess I should start taking probiotics, until I can have my beloved yogurt again.

Tried on size 14's today and they are getting too big everywhere except the waist. grrrrr, that waist has been an issue since delivering that 11 pound baby 27 years ago. lol. Beautiful day in upstate NY today 82 degrees, the flooded areas are starting to receed, the river is muddy & ugly. Stay the course.
hi! We are continuing to lose at the same rate. I started in size 14 petite (petite is for height). I should have moved up to 16 as everything was embarassingly tight. Now I am wearing all my 14s very comfortably and should be able to move to size 12 for winter clothes.
So it is not just about pounds off, it's how the pounds adjust on your body.

I did have to switch to alternatives although my coach was excellent. It is just too expensive when the losses are slow.

Last edited by patns; 09-13-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
hi! We are continuing to lose at the same rate. I started in size 14 petite (petite is for height). I should have moved up to 16 as everything was embarassingly tight. Now I am wearing all my 14s very comfortably and should be able to move to size 12 for winter clothes.

I did have to switch to alternatives although my choice was excellent. It is just too expensive when the losses are slow.
Which alternatives do you do? I'm just curious because the IP Products are getting so expensive but I really want to reach my goal and phase off with my coach because I'm afraid that I won't do it correctly on my own. I'm on the fence about what to do.
thinkthin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 249/241/150

Height: 5'2

thank you for all the words of wisdom/encouragement today, it has really made a difference.

I did have a quick question, I know it is important to eat no less/no more than what diet says. But can you cut protein in half between lunch and dinner? or vegetables between lunch and breakfast? or is the time of day to eat certain things important too?

my coach did say i can flip lunch and dinner.

thanks again for all the support this site gives!
DThieme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #98  

Weigh in # 12 tomorrow morning! Please send the Whoosh Fairy to NE Montana. The frost could be on the pumpkin tomorrow with a low of 34 F! I hope my body doesn't think it needs to store fat for winter!!!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkthin135 View Post
Which alternatives do you do? I'm just curious because the IP Products are getting so expensive but I really want to reach my goal and phase off with my coach because I'm afraid that I won't do it correctly on my own. I'm on the fence about what to do.

I sent for an order to ProteinWell here in Canada. I didn't get it yet but I still have IP products.
I looked at what the cal, carb etc numbers were on the IP products and then sent for the similiar products with the same counts.
But I won't know till I get them if they taste OK.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #100  

Default Week Two

Week One lost 8.6 pounds!!!! Can't wait to weigh and measure this Thursday; people are already telling me I look like I am losing weight!!! This diet is crazy--crazy good!!!! I can't believe that I am not hungry during the day (just a little bit at night) and I have no cravings for the "bad" stuff. My birthday is tomorrow and I know I can resist the cake!!!
stormy0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post

I did have to switch to alternatives although my choice was excellent. It is just too expensive when the losses are slow.
You are doing Great! Make sure you stay on the boards, so we can keep track of each other. I posted in the newbie, but will post here. Those using alternatives are doing well. I am phasing off in October for the holidays and then will resume the first of the year with alternatives. We will get there, just taking a little longer than some. I have bought alternatives from Noshua (my favorite), Diet Direct (also good customer service) and Lindora. I also buy Pure Protein for hubby at WalMart/Sams & Wegmans. I think Target may have it also. I also buy him the EAS shakes at WalMart/Sams.

Made roasted eggplant and garlic tonight with fish. yummy
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Started on IP last Friday. So far, so good!!! I feel like I am very lucky as I don't have hunger cravings and have to remind myself about the morning and afternoon shakes. Hope it continues to go well!
live2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:28 PM   #103  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
Started on IP last Friday. So far, so good!!! I feel like I am very lucky as I don't have hunger cravings and have to remind myself about the morning and afternoon shakes. Hope it continues to go well!
Welcome, you are one of the lucky ones as I was without the cravings and hungry...good luck
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #104  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Whew! What a crazy day!! At the moment I am loving how easily IP fits into my busy lifestyle. The drinks and some cold sliced veggies made it possible to stay OP all day Can't wait to get the kiddos to bed so I can fix dinner. A nice big piece of tilapia sounds SO good right now.

I have to admit when I started I was doubting the night snack thinking that I would need something mid afternoon to perk me up, but I really look forward to getting a little extra something after dinner. It's like my treat for staying OP (well aside from the 2 nights I had to choke down the banana pudding).

Super excited about my weigh in tomorrow. My coach already E-Mailed me back and said my food plan for the week looked good

Congrats on all the SVs and NSVs!!

I'm only planning on doing it on official WI days, that way I'm not going back and forth. Plus if my daily weights start to get discouraging I will stop weighing daily.

The time of day could totally affect you!! I weigh myself throughout the day because apparently I have to much time on my hands but the weight can fluctuate 4+ lbs depending.

I'm in the same boat. I am going to be very interested to see what my stomach looks like when I reach goal. I am very prone to stretch marks and so at the moment it's a little scary. When we're done having kids I might consider having a tummy tuck to move things back to where they should be.
I as well like my night snack, I don't really want to give up have it then... sometimes I am a little hungry during the afternoon but another glass of water helps that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
OK, if you don't hear from me for a while, I'm in jail for beating the snot out of the Wii... LOL
WI was awesome!! 5.6lbs this week!!! A total of 40.2lbs and 44 3/4"...GONE!!!!
And now a pledge that I will not step on the Wii but once, Saturday morning, this week. My coach gave me my phase 2 and 3 sheets to look over. I am giving myself the rest of this month to do what I can then I will decide if I'm ready for Phase 2.
Have great OP day!!
too funny, Phase 2 is so similar to phase 1 except you have your own protein at lunch... phase 3 is where we really have to think and work things out... but am looking forward to peanutbutter and toast.. yum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DThieme View Post
thank you for all the words of wisdom/encouragement today, it has really made a difference.

I did have a quick question, I know it is important to eat no less/no more than what diet says. But can you cut protein in half between lunch and dinner? or vegetables between lunch and breakfast? or is the time of day to eat certain things important too?

my coach did say i can flip lunch and dinner.

thanks again for all the support this site gives!
I was told that it is important that we have the 2 cups at lunch and 2 at supper. I also read here that some people do split there veggies if they are hungry and eat a little in the morning between breakfast and lunch.. If you are hungry between breakfast and lunch try having a cup of tea and then wait 15 minutes and if you are still hungry have some vegetables, or even a lettuce salad. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
You are doing Great! Make sure you stay on the boards, so we can keep track of each other. I posted in the newbie, but will post here. Those using alternatives are doing well. I am phasing off in October for the holidays and then will resume the first of the year with alternatives. We will get there, just taking a little longer than some. I have bought alternatives from Noshua (my favorite), Diet Direct (also good customer service) and Lindora. I also buy Pure Protein for hubby at WalMart/Sams & Wegmans. I think Target may have it also. I also buy him the EAS shakes at WalMart/Sams.

Made roasted eggplant and garlic tonight with fish. yummy
I love grilled eggplant...(couldn't even eat eggplant before IP) and very low in carb, cal and protein.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
You will do great, just follow the diet and it works for you. Hope you enjoy and learn as much as I have from the diet, and the forum... Welcome.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:29 AM   #105  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changetoday View Post
I just had a 9lb baby boy 4 mths and this was a question I was going to ask you ladies. What about all that extra skin. My kangaroo pouch is disqusting. Any thoughts on this?
I have had mine for a long time now, but I had lost all my weight twice in the past and the pouch disappeared. I did do a lot of crunches though, not sure if that is 100% the reason why I no longer had the pouch or if it was just the weight loss but it's come back since I've put the weight back on so it's a constant battle for me. As soon as I'm given the approval to exercise I'm doing sit ups like a mad woman. I also make sure that I have the raspberry jello a few times a week, it's supposed to help with lose skin and cellulite and I'm game to give anything a try.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote