Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I am trying to respond to the blood pressure question. It keeps telling me my response is too short. But it is what folllows. I'll try it without "quoting" the original question.

I have lowish blood pressure anyway and mine went that low the second week on IP.
Actually I think it is from drinking all the water. Make sure you get the sea salt in. The first sign for me that it is going low is I get a bit dizzy when I stand up.
Personally I think people with low blood pressure can't handle the massive amounts of water people think is necessary to lose weight.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 08-28-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Good Morning all! I've had a weird problem crop up the last few nights... leg cramps. I've woken up in the middle of the night with a charlie horse in my leg. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it related to this diet somehow?

On another note - I saw the info yesterday about when to take the supplements. I gobble all of mine at once at dinner time. Is that bad for me?

On a happy note, the wedding last night was fun and I got a ton of compliments on my dress and weight loss. My husband even noticed and said something, which is rare.
You really should spread your supplements out. Your body can't absorb that much all at once.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
You really should spread your supplements out. Your body can't absorb that much all at once.

My coach took a Sharpie and wrote on the top of each bottle when to take them. This was as Showgirl outlined above.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the advice! I just took the first half of my supplements and will up the potassium and see if it takes care of the cramps.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #170  

Height: 5'4"

I take all of mine every morning except for an extra Omega 3 I take when I get home from work. Should I be splitting them up too? I better go find that post. I have a hard time remembering to take things so I might be better off just doing what I'm doing. Is it really bad to do it that way?

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 08-28-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
My sister and her husband just finished their first week of IP. We were talking about different ways of preparing the packets and different recipes to try. I told her about making the cereal into pancakes. Anyway, I started thinking, if you don't add the vanilla and sweet stuff and instead added a bit of salt and maybe some other seasonings, could you make it into "bread" and use it as wraps? Has anyone tried that yet? I still can't eat restricted packets or vegetables, but was thinking about this for a lunch meal. Wrap up some veggies and have wraps and salad. What do y'all think?
I haven't made it all the way through the chat pages yet so I'm not sure what anyone else has replied about this yet but I was just thinking that sounds delicious, BUT do you think there is a sort of sweetness to the cereal in itself, it is one with sucralose too so I wonder if it would still be too sweet or not.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning all,

we are just getting rain and flood warnings here. God Bless those who took huge hits from Irene.

Jordanna, Charlie is beautiful, I could just hug her forever, give her one from a true baby & dog lover

Jennydoodle, I did eat a phase II day yesterday. I was at the State Fair in Syracuse, NY and it was HOT & crowded. We were there about 10 hrs., When I got home late last night, I also went ahead and drank down a large amount of water and had BBQ (IP) chips. I figured I didn't eat any of the stuff at the fair. I got up this morning and weighed myself ( I know I am not suppose to, but was nervous about eating so much) and on my home scales, first thing this am and of course naked it was 179.6 Whoot Whoot. I weight in the afternoons for my official WI, but I can't tell you how happy
it made me. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALWAYS BEING THEIR, along with Luv2, Jordanna, Itsaboutime, 2Ride, gettingmygrooveback, colep and the whole bunch of you.
Blood Pressure, mine is naturally low, like the numbers posted and my doctor for years has stressed how important SALT is for me. She said most people would love to have that problem. Also, long before IP, she has me on calcium and she said you have to split it up, you can not absorb that much at once, it suprises me IP has you taking 2 at a time. I don't.
Lazy, rainy day today, good for sewing and knitting. Stay safe!
Old 08-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #173  

That's what we are here for Bella.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #174  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

It is very important to split your supplements up throughout the day. Especially if you are taking more than one potassium. One of the medications in the lethal injection cocktail is an overdose of potassium. You are not doing your heart any favors if you take two at a time. It has the potential to do great damage. If you are taking all of your other pills at one time, you are just wasting your money at the least.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #175  

Does anyone take probiotic acidophilus? I bought some the other day and took it yesterday and today and I've been in the bathroom 5 times already. I'm not complaining because I have had the opposite issue for so long just curious if it's normal. It may not even be that who knows. It's just awful funny it happened after I started taking it.

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 08-28-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

From JackieGee
Yesterday I really struggled. I ended up having 4 packets and I was still snacky. I had diet pop. I had an extra salad with egg white. I had pickles. I had cucumber. I had about 3 slices of nonfat swiss cheese. I don't know what was wrong with me -its the first time I've had any problems like that. At least my choices weren't too bad. Today right now I am back totally committed. I hope it stays that way.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if this will help you, but I have taken 4 packets when I'm having a hungry day and extra veggies, protein and diet pop too. This is a journey, and I realized that I won't last if I'm suffering hunger pangs. I wouldn't call what you did much of a cheat, you could have eaten something totally off program (like hmmmm cheesecake) and instead you opted for more healthy choices.

Last edited by Sherwood; 08-28-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: line separation
Old 08-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Does anyone take probiotic acidophilus? I bought some the other day and took it yesterday and today and I've been in the bathroom 5 times already. I'm not complaining because I have had the opposite issue for so long just curious if it's normal. It may not even be that who knows. It's just awful funny it happened after I started taking it.
Acidopholus is good bacteria - it's probably helping your system clear itself out. Whenever I've taken antibotics, I take acidopholus. The antibiotics kill both the good and bad bacterias, and by taking it, you replace the good bacteria. Luckily I don't have many occasions to take antibiotics, but before the acidophilus I would get yeast infections every single time - now - none!
Old 08-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #178  

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone. I'm just checking in quickly. I was busy with my friend's wedding yesterday. Had a nice time. Didn't get in much water though! I'm parched today. Funny how the body just gets used to having copious amounts of water.

Again, I got lots of compliments on how great I look and how much weight have you lost, and how did you do it... etc, etc. But every picture that friends took, I was like "OMG I still look so huge".

Oh well. Just have to learn to live with it, I guess. It made me realize that I will probably never not feel fat- why would I? I felt fat when I was a teenager and, looking back now, clearly was not overweight. Even though I wish it would, losing weight now won't help with that. Goofy, I know.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #179  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
From JackieGee
Yesterday I really struggled. I ended up having 4 packets and I was still snacky. I had diet pop. I had an extra salad with egg white. I had pickles. I had cucumber. I had about 3 slices of nonfat swiss cheese. I don't know what was wrong with me -its the first time I've had any problems like that. At least my choices weren't too bad. Today right now I am back totally committed. I hope it stays that way.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if this will help you, but I have taken 4 packets when I'm having a hungry day and extra veggies, protein and diet pop too. This is a journey, and I realized that I won't last if I'm suffering hunger pangs. I wouldn't call what you did much of a cheat, you could have eaten something totally off program (like hmmmm cheesecake) and instead you opted for more healthy choices.
Thank you Sherwood. I'm still in ketosis according to my ketostix so I'm relieved about that. Today I am trying to be very very good. I think a big part of my problem was having my orange pancake with WF chocolate syrup for lunch - it just tasted like more. I often have my snack not long before bed and so I don't have time to get cravings but my coach told me not to have them at night. Some of my snacks are pretty yummy and restricted and I think that tend to just make me want more. The bars are particularly bad for that.

I'm going to go back to having my restricteds at night. Not all of them just the ones that are more snacky for me.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #180  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
I haven't made it all the way through the chat pages yet so I'm not sure what anyone else has replied about this yet but I was just thinking that sounds delicious, BUT do you think there is a sort of sweetness to the cereal in itself, it is one with sucralose too so I wonder if it would still be too sweet or not.
That sounds interesting..have not tried it. I have read recipes where people bake crepes and make a crust for tuna or pizza.
Closed Thread