Old 08-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Why wouldn't it work?

I know i'm only on week 4 and only had 1 bad loss but i was wondernig, for what reasons this program woudn't work for someone? Its still been over 1½ week that the scale hasn't move and its worrying me that it won't work (and i'm ok with weighting myself, i don't find it discouraging as i hate surprises at the end of the week).

Just wanted to know, what could be wrong or happening with your body that you wouldn't lose weight eating this way (i don't even have restricted)
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I know i'm only on week 4 and only had 1 bad loss but i was wondernig, for what reasons this program woudn't work for someone? Its still been over 1½ week that the scale hasn't move and its worrying me that it won't work (and i'm ok with weighting myself, i don't find it discouraging as i hate surprises at the end of the week).

Just wanted to know, what could be wrong or happening with your body that you wouldn't lose weight eating this way (i don't even have restricted)
When i first started IP, i had a good loss the first week, but then really slowed down the next couple of weeks. My IP coach increased my protein packs to 4 per day. AFter that, i started losing more weight. It could be you are not eating enough. It is also important to drink the water and eat the recommended amount of veggies.
Also, make sure you are having BM's. Talk to your coach and see if you need to increase the packets. A change may kick start your weight loss.

Last edited by kelly1962; 08-24-2011 at 02:30 PM.
kelly1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Hi Busymom,

I have the same trouble as you, and I have a lot to lose. Most people on here are very supportive, because it is frustrating when I see others losing more and many have "cheated". I have been keeping my distance, because someone told me I was compaining too much, of course, there losses have been good... I am paying alot of money for a program that told me if I followed it, I would lose 3-5/week and that is not the case. With that said, I believe some people lose way slower than others. I am post-meno (early hyster @ 39 yrs) & I am hypothyroid (on Synthroid). With that said, so are others on here. I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Noshua, to switch to alternatives next month, as it is gonna be a long haul for me, they say the weight loss slows as you approach goal, well then I won't be losing but a pound a month then. Good luck to you.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1962 View Post
When i first started IP, i had a good loss the first week, but then really slowed down the next couple of weeks. My IP coach increased my protein packs to 4 per day. AFter that, i started losing more weight. It could be you are not eating enough. It is also important to drink the water and eat the recommended amount of veggies.
Also, make sure you are having BM's. Talk to your coach and see if you need to increase the packets. A change may kick start your weight loss.
I eat all my veggies and salad with lunch and dinner and drink about 140oz of water a day, no restricted..i don't know what more i can do!

I did mention on monday to my coach about increasing it to 4 and she said no, that there's no reason i would need to. Almost not believing me when i told her i hadn't cheated.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #5  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I agree with adding another packet. I think when you are over 200 you need the extra pack.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Bella!!....You better not stay away from these boards!!....I need to know you are doing OK. I was wondering where you have been! If you want to complain, then girl by all means complain. That is what the boards are for!!....DO NOT STAY AWAY!!!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #7  

Quote:
Can you give me an idea of your weekly loss before and after adding another pack?
Old 08-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #8  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Wednesday all. Started with a new coach/clinic yesterday. Feel a lot better about her knowledge. She cut out the calcium and added the Multivitamin. Feels like for a slow loser like me, the calcium just slows the elimination process. So, we'll try that and no restricteds for two weeks.

I think finding the right combo is individual. My last coach told me to eat hormone free meat...which I was already doing. So, its scanning the threads, "talking" to other IP users and experimenting on what might work. It's not an one size fits all program. Main thing is don't give up. I was ready to last week, but found renewed hope and encouragment from the threads!
Celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I agree, I would do a week adding an extra packet or at least adding in a egg or couple of egg whites and make sure you are eating at least 5-8 oz. of protein at dinner. I know your coach said no, but if the scale is not moving, what have you got to lose? I found that on weeks that I shake things up, I have better losses.

For example: The result of WI #11 was a week where I traveled an ended up having a P2 day on day (mind you, I stayed on OP eating only approved foods) and the 1st half of the week I ate restricteds, but the last couple of days I did bootcamp. It was a totally "off" week, yet was my best loss except for week 1.

Another example: WI #2 (I think) I had a loss of 2.4, and although I didn't travel and have a P2 day, I did the beginning of the week with restricteds and the end of the week without. This again, led to a good loss for me.

Last week I bootcamped it all week and still had a loss, just not a big drop. I wasn't really expecting too much since I had a big drop the week before. However, I am trying the "shake up" method this week to see how I do. So for today-Saturday, I am eating my restricted, then come Sunday-Tuesday, they are out.

Maybe you body needs a little shake up. Try an extra packet, a P2 day, a little extra olive oil- something that you are not doing. Like Celticgirl said, sometimes you need to experiment to see what works for you. It is not one size fits all. I found that my body gets very complacent very easily and the more I can trick it, the better off I am.

As an added note, I have found that I have better losses in general if I eliminate:
1). Coffee
2). Mio / water enhancers
3). Walden Farms
I would suggest that if you are ingesting these items on a regular basis, try taking them out for a week just to see what happens.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Bella!!....You better not stay away from these boards!!....I need to know you are doing OK. I was wondering where you have been! If you want to complain, then girl by all means complain. That is what the boards are for!!....DO NOT STAY AWAY!!!!
I just WUV U!

I know you know I am struggling, just got back from another 3 mile walk, my body just loves to hang-on to the weight. I think I told you that a long time ago I had broken my back and neck, I had tubes for everything, no food, no water. I lost about 25 lbs the month I was in the hospital and the doctor said, most people would have lost double that amount and that is what I am seeing here, most people at my weight ( 2 months in on friday) would have seen 25 -30 lbs lost. So, my doctors nor I can figure out why, just "good genes" according to my doctor, I could survive longer than most without food. LOL. I WI friday again, but not lookin' too good. hmmm. Lovin your losses and how is cousin making out?
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I agree, I would do a week adding an extra packet or at least adding in a egg or couple of egg whites and make sure you are eating at least 5-8 oz. of protein at dinner. I know your coach said no, but if the scale is not moving, what have you got to lose? I found that on weeks that I shake things up, I have better losses.

For example: The result of WI #11 was a week where I traveled an ended up having a P2 day on day (mind you, I stayed on OP eating only approved foods) and the 1st half of the week I ate restricteds, but the last couple of days I did bootcamp. It was a totally "off" week, yet was my best loss except for week 1.

Another example: WI #2 (I think) I had a loss of 2.4, and although I didn't travel and have a P2 day, I did the beginning of the week with restricteds and the end of the week without. This again, led to a good loss for me.

Last week I bootcamped it all week and still had a loss, just not a big drop. I wasn't really expecting too much since I had a big drop the week before. However, I am trying the "shake up" method this week to see how I do. So for today-Saturday, I am eating my restricted, then come Sunday-Tuesday, they are out.

Maybe you body needs a little shake up. Try an extra packet, a P2 day, a little extra olive oil- something that you are not doing. Like Celticgirl said, sometimes you need to experiment to see what works for you. It is not one size fits all. I found that my body gets very complacent very easily and the more I can trick it, the better off I am.

As an added note, I have found that I have better losses in general if I eliminate:
1). Coffee
2). Mio / water enhancers
3). Walden Farms
I would suggest that if you are ingesting these items on a regular basis, try taking them out for a week just to see what happens.
Should i just have a restricted as one of my 3 daily IP or should i have 4 IP packet (and one being a restricted).
Old 08-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Should i just have a restricted as one of my 3 daily IP or should i have 4 IP packet (and one being a restricted).
My 2nd week on IP i only lost 1 lb, so she said because of my weight, i should bump up to 4 packs a day( 3 and 1 restricted). Some people at a higher weight need more protein. I dont think you have anything to lose by trying it. AFter i took the 4 packets, the next week i lost 3 lbs the following week. I did it for two weeks and then i went back down to 3 packets a day.
kelly1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #13  

Quote:
My 2nd week on IP i only lost 1 lb, so she said because of my weight, i should bump up to 4 packs a day( 3 and 1 restricted). Some people at a higher weight need more protein. I dont think you have anything to lose by trying it. AFter i took the 4 packets, the next week i lost 3 lbs the following week. I did it for two weeks and then i went back down to 3 packets a day.
Thank you, i go by the IP clinic on my way home so i'll pick up a couple of restricted items
Old 08-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
I would bump yourself up to 4 packets, including (1) restricted per day.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #15  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I just WUV U!

I know you know I am struggling, just got back from another 3 mile walk, my body just loves to hang-on to the weight. I think I told you that a long time ago I had broken my back and neck, I had tubes for everything, no food, no water. I lost about 25 lbs the month I was in the hospital and the doctor said, most people would have lost double that amount and that is what I am seeing here, most people at my weight ( 2 months in on friday) would have seen 25 -30 lbs lost. So, my doctors nor I can figure out why, just "good genes" according to my doctor, I could survive longer than most without food. LOL. I WI friday again, but not lookin' too good. hmmm. Lovin your losses and how is cousin making out?
He lost 3.2lbs today when we went weigh in so he is doing good!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote