3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein recipes & pix from Finland (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland.html)

MaMaZu 02-21-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodEatsandWine (Post 4223712)
My husband and I tried these yesterday for breakfast (using the lemon pudding) and they are amazing! I'm not even a waffle/syrup fan but now I want them every day! I could eat them plain as well. Can't wait to try the chicken soup/lunch version! YUM!

Does anyone know if there's an alternative pudding mix that works for the waffles? I would love to try these!

willsmashfat 02-23-2012 10:04 PM

"Clam Chowder" using IP potato puree

With apologies to New Englanders, here is a clam chowder I came up with today:

1 c. celery, chopped
1 c. leeks, chopped
"saute" with cooking spray and some water until tender.
add
1/2 can clams and liquid, Mrs. Dash garlic and herb mix
stir in
IP potato puree mixed with 3 - 4 oz. water
top with butter spray or sprinkles and sea salt

this counts as veggies, one packet and 2 oz of seafood. Very chunky and very filling.

Feel free to modify and report back.

tenniels 02-24-2012 01:00 AM

With the waffles using Lemon Pudding, could a person just make them into pancakes instead? I sadly do not have a waffle iron :(

FinnSteven 02-24-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willsmashfat (Post 4228317)
With apologies to New Englanders, here is a clam chowder I came up with today:

1 c. celery, chopped
1 c. leeks, chopped
"saute" with cooking spray and some water until tender.
add
1/2 can clams and liquid, Mrs. Dash garlic and herb mix
stir in
IP potato puree mixed with 3 - 4 oz. water
top with butter spray or sprinkles and sea salt

this counts as veggies, one packet and 2 oz of seafood. Very chunky and very filling.

Feel free to modify and report back.

Oh. My. Gosh. That sounds amazing. Our clinic still hasnt gotten in the IP Potatoes, so I cannot wait to do this. Looking at the recipe, the only thing I would add is white pepper. That was the magic ingredient to my mom's recipe.

FinnSteven 02-24-2012 02:20 AM

pancakes from lemon pudding

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenniels (Post 4228438)
With the waffles using Lemon Pudding, could a person just make them into pancakes instead? I sadly do not have a waffle iron :(

I havent done it, but have heard from other readers that would work. I'll make this tonight and let you know how it turns out!

RE: Alt Pudding
When my clinics IP food got locked in customs, I tried a few different alternative products. NONE of them worked for things that they were not originally intended for. (ie, soups did not make good veggie patties. Drinks and puddings did not make cakes or waffles.) For some reason, the IP Packets have something about them that is optimal for being versitile which I havent seen anywhere else.

tenniels 02-24-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4228450)
I havent done it, but have heard from other readers that would work. I'll make this tonight and let you know how it turns out!

That would be awesome! Thanks for the help :) And I'm following you on Facebook because I just think you and your recipes are fabulous!

pegv 02-24-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenniels (Post 4228438)

I have made pancakes with the waffle mix and they were great, even better than my flopped waffles. I made the waffles several times but I just can't get them to turn out. Mine are all crust. I dont know if I have my iron temperature to high at 400 or to much batter. After having many flops, I decided to make pancakes out of the batter and they were awesome!

tenniels 02-26-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pegv (Post 4229238)
I have made pancakes with the waffle mix and they were great, even better than my flopped waffles. I made the waffles several times but I just can't get them to turn out. Mine are all crust. I dont know if I have my iron temperature to high at 400 or to much batter. After having many flops, I decided to make pancakes out of the batter and they were awesome!

Great! Thanks for sharing! I need to buy some Lemon Pudding when I get food on Monday, can't wait to try this :)

FinnSteven 02-26-2012 03:52 AM

SAVORY CHICKEN/ HAM PUFFS (All Phases. Serves 2) :

Delicious and portable! Great for lunch! Especially helpful for those just starting the diet who need to snack often during the day until the ketosis kicks in and you dont feel hungry all the time. Because it uses egg whites which are minimal protein and calories, and veggies, this is a great recipe to make and eat 1-2 puffs throughough the day.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...09385080_n.jpg

Ingredients:
1- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced (using less chicken allows you to eat all of the portions (12) in one day. Using two breasts means you eat half the batch...about 6 portions in one day) Also see notes for other meat suggestions:
5 egg whites
1 cup celery, minced
2 tbsp red or green bell pepper (chopped)
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp sea salt
Olive oil cooking spray
OPTIONAL: Additional veggies...add 1 or all. I used all.
1/4 cup frozen or fresh chopped raw onion
1/4 - 1/2 cup minced mushrooms (canned or fresh)
1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh alfalpha sprouts and/or mung bean sprouts

Directions:
1. Beat egg whites
2. Mix all ingredients well in a medium bowl.
3. Spoon into 6 well-sprayed muffin cups.
4. Bake at 350 F (about 180 C) 30-35 minutes, until set and lightly browned.

NOTES: Originally, I found this recipe from the wonderful Windsor CBP Spine Center Ideal Protein Facebook page. (worth Liking!)

I finally made these after posting the link from the above site. The other recipe didnt have the baking powder, so although they were delicious, they didnt set up as nicely as when you add it. So I modified the recipe a bit to suit my tastes.

I also added additional veggies to stretch the batch and get more vegetables in my diet, since I sometimes find it hard to get everything in.

If you are in a rush, you can substitute chopped precooked ham or turkey for the chicken. (I have even just taken a scissors to lunch meat slices to cut into tiny pieces and add in. If I dont want to use all of my meat protein for the day, just use more veggies and a couple of chopped ham slices to flavor the puffs, but still have a leftover allowance of meat protein for later in the day.

I have now made these a few times and love them. They are great hot out of the over and very very good cold. As mentioned above, this is now my "go-to" recipe when I know I will be wanting to snack on something throughout the day or feel especially hungry. Great to make-ahead the night before too.

pegv 02-26-2012 06:43 AM

I made these yesterday and they made more than 6 muffins. I thought they were very good

FinnSteven 02-26-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pegv (Post 4230590)
I made these yesterday and they made more than 6 muffins. I thought they were very good

My batch made 12 full sized muffins. I used less chicken, more veggies and less egg whites because the organic eggs we were using were ENORMOUS. Turned out delicious and will definately be making this often.

Cant wait to try some different variations like an indian curry version.

Sum38 02-26-2012 04:38 PM

Tuleepa koti-ikava :D
(I am homesick now)

FinnSteven 02-26-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4231137)
Tuleepa koti-ikava :D
(I am homesick now)

:-) Miss Finland in the glorious summertime. Not in the barren winter. I am FREEZING and ready for spring!

Sum38 02-26-2012 07:50 PM

Michigan isn't much better. -- I miss the lighted paths and evening walks.

willsmashfat 02-27-2012 12:10 AM

Recipe variations

Veggie patties - chopped broccoli and broccoli cheese soup, mrs dash herb & garlic

Pudding cakes - add DaVinci syrup to vanilla pudding. Raspberry, blueberry, caramel and enough water to make batter.
Blueberry pudding and blueberry syrup made blueberry muffins

Pudding pancakes from pudding waffle recipe, add flavored syrup.

Jelly roll - make pudding pancake with raspberry syrup, spread with WF raspberry spread, roll up.

Steve - you inspire me! Diet?! What diet?!

Diana B 02-28-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4077620)
Thanks. Thats the main reason I started doing them...
1) I am visual and want to see what the food I am making is going to look like. So the pix are exactly what I made.

2) I got nervous starting the diet when I saw what we could have. I thought I would never be able to do it. But with the great help of the recipe threads on this board as well as some creativity with adapting old favourites to Ideal Protein friendly versions, I think that these recipes won't allow anyone to say that they are bored! (And almost every one of them is easy to follow and not time consuming.)

I am still discovering new twists on things I thought I had exhausted the resources for. An example is the past two days I have re-discovered the IP Butterscotch Pudding.

1) Mix IP Butterscotch with IP Cappucino for a hot Caramel Cappucino or an icy cold Caramel Frappucino.

2) Mix IP Butterscotch with IP Chocolate Drink and a pinch of sea salt to emulate a wicked sea salt & caramel chocolate bar. (I got that idea from the boards... its a good one.)

I mix the dry powders together in a sealable container, then scoop out half for my portion. Then I add it to up to 16 oz/ 2 cups of cold water (I find its not watering the flavor down) and blend.

If I am making it a Frappucino, I add 1 packet of Splenda/Truvia and about 4 big ice cubes.

If I am making it a Hot Drink, then I pour it into a mug 3/4 full or less and heat in the microwave. (Sometimes when heating, it will expand and spill over, so be careful.) I dust with a tiiiiiiny bit of cocoa and/or a lot of cinnamon. When I finish that mug, I re-blend, then heat that up.

Its fun to find new uses for products... especially for those on the diet who only buy 3 boxes per week and eat the same food every day. Having a little leeway to mix and match and create new tastes makes it easier.

(The other great secret is adding 2 beaten egg whites to your Soup packets instead of water, then adding vegetables like sprouts, shredded zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, etc then making vegetarian pancakes. Have done that with Leek, Chicken, & Mushroom Soups with various combinations of add ins and all were stellar. That way a "soup" can either be a soup or a solid (and the pancakes travel and re-heat well for work too)

Glad you are enjoying the recipes. Hope to hear back from people once they make them about what they loved, hated, or didnt work so I can better bulletproof them for others.

I am SO glad to have found this site, and THANK YOU for these awesome recipes! I have just completed my first week, and I am not as creative as you are with food, so I thought it would be the same boring things.....not now!! Thanks for taking the time to share this with everyone!:bravo:

MaMaZu 02-28-2012 12:21 PM

Just saw this recipe today for making potato chips in the microwave; will be trying it with turnips, zucchini and will let you know how they turn out.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make...crowave-166718

Debbie99 03-03-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janedocmom (Post 4099828)
Steven, you have done the impossible......you've turned me into a cook.....that is, for one meal at least! I made this delicious dish for my fiance and he was in gastronomical heaven. He also kept blabbering that I was an amazing cook. I am wondering if there were some hallucinogens in the prawns????? For someone who considers cooking a combat sport and who can only operate a microwave oven (on occasion), I could not believe how filling and fantastic this meal was. Best of all, I was able to do it. I did add roasted brussel spouts to the dish. My many thanks to you and your generosity of spirit and creativity. My only problem now is an encore........back to your facebook page I go!
:comp::chef:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Haha! I chuckled when I read this because Steven you have done the exact same thing for me! I actually brought a few things for my co-worker who is on IP to try. She was surprised how tasty the Chili Pakoras were. Thank you so much!

Debbie99 03-03-2012 04:23 PM

Ip Crepe Bread!

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4070657)
STUFFED PITA BREAD (IP Orange Pancake / IP Crepe (?)):
Bread? Bread! Bread! Bread! Yes, there is a Santa Claus and he comes in the form of bread. This is a super easy recipe that I was surprised with how good it was.

I am also looking for someone to let me know if this works with the IP Crepe (or maybe even the Crunchy Cereal "pancakes"). The Orange Pancakes for the Pita turned out amazing (and I LOATHED them as pancakes).

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...51907816_n.jpg

These are pix I take myself, so what you see is actually what it looks like. Yum.

Ingredients:
Pita Pocket:

1 packet of Ideal Protein Orange Pancake (should also work with the crepe but I havent tried that yet)
1/8 - 1/4 tsp Pizza herbs (dried basil, oregano, etc)
100 ml water (about 4oz)
Pinch of sea salt

Filling:
Stuff with your choice of vegetables and dressing.
I use:
Shredded iceberg lettuce
Sprouts (this was mandatory for me. So good)
Chopped tomato (I used 4 cherry tomatoes cut into 4 pieces)
Sliced and grilled mushrooms
(Mix all ingredients together. I pour my dressing on the ingredients in a bowl and stir before stuffing the pita so that the dressing is evenly divded and I get more tastes with less dressing)

Dressing:
Use your choice of dressing from the Dressings list:

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 175C (350F).
2. Mix IP Orange Pancake, herbs, water and sea salt until you have a thick batter.
3. Spray a circular pie pan (I use glass) with PAM or other non-stick cooking spray. This is very important, since if the bread sticks to the bottom of the pan, it will tear and make it difficult to stuff the pita. (You can also use baking paper)
4. Spread batter into the full circle of the pan, being careful to NOT go to the edges.
5. Cook for about 20minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
6. Remove from the pan, and slice down the middle. You should then be able to take a knife or scissors and open up a pocket like pita bread.
7. Fill with your stuffing of veggies.
If you fail (you wont....but just in case) the bread makes an amazing tostada base...so just stack your salad ingredients on top, add dressing and eat that way. Just as delicious. If you look at the picture, I make one half stuffed pita and cut the other half into pieces to make litle open faced sandwiches with the lettuce.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...1&d=1330809729

I have been waiting all week to try the bread. I didn't have the pancake so I tried the IP Crepe like Steven suggested. I add oregano, garlic, savory and salt. I baked it according to his instructions in a glass pie plate. I thought I had added a generous amount of Pam cooking spray, but I don't think it was enough. It stuck to the bottom of the pan. I managed to get in out in once piece but it wasn't pita worthy. But that's ok I used it like a soft taco wrap. The bread was amazing! It reminded me of the pan bread I used get in a restuarant years ago. I used the raspberry dressing recipe Steven provided and tossed the sprouts and shredded cabbage with it. Added a few green onions, folded it over, added a pickle skewer, and ran to the table to chow down!

It was marvelous! And I had no idea sprouts were yummy! I mean, I felt like giggling when I was eating.

Thank you Steven for all your creativity. I would not have been able to do IP without your pictures. I'm a visual person and this is my saving grace. I took a picture, one day I figure out how to add it properly to the forum.

All hail the great IP chef Steven! ;-)

Debbie

mompattie 03-03-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMaZu (Post 4224569)
Does anyone know if there's an alternative pudding mix that works for the waffles? I would love to try these!

I use ProtiDiet products and have had success with the waffles, except I use 1 whole egg and 1 egg white, and 2 TBSP Davinci syrup in place of the water. I use the baking powder and spice as well and have always had successful waffles!

bethanym 03-03-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMaZu (Post 4233500)
Just saw this recipe today for making potato chips in the microwave; will be trying it with turnips, zucchini and will let you know how they turn out.

Please let us know how this works!

Hockeymom40 03-03-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4228449)
Oh. My. Gosh. That sounds amazing. Our clinic still hasnt gotten in the IP Potatoes, so I cannot wait to do this. Looking at the recipe, the only thing I would add is white pepper. That was the magic ingredient to my mom's recipe.

It is amazing!!! It was yummy!

Yatese 03-04-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

YUM......thanks so much for posting. It is hard to beat the turnip frys (actually like them better than french fries) but a chip would be great!

Wuvs Mom 03-04-2012 12:28 PM

Chips

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethanym (Post 4239472)
Please let us know how this works!

I made the zucchini chips yesterday and they were very good nice and crunchy. I'm not sure if they would stay crunchy after a while because they were all eaten after I dished them up. My grandsons were waiting when each batch would be done. LOL!!

bethanym 03-04-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wuvs Mom (Post 4240285)
I made the zucchini chips yesterday and they were very good nice and crunchy. I'm not sure if they would stay crunchy after a while because they were all eaten after I dished them up. My grandsons were waiting when each batch would be done. LOL!!

Thank you...I will definitely try them!

strugglinwithweight 03-04-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

thank you so much....going to try this tonight

sherylynn 03-05-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strugglinwithweight (Post 4240715)
thank you so much....going to try this tonight

Ditto - I have a turnip and was going to do my traditional turnip fries. But this sounds much better. I have been craving crunch!
:carrot:

Spercy55 03-07-2012 07:46 PM

OK so far I have made the pot roast, the shakes, the poppy seed chicken, the roasted califlower and the omlets...OMG i LOVED everything...Thanks for tips and ideas and first and foremost the PICS!!!!!

Spercy55 03-07-2012 10:44 PM

Hi FinnSteven...do you have any great recipies on fish? Like red snapper or porgies?

FinnSteven 03-08-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spercy55 (Post 4245035)
OK so far I have made the pot roast, the shakes, the poppy seed chicken, the roasted califlower and the omlets...OMG i LOVED everything...Thanks for tips and ideas and first and foremost the PICS!!!!!

Thanks. Glad its helping and that they are working! I myself dont eat a lot of fish, but one of my favourite recipes is the Sunday Salmon Bake (Click Here)

The Garaham Masala Steamed Flounder (Click Here) is also very good.

Fresh Lemon Pepper Tuna (Click Here) is also a rare treat... I usually use canned Tuna for either salad or patties.

However, I have found that most fish recipes translate perfectly into Ideal Protein recipes without much adjustment. If the spices call for sugar, use sugar substitute like Truvia or Splenda (for example for "Jamaican Jerk" seasoning. Easy to make your own.) Instead of frying, try steaming (I use my rice cooker), baking, or the outdoor BBQ grill. If the recipe uses cream, try using your 1 oz of milk (instead of in your morning coffee). It will not be thick, but it will give you the taste. (Using cream is not on IP protocol, but that or 1 oz of Turkish Yogurt should not kick you out of ketosis. Although I do not recommend it because its a slippery slope thats hard to come back from...I have added a very small portion of Turkish Yogurt or Full Cream to a few recipes on special occasions without negative impact. Usually when I have having guests and dont want to make 2 separate meals.)

FinnSteven 03-10-2012 05:41 PM

thanks to all those who have found enjoyment from this thread.

I have decided to no longer post at this forum, as currently there seem to be more threads about alternative products and off-program topics than there is about Ideal Protein. The Ideal Protein diet has literally changed my life. So it may seem a bit silly to some, but I do not want to be associated with a forum where someone who has never been on the official diet or had proper coaching is giving advice as an expert or claiming that an alternative product is the same without facts to back it up. Although I understand the financial need to use alternative products, and the possibility for success using them... its not Ideal Protein and not fair for those who come to this site looking for information about the diet in the header name, not some Frankenstein-ed mashup. But thats just my opinion.

I will still be updating my Ideal Protein Facebook page, so if you have found this thread helpful, come LIKE the page to get regular updates ofr Ideal Protein Phase 1 recipes both for IP packets as well as regular low-carb meals you can feed your family or take to work while still being 100% on program.

http://www.facebook.com/idealproteinlohja

patns 03-10-2012 05:45 PM

Finn, I went back to post on that thread after it was locked. I just wanted to point out what may have led to the misunderstanding, which I think it was.

Your title said post in an "alternative forum". People read "forum" as 3fatchicks forum. I think you may have meant "alternative section".
Your recipes are a tremendous addition to the board. The alternative products do not work in the recipes so that is a definite plus for IP products.

So most people who use alternatives do not frequent your thread. To me that s the biggest drawback on alternatives is much less variety without your recipes.

So I hope you do continue to post. You are providing a very valuable service to Ipers.

Pat

FinnSteven 03-10-2012 06:00 PM

Thanks Pat. Very wise observation... and you are right. I meant that the 3FatChicks forums have a MASSIVE reach of just about every diet theme you could think of and my point was that if someone was just on a low-carb diet similar to IP, then she would find more siimlar dieters by clicking one section up rather than staying in the IP section.

(or of course to continue to use the alternatives, but to try to be respectful of other dieters on the IP program and try to keep posts not relevant to the program within just a few threads instead of so many. It just seemed that too many threads were just about IP being too expensive and recommending different products which may or may not be the same which I thought was confusing)

However, its time for me to move on. I'll continue to create and post recipes, tips and hints. Just not on this forum. There are some wonderful, helpful people here who absolutely inspire me and helped me on my own journey as well as set the example that we all should help and support each other.

But I have quietly disagreed with too many of the posts in the past few months and have felt that some are even detrimental to new dieters. I spoke up my concerns as one opinion in one thread. I was silenced within one hour.

that's the moderators right, but I dont have to like it and dont have to stay.

And those who have enjoyed my posts, recipes and pix are welcome to come play with me on FB. Those who don't care won't miss me. haha! :hug:

DanafromAustin 03-10-2012 06:30 PM

Very surprised your thread was shut down like that. You made some very valid points, just sorry that the thread wasn't allowed to progress. I also agree with you in that IP has changed my life too as I follow the plan 100 percent. I "liked" you on FB, so I look forward to more yummy recipes from you. Best of luck on your continuing IP journey.

frazzledmom04 03-10-2012 06:35 PM

I'm so sorry that you won't be around but totally understand your point. I have to say that you have been a lfesaver to me on IP with all your fabulous recipes. You have helped make this journey so much easier and definately not boring. I too have liked you on FB and wish you continued success on your journey as well.

ipsbest4me 03-10-2012 06:50 PM

I feel very disturbed that your thread was shut down and feel like perhaps this isn't the place for me either. I believed that one could express an opinion here as long as it was done with respect which I believe yours was. I'm so very sorry to see the end of this amazing thread and your always upbeat posts. See you on your fb page.

mulderdog 03-11-2012 10:11 AM

Mr. FinnSteven:
YOU ROCK
Totally agree with your stance.
As IP has been so life changing for me as well, the exact same feelings had been creeping into my brain !
Sure, Ive tried a few alternatives. you know what: IMHO they are simply not as good.I'm speaking of flavor, nutrition, ease of use, etc.
Good on You.

MustangMolly 03-12-2012 08:57 AM

Good morning everyone. I have been waiting all weekend to share a recipe with you....if someone has already done this I must have missed it. Anyway here is my new "bread".

1 IP chicken soup mix, 2 egg whites, 1/8 tsp baking powder and water.

I beat the egg whites until frothy but not stiff, added the baking powder to the dry soup mix. Then I added the soup mix to the egg whites and then added water. I added enough water to make a pancake type batter and cooked them just like pancakes. I made two very large pancakes and used them as bread and had a wonderful veggie sandwhich for my lunch.

I think next time I will make the batter a bit more thin and try to make a tortilla instead of a pancake, it would be great for a rollup

sherylynn 03-12-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4250253)
Good morning everyone. I have been waiting all weekend to share a recipe with you....if someone has already done this I must have missed it. Anyway here is my new "bread".

1 IP chicken soup mix, 2 egg whites, 1/8 tsp baking powder and water.

I beat the egg whites until frothy but not stiff, added the baking powder to the dry soup mix. Then I added the soup mix to the egg whites and then added water. I added enough water to make a pancake type batter and cooked them just like pancakes. I made two very large pancakes and used them as bread and had a wonderful veggie sandwhich for my lunch.

I think next time I will make the batter a bit more thin and try to make a tortilla instead of a pancake, it would be great for a rollup

Sounds great! I'll try this for my lunch today.

sherylynn 03-12-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherylynn (Post 4241523)
Ditto - I have a turnip and was going to do my traditional turnip fries. But this sounds much better. I have been craving crunch!
:carrot:

Ok, tried these this weekend and have to say I was disappointed. I already make turnip fries in the oven and would stick with those over the microwave. Perhaps turnips aren't as microwave friendly for crisping compared to potatoes - maybe it's their more fibrous nature, or lack of starch, water content. Perhaps, my 'chips' were too thick. Perhaps my microwave doesn't have the right power.

Either way it was a huge pain to get out my mandoline, cut up 'chips,' soak them, dry them, microwave them only 5 at a time. I also never got a crisp to them.

It was a fun experiment though...