3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein recipes & pix from Finland (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland.html)

patns 01-11-2012 06:44 PM

Wowee!! You put everything together and downlaodable. Can't wait till I get home to my printer. Thank you so much for doing this.

Linden 01-12-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4167635)
Thanks everyone! (and will be trying the Taco Salad recipe! And, yes, I have made the blueberry pudding as muffins once (our clinic only had a few packets available). I've also used strawberry. Both turned out fine, but I think the banana and lemon tasted closer to the real thing. (Blueberry misses the SQUISH of real fruit, though the zucchini helped the texture.)

Now... let's see if this works....

WOO HOO! DOWNLOADABLE PDF (FINALLY!) OF TONS OF RECIPES FROM MY FB PAGE IS FINALLY HERE (Version 1)

Click Here to go to my Facebook page for the link to the pdf and instructions to download it.

If you arent familiar with pdfs, you can download a free Adobe Acrobat pdf reader here. (Uncheck the box that installs the free toolbar. You dont need it)

This is the message I got last night and again this morning, Steven. I'm wondering if others did, too? Regardless, THANK YOU.

Too many redirects occurred trying to open “https://doc-04-14-docsviewer.googleu...cPOdNw6”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.

FinnSteven 01-12-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 4168274)
This is the message I got last night and again this morning, Steven. I'm wondering if others did, too? Regardless, THANK YOU.

Too many redirects occurred trying to open “https://doc-04-14-docsviewer.googleu...aOYx83cPOdNw6”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.

Hmm. thats why I mentioned "Hope this works." I tried it this morning and it worked fine. I think it freaked out because of too many hits yesterday since I don't pay for premium version of Google Docs. I tried to upload directly to this site, but it was too big. If someone has a better idea for a storage space for the doc (5MB) which wouldnt time out from too many downloads, send me a private message.

Until then... if it fails, wait a bit and try again.

Linden 01-12-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4168310)
Hmm. thats why I mentioned "Hope this works." I tried it this morning and it worked fine. I think it freaked out because of too many hits yesterday since I don't pay for premium version of Google Docs. I tried to upload directly to this site, but it was too big. If someone has a better idea for a storage space for the doc (5MB) which wouldnt time out from too many downloads, send me a private message.

Until then... if it fails, wait a bit and try again.

Thanks a lot. (So nice that someone else is awake at this hour. :D)

Shem7412 01-12-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4047350)
BANANA BREAD (IP Banana Pudding):
Stretch your pudding and create a tasty snack that makes 9 medium or 6 large portions... All for you and all together count as only 1 non-restricted item!

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...58413579_n.jpg

Ingredients:
2 beaten egg whites
1 Package IP Banana Pudding
1 cup or more shredded zucchini
1 tsp baking powder
1 small package Truvia, Splenda or other sweetener (about 1 tsp)
1 tsp or more cinnamon
1/2 tsp or more cardamom
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 - 1 tsp nutmeg
Optional: 1 tsp Rum extract and/or vanilla extract
Optional: Yellow food coloring (if you are sensitive about food looking more Banana-y. I dont use it)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 180 C (bout 350 F)
1. Grate zucchini (I use 1/2 a large zucchini for about 1-1.5 cups). Use a paper towel to soak up the moisture/water from the zucchini.
2. Dust the shredded zucchini with the various spices (cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, nutmeg) and let sit for about 2 minutes.
3. While waiting, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold a shape.
4. Add in IP Banana pudding, baking powder, and sweetener. Blend.
5. Add in zucchini and rum/vanilla extract if using and blend.
6. Spray a muffin tin with Pam or other non-stick spray.
7. Pour batter into muffin tins. I made 9 med size filling each 1/2 way up. It will also make 6 large if you want.
8. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until top turns dark, but not burned. (Watch carefully).

NOTE: This "bread" will puff up gorgeously when baking, but will often deflate after taking from the oven. You can try cooking a bit longer or just enjoy the funny looking, but tasty treats as they fall. ("Fallen" bread is in the picture.)

This recipe will also work with Chocolate IP Pudding.

MORE NOTES:
I have to admit that I really dislike the Banana Pudding by itself, so looked for a way to re-imagine it in a way I would enjoy. I would absolutely make this recipe again.

I have previously posted a recipe for cupcakes which are ok, but not my favourite. This version is quite a bit better. Believe it or not, the zucchini gives it much more body as well as increases your portions dramatically. It also transforms into a delicious taste when the spices are added and it bakes. The Truvia sweetener is also a revelation in these, because it takes away the slightly chalky flavor of the pudding and makes it taste much better.

Lastly, I am from Finland, where Cardamom is King, so I am biased... but I think the taste and texture that spice gives really improves the overall banana taste. But you can make it without the cardamom as well if you dont have any.

When you say... add in IP Banana Pudding... do you mean the mix or actually make up pudding with water and then add it that to the mix?

FinnSteven 01-12-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shem7412 (Post 4169231)
When you say... add in IP Banana Pudding... do you mean the mix or actually make up pudding with water and then add it that to the mix?

Just the IP Pudding packet. Dont make the pudding and add it.

FinnSteven 01-12-2012 05:20 PM

Get PDF of Tons of FinnSteven's Recipes!

Now... let's see if this works....

WOO HOO! DOWNLOADABLE PDF (FINALLY!) OF TONS OF RECIPES FROM MY FB PAGE IS FINALLY HERE (Version 1)

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...12793356_n.jpg

Click Here to go to my Facebook page for the link to the pdf and instructions to download it.

If you arent familiar with pdfs, you can download a free Adobe Acrobat pdf reader here. (Uncheck the box that installs the free toolbar. You dont need it)

If you get a "File Not Available" its because there was a high download that day... just try again later. (I am still looking for a free site to host 5MB file that wont have limits with the download. Open to recommendations!)

Please let me know if a favourite recipe from my site is missing. I put this together for my coach for some of our new dieters in Finland, and didnt have time to do all the recipes yet. (If I get a few PayPal donations to help out, I'll update in a few months with a lot more. I started this project while on a 6 week paid summer vacation so it was easier to update often. Now my day job (and the sheer number of recipes created already!) makes it harder to prioritize frequent updates... but I'll try to keep going as long as I have ideas and inspiration from others)

Good luck and happy dieting! Suffering is optional! (But preparation and pre-making the food for your work lunches the night before sure helps, too! haha)

shelly ann 01-12-2012 05:25 PM

Was able to download it beautifully and even make a copy to share. Yes, I will definitely update my Paypal and send a donation. Thank you so much for all the time and work you have put into this!!

lulubele 01-16-2012 05:09 PM

Oh my gosh I am so psyched to have found this thread.....Finn you are a life safer & I LOVE that you are taking pictures!! That helps so much to see what it should look like. I've only been on the IP for 2 weeks & was already getting bored with chicken breast & broccoli,lol.

FinnSteven 01-17-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulubele (Post 4174921)
Oh my gosh I am so psyched to have found this thread.....Finn you are a life safer & I LOVE that you are taking pictures!! That helps so much to see what it should look like. I've only been on the IP for 2 weeks & was already getting bored with chicken breast & broccoli,lol.

:-) I will be posting a few new recipes this week after a long break. Glad they are helping. (And dont be intimidated by anything that looks hard. I dont do difficult cooking. We have a family of 3 boys so dont have tons of time to cook. So everything is easy if you read the directions.

patns 01-21-2012 09:47 PM

bump

mompattie 01-23-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntdee (Post 4122433)
I made the "Ice Cream".... I used the Peach Mango drink mix... tasted like Sorbet... very good and a nice change of pace. I used the Chocolate drink the second time, it was like a Fudgecicle... very good.

This is the Boy Scout way of making Ice Cream while camping.

IP Ice Cream
Ingredients:
1 IP drink packet (I used the chocolate drink packet for chocolate ice cream)
½ TSP of vanilla extract
1 packet of sweetener (optional)
1 cup of water
½ cup of course salt
Ice

Directions:
Put 1 cup of water into IP shaker – add in vanilla and sweetener – then the IP drink packet and shake until well blended. Pour mixture into small sandwich plastic bag. SEAL TIGHT.

Take a gallon sized plastic bag and fill up half way with ice cubes. Pour ½ cup of salt into the bag. Place the sealed sandwich bag with the drink mixture inside the ice cube bag. MAKE SURE BOTH BAGS ARE SEALED TIGHT.

Now here come the little arm workout! Shake, shake, shake for 8 minutes. At about 5 minutes the mixture should be partially frozen – kind of looking like a slushy. I use pot holders while I’m shaking the bag because it’s cold to hold onto!

At 8 minutes you are going to have a hard bag of ‘ice cream’! Take out of the salty ice bag and very quickly rinse the bag off under cold water.

I just wanted to bump this thread and make a comment! I made this IP Ice Cream tonight with a ProtiDiet Chocolate Pudding packet instead of the IP drink and IT IS SOOOO AMAZING!!! Tastes just like a chocolate sorbet! SO GOOD, and only took about 5 minutes!!! THANKS for whoever posted this!! What a treat!!!!

FinnSteven 02-03-2012 11:08 AM

Superbowl Sliders

SUPERBOWL SLIDERS
: Its been FAR too long since I have posted a new recipe and this one is a winner! Super-satisfying and the smaller size makes it feel like cheating because you get to eat more than one. The mushroom "bun" was a revelation... so delicious! You don't have to wait for the next big game to try this one.

Thanks to SaraBean for the idea and inspiration. We made these last night and they were total bliss.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...96184235_n.jpg

Ingredients:
Portobello or Jumbo Mushrooms (pictured)
Ground Beef (or Turkey)
1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped into very small pieces
Chopped Onion (Optional)
Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper flakes
Lettuce
American Mustard (no sugar)
Tomatoes (Optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 210 C ( 410 degrees F).

2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.

3. If using Portobello Mushrooms: Place Portobello caps on a small baking sheet with the rounded tops facing down and the "gill" side up. Spray with olive oil (or cooking spray).

If using Jumbo Mushrooms (shown in picture) Cut lengthwise to make a top and bottom "bun." If needed, cut off the bottom stem before cutting and be sure to cut high enough that you have a solid top and bottom. Its not hard and you can use two "tops" if your "bottoms" fall apart. They are delicious either way.

4. Roast the caps 12 minutes. Remove them from the oven and season them with salt and pepper. Turn oven off

5. While the mushrooms are roasting, combine meat with salt and pepper, chopped bell pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. I also add chopped frozen onions to this, but its optional. (Some IP guidelines suggest not cooking onion at all. I find that as long as they dont carmelize, you are fine.)

Form meat into small patties that will fit on the size of the mushrooms you are using. Cook on a hot skillet til done.

6. When mushrooms are finished cooking, place them open-faced on the plate. If you have Carb-Free/Sugar-Free Ketchup, add to bottom "bun" and top with a lettuce leaf. Place burger on Mushroom, top with tomatoes if using. I add American mustard to the top "bun" then cover.

7. I served this with green beans (from a can! with olive oil and a multi-pepper mix) and salad. However, if I had the time, I would have served this with thinly sliced Turnip Fries. Yum.

This is really filling and you will LOVE the "bun".

sherylynn 02-03-2012 04:52 PM

Much thanks for the recipes

Steve,

I want to thank you for all the time and effort you've put into creating, documenting, and sharing your recipes. I love to cook and I get bored very easily, so this has been a lifesaver for me.

Your slider recipe looks so good, I'm trying it this weekend.

My clinic just got in the new product - potato puree. It's unrestricted and it's pretty good. I wondered if you've seen that or maybe everyone already knew about it and I'm behind in my information flow. I figure a creative mind like yours could do something great with mashed potatoes!

:D

FinnSteven 02-03-2012 04:55 PM

we are in finland and dont have the potato puree yet. But UNRESTRICTED potatoes!?! man, I bet I could do some serious damage with that. Cant wait to get some and see what I can do with it!

gs463 02-04-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4202309)
we are in finland and dont have the potato puree yet. But UNRESTRICTED potatoes!?! man, I bet I could do some serious damage with that. Cant wait to get some and see what I can do with it!

I made stuffed peppers and put the mashed potato puree on top. I slice my pepper lengthwise in half, add the beef mixture and potato puree on top and it was almost like shepherds pie.

Tripmama 02-05-2012 12:42 AM

Yum! Thanks for sharing.

Tripmama 02-05-2012 12:43 AM

:dizzy::dizzy:Yum! Thanks for sharing.

dawn c 02-05-2012 12:58 AM

Finland

You are the greatest inspiration to me.....Thanks again! I love your recipes and pictures of all the IP food :)

Eck 02-05-2012 01:51 PM

Yea Super Bowl sliders!
Thanks again for the great ideas.

JellyMae87 02-05-2012 04:05 PM

Im pretty excited for some mashed potatoes as well... specially with some of the spinkle butter and seasonings we can have!! Yayyyy!!

FinnSteven 02-09-2012 11:05 AM

"SCARBOROUGH FAIR" CHICKEN & TURNIP MEDALLIONS:
Super easy recipe for down-home comfort food. if you are thinking "Do we really need ANOTHER chicken recipe... especially one so basic?" I think the answer is yes. Changing up your herbs can give a food you are tired of a brand new life.

Why Scarborough Fair Chicken? Because it uses tons of "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme" for the seasonings... almost giving it a crisp coating rather than just a hint of flavor. This is also perfect for making multiple breasts which can be cut into strips to add to a salad or munched on as a snack when you need an extra boost.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...99071233_n.jpg

Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts
Herbs: Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme (I use dried to make more of a crusted chicken, but can use fresh)
Sea Salt, Black & White Pepper, herb salt (like Mrs Dash)
Olive Oil
Turnips (peels and cut into slices)

Directions:
TURNIPS:

1. Pre-heat oven to 200 - 210 C.
2. Peel about 2 - 4 turnips
3. Slice into thin medallions (circles). (See picture). Thinner cuts will crisp up into chips (may burn a bit) and a little thicker cuts will be like potato wedges. too thick will not cook properly so be aware that you may need to cook those longer.
4. You can choose to either place all in a bowl and add 2 tsp olive oil and mix then place on a cookie sheet.... Or place on a cookie sheet and spray with "I Cant Believe Its Not Butter" or other low carb cooking spray. (I spray, then turn over and spray again.)
5. Cook for about 15 minutes... more or less depending on the cut of the turnip. WATCH CLOSELY after 10 minutes so they dont burn. I will taste one turnip at about 10 -15 min to see if I want crisper or not.
6. While cooking, make the chicken.
7. When done cooking, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. You can also dash with white vinegar.

CHICKEN
1. Open a package of Chicken breasts. Rinse and place back in a bowl (or the original package)
2. Pour in about 3 tsp of olive oil and coat the chicken.
3. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and herb salt. (both sides)
4. Sprinkle on a generous amount of thyme and Parsley. (I use about 2 tsp or more of each for about 4 breasts.) Make sure to get both sides.
5. Sprinkle to taste Sage and Rosemary. (Note that both are fairly strong spices so balance according to your preference. I use about 1 tsp of each.)
6. Look at the breasts and determine if you want more herbs on them. (I usually add more herbs at this point to coat the chicken thoroughly.)
7. Cook in a pan with a little olive oil or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
8. If your chicken breasts are thick, you may need to remove from the heat, cut in half, then continue cooking.
9. Be sure chicken is cooked all the way through. The herbs may look a bit burnt if you use a lot. This is good and adds to the smokey flavor as long as they arent BURNT BURNT.

Serve with Turnip Fries and Side Salad.

FinnSteven 02-13-2012 09:43 AM

MOCK BAKED "APPLES" / "APPLE" TART:
Who says you can't enjoy the taste of fruit on Ideal Protein? Believe it or not, the spices and sweetener will literally transform your zucchini (YES, ZUCCHINI!) into the sweet taste of apples.

I totally crave this and its a perfect late-evening snack when you want something sweet and fruity. its also a great way to get in additional veggies if you are sick of salads. :-)

You can make just baked "apples" (my preference) or use your Ideal Protein Oatmeal to make a crust for a pie/tart.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...28052733_n.jpg

Ingredients:

1 large zucchini
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 pinch salt
2 packets sweetener (like Truvia or Splenda)
1 tsp or more Apple Pie Spice (You can also make your own with recipe below)
1 tsp vanilla or 1 TB DaVinci/Torani Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup

for Tart:
Make IP Oatmeal according to directions (Can use a bit less water)

Directions:

1. Cut zucchini into circular disks, then cut in half to make apple slices
2. Toss togetherzucchini, lemon juice and salt. Place mixture into frying pan and cook until tender-crisp.

Note: If you are concerned about using so much lemon juice, you can cut it to 2TB. It will still taste great, but won't have a "syrupy" texture. Just make sure not to dry out when baking.
3. Midway through cooking the zucchini, add in the spices, sweetener, and vanilla. I use more than 1 tsp of the spice because I like it strong.
4. If making just the apples, lightly spray a glass pie pan with cooking spray or "I Cant Believe Its Not Butter" spray. Lay down the zucchini pies like a pie. Drizzle over the top any extra lemon juice.
5. Bake in oven at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 15-30 minutes until done. (taste at 15 min. Less time is crisp apple. More time is soft apple)

Note that the lemon juice can be quite strong. You can add a bit more sweetener to cut the sour. I use the Sugar-Free Vanilla syrup to raise the sweetness without the risk of too much of the sweetener packets. Also good with Sugar-Free Toasted Marshmallow.

If you are making the tart, make the IP Oatmeal according to directions (maybe use a bit less water) and spoon into the glass pie pan with non-stick spray. Layer "apples" on top. Bake according to directions.

The taste of the tart is quite good, but not quite what I expected and I dont like using a restricted product (oatmeal) for this when the regular baked apples by themselves are so good.

You can also enjoy this with IP Vanilla "Ice Cream". See directions here:
http://www.facebook.com/IdealProteinLohja?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?fbid=253665808036803&set=a.1811825386184 64.45488.181118358624882&type=1&theater

Apple Pie Spice:
Ingredients:

•1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
•1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
•1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional, but I use this all the time. Make sure the cardamom is ground finely)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients. If you make extra, store in an airtight container.

FinnSteven 02-14-2012 06:29 AM

RASPBERRY MERINGUE COOKIES (IP Raspberry Jelly)
Celebrate Valentine's day any day with these cute munchies. They arent as sweet as the real thing, but after eating a couple, you'll find yourself happily snacking through the whole plate. Which is ok, because in this case you can eat it all!

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...85538203_n.jpg

Ingredients:
1 package IP Raspberry Jelly (You can also use 1 small package of sugar-free Jell-o, although that has aspartame which can possibly spike your insulin. So use your discretion)
4 egg whites
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 120 C (250 F)
1. Add salt and cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat until holds a shape.
2. Slowly add IP Raspberry Jelly while you continue to beat until stiff.
3. I then spoon the mixture into a baking bag to make little star buttons or hearts. If you dont have one, then take a large ziplock bag and spoon the mixture into that. then cut a smallish hole in one of the corners.
4. Place a piece of baking paper on a cooking sheet and squeeze out your cookies.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes and check. Cookies should not be wet at all. Cook an additional 10-30 minutes depending on your oven and how you like the cookies.
6. Let cool and enjoy!

Here is an alternate recipe which looks MUCH cuter than mine, but uses quite a bit of Stevia and more egg whites. For Phase 1, I tend to shy away from more than 1-2 packets of sweetener and in the past, Stevia sometimes prevented my egg whites from becoming stiff. However, this recipe is more likely to get you a real meringue cookie taste and looks delicious, so here is another alternative.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...80289156_n.jpg

Cotton Candy IP meringue cookies (phase 1-4) serves a bunch!
1 packet IP raspberry jelly
1 cup granulated Stevia
8 egg whites at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2.Cut about 1/4 inch off a corner of a heavy gallon-size resealable plastic bag, and push a large-size cake decorating tip (such as a star tip) into the opening. The fit should be tight.
3.In a small bowl, stir the Raspberry jelly packet with the Stevia. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with cream of tartar and sea salt until stiff peaks form. As you beat the egg whites, gradually add the gelatin mixture, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Spoon the fluffy mixture into the prepared plastic bag, and gently squeeze and twist the bag to force the meringue mixture to the decorating tip. (Do not seal bag, so that air can escape.)
4.Squeeze the bag to place golf-ball size dollops of meringue mixture onto the prepared baking sheets. For a decorative effect, twist and lift as you place the cookie on the sheet, to make a pretty shape.
5.Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are set and dry, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Do not open oven door while baking. At end of baking time, turn off oven, open oven door, and allow the cookies to slowly cool in the oven before removing from baking sheets. Store in airtight container.

This recipe came from the wonderful Windsor CBP Spine Center IP Facebook page which often has really creative recipes and great tips. Well worth a visit and a LIKE!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Windso...r/265366261277

FinnSteven 02-15-2012 09:54 AM

MOCK BREAD STICKS:
I saw this recipe on another thread from "2RideRollerCoast" and had to try it. I misread the recipe, but it turned out great, which is why there are two options of instructions and the picture is for the second option ("Hand Made Sticks" vs "Pan of "Bread" Sliced")

Here is an unusual, but satisfying surprise. Bread sticks! And you'll never guess what they are made from. No extra IP products needed, so these are great for other low-carb dieters in your family, too.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...13257747_n.jpg

OK... so they dont exactly taste like bread sticks, but they are really good and a great way to eat cauliflower that doesnt taste like cauliflower at all. It also has the texture of bread which makes a great snack. I ate 1/2 the batch hot (delicious) and the other half at work cold (very good.) So this travels well.

My suggestion would be to grate the full head of cauliflower and put half of it in a bowl to use for "rice" for another meal. One of the best tips I have found is that if I prepare many meals at the same time to re-heat or assemble later, it is sooo much easier to stay fully on program and not feel desperate because you always have something ready to eat when you need.

Ingredients:
1/2 head of cauliflower grated
1 egg and 1 egg white beaten
1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon Italian spices (Note that some Pizza Herbs can taste a little "sharp" so you may add 1/4 packet of sweetener like Truvia to balance or consider using fresh herbs)
OPTIONAL: 1/2 TB olive oil
OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup grated onion
OPTIONAL: 3 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:
Option 1 (easiest)

1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C)
2. Mix together, pour onto a baking sheet that was covered with parchment paper and sprayed with olive oil.
3. Bake for 45 minutes. Check doneness.
(You can then take out and flip it carefully over with a spatula, put back in oven for 10 minutes if you want)
4. Cut into slices.

Option 2 (Pictured)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C)
2. Mix together. Smash down, then scoop out some with a spoon and form into sticks. Continue until the batter is all used.
3. Spray top with "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter", Olive Oil Spray, or brush with olive oil.
4. Bake for 30- 40 minutes. Taste for doneness.

GetUpOffaThatThing 02-15-2012 09:58 AM

I'm so glad this came to the top of the ip list. I found the fb page one day last week but then I couldnt find it again. I will bookmark it this time. Great ideas, thank you!!

bookworm23 02-15-2012 12:30 PM

I am just curious... I have seen quite a few recipes that call for chopped red or white onions. Did you cook the onions or did you throw them in raw, because I did not think we could have cooked onions at all.

rissimo 02-15-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bookworm23 (Post 4217088)
I am just curious... I have seen quite a few recipes that call for chopped red or white onions. Did you cook the onions or did you throw them in raw, because I did not think we could have cooked onions at all.

Thorw them in raw. We cannot saute onion because they will carmelize, but cooking them in something in the oven does not carmelize them.

FinnSteven 02-16-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GetUpOffaThatThing (Post 4216872)
I'm so glad this came to the top of the ip list. I found the fb page one day last week but then I couldnt find it again. I will bookmark it this time. Great ideas, thank you!!

Thanks. This thread is now included in the FAQ section, so will be easier to find.

If you LIKE my Facebook website, then new recipes will automatically show up in your news feed.

RE: Onions, yes, they are raw. As mentioned above (thanks), the danger with onions is frying so that they carmelize. However, I listed them as optional, so if you are worried then you can omit them from most recipes.

I am also re-posting the link to a fun new IP blog that I have enjoyed. Fun writing style, log of meals eaten during the day (with pix!), and some clever recipe ideas. Worth visiting

http://www.isipforme.blogspot.com/

One great point she reminds us of is the importance of MEASURING as well as weighing.

Especially for women, TOM (Time of Month) can play havok with weight loss/ water retention. So a 1lb loss one week when you were 100% on program would be depressing if you didnt also see a 5" inch loss also! It totally makes a difference in your mindset to see there are so many other factors besides your scale which measure your success.

I have also noticed that as your body is re-adjusting to the diet, constipation can make it seem like you are not losing weight. Then the "whoosh" fairy comes and the next time you weigh, you have lost much more than expected. But seeing the inches/cm lost when measuring helps you quiet your doubts and not focus completely on the scale. Very very useful for those struggling to stay on program.

GoodEatsandWine 02-16-2012 06:59 PM

Amazing thread! I checked out your Facebook page too. Everything looks so wonderful, I don't know where to start! Thank you Steven!

Momto2cs 02-17-2012 12:18 AM

Hope you keep posting! Thanks..

FinnSteven 02-17-2012 02:21 AM

ROOT BEER FLOAT (IP Vanilla Pudding):
Enjoy the creamy taste of old-fashioned Root Beer Floats!

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...75612247_n.jpg

Ingredients:
1 Package IP Vanilla Pudding
2 tsp Root Beer Extract
1 Package Sweetener (like Truvia/ Splenda)
3-4 ice cubes
Up to 2 cups cold water
Optional: 1 oz milk (if you dont use in your morning coffee)

Directions:
1. In a blender, add up to 2 cups cold water
2. If using the 1 oz milk, add that as well
3. Add in 2 tsp Root Beer Extract
4. Add 1 package sweetener.
5. Blend until smooth
6. Add ice cubes and blend until they are crushed and the shake is thick.

Delicious!

NOTE: DONT use the McCormick brand shown in the picture. It includes corn syrup. Try Zatarain's Root Beer extract or other alternative without sugar or syrup:

Caramel Color, Water, Imitation Vanilla, Alcohol, Methyl Salicylate U.S.P. Imitation Sassafras Flavor, Oil Of Spruce,Oil Of Sweet Birch, U.S.P.

Most extracts do contain some alcohol and are not strictly on the IP program. However, because of the tiny amount I have not noticed any negative impact on my weight or ketosis by using them and there are often other options from specialty health shops or sugar-free syrups.

wyo1963 02-17-2012 10:26 AM

Hi to Finland from Wyoming, USA!!! You are sure creative!! Could you pass on the Kale chip recp? Never had kale before, so thought I would give it a try. Thanks a bunch!!

GoodEatsandWine 02-17-2012 01:32 PM

FinnSteven,

Again, I love your thread, there are so many receipes to choose from!

What are your top five receipes? Also what are your top five ingredients/veggies/tricks that you like to use?

BTW, I've never heard of vanilla powder until I read your FB page...I have some on order and can't wait to try it!

FinnSteven 02-17-2012 02:24 PM

Click Here for the Kale Chips recipe

But its easier if you just click the PHOTOS tab from my FB page, then click WALL PHOTOS to scroll through until you find a picture of something you want to try. Click the picture for the recipe. EASY!

I dont know if I have a top 5 recipes since I have been trying to make at least one new thing every other day for the FB page. :-) But if asked what a typical day is it would be

BREAKFAST:
Some kind of IP Omlette or Patty with vegetables in it.
for example, IP Omlette with egg whites + sprouts/ water chesnuts/ bamboo shoots (like an Egg Foo Yong) or IP Leek Soup + egg whites + mung bean sprouts.

or a shake made in a blender with ice. My faves are Lemon Poppy Seed using Lemon Pudding, 2 cups cold Lemon Ginger Herb tea, 1 package Truvia, 2 tsp poppy seeds or Strawberry Heaven with Strawberry Pudding, 2 cups cold Vanilla Roobois Herbal Tea, 2 pinches cardamom, 1 tsp cinnamon + 1 packet sweetener. *I dont drink coffee and dont sweeten my teas, so this is where the sweeteners go for me. I could also add 1oz of milk to the shakes if I really want them creamy since I dont use the allowed milk in coffee either.

LUNCH
Soup made with 2 cups water, then blended with roasted cauliflower, broccolli, bell peppers or a combo of all three to make it super thick as well as a huge portion. This is what I take to work to microwave and is big enough to fend away hunger.

I also add a mixed pepper blend, sea salt and a dash of horseradish or wasabi or tabasco to make sure its spiced. Other spices depending on my mood would be rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil etc... mexican spices... indian spices... asian spices. The entire flavor changes depending on what you put in.

There is a jar of dill pickles in the work fridge if I get desperate.

SNACK>
Ideal Protein Bar. I have one every day and do not understand clinics which restrict them. I wouldnt have been able to stay on the diet if I wasnt able to indulge in these and look forward to them.

DINNER
this is when I make my meats. This changes daily but almost always includes a big salad.

My biggest advice to someone who is very overweight and just starting the diet would be to get a clinic which lets you take individual packets to get you started and find what you like best. If you have to cheat at the beginning... cheat with an extra packet rather than off program. I started the first month at 5 IP products a day (1 restricted) and lost weight super fast.

I would also stress that if you only buy 3 boxes, do experiment with the soups to do the thick version in the blender with roasted veggies, or adding 2 egg whites (no water) + veggies to make patties so that you arent just eating the exact same meal every day or you will probably get sick of the diet and cheat.

Spices are your friend and lifesaver. Filling 1.5 litre pop bottles with cold herbal tea and keepign them in the fridge and DRINKING instead of eating when you are hungry also saved me. What my body thought was hunger was thirst to rid the toxins.

Hope that helps.

GoodEatsandWine 02-17-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4219908)

Hope that helps.

That definitely helps! I'm always looking for a new arsenal of new recipes, spices, trick, etc. to use, whether I'm on IP or not. Sometimes I get stalled when trying to find new things to do but I'm newly inspired by your creativity!

Thank you FinnSteven!

FinnSteven 02-20-2012 03:06 AM

EXPLODING SPICED ORANGE MUG CAKE (IP Orange Drink): Actual picture... its scrumptuous, but not neat! Here's another version of the wonderful Exploding Chocolate Mug Cake that everyone seems to be raving about this week.

I say exploding because no matter how I try, this expands over the sides. Yes, even with a monster Starbugs ceramic mug. So embrace the mess and enjoy the wicked treat.

I believe the original version was created by one of our forum members Jordana, so wanted to give credit. Here's my twist on it.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...92330306_n.jpg

Ingredients
1 pkg IP Orange Drink (or any IP drink. Not Puddings!)
Approx 50 dl water (about 1/5th of a cup)
1 egg white
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon olive oil (You can cut this to 2 tsp and it still tastes great)
1 pkg (1 tsp) sweetener like Truvia/ Splenda
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Optional: Pinch of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves or pumpkin pie spices

Directions:
1. Put the drink mix in a big mug
2. Add water (it should be a slightly watery pudding consistency, just enough to be able to mix easily )
3. I beat the egg white separately til stiff, but others just add it as it is with excellent results, so you dont need to beat it.

So Add the other ingredients (egg white, baking powder, olive oil, splenda, vanilla )
4. Put it in the microwave on top of a big plate. Did you hear me? ON TOP OF A BIG PLATE because it will expand like crazy and goop over.
5. Hork and Pork Out.

NOTE:
This recipe does NOT seem to work with IP pudding (they tend to be more rubbery) or with alternative products.

If you love the cake, but feel its a bit too dry (or if you use less oil), consider drizzling on some sugar-free DaVinci or Torani syrups like vanilla, caramel, marshmallow, or pumpkin spice.

One of the readers of my blog (Susan L) wrote:

Quote:

I've been playing with the chocolate version, because it is sooo appealing. I cut the baking powder & Splenda in half & microwaved it all at 7 rather than High. As the oven shuts off & on, the 'cake' deflates & then puffs up again. Watch closely. If it still threatens to overflow, open the oven door until it deflates a bit, then continue. Also, I used a small bowl, which is bigger (& wider) than any of my mugs. I think one could also cut the olive oil back to 2 tsp. Good topped with Walden Farms chocolate sauce, too! No overflow on the 3rd try. Lovely & moist, like a pudding cake!

purple sky 02-20-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4201839)

SUPERBOWL SLIDERS
: Its been FAR too long since I have posted a new recipe and this one is a winner! Super-satisfying and the smaller size makes it feel like cheating because you get to eat more than one. The mushroom "bun" was a revelation... so delicious! You don't have to wait for the next big game to try this one.

Thanks to SaraBean for the idea and inspiration. We made these last night and they were total bliss.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...96184235_n.jpg

Ingredients:
Portobello or Jumbo Mushrooms (pictured)
Ground Beef (or Turkey)
1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped into very small pieces
Chopped Onion (Optional)
Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper flakes
Lettuce
American Mustard (no sugar)
Tomatoes (Optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 210 C ( 410 degrees F).

2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.

3. If using Portobello Mushrooms: Place Portobello caps on a small baking sheet with the rounded tops facing down and the "gill" side up. Spray with olive oil (or cooking spray).

If using Jumbo Mushrooms (shown in picture) Cut lengthwise to make a top and bottom "bun." If needed, cut off the bottom stem before cutting and be sure to cut high enough that you have a solid top and bottom. Its not hard and you can use two "tops" if your "bottoms" fall apart. They are delicious either way.

4. Roast the caps 12 minutes. Remove them from the oven and season them with salt and pepper. Turn oven off

5. While the mushrooms are roasting, combine meat with salt and pepper, chopped bell pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. I also add chopped frozen onions to this, but its optional. (Some IP guidelines suggest not cooking onion at all. I find that as long as they dont carmelize, you are fine.)

Form meat into small patties that will fit on the size of the mushrooms you are using. Cook on a hot skillet til done.

6. When mushrooms are finished cooking, place them open-faced on the plate. If you have Carb-Free/Sugar-Free Ketchup, add to bottom "bun" and top with a lettuce leaf. Place burger on Mushroom, top with tomatoes if using. I add American mustard to the top "bun" then cover.

7. I served this with green beans (from a can! with olive oil and a multi-pepper mix) and salad. However, if I had the time, I would have served this with thinly sliced Turnip Fries. Yum.

This is really filling and you will LOVE the "bun".

made something like this the other day. can't stop thinking about it. and i don't even like mushrooms.

GoodEatsandWine 02-20-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4100555)
WAFFLES!!! (IP Pudding):
I am SO LOVING kd1034's awesome waffle recipe that I am reposting it here to make sure it gets as many eyes (and tastebuds!) on it as possible.

I made the waffles with Lemon Pudding this morning and it was amazing. The lemon gave a tiny edge to the sweetness that reminded me of buttermilk waffles. So good.

I will be trying kd1034's other suggestion of WAFFLE SANDWICHES (using the waffle as bread!) tonight. (I will be adding about 1/2 to 1 TB of Italian herbs and dropping out the sweetener to make it more savory, and add in salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, sprouts and dressing). can't wait!

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...46268853_n.jpg

Ingredients:
1 IP Pudding Packet (I used lemon and it was perfect.)
2 beaten egg whites
Approx 2 oz of water
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of sea salt
1 Splenda, Truvia or other sweetener packet (optional)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat waffle iron.
2. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt.
3. Except for the water, mix all other ingredients.
4. Add water a little at a time. The batter should not be runny at all...fairly thick. UPDATE: I have found adding too much water may make the waffles too thin and be "just crust with air in the middle". So use just 2oz the first time you make this, then you can add a little more later if desired.
5. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter to each side of the waffle iron. This will puff up a lot, so be sure you dont have too much on or it will run off the sides. (If it does, just scoop out for another batch) The first time you make these, add less batter than you think you need to the waffle iron to avoid overrun.
6. Cook for 3-5 min (depending on your iron.) Should make 3-4 normal size waffles, depending on how much water you added.

Serve either plain with a spray of "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" or with Walden Farms or other sugar-free/ low-no carb syrup. (I ate mine plain.)

This would work well with Lemon, Vanilla, Strawberry, Blueberry Puddings. Probably with all, as Butterscotch and Chocolate might make some fun non-traditional flavors.

Unlike the "muffins", this did not deflate when removing from the heat and crisped up nicely.

My husband and I tried these yesterday for breakfast (using the lemon pudding) and they are amazing! I'm not even a waffle/syrup fan but now I want them every day! I could eat them plain as well. Can't wait to try the chicken soup/lunch version! YUM!

FinnSteven 02-21-2012 10:32 AM

GREEN BEAN CASSOROLE VEGGIE PATTIES (IP Soup): If you have boxes of soup, but want something different or easier to transport and microwave to eat later, try making veggie patties. This recipe turns the traditional green bean cassorole on its head for a tasty filling meal.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...17305878_n.jpg

Ingredients:
1 package IP Soup (Mushroom, Leek, or Chicken work best for taste)
1 can Green Beans (Canned actually work better than fresh, but both are ok)
2 egg whites, beaten
Sea salt and Pepper (I use a Pepper Mix with black, white, rose, and chili)
A bit of extra water (up to 50 ml) if needed.
Optional: chopped raw onions or 1 tsp dried onion flakes
Optional: chopped mushrooms
2 tsp olive oil for cooking

Directions:
1. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt.
2. Mix in IP soup
3. Add salt, pepper.
4. If using, add onions.
5. Drizzle in just a bit of extra water if desired.
6. Drain can of green beans. Add in. (I use about 3/4 of the can. You can use more or less as desired)
7. Mix.
8. Scoop out a patty size amount of batter and drop carefully onto a pan with a little olive oil in it. I usually fry 2-3 patties at a time.
9. Cook and flip.
10. When ready to eat, spraying the patties with a little "I cant't believe its not butter" spray to give it a buttery cassorole taste.